Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

Toyota Camry 2005 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2005 (3325 Views)

My Toyota Camry 2005 Air Cond 2 Vent Blowing Chilled And Other 2 Blowing Hot / What Is The Best Rim/tyre Size For Camry 2005 / Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2005 by nonen(m): 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hello Experts.

I've been having some issues with my Camry. Firstly is fuel pump issues, but I've figured out that bad fuel in the fuel tank bought from fuel stations have been damaging my furl pump. In fact,I almost lost my car tofire last two weeks, my car caught fire when my mechanic stupidly tried testing the fuel pump by connecting wires from the battery to the fuel pump under the back seat, there was a spark and fire. Thanks to God and the prompt response from people around....

Is there anyway I can completely empty the fuel tank and get rid of all the dirts and rust?

Secondly, my car has not been steaming smoothly like before. If I engage the gear with my feet on the break pedal, the car continues to have this pressure to move, while my led is on the break. It jerks and often time go off. I had to take it to another mechanic, who cleaned the nozzles and changed the plugs, the problem still continued.

Thirdly, I observed that my engine oil has been dropping significantly. I don't like topping oil but changing it when due. Surprisingly, I was travelling to Aba when the oil indicator flashed a light. I stopped immediately and topped oil I intended using to change the oil, even when my mechanic confirmed that my oil isn't due for change. This morning, I checked the oil and topped again, I almost ran away due to the smoke that came out of the exhaust(light white smoke covered everywhere). I turned off the engine and restarted again, same thing happened. I had to manage it to worship and back.

I'm also worried if I'm using the right lubricant, with the right viscosity for the engine, because I sometimes hear some cracking sound, which I want to assume comes from the exhaust manifold or heat protector. I use Visco 2000 lubricant.

The CHECK and MAINTENANCE REQUIRED indicators are showing.

Before sending this post, I had to start the car again and I observed that some oil-like substance is shooting out from the exhaust. I'm really worried

Please I need profesional advise

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by nonen(m): 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Attached is my dashboard. I also hear something like a tapping or knocking sound, because the engine isn't steaming smoothly or the rpm is low.

Thanks

Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by inze(m): 7:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
You may have succeeded in filling up the car with more engine oil than necessary. You should have tackled the issue that warrants you to frequently top oil instead.

Nevertheless, I'll advise you first take it to your mechanic and drain the oil in it. Use the recommended oil viscosity 5w-30 about 5litres. This measure is not the total cure for your car but will make it drive-able to an auto garage with a Diagnostic scan tool because that is what you ought to have done at the first instance your car began acting up.
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
You need a new mechaninc, and a new engine (100per sure).
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by nonen(m): 11:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
Please where can I do a reliable scan in Port Harcourt and how much could that cost?
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:20am On Apr 20, 2015
nonen:
Please where can I do a reliable scan in Port Harcourt and how much could that cost?

Call +234 803 312 3865 chucks, but good work does not come cheap.
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by nonen(m): 10:41am On Apr 20, 2015
Hello Experts.
It's surely confirmed that I need a new engine. Please How much could a new engine cost? I use a V4 2005 SE Camry.

What could be the cause of the problem, so I can be more preventive henceforth.

Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by 9icetoo(m): 11:01am On Apr 20, 2015
nonen:
Hello Experts.
It's surely confirmed that I need a new engine. Please How much could a new engine cost? I use a V4 2005 SE Camry.

Thanks
Your engine is the 2azfe. There are slight differences in engines produced between 2002 and 2006. The differences mainly have to do with the sensors attached to them and not anything mechanical. So when buying, make sure you buy an engine with sensors that will communicate properly with your ecu. The price is between 250k and 350k depending on where you are buying from and the condition of the tokunbo engine. Make sure you use a better mechanic to do the installation this time around. I can scan the car for you as well for free.
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:11am On Apr 22, 2015
nonen:
Hello Experts.

Thanks

What's wrong with the old one? It can be fixed, give me a call.
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by fidelio2002: 5:52am On Apr 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

@ Gazzuzz pls I need ur phone number so I can call u. Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:39am On Apr 22, 2015
fidelio2002:

@ Gazzuzz pls I need ur phone number so I can call u. Thanks

Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by nonen(m): 8:55am On Apr 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Hello GAZZUZZ, you stated here that I need a new mechanic and a new engine, and you're asking down the thread what happened to the old one, and that it can be fixed.

I don't get your drive, please shed more light. I already explained what happened to the Car in my introduction.

Regards
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:47am On Apr 22, 2015
nonen:

Hello GAZZUZZ, you stated here that I need a new mechanic and a new engine, and you're asking down the thread what happened to the old one, and that it can be fixed.

I don't get your drive, please shed more light. I already explained what happened to the Car in my introduction.

Regards

Thread was derailed hence the confusion.

Every engine can be fixed, what matters is the cost implication(parts/labour) vs the price of a tokumbor engine.

Go for an engine assessment from the initial number I gave you.
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by chucky234(m): 4:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

You are 100 percent sure he needs new engine....
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by chucky234(m): 4:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

......and here you think the engine can be fixed, hmmm am I missing something here.
Re: Toyota Camry 2005 by stylsenxuacon19: 4:11pm On Jun 14, 2023
Are you looking for a reliable car in Lagos? The 2005 Toyota Camry could be the perfect fit for you. The Camry also offers great value for money, making it a great choice for those on a budget.

For starters, the 2005 Toyota Camry has a strong engine. This engine is capable of providing plenty of power and acceleration, making it a great option for those who need to get around quickly.

In terms of safety, the 2005 Toyota Camry is one of the most reliable cars in Lagos. The Camry also has a five-star crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which makes it one of the safest cars on the road.

This engine is capable of providing plenty of power and acceleration, making it a great option for those who need to get around quickly.

In terms of safety, the 2005 Toyota Camry is one of the most reliable cars in Lagos. The Camry also has a five-star crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which makes it one of the safest cars on the road. It comes with a range of standard amenities, including air conditioning, power windows and locks, and a CD changer. The Camry also comes with a range of optional features, including a sunroof, leather upholstery, and satellite radio. It offers plenty of features, performance, and safety, making it a great choice for those on a budget.

It comes with a range of standard amenities, including air conditioning, power windows and locks, and a CD changer. The Camry also comes with a range of optional features, including a sunroof, leather upholstery, and satellite radio. It offers plenty of features, performance, and safety, making it a great choice for those on a budget.

Overall, the 2005 Toyota Camry is a great choice for those looking for a reliable car in Lagos. To read more about the 2005 Toyota Camry, check out this article: reviewersparadise_great-site_net/2023/06/12/2005-toyota-camry-review-finding-reliable-cars-in-lagos/..

To read more about the 2005 Toyota Camry, check out this article: reviewersparadise_great-site_net/2023/06/12/2005-toyota-camry-review-finding-reliable-cars-in-lagos/..

(1) (Reply)

Diary of a first time car owner / Impact Of Cbn's Cashless Economy On Auto Transactions in Nigeria. Postive Or Negative? / How Does One Make A Correction To His/her Driver's License?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.