Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,241 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Need Advice On Car To Buy - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Advice On Car To Buy (4750 Views)

5 Ways Nigerians Can Save Money On Car Repairs / The First Car To Ever Get A Speed Ticket Was Caught Doing 8MPH / 6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by Nobody: 5:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
LKO:

Sir, I also intend getting a clean golf 3. 1.8L as a first car because I was told its cheap to maintain. But experts have been warning me to stay clear of VW as a first car because I would regret it. They claim our mechanics can't work on the golf 3, they instead appeal to me to get a 2000 toyota carina E or a 2000 toyota avensis. But I still prefer the golf 3 because it looks firmer on the road. I need your suggestion please.

Golf 3 1.8L engine....good budget car.
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by LKO(m): 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
SmartChoices:

Golf 3 1.8L engine....good budget car.

Thanks. What about the inability of mechanics to work on vw including golf 3 people talked about?

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by Nobody: 6:09pm On Apr 22, 2015
LKO:

Thanks. What about the inability of mechanics to work on vw including golf 3 people talked about?
Taxi drivers love that car....why? Because there's nothing complex to work on in it! Where do you stay?
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by LKO(m): 6:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
SmartChoices:

Taxi drivers love that car....why? Because there's nothing complex to work on in it! Where do you stay?

I see. Thanks. I m in Warri Delta State
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
LKO:

I see. Thanks. I m in Warri Delta State
Bros enjoy your car it's rugged and speeds like lightening.... With good fuel economy.... You can also follow Siena on Nairaland he's a vw man...n am sure he'll be able to give you a lot of tips!
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by Adeyeyeaki(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2015
@DGD1, you mean l can get a good mech that will follow me for Inspection before buying? How can look link them up? Can l get someone closer here I Agbara cos am intending getting it in seme.
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by LKO(m): 9:54am On Apr 23, 2015
SmartChoices:

Bros enjoy your car it's rugged and speeds like lightening.... With good fuel economy.... You can also follow Siena on Nairaland he's a vw man...n am sure he'll be able to give you a lot of tips!

Many thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by sparkleboy(m): 3:05am On Apr 24, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/1944361/clean-nissan-altima-sale-regd

Call me

It's in perfect condition except for the scratches on the body

You can bring your mechanic or any knowledgeable person along
Call 08032241126
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by pinetulips(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2015
Pro in d house will 600k by a tokunmbo 2006 Audi a4 avant wagon . I need ur professional.advice please
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by nurey(m): 10:44am On Apr 28, 2015
pinetulips:
Pro in d house will 600k by a tokunmbo 2006 Audi a4 avant wagon . I need ur professional.advice please

Anybody advertising that car for this price is a dubious individual I doubt if a Nigerian used would even be sold for that price.
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by abatically(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
pinetulips:
YES YES YES. on OLX
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by abatically(m): 10:55am On Apr 28, 2015
pinetulips:

Let me guess..... Olx
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by rabbuy(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
A Nissan skyline thank me later
Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by amnesty7: 9:06am On Apr 29, 2015
SmartChoices:

A robbers den! No to the Camry!... Rough roads... No to Honda either accord or discord.... Distance. And holdups a car with good fuel economy n rugged to take charge of the road...
Golf 3 1.8L engine seems ideal! In fact your money will get a super clean toks and the mechanics are everywhere...the parts r also cheap...
Previa not easy to work on due to engine location
Abosolutely spot on! Go for the specified Golf 3!

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by Originalsly: 2:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
LKO:

But I still prefer the golf 3 because it looks firmer on the road.
Hmmm...it also looks firmer in the workshop. Bro...consider what it takes for it to be on the road... you would be a new driver with absolutely no knowledge of maintaining let alone repairing a car. Forget about looks.

1 Like

Re: Need Advice On Car To Buy by LKO(m): 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Originalsly:
Hmmm...it also looks firmer in the workshop. Bro...consider what it takes for it to be on the road... you would be a new driver with absolutely no knowledge of maintaining let alone repairing a car. Forget about looks.

Lol @ "it also looks firmer in the workshop". Quite funny. Thanks. I would go for the 2000 toyota carina E 1.8L or the 2000 toyota avensis 1.8L due to popular opinion. That should be a wise decision right?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Ever Buy Nigerian Used Car. / Please Recommend The Best Car / High Quality Car Spray Needed In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.