Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,992 members, 7,806,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (48901 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by bishop4APC: 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
ibietela2:

How can he use 20T and Nigeria is not still bankrupt?

Some times i wonder if some Nigerians actually went to school

Look at this one, how much is 20 trillion when okonjo iweala mismanaged 30 trillion just in 6 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by francizy(m): 5:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mogidi:

Buhari has no democratic ideals and coupled with his 12million "Talakawa" voters up North it would be difficult unseating Buhari.

The future looks bleak though nature has been known to favour Nigerians when faced with autocratic rulers.

You sabi book.. PDP is this, PDP is that. We shall know how well APC will perform and 2019 will show who the real bigots are...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by tomakint: 5:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
bishop4APC:

This barcanista is a bonified mumu, do you know how much oga jona dashed out for his re-election bid, oga jona dashed out 20 trillion naira for election campaign and you are here talking of 1.8trillion naira which is chicken change.
N20 trillion for election campaign? shocked shocked and N1.8 trillion chicken change shocked shocked truly you need a 'new brain'........

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
bishop4APC:

This barcanista is a bonified mumu, do you know how much oga jona dashed out for his re-election bid, oga jona dashed out 20 trillion naira for election campaign and you are here talking of 1.8trillion naira which is chicken change.
lol @ N20 trilion for election... How much is our annual revenue? You people sometimes will wake up and allocate figures. Do you know what N20trillion is? Nigeria annual budget has never gone beyond N5trillion in any given year and you are saying N20trilion. grin grin grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Metrofox(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
1. Buhari/APC To Pay 25m Unemployed N5000 Per Month
Cost Implication:

The implication here is that the sum of N125billion (ie 25million * N5000) will be spent to service this policy every month, and an estimated N1.5 trillion (ie N125bn * 12 months) will be spent on this policy alone every year.

2. Buhari/APC To Provide Daily Meal for Primary School pupils.
First, the FG has no business with the runoning of Primary schools. This is the responsibility of States and Local Government. However, Buhari's administration pledged to provide at least one meal per day for Primary school Children, we shall hold him accountable.
Cost Implication:
Osun State reportedly spent N3.2billion in 2014 for the feeding of 300,000 primary 1 to 4 pupils in the state. The Osun state program exclude pupils in Primary 5 and 6. If we are to break it per pupil, we will have N10,667 per pupil(ie 3.2b/300k). Considering that over 35million children are estimated to be enrolled in Primary school across the country, at least the sum of THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREEE BILLION (N373b) is estimated to be spent on the program annually(ie 35m * 10,667).

Gross Annual Estimated Cost For Both Programs
N1.5trn + N373b = N1.873trn

That means Buhari is to increase our Recurrent Expenditure by N1.83trn.

How Feasible Are These Programs?
Let us take a look at the key component of the 2015 Budget(as adjusted by the Senate).
Total Budget Stand at N4.3trn.
Recurrent Expenditure: N2.58 trillion
Capital Expenditure: N700 billion

From where will Buhari See N1.8trn To Service His Social Programs?
- Remove Subsidy? If he's thinking of scrapping fuel subsidy, the adjusted allocation for petrol subsidy in 2015 budget is N100billion. The adjusted allocation for SURE-P is N21b, while the subsidy for kerosene for 2015 was adjusted to N45.5b. This gives a total of N166.5b.
Even if he should scrap SURE-P and remove the petrol and kerosene subsidy, he still won't be able to get 1% of the N1.8trn.

- Spend All Capital Expenditure + Subsidy? Even if Buhari is to spend all our N700b Capital Expenditure on his Social program in addition to the N166.5billion subsidy funds, it still won't be enough as it will fall short of One Trillion Naira.
N700b + N166.5b= N866 billion

- Money Appropriated To NASS? The total budget for the National Assembly for 2015 is N115b. Even if Buhari is to spend this money + subsidy allocation + Capital Expenditure to fund his program, he won't be able to raise the required fund. As all appropriation combined stand at N981billion(ie N700b + N115b + N166b)

So How Does Buhari intend to raise N1.873trillion to fulfil this social welfare pledge? Does this mean the administration has failed even before starting? Dead on arrival?

money recovered from corruption proceeds... Do I need to remind you.. Oil theft, malabu scam, subsidy scam, NNPC.. these are good starts grin grin
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ibietela2(m): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
bishop4APC:

Look at this one, how much is 20 trillion when okonjo iweala mismanaged 30 trillion just in 6 years

I don't know please tell me........

