Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,026 members, 7,803,456 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 PM

Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order (2135 Views)

Let' Bring Your DEAD, Epileptic Or Problematic Car Back To Life (car Hospital) / Please Tell Me About This Car / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is a 2005 ford focus.
the engine has been replaced with a Toyota Camry engine.
it was originally an automatic transmission but its a manual now.
the gear selection is not perfect..
the engine shakes while moving
the ac isn't working
the instrument cluster has been replaced wit a 99 Camry cluster ( reason is wat I don't know)

I want to buy d car because it's a beautiful car but I'd like to know is there's anyone here who can fix it perfectly.

NB: will it work well wit d Toyota engine or a replacement will be needed.

how much will it cost to put it back to order so I can know what to offer d seller.

thanks in advance

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nigerian mechanics destroying cars since donkey was a boy.

Poor Ford Focus! sad

5 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by DGD1(m): 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
RUN!
RUN!!
RUN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:
This is a 2005 ford focus.
the engine has been replaced with a Toyota Camry engine.
it was originally an automatic transmission but its a manual now.
the gear selection is not perfect..
the engine shakes while moving
the ac isn't working
the instrument cluster has been replaced wit a 99 Camry cluster ( reason is wat I don't know)

I want to buy d car because it's a beautiful car but I'd like to know is there's anyone here who can fix it perfectly.

NB: will it work well wit d Toyota engine or a replacement will be needed.

how much will it cost to put it back to order so I can know what to offer d seller.

thanks in advance

Trouble dey sleep yanga wan wake am.
Nabasket you wan design with your salary/wage? undecided

If I slaaap you heavy soldierman kind of slap eh you go sharply forget that kind motor angry

3 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by godsamist: 8:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nigerians mechanics are trying,me no lie.
To have replace the engine with a different one,from automatic to manual makes a lot difference.
Now under this process,they would have miss the alighment bw the engine and gearbox mounting becos,of viberation and difficulty encounted during gear operation ..can they realigh the mentioned areas.
If not,kindly look for the right model engine n gearbox if you really like comfort.
Because with a viberation engine,how long will the front drive last.?
Better stil..drop the engine and gearbox, couple it on the ground surface for testing, if its ok, then they should check where needs adjustment bw gearbox n engine seating and then aligh it.

1 Like

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mr Boom, if I were you, I would leave this car alone. Walk away, there are other better Ford Focus' to spúnk your money on.

I have NO idea why the original Ford Zetec 16V engine was removed, in favour of a rough Toyota Camry engine and transmission. To be honest, this car is probably too far gone to rescue. It can be done, but it would cost in excess of what a decent Ford Focus is worth. It would help if you could post some engine bay and dash shots.

Why was the original Zetec engine removed? They don't go bad that often, to the point of going this drastic conversion route.

What year Toyota Camry engine was used?

Did the manual transmission come from the same donor car?

The aircon won't be working, because the Ford system is tied in with the original engine ECU, and runs mostly on CAN-bus, the older Camry will be running on K-line. The Ford instrument cluster will also NOT communicate with the Toyota outputs and ECU (assuming there is one, and this car is not running a carburettor, as opposed to Electronic Fuel Injection).

The ABS will not be working either, as it relies on pulses from the Ford driveshaft rotors and gearbox output sensors (which are now missing). It also needs outputs from the Ford ECU, which is now...

...Where is the original Ford Focus ECU? angry

Please post detailed pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Instrument cluster

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
The picture of the instrument cluster posted is anything but clear.
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Engine

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mr sienna. U are simply wonderful. I salute u sir.
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
I will get a more clearer Pic tomorrow. Just so u know, d speedometer now works as d rpm . Lol
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
OMG!! shocked

Are you aware of why the Ford Zetec engine was junked in favour of the Toyota motor?
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Siena:
Mr Boom, if I were you, I would leave this car alone. Walk away, there are other better Ford Focus' to spúnk your money on.

I have NO idea why the original Ford Zetec 16V engine was removed, in favour of a rough Toyota Camry engine and transmission. To be honest, this car is probably too far gone to rescue. It can be done, but it would cost in excess of what a decent Ford Focus is worth. It would help if you could post some engine bay and dash shots.

Why was the original Zetec engine removed? They don't go bad that often, to the point of going this drastic conversion route.

The aircon won't be working, because the Ford system is tied in with the original engine ECU, and runs mostly on CAN-bus, the older Camry will be running on K-line. The Ford instrument cluster will also NOT communicate with the Toyota outputs and ECU (assuming there is one, and this car is not running a carburettor, as opposed to Electronic Fuel Injection).

