Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,339 members, 7,808,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:35 AM

South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia (26774 Views)

7 Questions As Rohr Releases List For Senegal, Burkina Faso Friendlies / Top Stars May Opt Out Of Eagles Friendlies To Play For Yobo / NFF To Organise Three Matches For The Super Eagles In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
We don't Gad
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by daveP(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
pretydiva:
And how will dis solve d issue on ground undecided

Friendly match kor enemy match ni...mcteww
lol@enemy match

surprising none of our artistes that love shooting video there havent tweeted a word about it.

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by martineverest(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dey re lukin for a way to invite forinas so dat dey can kill dem abi?
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by faithforbetter: 9:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
People that are involved should be brought to book first
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by lusciouslex: 9:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
Oh! Boy, am I the only one in here who is tired of DSTV's reap-off and feels like hauling missiles @ their various offices? I got a 'hell-yeah', can I get another?

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Accept it, but the moment there players are within d walls of any stadium... lock the gate and give them d beating of der lives.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by cardoso111(m): 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bunch of fools!they should play those matches with tbeir kings!

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Princehojay(m): 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
What about their swine King ? ? ? Are they going 2 jail him before the players arrive in SA ? ? ? grin

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by PhysicsQED(m): 9:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
If these matches happen and the South Africans lose both of them badly, that might even make things worse.

Pretty much no point to this.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by OROSUNBOLB(m): 9:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Friendly match my foot! Why not African cup of nation? Mr 'SAFA' your government must punish everyone of those animals that is involved in that heinous crime against humanity-they must be killed too! The families of those 'foreigners', who lost their lives must be adequately compensated and those who lost valuable items must be compensated also. Anything short of this,you are on your own!

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by propzncribz: 9:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Okay but the people who were seen murdering a man on video must be caught and prosecuted. They can not go free even is the violence stops.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by anigold(m): 9:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
FKO1:
SAFA CEO, Dennis SAFA CEO, Dennis Mumble, says they want use football to unite the people by organising two high-profile friendlies against our neighbouring countries.

“We want to use the two high-profile international friendly matches as an instrument to unite this continent. What has been happening in the past few days have really left most people in a shock and dismayed,” Mumble said in a statement released by SAFA.

“We have decided to take this step (of playing two high-profile international friendly matches) as part of the fight against xenophobia. Madiba spoke of the power of sport in uniting people from different walks of life and we want to use the power of football to unite this continent and kick out this scourge within certain malcontents in our society."

Mumble feels that the recent violence has dented the image of the country.

“Most sporting personalities have had their say in denouncing these barbaric acts but we want to go a step further by playing friendly matches against neighbouring countries. We want to send out a message to those perpetrating these acts to sit back and realise what they are doing is wrong.

“We are one continent, one Africa, we are all Africans and we say no to xenophobia.”

Details for the two international friendlies will be by SAFA in the next few days.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/bafana/safa-to-organise-two-high-profile-friendlies/207258

.. Lalasticlala

This is surprisingly ridiculously embarrassingly..

seriously these people have no atom of sense, what has xeno-silly attack got to do with football friendlies.

instead bringing order to the country, to curtail the violence they are talking of football matches....

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
So dis is d best they could xome up with ? Football match to solve probs? Smh

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Gbengard(m): 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dennis Mugu or whatever is your name, you're high on Afghanistan weed! Friendly match kor enemy match ni.... Sango lo ma pa yin ni oruko Jesu! NFF I no say u na b slowpoke if u na like accept. Zulu need u na blood

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by greatsodade(m): 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
natureblack:
The discriminatory attitudes learned during the Apartheid have not yet left South-Africans.

By the way,there is this culture of impunity that makes them feel that there would be no negative consequences for them.

Nonsense. angry angry

You are very correct bro...because I see no reason y the government of South Africa is making mire noise about stopping it when the people perpetuating this devilish act go about normally like nothing dey happen.
This one case is even worse than boko haram sef, because nobody dey see boko haram until they have done their harm...but this Xenophobia people go about destroying and killing humans like them and people gather to watch it happen and in some cases hailing them while they do this...Whatever could have led them to this no matter what It is , is not just the solution. It is like turning the human being in them upside down... And to those SAFA people it seems they are still thinking like their Xenophobia people...this is no cure at all.their government should do something more drastic about this barbaric act of their people.that will do not a football match.

