Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs (37937 Views)

"N1Bn Worth Of HIV Drugs Expired In Storage" - Health Minister / When Last You Check Your HIV Status? / Help! My Aunty Is Hiding Her HIV Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 20, 2015
mhizpeaarl:
Heartless woman. Smh

Final answer

The man has been infected..
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by slymichael(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2015
Hw come d man is not dead til now? Cuz HIV does not last up to dat period. D husband would have bn dead by now. I don't believe dis story. Pls re-frame ur story. sad
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Emaprince: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2015
fpeter:
God!!! I hope the man was not infected cry
how can he not be infected after having kids with her?
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by pwerrymansion(f): 11:30am On Apr 20, 2015
Billyonaire:
It is unethical to disclose someone's HIV status to another without the consent of the victim. It doesnt matter if the person in question is a husband, a wife, a mother, a father or sibling. That Doctor needs to be issued a query.

As for the woman, it is high level of selfishness to not disclose your HIV to your lover and to get married to him and infect him is man-slaughter.

As for the husband, he is just one of the many victims. Take heart, you are positive already.
. It is so wicked and uunthinkable to expose your spouse t such Vulnerability whilst you treat yourself. She was probably waiting n him to die of full blown AIDS! That's pathetic n selfish....chai
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2015
This story doesn't look real to me, HIV takes about 3months to start showing up. The man for don die since na.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Mikwus(f): 11:32am On Apr 20, 2015
gommex:
can u get married to ur wife without knowing her status

Gbam!!!!!!!!!! You nailed it.

I was expecting the op to ask this question.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 20, 2015
david2:
This story doesn't look real to me, HIV takes about 3months to start showing up. The man for don die since na.
anything can happen. ...maybe it's true because something like that happened to my area too check my post up
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by sweetgala(m): 11:34am On Apr 20, 2015
bolliejay:
A colleague's brother is a doctor with like two years experience, in one of the General hospitals. He helped deliver a woman who already has two children.

During the post-delivery treatment, the curious husband asked why his wife required such. The doctor told the hubby that the woman needed all that treatment since she is HIV positive.

The husband was shocked as he didn't know her status.In fact she has been HIV since before they got married.

The man left and never returned. The doctor defended his actions as he claimed her file clearly states she has HIV before marriage, which is over 5years now, so he thought the hubby knew her status.

The question is, was it ethical to have disclosed the woman's status to her husband, and if no, what are the likely consquences of his action

It is illegal to not disclose the knowledge of sexually transmitted disease, She has caused severe dodily harm.

I think for anyone in a serious relationship involving sex to carry out health checks, and use protection. For anyone in a legally binding partnership disclosure is possible
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by dvee2: 11:34am On Apr 20, 2015
How come the man is not infected in 5 years? If he was, he should know
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by fpeter(f): 11:35am On Apr 20, 2015
Emaprince:
how can he not be infected after having kids with her?

Some people with high immune system actually escape it and you know fate may have worked in his favour.

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by sokera: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2015
Well I blame the man , why on earth would anyone marry without knowing you partner health status , even as a dating relationship it's important to know each other health status , use same hospital and do medical check up frequently and go get your results together.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by jiggalo(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2015
aggiel:
Marriage based on deciet, the marriage never existed, it's null and void. Even if the man happen to have contacted the disease, that woman is not his wife, even the Pope would grant him divorce.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by jiggalo(m): 11:37am On Apr 20, 2015
aggiel:
Marriage based on deciet, the marriage never existed, it's null and void. Even if the man happen to have contacted the disease, that woman is not his wife, even the Pope would grant him divorce.
thanks my dear, according to Nigeria penal code, if a wife or husband did not tell each other their statues before marrige: it attract 15year, in jail.
Also if a man is impotent or a lady removed her womb before marriage, without tell each other about their health problem; it also attract 15years in jail too.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2015
fsb:
This happens more often than not.

When dealing with hiv patients, I think one of the more important questions is whether or not they have disclosed their status to anyone else as part of counseling.

If the client says, I have not told my spouse then the health care worker is not in a position to disclose the information except with the approval of the client.

rubbish.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:39am On Apr 20, 2015
Chukwugekwu:
I blame many guys who doesn't care about hospital. ..........

It happened to a guy in my street. ......This guy got married with two kids and unfortunately his wife died. ...and after two years he planned to marry another wife. ....

The girl is HIV positive but she hide it from him and they were eating the forbidden fruit for so long without condom. .....

Later when they are about to get married the guy went to hospital for test with her and they found out that she was HIV postive. ...and the guy was NEGATIVE , glory be to God.