The ABS will not be working either, as it relies on pulses from the Ford driveshaft rotors and gearbox output sensors (which are now missing). It also needs outputs from the Ford ECU, which is now...

99 camry engine was used.
The manual gear if from d Toyota Camry engine
I don't know where the original ecu. Is. I'm sure D mechanic dat did d job stole it
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Siena:

99 camry engine was used.
The manual gear is from d Toyota Camry engine
I don't know where the original ecu Is. I'm sure D mechanic dat did d job stole it
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:
I will get a more clearer Pic tomorrow. Just so u know, d speedometer now works as d rpm . Lol

In a country where mechanics view the world upside down, a speedometer functioning as a tachometer is perfectly normal.

Honestly bro, the reasons to walk away from this ruin far outweigh any reasons to buy it. Walk away, and keep your sanity. Buy it, and your wife and close friends would gape at you, as you pull your hair out in frustration, be resigned to your new look when 3 months into ownership, what's left of your hair will be snow white.

And your doctor will rub his hands together when he see's you staggering to his surgery for yet another course of beta blockers to calm your jangling nerves, which will have your hands twitching, while your children (if you have any) will cower in alarm at the nervous twitch that would have developed at the side of your mouth.

1 Like

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
the owner fried d original zetec engine (overheating)
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:
the owner fried d original zetec engine (overheating)

It would have been better if he'd sourced the correct engine as a replacement.
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Siena:

In a country where mechanics view the world upside down, a speedometer functioning as a tachometer is perfectly normal.

Honestly bro, the reasons to walk away from this ruin far outweigh any reasons to buy it. Walk away, and keep your sanity. Buy it, and your wife and close friends would gape at you, as you pull your hair out in frustration, be resigned to your new look when 3 months into ownership, what's left of your hair will be snow white.

And your doctor will rub his hands together when he see's you staggering to his surgery for yet another course of beta blockers to calm your jangling nerves, which will have your hands twitching, while your children (if you have any) will cower in alarm at the nervous twitch that would have developed at the side of your mouth.

ahahahahahahahahahahha...Lol. my daughter ain't gonna forgive me for buying dis ride if she gets to read ur comments
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
will it work fine if I get d original zetec engine?
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:

Lomomike the slap never register.

3 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:

In theory, yes.

In actual practice, it won't be that straight forward. There have been so many adaptations made to get the Toyota engine and gearbox into the Ford chassis, the mechanic who carried out the work probably won't remember.

Take it from me guy, this car isn't worth considering.

2 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
thanks for everything Mr Siena. I'm not interested in d car anymore. all thanks to u sir. God bless you sir.
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:
thanks for everything Mr Siena. I'm not interested in d car anymore. all thanks to u sir. God bless you sir.

No worries bro. Best of luck in your search, I know you'll find a much better example.
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Lomomike the slap never register.

Lil. overriding slap for agbalagba
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
Siena:

It would have been better if he'd sourced the correct engine as a replacement.

And who knows maybe a new head would have been all that is needed.

9ja mekos I throway salute for all una.
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
lomomike:

Trouble dey sleep yanga wan wake am.
Nabasket you wan design with your salary/wage? undecided

If I slaaap you heavy soldierman kind of slap eh you go sharply forget that kind motor angry

Oga limo mike na kill you wan kill pesin with laff?

I heard another one from a mopol to some guy on the street, "if I tear you slap for face ehn, you no go hear till after next election" grin

1 Like

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by proo212(m): 10:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
This guy dodged a bullet.... cool

3 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by DGD1(m): 10:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
BoomBoom101:

mr,
you can still get the Ford focus, check car dealers around or cotonu, u seem to have the will power (cash and passion) take your time you will get clean one with original specs.

1 Like

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 19, 2015
CityNG:

Oga limo mike na kill you wan kill pesin with laff?

I heard another one from a mopol to some guy on the street, "if I tear you slap for face ehn, you no go hear till after next election" grin

I no fit slap person o, and I no pray to chop slap o, I recall when one okada man chop slap from non warrant soldier chai, na instant tears comot from the okada man eyes. It wasn't funny.

2 Likes

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
DGD1:

mr,
you can still get the Ford focus, check car dealers around or cotonu, u seem to have the will power (cash and passion) take your time you will get clean one with original specs.

Parts for ford focus are very scarce in the nigerian market please avoid the vehicle for now.

1 Like

Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
thanks to y'all. Nairaland rocks
Re: Almighty Engineers Needed To Put This Car Back To Order by Shagati(m): 12:19am On Apr 20, 2015
Funnniest thread in a long time.

Salary basket, army slap. Damn!

grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customs Papers Confirmation Online- Help Please / Private Car Hire License For Sale / Lexus Es350 2009 Or Honda Crosstour 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.