Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,458 members, 7,770,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:34 AM

Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic (86694 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by stevups(m): 10:41am On Jan 02, 2018
Get married to him, he is a Christian.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by NaijaNonny: 10:43am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Please nlander I need you guys help.
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.
I dislike their method of worship and their believe.
I don't know, how i will cope with him cos of his church...
... please mature advice.
i think u are heavily misguided and myopic,why bring ur low knowledge for people,why not go and marry your pastor or maybe the holy spirit u seek after.its cos of people like you that the word of God is downplayed.what do u know about catholic?is anybody forcing you marry?u are just fantastically daft u need serious help

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by greatsodade(m): 10:53am On Jan 02, 2018
Is Pentecostal and Catholic different religion?...so all this days, this OP never get herself.... Mtchewwww, Iya OP make ya new year resolution now oo cos you can't continue in that state of mind in this 2018 Biko.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Natureinspred: 10:55am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!

you said he is a charismatic member. the charismatic in the catholic church does everything like Pentecostal we enroll in one year class called beginners class knowing more about God and discovering your gift if the holy ghost.if you don't pass you will continue if you pass and receive Christ you will join in the holy ghost baptism just like the time of the apostles. after the Pentecostal you continue with a class called post seminar class for another 6 to 9 months by then you have discovered the gift of the holy ghost then you are posted to your ministry to start the work God has given you to do. I will tell you not all Pentecostal churches do this to bring their members closer to God and to him. He is a charismatic member meaning he knows God. no body holy pass. I am a confirm catholic and a charismatic member. we go to other Pentecostal churches for ministration and they come to ours too.The most important thing is the man that will knows God and will draw you more closer to God.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by LilSfc(m): 10:59am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
I'm dating a catholic right now n am about to marry him, I'm scared of becoming a catholic member cos of my background ( the church am worshiping with), we believe in gift of the holy spirit and his presence in us.

Sister am a pentecostal member with Catholic background, I don't think the marriage will work except God allow you to take charge of the family spiritually
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by emmykingsok(m): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:

I know what you're passing through, but if you really love him, go ahead with him.

well, I must correct one impression here about Catholic Church, by your post you are implying that Catholics don't believe in the gift, and presence of the holy spirit? sadly, this is one of the many erroneous views about Catholic Church and almost all her teachings. but let me tell you that there's no atom of truth. first Catholics believe in Holy Trinity and holy spirit is third person of the blessed Trinity. Catholics have over the centuries regards the holy spirit as the soul of the church that inspires all her teachings

my point is, if you love the guy, go ahead with him. you can confirm what I have said about the holy spirit and Catholic Church yourself, there are lots of sources where you can do that

good luck
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 02, 2018
If you knew the word of God,this would not be an issue.
Instead of coming to nairaland, seek God, search his word and consult another believer concerning this issue.
Try to know about the catholic religion and know why your church considers it wrong.
Don't follow emotions.
If reasons given is in line with the bible, Speak to your partner about it with respect, if he refuse or give u a vague answer run as fast as you can.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by CioAngels(f): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2018
Christians, where is the one body in Christ? My dear, if you don't like his church, then call off the friendship because he wont change his church. I must say you wasted your time by complaining now because you knew all the while he is a Catholic, maybe, you were saying you will change him, sorry you cant change a man but you can change yourself to what he wants. Unless you want to use evil dimension to it and the effect might disgrace you, so think.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by cyrilamx(m): 11:17am On Jan 02, 2018
Oga there is no Catholic teaching th states that once you ar baptised as adult or infant, u already saved. What the Church teaches is to continue struggle for one's salvation in cooperation with the abundant grace of Christ. That why we have the sacrament of Reconciliation or Penance...a spiritual fountain of Forgiveness we can each draw from whenever we fall/fail as a Christian. In catholicism there is so much misconception. There are not more than hundred people that hate the Catholic Church for what she is, but there are millions of people who hate the Catholic Church for what they think she is. The bigotry against the Catholic Church is real, hence I always tell fellow Catholic as well as our separated brethren to limit their love search to their particular denominations because such crisis of faith must surely rear it's ugly head up in any inter-denominational courtship. While there can be no real issue between pentecostal denominations, the issue is real between Catholic /pentecostal lovers. One can never sacrifice one's faith on the alter of love. Regarding the king James Bible, these re translations that fall short of the 72 books u find in Catholic translation which were the first indeed.
brocab:
Yes I agree-as I had said in one of my Quotes to her, trust in God.
It's hard to give up on Christ what you already know, she had already found the truth in Christ.
My wife and I are on the same boat, even Thur I love my wife dearly and she became a born again Christian, she was starting to have that personal freedom with Jesus, listening to him-but deep down her heart was with the Catholic Church, where she grew up.
As I said>its hard to give up what you already know...

