Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,745 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m (2104 Views)

PDP Takes Over Adoke Amasiemeka Stadium Rivers State (pictures) / Jonathan’s Rally: Soldiers Occupy Rivers Amiesimaka Stadium / Amaechi Bars Jonathan From Using State's Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by realjoker(m): 12:23am On Apr 20, 2015
by Felix Oti

As my people are quick to say, what is good is good. Yes, I
do agree; and might add that what is worth doing is worth
doing well. So it was that Ibomites – as the people of Akwa
Ibom call themselves – and Nigerians marveled at the
state-of the-art stadium unveiled recently by the
government of Akwa Ibom state. The presence of the current
Ghanaian and Ivorian presidents, along with the ever-loved
Jerry Rawlings, former Ghanaian president, in the company
of President Goodluck Jonathan, added pump to the
ceremony. Indeed, it was a stadium befitting of a state
which has blazed the trail in development in modern
Nigerian governance.
Akwa Ibom state boasts a population of about 4 million
people scattered over 31 local governments, with an
estimated 1.5m people within the 14-59 labor force age
bracket. It is an agrarian state, with few solid minerals but
plenty of the Black Gold off-shore; therefore, its federal
allocation – NGN260b in 2013, an average of NGN21.6b
monthly (plus NGN1.13b IGR -2012) – topping the list of
the 36 states and the FCT. So, the state has enough money
to throw around. The state’s GDP is estimated at $13.7b
(2013), with a per capita income of $2,779 (2012);
compared to Nigeria’s GDP of $522b and per capita of $
2,800 (2012), Akwa Ibom is a state from which much is
expected. It is heartening to say that the governments have
not entirely disappointed.
Having said that, Akwa Ibom is also a state infected with the
same national plague that bedevils the Nigerian nation;
misplacement of priorities, high unemployment, and lack of
rural roads, electricity, and adequate rural health clinics are
still problems in the state. Granted, the government has
made noticeable strides in some of these areas; however,
for a state that’s internally-generated revenue (IGR)
depends on food crops, or agriculture, high priority should
be place on not only modernization of agriculture but, also,
provision of access for movement of the produce. While the
flash and dash of the state is mostly evidence in the major
cities of Uyo, Ikot Ekpene, etc. places like Nkana, Obotme
and the rest of the rural communities seem to have been
forgotten. The roads are hardly passable, the lights are
more of a twinkle, primary education facilities are far and
few between communities and the residents in these
communities are at a loss where they belong, Abia or Akwa
Ibom. So, having all these priority needs, was spending $
96m on a stadium a wise decision? My guess is that it
depends on what the state government considers important.
The sum of $96m is equivalent to about NGN16.3b, which is
a lot of money to spend on a stadium with very little benefit
to the majority of the state’s population. With this amount,
the state can provide any of the following: 4 23-km roads
which will greatly benefit rural farmers and dwellers; 31
rural clinics to provide easy access to primary healthcare
where it is needed most; 20 primary schools (by Nigerian
standard) to decongest existing schools; 2 four-year
universities, or 4 two-year polytechnics to increase
admission space for intending students; one fully-operation
hospital in each of the three senatorial zones for secondary
and tertiary healthcare services; 16 vocational training
centers for training of tomorrow’s engineers in various
fields; 31 rural recreational facilities to provide unemployed
and unemployable youths an outlet to relax and let off
frustration; or 6 strategically located food processing plants
(2 in each senatorial zone) to harvest and process the
state’s agricultural resources for both consumption and
export as a revenue earner and source of employment.
There are many more uses for NGN16.3b; however, since it
chose, instead, to build a 30,070-seat stadium, any of the
above-listed is considered an opportunity cost of building
the stadium. Now, what does Ibomites stand to benefit from
this 30,000-seat stadium?
Of course, as with everything Nigerian, the stadium is cited
at Uyo, the state capital, meaning that residents outside the
state capital wanting to participate in any function going on
in the stadium will have to fund their way to the place.