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by greatsodade(m): 9:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbengard:
Dennis Mugu or whatever is your name, you're high on Afghanistan weed! Friendly match kor enemy match ni.... Sango lo ma pa yin ni oruko Jesu! NFF I no say u na b slowpoke if u na like accept. Zulu need u na blood

LMAO...If I hear say NFF accept ehn, na their chairman go keep that day so them go quick catch am for goal post...

Slowpoke NFF u have been warned before them invite u to come play match oooo.

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Chstel(m): 9:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
check how they react when you have something doing in their country. talk of when you score them like 5 - 0 for there land na wahala be that oh.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by calabaman(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
What is the meaning of shoroniyen
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Gbengard(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
greatsodade:

LMAO...If I hear say NFF accept ehn, na their chairman go keep that day so them go quick catch am for goal post...

Slowpoke NFF u have been warned before them invite u to come play match oooo.

I trust our players ooo they aint loyal at all especially MIKEL, na to cooperate with Chelsea staff say e get injury for brain!
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by kingikey01(m): 9:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
we shuld hlp SA to organise d match In borno near chibok king zulu 11 vs bafana bafana..only SA fans re invited
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by natureblack(m): 9:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
greatsodade:

You are very correct bro...because I see no reason y the government of South Africa is making mire noise about stopping it when the people perpetuating this devilish act go about normally like nothing dey happen.
This one case is even worse than boko haram sef, because nobody dey see boko haram until they have done their harm...but this Xenophobia people go about destroying and killing humans like them and people gather to watch it happen and in some cases hailing them while they do this...Whatever could have led them to this no matter what It is , is not just the solution. It is like turning the human being in them upside down... And to those SAFA people it seems they are still thinking like their Xenophobia people...this is no cure at all.their government should do something more drastic about this barbaric act of their people.that will do not a football match.
Objectively,there is/was no political willingness to curb the xenophobic stance in South-Africa by her government.This same loathsome incident happened in 2008.What was done ?.......nothing.

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by danie09(m): 9:59pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mugabe have said it all

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by theocliff: 10:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Thank GOD am not the President off Nigeria, whahala for don dey by now cause na war I go declear againt that stupid country called South Africa.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Deejaygold(m): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
emirp:
If Nigeria accepts their offer for the friendly then I know we were meant to be fools.

cheesy
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Parolee: 10:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
I see.

From the comments made by most of you here....I am only left with one thing to do, shake my head at how Nigerians think and approach things.

Your cockiness and aloof view of yourselves is your lot most serious problem. That's what you even practice and do when even living in other people's countries.

In my other postings I was sympathetic to affected Nigerians....but after reading most of your comments under this thread no normal person can stomach your cockiness and aloof view of yourselves.

SAns are doing right by claiming back Hillbrow, Sunnyside, Point Road etc from the hands of the feared Nigerian drug lords and criminals who have turned these areas no go zones for SAns even in their own country. Nonsense. Unacceptable. Your cockiness and false sense of self worthiness as a people is annoying.

For instance....someone will travel all the way from Cross Rivers to here only to cut people's hair for R 30.00 each. Why don't you cut people's hair in Cross Rivers? Don't people have hair over there?

Nonsense. Your cockiness and aloofness have removed all my sympathy. Nonsense. I'm SAn by the way.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by naijafresh: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ha they want to put you all in one stadium so the Zulu boys can descend on you..
I wouldn't go if I were you
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by SirBlack999(m): 10:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
FKO1:
SAFA CEO, Dennis SAFA CEO, Dennis Mumble, says they want use football to unite the people by organising two high-profile friendlies against our neighbouring countries.

“We want to use the two high-profile international friendly matches as an instrument to unite this continent. What has been happening in the past few days have really left most people in a shock and dismayed,” Mumble said in a statement released by SAFA.

“We have decided to take this step (of playing two high-profile international friendly matches) as part of the fight against xenophobia. Madiba spoke of the power of sport in uniting people from different walks of life and we want to use the power of football to unite this continent and kick out this scourge within certain malcontents in our society."

Mumble feels that the recent violence has dented the image of the country.