The couple will have many differences, they both need to have that willingness to share in each's ones beliefs. Not just one sided.
My wife believes in the Catholic Church, she believes when she was baptised as a baby her own parents had made the right decision for her spiritual growth-until she herself dies. She believes she is already saved, before given her heart over to become a born again Christian and receiving the Holy Spirit.
So you see my King James bible reads different, from the catholic bible, and these are the problems this lady will front up against, at times it will be frustrating for both of them, like it is for us..

So with this ladies little problem, it could become a bigger problem, she needs the Lord more, like never before.
As I have said: Its hard to give up what you already know...
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:28am On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Thanks all.
I love him so much, he do love me also
I have told him about his church severally, he said that I'm telling story until i comes in as his wife, he will decide if I will go to my church or not.
He is a serious catholic member, charismatic member.
I am So confused because my family and church members told me, he won't change because of him rather I will b the one. .
I don't want to leave him.
I don't just know what to do!

U know what 2 do, just afraid 2 make d decision leave him now
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by optional1(f): 11:32am On Jan 02, 2018
oshe111:
Is it advisable for someone with AS to get married to a girl with AS

Alwayz different
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:33am On Jan 02, 2018
NaijaNonny:
i think u are heavily misguided and myopic,why bring ur low knowledge for people,why not go and marry your pastor or maybe the holy spirit u seek after.its cos of people like you that the word of God is downplayed.what do u know about catholic?is anybody forcing you marry?u are just fantastically daft u need serious help

u are obviously a catholic, advise her and stop raining insults and displaying ur foolishness here. by their fruits , u shall know dem
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Jacobpio: 11:41am On Jan 02, 2018
kevoh:
Christians! They can not even agree among themselves! Even to get married to each other na wahala! undecided And you expect an atheist to take you guys serious?
They must not take us serious. The believe in God is not necessarily dependent on Christian's conduct. Their problem is not of Christians behaviours but God's existence.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Zinny25(f): 11:48am On Jan 02, 2018
If you are really a believer, then that ought to be the first thing you put straight before going into a relationship. Marry someone of like manner. But at this stage, it's you alone that can decide what you want for yourself, if you marry him then you must attend his church.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by femi4: 12:14pm On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
Don't try it, they ll impose their doctrine on you. I m sure you believe that Mary is no longer a virgin
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by ayommy12: 12:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
This is all about the danger of claiming to be a christian and not having a way God talks to you. Well, here is my advice, if you started the relationship on the leading of the holy spirit, I tell you to marry him even if he's an herbalist but if you started the relationship based on love and attraction (and you are doubting this way) and he's a fire brand pastor of your own denomination, pleaseeeeeeeeeee bear the pain and opt out, that you are doubting/afraid alone is a bad foundation for a life time journey.

And for those believing that some people don't regard catholic as good Christians, I wouldn't blame you if you are guys, its not as easy as you think it should be for a woman because we are talking of hierarchy in marriage here, men has no problem in this regard, women does coz a wife material is expected to submit to her hubby in all things and the choice of church is not an exemption. Dear lady poster, marry from your denomination, not bcs you feel you people are better than catholic or any other denomination but for your happiness and unity in the home. God will strengthen your emotions and heal you up fast and lead you aright.

2 Likes

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Malawian(m): 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2018
Natureinspred:

you said he is a charismatic member. the charismatic in the catholic church does everything like Pentecostal we enroll in one year class called beginners class knowing more about God and discovering your gift if the holy ghost.if you don't pass you will continue if you pass and receive Christ you will join in the holy ghost baptism just like the time of the apostles. after the Pentecostal you continue with a class called post seminar class for another 6 to 9 months by then you have discovered the gift of the holy ghost then you are posted to your ministry to start the work God has given you to do. I will tell you not all Pentecostal churches do this to bring their members closer to God and to him. He is a charismatic member meaning he knows God. no body holy pass. I am a confirm catholic and a charismatic member. we go to other Pentecostal churches for ministration and they come to ours too.The most important thing is the man that will knows God and will draw you more closer to God.
What these "Pentecostals" don't know is that they borrowed just one aspect of the Catholic Church and made it their only way.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Penexpress: 12:35pm On Jan 02, 2018
So much dislike.
Catholic Church invoke God the father, God the Son and God the holy Spirit. Before any prayer. Get your information right