Since it is not the official home of Akwa United FC, the
Nigerian premier soccer team based in Akwa Ibom, the
prospects of a steady stream of revenue to the state, during
Premier League season, is very dim. Expectedly, the team
will on occasions, play important matches in the stadium;
thereby, attracting paying fans. Unfortunately, since
Nigerians prefer to patronize European soccer teams – for
reasons yet to be discerned – the stadium will never be of
full capacity for any of the Akwa United FC games. Now,
when one factor’s in the cost of admission to these
marches, say NGN1000-1500, affordability becomes an
issue; thereby reducing access to only those who could
afford to easily spend such amount. It is estimated that on
any given Akwa United FC match, the stadium will be a half
capacity – 15,000. For matches involving the Super Eagles,
Falcons and/or any of the junior national teams, ticket
prices will likely double that of the local team, further
restricting access for many soccer fans and reducing
government projected revenue from these matches.
Another use for the stadium are likely to be concerts by
popular national and international artists whose tickets run
into the north side of NGN5, 000 per show – affordable only
to the very rich; athletic events like track and field which
holds twice or three times in a school year and attract very
little in terms of revenue; and Holy Ghost nights, and sundry
weekend activities, by evangelical churches who attract
huge crowd to these events and are able to rent the
stadium. Unfortunately, with these kinds of clientele, the
stadium will experience exponential deterioration due to
overuse of its facilities. Businesses are less likely to avail
themselves of the stadium for their conferences and AGMs,
because the state already has a conference center and a 3-
star hotel, and these business events do not attract huge
crowds. Of course, state-sponsored events are free at the
stadium, and do not generate revenue. Basically, the
recovery period for the expended NGN16.3b would take up
to 30 years – well beyond the contractual maintenance
period entered into with Julius Berger. If one should go by
experience, especially in Nigeria, the stadium would be in
the same state as the Abuja stadium today in the next 10 to
15 years.
National stadium
Like I said at the start of this write-up; what is good is
good, and worth doing well. Nigerians do appreciate
beautiful things, and will like to be associated with such
beauties. Unfortunately, such appreciation is very flighty
and short-lived. We have had such breathe-takers as the
National Theater, Iganmu, the National stadium, Surulere
and, in recent times, Tinapa, the Abuja stadium, Nnamdi
Azikiwe airport, and many other magnificent national and
state landmarks, only to watch them deteriorate with such
speed, and within such a short period of time, that one
wonders if Nigeria is some deserted island in the middle of
nowhere.
This stadium, as beautiful as it may look today, as admired
as it may be by not just the Ibomites, but the nation as a
wh***, and as jealous as other states may be of Akwa Ibom
today, this is not a gift that keeps on giving to the people of
the state. A progressive government does not invest
NGN16.3 on one structure – not infrastructure – when
citizens of employable age and education are jobless, and
the rural famers cannot bring their harvest to the market. It
will not spend that amount of money on a stadium when
infant and adult mortality rate remains high, and access to
primary education and healthcare for the poor is still a
problem. A progressive government would have invested
that amount in job-creating ventures, which will generate
more tax revenues that would be used, in due course, to
build such a stadium.
For now, the state has made its choice and the people are
happy. For now…..
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by realjoker(m): 12:24am On Apr 20, 2015
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by egift(m): 12:30am On Apr 20, 2015
I see nothing wrong in building landmarks and facilities, but our Leaders MUST learn to start with and the important things. They must tackle the immediate needs of the people.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by crownprince102: 12:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Their is actually nothing wrong the Akwa Ibom state constructing the stadium. It's first of it kind in any state in Nigeria. Akpabio did a good job in Akwa Ibom, he stands out among PDP governors and he is one of the best governors this republic produced.