“Most sporting personalities have had their say in denouncing these barbaric acts but we want to go a step further by playing friendly matches against neighbouring countries. We want to send out a message to those perpetrating these acts to sit back and realise what they are doing is wrong.

“We are one continent, one Africa, we are all Africans and we say no to xenophobia.”

Details for the two international friendlies will be by SAFA in the next few days.

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/bafana/safa-to-organise-two-high-profile-friendlies/207258

.. Lalasticlala
After they don finish killing their fellow africans,they wan come do friendly.Infact thunder fire their ugly As*es.M'O'TH''ER'''FU'K'ERS!

1 Like

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by naijafresh: 10:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
Parolee:
I see.

From the comments made by most of you here....I am only left with one thing to do, shake my head at how Nigerians think and approach things.

Your cockiness and aloof view of yourselves is your lot most serious problem. That's what you even practice and do when even living in other people's countries.

In my other postings I was sympathetic to affected Nigerians....but after reading most of your comments under this thread no normal person can stomach your cockiness and aloof view of yourselves.

SAns are doing right by claiming back Hillbrow, Sunnyside, Point Road etc from the hands of the feared Nigerian drug lords and criminals who have turned these areas no go zones for SAns even in their own country. Nonsense. Unacceptable. Your cockiness and false sense of self worthiness as a people is annoying.

For instance....someone will travel all the way from Cross Rivers to here only to cut people's hair for R 30.00 each. Why don't you cut people's hair in Cross Rivers? Don't people have hair over there?

Nonsense. Your cockiness and aloofness have removed all my sympathy. Nonsense. I'm SAn by the way.

By your comments we could see you're South African, all the South African media outlets and social media comments support murder of innocent like you are in this post, you give some lame excuse about someone cutting hair etc so tell me why did MTN come to Nigeria? Do the South African people not have money, ears and hands to use mobile phone in their country?

The world is a global village, so deal with it.

If you can't see the gravity of the situation and the fact that many Africans not just Nigerians are angry then you don't have a conscience and you're no better than those street hoodlums that have been killing people in the streets

The rest of the Nigerians on this forum are coming for you and they won't be so kind or reserved

2 Likes

Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by addey(m): 10:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
https://fbstatic-a.akamaihd.net/rsrc.php/v2/y4/r/-PAXP-deijE.gif

What will SA Gov. do about innocent lives that have been lost like this one.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by Parolee: 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
naijafresh:

By your comments we could see you're South African, all the South African media outlets and social media comments support murder of innocent like you are in this post, you give some lame excuse about someone cutting hair etc so tell me why did MTN come to Nigeria? Do the South African people not have money, ears and hands to use mobile phone in their country?

The world is a global village, so deal with it.

The rest of the Nigerians on this forum are coming for you and they won't be so kind or reserved

Let them come I don't care.

MTN didn't go to Nigeria to cut people's hair. Deal with that. Flying 8hrs coming here to cut people's hair. Nonsense. Do that at Akwa Ibom surely people do have hair over there.

I repeat....you display some stinking attitude in even in foreign countries where you migrate to...that's your main problem.

If you are so good as a people...remain therefore within your borders.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by xreal: 10:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
Noooo!
Justice first.
Justice must prevail.

We see South Africans burn and stab foreigners to death in day light. None has been brought to book, there was even a picture where a police officer was laughing while a foreigner was being burnt to death.

Justice first, then let the affected countries host whatever sporting activity organised.

Shame on the Zulu king.
Shame on the Zulus.
Shame on South African government.
Shame on South African justice.
Shame on South African police.
Shame on South Africa.
Re: South Africa To Organise Two Friendlies To Fight Xenophobia by rikamann: 10:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
natureblack:
Objectively,there is/was no political willingness to curb the xenophobic stance in South-Africa by her government.This same loathsome incident happened in 2008.What was done ?.......nothing.

The South Africans are not serious. Personally, I am protesting these killings, looting of shops and destruction of properties by dropping the use of my two MTN lines till further notice. Will also try to reduce calls to MTN lines.
I AM VERY ANGRY because it could happen to any of us, we could be holidaying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mohamed Salah Wins 'African Player Of Year' At CAF Awards (See Full List) / UCL: Why We Eliminated Bayern Munich – Villarreal Coach, Unai Emery / Dangote To Buy Another Club If Kroenke Doesn’t Sell Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.