Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,952 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs (37928 Views)

"N1Bn Worth Of HIV Drugs Expired In Storage" - Health Minister / When Last You Check Your HIV Status? / Help! My Aunty Is Hiding Her HIV Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by onosprince(m): 10:56am On Apr 20, 2015
The kind demon way go torment the woman when she go hell eh, She go know say AC no be fan.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2015
It is unethical to disclose someone's HIV status to another without the consent of the victim. It doesnt matter if the person in question is a husband, a wife, a mother, a father or sibling. That Doctor needs to be issued a query.

As for the woman, it is high level of selfishness to not disclose your HIV to your lover and to get married to him and infect him is man-slaughter.

As for the husband, he is just one of the many victims. Take heart, you are positive already.

5 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by obstead200(m): 10:58am On Apr 20, 2015
caveat emptor.
dont believe everything u read on nairaland
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by eyeon(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Read my signature...

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Texcoco(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Like Joke like joke the man don turn HIV too....
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Israel5(m): 11:00am On Apr 20, 2015
Yea right! Wikidnez
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Chris95(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2015
Dats wicked and selfish!! Human beings neva cease 2 amaze me.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by teemy(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2015
While HIV has no cure it can yet be managed with proper medication. Under the craze of i-must-marrry-him she must have by now infected him and yet was not kind enough to let him take steps to save his life. More like a black widow to me.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Lilboots(m): 11:04am On Apr 20, 2015
...And you knowhow many women the man don hammer for outside without condom in the course of this five years thinking say he is HIV negative. And asuming say some of this women get bobo plus husbands...and it took this bobos and husbands another five years to know their status. Meanwhile ...themselves don hammer outside too without condom....and those women wey dem hammer for outside all these five years get bobo and husbands........ AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by boxypane(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2015
The Doctor didn't do anything wrong. D woman f up sha. Wat was her intentions? To put d blame on d husband in d later future dat he infected her? I don't blame d man 4 walking out on her either! She killed him alive!!!
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by adozie(m): 11:05am On Apr 20, 2015
[quote author=fsb post=32907824]This happens more often than not.

When dealing with hiv patients, I think one of the more important questions is whether or not they have disclosed their status to anyone else as part of counseling.

If the client says, I have not told my spouse then the health care worker is not in a position to disclose the information except with the approval of the client.

Actually what you said is absolutely wrong. Unlike other diseases, you as the healthcare worker is required to carry out HIV-surveillance, which empowers you to ensure that your patient discloses her status to all their sex partners. Both you and your patient can become liable if another person gets infected because of non disclosure. This is a basic healthcare and epidemiology concept that is taught to all health care workers who take care of HIV patients. Non disclosure is EVIL

6 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by M4gunners: 11:06am On Apr 20, 2015
ROCKHARDDK:
That's their cup of milo, milolo........Abeg me I need MTN card for personal use so very urgently, any Good hearted person can help me out with it......... I'm so broke like broken bottle.... 08167310666
U no dey shame? Ur mate's are breaking their MTN sim card, you are here begin recharge card for MTN. Anyway if it was GLO you are asking for, i would've help you out.

3 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by aggiel: 11:06am On Apr 20, 2015
Marriage based on deciet, the marriage never existed, it's null and void. Even if the man happen to have contacted the disease, that woman is not his wife, even the Pope would grant him divorce.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by omotizi: 11:07am On Apr 20, 2015
Well to me the moral justification for this is that it's morally wrong and secondly the woman ought to be sued to courts for impersonating the husband consent
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by darepoju(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2015
pwerrymansion:
That lady is wicked! What a monsterous behaviour! For five years?? Haba! shocked
not her fault... she loves him so much that she fear she will loss him
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by otemanuduno: 11:09am On Apr 20, 2015
Dem no do test before marriage?
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Arysexy(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2015
HIV Status test is a pre-requisite to church marriage in most churches especially Catholic church, How did they get married without going tru such tests?
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by kendrick9(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:
I have had similar experience. The wife hid her HIV positive status from the husband till her death, and we as doctors learnt that at the point of her death. She still insisted no one should tell him. She died few hours after.

As a doctor, you should always ask an HIV positive person the people she has confided in regarding her status, and whom she would want you to disclose to. Whenever possible, this should be in writing.

No doctor has a right or duty to divulge any patient's information to another person, no matter how "close", even when the patient is dead. Unless in a case where non-disclosure of such information poses danger to the community...eg Ebola, lassa fever, etc.