My only concern was the transparency and credibility of the project. Some part of the press such as wikipedia, tribune, vanguard, etc states the project cost $96m (N16b) while others such as supersport, Ventures-africa, etc claims $200m (N35b).

Whether $96m or $200m, the stadium doesn't worth either of the two sum. We are talking about a 30,000 capacity stadium here. It doesn't worth that much. It cost should be a maximum of $60m to $70m and since it's even a goverment project, it shouldn't cost of to that, it should be lower.

But Akpabio must take credit for his giant strides.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by Nobody: 12:43am On Apr 20, 2015
Akwa ibom ayaya(Akwa Ibom is beautiful)
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by oduastates: 1:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Include all the rubbish airports terminals with less than the daily traffic of 20 molues been built around the country.
While the constitution says security/general welfare is the first job of the government, in actual fact, the first job is to raise revenues. Without the revenue, the government cannot do Nada.
The main question is, what are the priorities?
Are those priorities things like building Abuja city tower or those priorities or an efficient rail service with regular frequency.
Are those priorities improving education or building hospitals?
Beyond education and health , I think the task at hand for buhari and the governors is to invest time and money in increasing revenues.
Also, I will simply complete the viable ongoing projects, simply patch up existing roads, and deploy all available fund in solving the electricity problem once and for all.
Electricity is Nigeria's core economic problem.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 1:07am On Apr 20, 2015
Another alternative is to Share the windfall to 25,000,000 unemployed and poor APC supporters as social security.

Sai Baba
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by jazzydee: 2:47am On Apr 20, 2015
@OP your user name does not belie your ignorance?
Show me any state in Nigeria that has built 1,900km of roads and 38 bridges and 5flyover in 8yrs,
Show me any nigerian state that has built/renovated 6000 class room blocks in 8yrs
Show me any Nigerian State that has executed over 6000 rural projects in 8yrs
Show me any Nigerian state that has built 5 new general hospitals renovated/equip all the General hospitals in all its LGA and will commision a 389 bed quaternary hospital the first of its kind in nigeria.
Show me any state that has empowered it 4000 rural female farmers with N250,000 soft Agric loans and 5000 young graduate farmers with 500,000 agric loans?
Show me any State government that has built a brand new bi-campus state university?
Show me any state Govt. that has built manage an operated its own State owned intl Airport all within the short span of 8yrs?
Show me a state government that has built over 10,000 housing units for civil servants and low income people?

Akpabio did all the Above and more too numerous to mention in 8yrs a feat no other governor in Nigeria has accomplished within the same time frame!

When you show me any state in Nigeria that has surpassed the Achievement of the Akwa ibom state government in all indices of human development in the past 8yrs then we can begin to criticize the stadium which is just one of the few developmental projects that litter the state and delivered within the last 8 yrs.
Am sure the governor of your state has stolen more than the $96million that Akpabio used in building the stadium in Uyo with your state having nothing to show for, I would rather my governor spend $96million one great project that my grand kids will come to see and enjoy than steal the money as is being done in your state as i write this.
People like you probably don't even know where Akwa ibom state is an what has been done in the state but just interested in running your mouth.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by jazzydee: 2:52am On Apr 20, 2015
oduastates:
Include all the rubbish airports terminals with less than the daily traffic of 20 molues been built around the country.
While the constitution says security/general welfare is the first job of the government, in actual fact, the first job is to raise revenues. Without the revenue, the government cannot do Nada.
The main question is, what are the priorities?
Are those priorities things like building Abuja city tower or those priorities or an efficient rail service with regular frequency.
Are those priorities improving education or building hospitals?
Beyond education and health , I think the task at hand for buhari and the governors is to invest time and money in increasing revenues.
Also, I will simply complete the viable ongoing projects, simply patch up existing roads, and deploy all available fund in solving the electricity problem once and for all.
Electricity is Nigeria's core economic problem.
Face you odua states they are the only ones that build unviable airports, Ibadan, Akure and illorin airports are all unviable airports as all of them are performing below par.I dont blame them i blame the FG funds that were wasted in constructing those useless airfields.

Akwa Ibom State airport is one of the busiest airports in Nigeria with Arik,Dana,Aero,Discovery airlines conducting daily flights to and from Abuja and lagos on a daily bases while Akure, ibadan and ilorin airports rarely see on flight a week.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by padeolu: 4:43am On Apr 20, 2015
jazzydee:
Show me any state in Nigeria that has built 1,900km of roads and 38 bridges and 5flyover in 8yrs,
Show me any nigerian state that has built/renovated 6000 class room blocks in 8yrs
Show me any Nigerian state that has built 5 new general hospitals renovated/equip all the General hospitals in all its LGA and will commision a 389 bed quaternary hospital the first of its kind in nigeria.
Show me any state that has empowered it 4000 rural female farmers with N250,000 soft Agric loans and 5000 young graduate farmers with 500,000 agric loans?
Show me any State government that has built a brand new bi-campus state university?
Show me any state Govt. that has built manage an operated its own State owned intl Airport all within the short span of 8yrs?
Show me a state government that has built over 10,000 housing units for civil servants and low income people?