Where do our Protestant brothers get their info from... Who told you Catholic don't believe in the holy spirit....
So much dislike for the Catholic church...[/quote]
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by Emmywilly: 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
Most of these Pentecostal brethren have erroneous beliefs of the Catholic church. The Holy Spirit is fully much present in the Catholic church. The grace you can derive from it is enormous. I bet you if you go with him you'll never regret your decision.... Our Blessed mother is there to welcome you.
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by GAMEFACE: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
bchi:
An average Catholic lacks deep spiritual understanding, a few are spiritually strong or tough!...Don't listen to most nairalanders.You really have to pray for the Holy spirit's guidance before you move forward..90% of the Catholics I know are powerless, don't speak in tongues, have a relationship with Mary more than they have with the Holy Ghost, recite the rosary more than they worship....they don't even know how to pray.....infact most are empty!! I used to be a Catholic and that's how I know....if he is a deep Catholic who knows the word and speaks in tongues then u can go but if he is one of those who practice "religion" and attend masses just for attending and argue the bible all the time, still drinks and has stupid friends,.....can't list them all...if he isn't a word doers forget it! Most Catholics don't understand spiritual things....If u pray you can draw him to your side and help him grow if not remember that if you marry him then you must follow him to the Catholic church if you want the marriage to work.

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by batista181(m): 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2018
My dear sister you are Joking of all churches in the world catholic is the best you can find the truth and original faith in Christ Catholic existence is about 2000 years before your church so if you have a problem with it you are not a Christian
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by batista181(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2018
GAMEFACE:
An average Catholic lacks deep spiritual understanding, a few are spiritually strong or tough!...Don't listen to most nairalanders.You really have to pray for the Holy spirit's guidance before you move forward..90% of the Catholics I know are powerless, don't speak in tongues, have a relationship with Mary more than they have with the Holy Ghost, recite the rosary more than they worship....they don't even know how to pray.....infact most are empty!! I used to be a Catholic and that's how I know....if he is a deep Catholic who knows the word and speaks in tongues then u can go but if he is one of those who practice "religion" and attend masses just for attending and argue the bible all the time, still drinks and has stupid friends,.....can't list them all...if he isn't a word doers forget it! Most Catholics don't understand spiritual things....If u pray you can draw him to your side and help him grow if not remember that if you marry him then you must follow him to the Catholic church if you want the marriage to work.
is obvious you are a fool if you think you are more spiritual than the catholic what ever you think you know they know it 2000 years before you so keep quiet with your speaking in whatever

1 Like

Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by seuncyrus(m): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2018
The kind mention wey this woman go get today ehn since 2015
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by 9inches(m): 3:52pm On Jan 02, 2018
seuncyrus:
The kind mention wey this woman go get today ehn since 2015

I dey teh you grin
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by GAMEFACE: 5:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
batista181:
is obvious you are a fool if you think you are more spiritual than the catholic what ever you think you know they know it 2000 years before you so keep quiet with your speaking in whatever
see you...� I am sure you said the rosary this morning and the last time you read your bible was in 2016!! Bonko .you are definitely one of them!
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by oshe111(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2018
optional1:

Alwayz different
dnt gt U
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by vivalavida(m): 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2018
CzarChris:
Well, our case is almost the same, I was born a catholic converted into pentcostalism as a child when my parents left the catholic church. I even left the Christianity entirely at a certain point because religion became a complete bore to me. To cut the long story short, I fell helplessly in love with the most wonderful girl I have ever met in all my years. She is a catholic (hardcore) the only thing that stood as a stumbling block for me marrying her was the same thing I ran away from (religion). I have agreed to convert into a catholic to marry her(people who know me are still amazed at my decision) why because she is worth every bit of it. Hell will go cold if religion would be what would stop me from marrying her.
I shifted grounds because she was worth it to me. The question here is this, is he worth it? So you won't wake up tomorrow with a serious case of had I known. Think well and stand by what you have decided.

Note: Me converting is just to consecrate the marriage in the catholic church, after that, to your tents o Isreal. But anything can still happen down the line, since I practically don't even have a church in the first place.

So when is the date Dodo?
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:07pm On Jan 02, 2018
I have all the rights to give her advise, she's my wife-Jesus said: I am head of the wife and Christ is head over me..
miketayo:

I don't think u r in a position to be giving her advice, you are bias and u clearly know nothing about the Catholic church,
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by CzarChris(m): 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
vivalavida:

So when is the date Dodo?
Gerrahia mehnnn! I was expecting you to ask me to get out of my head, flex a lil bit more, but here you are asking me for date..... angry traitor angry angry how much my mumsi bribe you angry angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by brocab: 7:32pm On Jan 02, 2018
I don't disbelieve many Catholic's have found Christ-but there are those that call themselves Christians 'and are not..I am sure you know which direction the Church is heading.
tonytony208:

So, they told you that those who attend Catholics haven't find the truth in Christ? If you are not careful, this your spiritual blindness and arrogance will earn you a chief place in hell fire
Re: Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic by tonytony208(m): 7:39pm On Jan 02, 2018
brocab:
I don't disbelieve many Catholic's have found Christ-but there are those that call themselves Christians 'and are not..I am sure you know which direction the Church is heading.

And it is not limited to a particular church. It is in virtually every church

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (38) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / How Bishop Adjeman Successfully Hijacked Winners Chapel Ghana From Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.