Can you show us proof to how she mismanaged 30T?

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by tomakint: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
bishop4APC:

You again shocked shocked.........hmmmnnnn....Jesus wept for bishop4APC cry cry cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by abduljabbar4(m): 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
How can somebody use 2trn for election? Do you guys even know what N2trn is? As in you just sit down and believe anything. There is NO WAY N2trn will be spent on election. That amount(2trn) is more than Lagos State annual budget, it is more than what some state spend in 4 years(eg Kano State). Please, argue with sense.

Jonathan's SURE-P program does not capture up to 200,000 people in the population. So what is your argument? What is our revenue annually? Anyway, HOW will Buhari achieve it?
Then you are telling us not to believe your source cos it was reported by Punch.ng and vanguard. Barcanista just accept defeat and zip your mouth. It stinks

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ozoigbondu: 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

Any negative news concerning GEJ is true before its veracity is authenticated.

People seems to lose their common thinking faculty whenever GEJ is concerned.Their hate blinds their oblangata.lmagine 20 trillion for campaign while Ngigie was accusing peter obi of wasting 2 trillion in 8 years and some iditots believed it.

12 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Metrofox(m): 6:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

Conjectures! Conjectures! ! Conjectures! !!

It's very Feasible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by bishop4APC: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
lol @ N20 trilion for election... How much is our annual revenue? You people sometimes will wake up and allocate figures. Do you know what N20trillion is? Nigeria annual budget has never gone beyond N5trillion in any given year and you are saying N20trilion. grin grin grin

You still believe those crooks are not making more than our annual budget
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Mogidi: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
Metrofox:

money recovered from corruption proceeds... Do I need to remind you.. Oil theft, malabu scam, subsidy scam, NNPC.. these are good starts grin grin

There are as many corrupt people in APC as there are in PDP.
Are the APC made up of Ugandans? Buhari couldn't end corruption as a military dictator and expecting him to do so as a civilian president is childish.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by bishop4APC: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
ibietela2:

I don't know please tell me........

Can you show us proof to how she mismanaged 30T?

Many gullibles on NL.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ozoigbondu: 6:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:

lmagine and somebody called Ngige was blaming my ex-governor during campaigns of wasting 2 trillion in eight years but some guillble idiots believes that somebody spent 20 trillon for election campaigns that lasted less than six months

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by abduljabbar4(m): 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mogidi:

Buhari has no democratic ideals and coupled with his 12million "Talakawa" voters up North it would be difficult unseating Buhari.

The future looks bleak though nature has been known to favour Nigerians when faced with autocratic rulers.
I'm a northerner and I voted for Gmb so how are you half as rich as I'm please? Since we are talakawa. Abeg go and drink cold water so that your throat will cool down. Gej is the LOSER

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Sweetguy25: 6:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
No comment.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by dinachi(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
By the time we recover 30 trn from Okonjo Iweala and co, we won't have to worry about those..lest I forget the sum of 2trn from Jonathan elections expenses. @Barcanista just the way you failed in your quest to return Jonathan,the same way you will fail in trying to discredit Buhari.
Never again will Nigerians vote for a clannish bowler hat wearing Ijaw man.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by aresa: 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
[s]
tomakint:

Like the slave mentality you have always portrayed here, what do you stand to gain in this janjanweed government undecided
[/s]

Trolls and TaNoids bore me...
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
Metrofox:

And how many YEARS is it gonna take to recoup all those? There's a limit to which brooms can sweep. grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ibietela2(m): 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
bishop4APC:

Many gullibles on NL.