Akpabio did all the Above and more too numerous to mention in 8yrs a feat no other governor in Nigeria has accomplished within the same time frame!

When you show me any state in Nigeria that has surpassed the Achievement of the Akwa ibom state government in all indices of human development in the past 8yrs then we can begin to criticize the stadium which is just one of the few developmental projects that litter the state and delivered within the last 8 yrs.
Am sure the governor of your state has stolen more than the $96million that Akpabio used in building the stadium in Uyo with your state having nothing to show for, I would rather my governor spend $96million one great project that my grand kids will come to see and enjoy than steal the money as is being done in your state as i write this.
People like you probably don't even know where Akwa ibom state is an what has been done in the state but just interested in running your mouth.
It amuse me how some people Deliberately feign ignorance about issues. Flyovers, bridges, stadium are those priorities to you? At what expense are those things done? Do you even know how much allocation akwa ibom receives as compared to other states? Tell me the unemployment rate in akwa ibom and I will give you a list of 5 states that receives less than 1/3 of what akwa ibom receives and yet has a much lower unemployment rate.

7 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by seankafor(m): 5:29am On Apr 20, 2015
hypocritics.. But if u see these things in another country u will wish it is in ur country. Now that it is , u re now criticizing..bunch of maggots.... I read from this article that the abuja national stadium is not as it is last ten years, but truthfully i tell u the last time i watched the super eagles play against sudan in that stadium, i saw nothing wrong about the stadium.... Eitherway badbelle is allowed..
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by jazzydee: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
padeolu:
It amuse me how some people Deliberately feign ignorance about issues. Flyovers, bridges, stadium are those priorities to you? At what expense are those things done? Do you even know how much allocation akwa ibom receives as compared to other states? Tell me the unemployment rate in akwa ibom and I will give you a list of 5 states that receives less than 1/3 of what akwa ibom receives and yet has a much lower unemployment rate.

If flyovers, bridges are not necessary tell me why nigerian governors are copying Akpabio? Since akpabio built the first 4 flyovers at the same time many governors have copied same and are building it in their states and i bet you are one of those that celebrated the flyovers in you state!

people like you do not know how to handle jealousy! If any of the infrastructures in Akwa Ibom were built in your state i bet you and your fellow critics would call it the best thing since slice bread.
For your information the infrastructures in Akwa Ibom was built with State funds and Akwa Ibom people are happy about the way their funds have been used. dont take panadol for other people headache face your state government and set priorities for them. AKSG priorities are in the right place thats using public funds for public good unlike your governor thats moving his personal pockets forward with state funds.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by mikolo80: 6:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
jazzydee:

Show me one state go nigeria where its citizens cannot before 100Naira subsidised cinema ticket due to unmitigated poverty
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by mikolo80: 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
seankafor:
hypocritics.. But if u see these things in another country u will wish it is in ur country. Now that it is , u re now criticizing..bunch of maggots.... I read from this article that the abuja national stadium is not as it is last ten years, but truthfully i tell u the last time i watched the super eagles play against sudan in that stadium, i saw nothing wrong about the stadium.... Eitherway badbelle is allowed..
Hahahahahahahahahaha people don't travel out because of infrastructure but where they will get good living standard. How does Flyover put food on your table.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by mikolo80: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
jazzydee:

If flyovers, bridges are not necessary tell me why nigerian governors are copying Akpabio? Since akpabio built the first 4 flyovers at the same time many governors have copied same and are building it in their states and i bet you are one of those that celebrated the flyovers in you state!

people like you do not know how to handle jealousy! If any of the infrastructures in Akwa Ibom were built in your state i bet you and your fellow critics would call it the best thing since slice bread.
For your information the infrastructures in Akwa Ibom was built with State funds and Akwa Ibom people are happy about the way their funds have been used. dont take panadol for other people headache face your state government and set priorities for them. AKSG priorities are in the right place thats using public funds for public good unlike your governor thats moving his personal pockets forward with state funds.
they're copying him cos they know there are many gullible ppl like you that are very ignorant so they can dazzle you while they loot your money and also there is serious traffic congestion. How many cars in uyo
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by jazzydee: 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
mikolo80:
they're copying him cos they know there are many gullible ppl like you that are very ignorant so they can dazzle you while they loot your money and also there is serious traffic congestion. How many cars in uyo
jealousy will kill you. Save your advise for your public fund stealing state government. and free Akwa Ibom.
We all see and know where our state funds have gone, Its been invested on public infrastructures! unlike in your state where public funds are diverted into private pockets.

