Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,208 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:31 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86700 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Factfinder1(m): 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
Just don't get married cos you sound dumb and stupid

6 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by crisisexpert321(m): 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
Discrimination among Christians. Please look 4 audio tapes on knowledge and power coming soon on 20th January 2018.

A man in the Bible was not born?

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by That3: 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
Are Catholics and Pentecostal two different religions? May God free us from these religious segregation. He isn't even a Muslim and you are scared, Even among Christianity? What have we reduced ourselves to?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by GGirll: 11:07pm On Jan 01, 2018
misreal:
I was in the same shoes with you,my dear.don't let people decieve you into believing that all that is needed is love.belief also matters a lot .I thought so myself until the day she sayed she doesn't like my speaking in tongues.worst of all you are a lady,after marriage u r a gonner.my humble advice is that you break the relationship now,u can't joke with your eternity.don't think you can change him,cos u r not the holy ghost.
Happened to me too he coerced me that he would join me to my Pentecostal church cos of my ministry only to start persuading me with riddles of love covers all n all to coerce me to wed n attend Catholic I just dumped him for good cos I can't thread my soul with anything less of Jesus Christ.can't afford to be in Hell fire for eternity after this world no way nobody by God's grace can coerce me to date Catholic or any of its kind again.

6 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by millionboi2: 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
Deicide:
Religion are like cults the only difference is just the number of people in it.
I asked one of my deeper life friend if she can marry a catholic and she said no i asked why and i didnt get any reasonable response. we seem to forget we are are humans what is this force thats always trying to differentiate us?
i have told dem,that I can go to any church sit comfortably and worship God.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by festwiz(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
This post is from 2015. Which mod pushed this to front page?

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ranoscky(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2018
Get married and continue with where u worship. Or talk it up with him. If he decides u attend same church with him, then...

The bible says: "if ur one hand will prevent u from making heaven....." well, complete it urself.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by exlinkleads(f): 11:09pm On Jan 01, 2018
lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by zicoraads: 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
What kind of foolish thing is this? Which moderator brought this here? Someone asked for advice since 2015 and it is being brought to FP now?

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
smiley
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 01, 2018
misreal:
I was in the same shoes with you,my dear.don't let people decieve you into believing that all that is needed is love.belief also matters a lot .I thought so myself until the day she sayed she doesn't like my speaking in tongues.worst of all you are a lady,after marriage u r a gonner.my humble advice is that you break the relationship now,u can't joke with your eternity.don't think you can change him,cos u r not the holy ghost.
What are you saying bros.... do you mean marrying a Catholic will make her forsake eternity... That your ex doesn't like your speaking in tongues is her personal issue and is no cause for generallization.... why do you think he is the one that needs change not the lady.... my brother do not judge...
NB: everything you believe in as a Christian has been sustained and upheld by the Catholic Church. No offense meant.

My dear there is nothing wrong with the Catholic Church. I have attended various churches... all I see is refurbished fragments of Catholic practices.

No one says you can't be charismatic in the Catholic Church.

17 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by oglalasioux(m): 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
These are people supposedly worshipping the same God. Shameless bigots.

6 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by zicoraads: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2018
Catholics behave like this too and its annoying. So I don't really care what you do.

Poor Christians and poor Muslims. Very useless set of people!

4 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by zicoraads: 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
oglalasioux:
These are people supposedly worshipping the same God. Shameless bigots.
Catholics are more of the bigots! undecided
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Please nlander I need you guys help.
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
I dislike their method of worship and their believe.
I don't know, how i will cope with him cos of his church...
... please mature advice.

Ur a religious Idiot.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Tomoyayi(m): 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2018
Shey both of you are Christians! Na wa o, segregation dey for Christianity ni
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by creamy1990(f): 11:16pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
pls u guys should talk this out properly before you enter into that institution called marriage, u know it's the only car without a reverse gear. This issue can break a home if not well handled but I think catholics are still better than celestial the only idea I don't buy in them is them praying to mary and bowing down if frnot of carved images

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by snowden9(m): 11:17pm On Jan 01, 2018
As much as I was surprised that a mod had to push a 2015 thread to fp on 2018,i still must applaud them though cos nairaland is like a search engine. imagine someone's going through this particular case in this 2018 and on going through the nairaland front-page, she sees this, and maybe she wasn't satisfied with the answers, i believe your additional contribution might probably go a long way in making the person to know what to do.

As for the Topic:
Church denomination should never be a reason why people should not marry.