After one week we heard that she is dead and wessuspect that she was the one that kill herself

U may be correct, I have heard of such too. The mans immune system is strong

2 Likes

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by jiggalo(m): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2015
omotizi:
Well to me the moral justification for this is that it's morally wrong and secondly the woman ought to be sued to courts for impersonating the husband consent
Thank. according to Nigeria penal code, if a wife or husband did not tell each other their statues before marrige: it attract 15year, in jail.
Also if a man is impotent or a lady removed her womb before marriage, without tell each other about their health problem; it also attract 15years in jail too.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by 9jatatafo(m): 11:41am On Apr 20, 2015
The doctor that disclosed the information or the HIV status of the wife to the husband without the woman's consent did bad and it is unethical.
On the side of trust and morals, the woman's heart is a dark deep river of secrets and she is dangerous. I do hope with the treatment she was given, the husband and 3 kids are not effected.
Nothing a woman does surprises me anymore in this life. Our father ADAM was deceived by mama EVE and ADAM lost his glory. Wise King Solomon went astray because of too many women. Samson a very powerful man was betrayed by a woman. The list is endless so are you guys wondering about the woman in question's behaviour? That is woman for you. We can do without them.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 20, 2015
david2:

U may be correct, I have heard of such too. The mans immune system is strong
yes I am telling you the truth
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by agborodun: 11:44am On Apr 20, 2015
I know of a lady who has been married for 6yrs without telling d husband her status. What a wicked world.
Up till now,d man is not aware. They never went for any test before marriage.
I am so baffled that the man isn't dead yet. I understand d lady is under close
Examination by doctors via WHO AIDS initiative.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by slimwhite(f): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2015
That is what I called wickedness in d highest......how can that woman be that secretive.....
Infact its d man's fault because he got the result of his carelessness and low reasoning
Marriage without the necessary medical checkup is too bad especially in this modern time..
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Birdmanjnr(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2015
This is why i dnt take any lady that tells lie serious. I feel naturally unsecure with them unlike the guys'.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Birdmanjnr(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2015
This is why i dnt take any lady that tells lie serious. I feel naturally insecure with them unlike the guys'.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Emaprince: 11:48am On Apr 20, 2015
fpeter:

Some people with high immune system actually escape it and you know fate may have worked his favour.
I don't understand this type of fate but I'm sure the man is already infected. Unless they never had sex (which is impossible).
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by sandrahnaub(f): 11:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Love is "BLIND"
sauceny:
I blame the man as well,for not properly knowing his spouses status.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:55am On Apr 20, 2015
She should have undergone treatment to deal with the viral load,and live healthy that way, transmission would barely be possible leaving her hubby and kids from infection.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 20, 2015
sandrahnaub:
Love is "BLIND"
I asked you a question.

1 Like

Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by ozo13(m): 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
pwerrymansion:
That lady is wicked! What a monsterous behaviour! For five years?? Haba! shocked
I have seen same before.funny enough d husband was stil negative after a long period of time.no wonder ppl say d heart of a woman is d ocean of secrets.it s wel
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Ochek: 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
bolliejay:
A colleague's brother is a doctor with like two years experience, in one of the General hospitals. He helped deliver a woman who already has two children.

During the post-delivery treatment, the curious husband asked why his wife required such. The doctor told the hubby that the woman needed all that treatment since she is HIV positive.

The husband was shocked as he didn't know her status.In fact she has been HIV since before they got married.

The man left and never returned. The doctor defended his actions as he claimed her file clearly states she has HIV before marriage, which is over 5years now, so he thought the hubby knew her status.

The question is, was it ethical to have disclosed the woman's status to her husband, and if no, what are the likely consquences of his action

Dear Nairalander, the Dr's assumptions were alright, however, ethically, he was wrong to have asked the husband without consent from the wife as she was not incapacitated not to have made her own decisions.
This is what we refer to as negligence. He is going to face a serious trouble if reported or worse sued. If sued, that's plenty of money as confidentiality is a very serious matter in medical care. Emm... His license may be suspended if the woman has very strong lawyers.
Wishing him well.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by ozo13(m): 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
pwerrymansion:
That lady is wicked! What a monsterous behaviour! For five years?? Haba! shocked
I have seen same before.funny enough d husband was stil negative after a long period of time.no wonder ppl say d heart of a woman is d ocean of secrets.it s wel
jiggalo:

Thank. according to Nigeria penal code, if a wife or husband did not tell each other their statues before marrige: it attract 15year, in jail.
shocked wow .jus knowing for d first time.mehnnnnn
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Z8(m): 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
bolliejay:

angry angry when he devils just decides he will ruin your life
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
That man should be suing his wife for GBH! There's no other name for what she's done and he should get himself tested asap too.
Re: She Hid Her Hiv Status From Her Hubby For 5yrs by peterbello(m): 12:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
omicron:
I have had similar experience. The wife hid her HIV positive status from the husband till her death, and we as doctors learnt that at the point of her death. She still insisted no one should tell him. She died few hours after.

As a doctor, you should always ask an HIV positive person the people she has confided in regarding her status, and whom she would want you to disclose to. Whenever possible, this should be in writing.

No doctor has a right or duty to divulge any patient's information to another person, no matter how "close", even when the patient is dead. Unless in a case where non-disclosure of such information poses danger to the community...eg Ebola, lassa fever, etc.

The modern physician's Oath is there in my display pic

Mr Ethical Omicron, forget that thing. It's ethical wickedness. HIV poses a danger just like Ebola and Lassa too. What if the ignorant spouse is your close relation e.g. Brother, friend etc.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 List Of STD's And Symptoms We May Or May Not Know / List Of Military Clinics And Hospitals In Nigeria / Asthmatic Lady Almost Killed In An Elevator In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.