Since you cant see the content of the private pockets of your state governor, hence you can't criticize it, but you can see and feel Akpabio's infrastructures so have a field day criticising because there is absence of public infrastructure in you state that warrants a debate, even the blind can see what Akpabio has done with public funds in Akwa Ibom.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by mikolo80: 10:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
jazzydee:

jealousy will kill you. Save your advise for your public fund stealing state government. and free Akwa Ibom.
We all see and know where our state funds have gone, Its been invested on public infrastructures! unlike in your state where public funds are diverted into private pockets.

Since you cant see the content of the private pockets of your state governor, hence you can't criticize it, but you can see and feel Akpabio's infrastructures so have a field day criticising because there is absence of public infrastructure in you state that warrants a debate, even the blind can see what Akpabio has done with public funds in Akwa Ibom.
in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Remember you collect the highest derivation from govt yet your poverty is unpparalleled.but you're right this is a democracy and you have the right to vote for slavery
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by kayode27: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
Way better than embezzlement.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by jazzydee: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
mikolo80:
in the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Remember you collect the highest derivation from govt yet your poverty is unpparalleled.but you're right this is a democracy and you have the right to vote for slavery

You are the most blind person in the world, Stop projecting your evil and blindness on me.
The bible talks about the end times "when people shall see good and call evil and see evil and call good"
I believe the bible was talking about folks like you, Who call a governor that is using public fund to do public work. by investing in public infrastructure Bad, But call governors that pocketed public funds good. keep living in darkness Unam.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by mikolo80: 9:23am On Apr 22, 2015
jazzydee:

You are the most blind person in the world, Stop projecting your evil and blindness on me.
The bible talks about the end times "when people shall see good and call evil and see evil and call good"
I believe the bible was talking about folks like you, Who call a governor that is using public fund to do public work. by investing in public infrastructure Bad, But call governors that pocketed public funds good. keep living in darkness Unam.
never called the other governors good. it is you who say i did.
never said it was not public work
just said he could have done something more beneficial
is it hungry people(that can not go to cinema) that will use the stadium(grass weeds,miscreants and faeces go soon full am
and it("fake" bird's nest facade) was more expensive than real"bird's nest" in china
he just used speed and misdirection to loot the most endoewd state while its citizens are doing houseboy all over nigeria
why din't he buy tractors
why not buil industrial estate to employ his people
why not build a state owned refinery and give petroleum studies scholarship
instead he built stadium that nobody(super chickens once every two years) will use

check my posts
even fashola is the same in my opinion
he could have done 100 times what he did in lagos if not for looting
but if you want to be xenophobic abi na governorphobic
be my guest
and continue to wallow i ignorance

whats sad is you are supposed to be the educated one tha will enlighten the illiterates
but if this is how you're thinking then no hope for your state in next 100 years

abi you de follow share the contract money ne
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by astana1: 9:23am On Apr 22, 2015
GEJ administration marginalized AND SACKED PEOPLE TO SET OUT HIS TRIBALISTIC AGENDA

Igbo man Ike Nkeremandu, Deputy Senate President

Igbo man Emeka Ihedioha, Deputy Speaker

(Imagine that in a country with 6 geopolitical zones, one occupies the two of the 4 major National Assemby leadership positions!!)

Igbo man Pius Ayim, Secretary to the Federal Government

igbo man Godwin Emefiele is the governor of the central bank of Nigeria

Igbo woman, Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy

Igbo woman petroluem Minister

Igbo man Nebo, Power Minister

Igbo man Minister of aviation

Printing and Minting - Igbo

Nafdac -Igbo

MINISTER OF Health - Igbo

Jonathan removed other tribes from head of parastatals and put Igbos there but that would be addressed now. Bureau of statistics was filled up with Igbos.