See how you are kicking yourself?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Which Oil theft? How much is involved in Malambu Deal? Do you know who and who are involved? Haven't you heard that Buhari isn't probing "the past" but will focus on present? Did you miss the allocation for the Subsidy? We are talking of 1.8trillion naira.
Metrofox:

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
dinachi:
By the time we recover 30 trn from Okonjo Iweala and co, we won't have to worry about those..lest I forget the sum of 2trn from Jonathan elections expenses. @Barcanista just the way you failed in your quest to return Jonathan,the same way you will fail in trying to discredit Buhari.

How many years will we take to recoup the 30 trn? Are the just lying fallow in a bank?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Mogidi: 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
[s]
dinachi:
[/s]

Buhari used the same slogan 30yrs ago when he overthrew Shagari and the "kworropt" politicians, we know how it ended.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by bishop4APC: 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
tomakint:

You again shocked shocked.........hmmmnnnn....Jesus wept for bishop4APC cry cry cry

And satan wept for tomacunt.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ozoigbondu: 6:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
dinachi:

30 tr 20 tr shocked Our entire budget for the past four years is not up to 30 trillion and my state had less than 2 trillion in four years.l don't why people belive cooked up figures

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

Buhari used the same slogan 30yrs ago when he overthrew Shagari and the "kworropt" politicians, we know how it ended.

Hahahha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
ozoigbondu:

lmagine and somebody called Ngige was blaming my ex-governor during campaigns of wasting 2 trillion in eight years but some guillble idiots believes that somebody spent 20 trillon for election campaigns that lasted less than six months
Some people are not rational. Someone said Iwaela mismanaged 30trillion Naira in 6years, I was like how come? How much did Nigeria get as revenue(plus loan) since 2010? Do they know what is 30trillion? Bro we have so many ignorant people around. Chai...

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
Oga you keep making ridiculous statement. How much is allocated to SURE-P btw? Can you steal more than what is available to steal? Abi you think say them de print money anyhow? Who tell you that Obasanjo returned 200m? Which 200m sef? We are talking of N1.8trn here and you are bringing beer-parlour gist. How is paying 5' per monk to 25m Nigerians feasible?do you have an idea on how much is our annual revenue? You want him to take loan from WB and IMF to fund the project?
as usual, u be mumu.

Now, ds is the deal, 1.8 trillion is feasible and it cld be realised.

Stop ranting for attention.
Nigeria produces nothing less than 2.5milluobarrel of oil daiky, minus the ones ur mentor steals with his crek guys. Now, 2$ from each barrels will give u $5,000,000 per day. Multiply with 30 days u av: $150,000,000 which is roughly 30billion naira per month.

Now, if u curtail theft from ur brothers and maybe mark up $10 per barrel for this arrangement, u will be able to pay 25million people per month.

Now, like I said, it is a stupid idea but it cld be done.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Metrofox(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

And how many YEARS is it gonna take to recoup all those? There's a limit to which brooms can sweep. grin grin grin grin grin
They either vomit it or go to prison.. Shikena
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
dinachi:
some comments are best ignored. Sorry for not ignoring yours.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
as usual, u be mumu.

Now, ds is the deal, 1.8 trillion is feasible and it cld be realised.

Stop ranting for attention.
Nigeria produces nothing less than 2.5milluobarrel of oil daiky, minus the ones ur mentor steals with his crek guys. Now, 2$ from each barrels will give u $5,000,000 per day. Multiply with 30 days u av: $150,000,000 which is roughly 30billion naira per month.

Now, if u curtail theft from ur brothers and maybe mark up $10 per barrel for this arrangement, u will be able to pay 25million people per month.

Now, like I said, it is a stupid idea but it cld be done.

Once again, just conjectures! !!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
abduljabbar4:

Why replying that loser? There will even be some changes left. Imagine what Gej still has in his account
If he is not replied he may think he is right. He has no iota of shame: He once lauded the manifesto of Buhari. He avoids me like a plague because I always point out his lacunae.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Ibrahim Yar'adua And Saratu Sodangi To Wed (Wedding IV Photos) / Prophet Odumeje Visits Abia Government House, Anthony Agbazuere Sprays Him Money / Getting A Gun Is Like Buying Bread, Says Daudawa, ‘repentant’ Bandit (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.