The modern physician's Oath is there in my display pic
And Aids isn't a danger to her husband,family etc ? thats nonsense..

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 20, 2015
That is reaaaaaaaaly bad.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Mitsurugi(m): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2015
[quote author=adozie post=32914369][/quote]

Thank you. We are also missing the point that the man asked why his wife was receiving a particular treatment, it is probable he was paying for. Is it also unethical to disclose from a man what he is paying for? That should be the doctor's defense in case of a disciplinary hearing... the husband demanded to know what treatment he was paying for! But in case like this, isn't HIV is serious enough to breach patient/ doctor confidentiality given its high life-threatening status. I advocate that a law be passed which makes it mandatory for disclosure to spouses in case of HIV, Ebola and other life threatening diseases to override doctor/ patient confidentiality. Most spouses tend to hide under that policy to breed disaster! angry

4 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by pwerrymansion(f): 11:19am On Apr 20, 2015
darepoju:
not her fault... she loves him so much that she fear she will loss him
do you know what true love is and stand for? That's not love, that's selfishness in the highest order.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Mmayor(m): 11:20am On Apr 20, 2015
1stola:

Are you okay?
Ask yourself first ; If your wife is HIV positive, is she supposed to tell you?
Use your brain.

in the world you live, she is not?? I tire for you o
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 20, 2015
Isn't it strange the way opinions are divided between superficial peeps who can only say "the woman is wuuuuked" and those other peeps who are approaching this from a more informed medical perspective undecided
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Missmossy(f): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2015
Jeez! Thats terrible. How could she hide such? I wonder how they coped with sex and sharing things. The woman didn't try one bit.

But wait?
Before the wedding didn't they do all the tests and all?
Some women though!

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 50calibre(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2015
MadCow1:

The Doctor would lose his license if the woman sues him..

A patients case file and condition is subject to Doctor patient confidentiality clause.

It's not the doctors place to inform her husband.

Shut up!! Stop talking nonsense. Doctor-patient confidentiality is not absolute, there are exceptions, one of which is; if the patient in question is a potential risk to others. E.g Ebola cases.

Besides it is assumed that married couples are privy to each other's medical situations, and in cases like this where a spouse isn't, the doctor is obliged to inform, Failure to do so could constitute a medical malpractice and may even lead to criminal prosecution.

6 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Bowaley17(m): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2015
That's bad...
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by fpeter(f): 11:21am On Apr 20, 2015
God!!! I hope the man was not infected cry
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2015
I blame many guys who doesn't care about hospital. ..........

It happened to a guy in my street. ......This guy got married with two kids and unfortunately his wife died. ...and after two years he planned to marry another wife. ....

The girl is HIV positive but she hide it from him and they were eating the forbidden fruit for so long without condom. .....

Later when they are about to get married the guy went to hospital for test with her and they found out that she was HIV postive. ...and the guy was NEGATIVE , glory be to God.

After one week we heard that she is dead and wessuspect that she was the one that kill herself
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 20, 2015

It happened to a guy in my street. ......This guy got married with two kids and unfortunately his wife died. ...and after two years he planned to marry another wife. ....

The girl is HIV positive but she hide it from him and they were eating the forbidden fruit for so long without condom. .....

Later when they are about to get married the guy went to hospital for test with her and they found out that she was HIV postive. ...and the guy was NEGATIVE , glory be to God.

After one week we heard that she is dead and we suspect that she was the one that kill herself

and till now the still free since 2010
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by slymichael(m): 11:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Hw come d man is not dead til now? Cuz HIV does not last up to dat period. D husband would have bn dead by now. I don't believe dis story. Pls re-frame ur story.

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:26am On Apr 20, 2015

After one week we heard that she is dead and we suspect that she was the one that kill herself

and till now the guy still free since 2010
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by jiggalo(m): 11:26am On Apr 20, 2015
1stola:

Are you okay?
Ask yourself first ; If your wife is HIV positive, is she supposed to tell you?
Use your brain.
according to Nigeria penal code, if a wife or husband did not tell each other their statues before marrige: it attract 15year, in jail.
Also if a man is impotent or a lady removed her womb before marriage, without tell each other about their health problem; it also attract 15years in jail too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria / 10 List Of STD's And Symptoms We May Or May Not Know / Why You Should Pay Attention To Your Urine Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.