Even the Hausas/Fulanis in military have never done this above show of shame and pure tribalism. And Igbos were quiet all through that administration cos others were marginalised.
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by mikolo80: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2015
jazzydee:

na your fellow kinsman be dis o

Politics / Re: APC Planning To Use Tribunals To Steal Our Little Victories, PDP Cries Out by Navyguy: 7:58am
[b][/b][color=#990000][/color]PLEASE APC SHOULD USE TRIBUNAL AND COLLECT THE STOLEN SENATE SEAT FROM THIEF GODSWILL AKPABIO OF AKWA IBOM STATE BECAUSE THE MAN DON THIEF TOO MUCH MONEY FROM THIS OUR STATE sad sad sad
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Akwa Ibom Stadium: Alternative Uses For $96m by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2015
astana1:
GEJ administration marginalized AND SACKED PEOPLE TO SET OUT HIS TRIBALISTIC AGENDA

Igbo man Ike Nkeremandu, Deputy Senate President

Igbo man Emeka Ihedioha, Deputy Speaker

(Imagine that in a country with 6 geopolitical zones, one occupies the two of the 4 major National Assemby leadership positions!!)

Igbo man Pius Ayim, Secretary to the Federal Government

igbo man Godwin Emefiele is the governor of the central bank of Nigeria

Igbo woman, Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister for the Economy

Igbo woman petroluem Minister

Igbo man Nebo, Power Minister

Igbo man Minister of aviation

Printing and Minting - Igbo

Nafdac -Igbo

MINISTER OF Health - Igbo

Jonathan removed other tribes from head of parastatals and put Igbos there but that would be addressed now. Bureau of statistics was filled up with Igbos.

Even the Hausas/Fulanis in military have never done this above show of shame and pure tribalism. And Igbos were quiet all through that administration cos others were marginalised.

Guy you sounded as if those are the only ministerial position in Nigeria. Why not check the list below and stop spreading falsehood.

Professor Chinedu Nebo - Minister of power -

Mohammed Wakil - Minister of State power

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - Minister of Finance

Olusegun Aganga - Minister for Trade and Investment

Mr Bashir Yuguda - Minister of state finance

Deziani Alison-Madueke - Minister of petroleum resources

Dr. Akinwunmi Ayo Adesina - Minister of Agriculture

Hajia Asabe Asmau Ahmed - Minister of State Agriculture

Bala Muhammed - Minister of FCT

Mrs. Olajumoke - Minister of State for FCT

Sanusi Dagash - Minister of works

Mr. Adeyeye - Minister of State, Works.

Dr. Abubakar Olanrewaju Sulaiman - Minister of National planning

Mohammed Adoke - Attorney General and Minister of Justice

Mr Osita Chidoka - Minister of Aviation

Mr. Edem Duke - Minister of culture and tourism;

Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau - Minister of education

Lawrencia Laraba Mallam - Minister of environment

Ambassador Aminu Wali - Minister of Foreign affairs

Prof. (Mrs) Viola Onwuliri - Minister of state Foreign affairs.

Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu - Minister of Health

Dr. Khaliru Alhassan - Minister of state Health

Labaran Maku - Minister of information and communications

Comrade Abba Moro - Minister of Interior

Chukwuemeka Wogu - Minister of Labour and productivity

Arc. Mohammed Musa Sada - Minister of mines and steel development

Dr Stephen Orise Oru - Minister of Niger Delta

Mr. Darius Dickson Ishaku - Minister of State Niger Delta

Gen. Aliyu Gusau - Minister of Defence

Senator Musiliu Obanikoro -Minister of State Defence

Alhaji Abduljelili Adesiyan - Minister of Police Affairs

Mr. Bulama - Minister of Science and Technology

Senator Idris A.Umar - Minister of Transport

Boni Haruna - Minister of Youth Development

Hajia Zainab Maina - Minister Of Women Affairs

Dr. Tamuno Danagogo - Minister of sport and chairman national sport commission

Mrs. Akon Eyakenyi - Land, Housing and Urban Development

Kabiru Turaki - Minister of Special Duties

Read more: http://www..com/ng/presidency-judiciary-legislative-and-policies/3547-list-of-current-nigerias-ministers.html#ixzz3Y1ni0RWE

(1) (Reply)

Northern Christians Most Humiliated -Danjuma / How Yar Adua Forced Jonathan To Declare His Assets Publicly As Vice-president / Omg 8months Old Baby Twerking And Shaking It Real Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.