3 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by WONDERS001(m): 11:18pm On Jan 01, 2018
No doubt u love him.
But love alone does not build a home, your personality and your faith is also necessary. Pls,don't overlook dis part.
NOW THAT BOTH HAVE NOT WALKED DOWN THE ISLE DO THE FOLLOWING .......
1. DISCUSS THIS ISSUE VERY WELL.
2.Reach a compromise before you say "I do".
its either you join his church or he join urs... ...Its not ideal to have 2 churches in one home.
3.Ensure that you adhere to what ever both of you agree on this issue..... DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MIND AFTER YOUR WEDDING.
FINALLY ...... If you can't reach a compromise on this issue, please put an end to the marriage plan because once you say "I do" ,you can never change it to "I didn't do".

GOD BLESS YOU...
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by olamil34(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
Get the best prices from different stores on quickfinda.com
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by butterbread: 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
j

My dear, firstly find out your fiance's personal belief in God.

Does he believe in speaking in tongues?

Does he believe in the Holy Spirit?

Go through every belief of importance to you with him in conversation.

From him, find out the difference between beliefs of a catholic versus that of a charismatic.

Know his personal beliefs.

If his beliefs tally with yours, you can go to church with him while taking everthing you experience in the catholic church with a pinch of salt.

Because everyone around me worships the gods does not mean I should too.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Tolams16(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
Tell him the truth abt wat u feel concerning his church N maybe u guys can work somtin out. D truth sets free.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by CzarChris(m): 11:19pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Well, our case is almost the same, I was born a catholic converted into pentcostalism as a child when my parents left the catholic church. I even left the Christianity entirely at a certain point because religion became a complete bore to me. To cut the long story short, I fell helplessly in love with the most wonderful girl I have ever met in all my years. She is a catholic (hardcore) the only thing that stood as a stumbling block for me marrying her was the same thing I ran away from (religion). I have agreed to convert into a catholic to marry her(people who know me are still amazed at my decision) why because she is worth every bit of it. Hell will go cold if religion would be what would stop me from marrying her.
I shifted grounds because she was worth it to me. The question here is this, is he worth it? So you won't wake up tomorrow with a serious case of had I known. Think well and stand by what you have decided.

Note: Me converting is just to consecrate the marriage in the catholic church, after that, to your tents o Isreal. But anything can still happen down the line, since I practically don't even have a church in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Rushtec(m): 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2018
HOLY SPIRIT IS A SCAM IN CHRISTIAN DOOM, NOTHING LIKE HOLY SPIRTI
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by diluewunmi: 11:20pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!

I sense deception. *he will decide when you get married* thats not good. Love is not the first in marriage but understanding. Pls dont be blinded by love. Use your head biko

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by jaxxy(m): 11:21pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:

U have discuss this with him and let him know ur preference and maybe why. If he can accept it fine since u can't full adapt to being catholic. Trash it out and both of u agree on wat works for u both. U can attend both his and urs alternately or smtng he can equally attend urs and see bt he shud never force u to his cos marriage is not about just one person bt both of u.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by unbitchable(m): 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2018
chyima:
2015 on front page,madam must be married with children now
Lol. she don even forget say the thread exist sef. Those Mods just want traffic.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by jaxxy(m): 11:27pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!

Ure funny why can't u leave him? Is he ur God or smtn? There shud be a limit to wat we sacrifice in being in a relationship or else u will soon loose urself. He met u wen u were in the Pentecostcal and dated u if he dictates 2u to leave like dat then its wrong and that is not love at least 2me.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by wunmi590(m): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
What the fvck, post of 2015 in 2018?

Are the m.od sleeping before?

Shior

Modified:

OP, you don't like his church and you want to go ahead and marry him, you have no shame at all for coming here to unleash this statement.

#ProudCatholic

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Ogunleti01: 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
dulux07:
You knew that, before u started d relationship with him. Your best option is to discuss with him n convince him to allow u continue worshiping in ur church, if he does not agree, u ve no choice than to ff him to his church if he insist, cos he is ur husband, n the bible is against u disobeying him, all u can do is keep praying abt it. So its better u guys agree on this, before u get married.
My bro it is easier said than done oo! if he allows her to be attending her own church, he will be doing it to buy up the time after 2 or three kids now you will be hearing stories that ... am not comfortable with this idea of attending separate churches...
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by SirBunky85(m): 11:28pm On Jan 01, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping wit
h), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
Pls stop bringing everything here. u weren't forced in d first place and here u are seeking for advice. if I tell u to leave him,will u? all dese attention seeking for dis early year no good at all pls
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Newboss(m): 11:29pm On Jan 01, 2018
They should be married by now! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.