Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,363 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. (14462 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Kolanist(m): 11:22am On Jan 19, 2018
The roman catholic institution(vatican) is a false church, the book of revelations 17 calls it "MYSTERY,BABYLON THE GREAT,THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH " .She is the mother of ISLAM;JESUITS;NAZI;COMMUNISM;OPUS DEI;MASONRY and some other .She was created a counterfiet church ,A EVIL GENIUS OF THE DEVIL to hinder the true gospel of Jesus&slaughter believer&make the inhabitants of the earth drunk with the wine of her spiritual fornication.click the link to find some information ~ http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=1077

1 Like

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 11:06am On Jan 22, 2018
It's funny that we believe the above, but do we actually believe the Lord had been removing His people out from many of the protestants Churches, out from Pastors preaching the Money doctrines that isn't scriptural, have we tested ourselves lately, are we caught up with the Word of Faith movement, men of corrupt minds destitute of the truth who suppose the godliness is their means to financial gain, prosperity preachers, are teaching the unbiblical doctrines of hell, millions of protestants are led by them-rather then they are led by God.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 8:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
brocab:
Uben you may not see me learning about the Catholic Church-but the truth is, I am learning about the Church, maybe it isn't the way you expected me to learn-but I am learning..
Uben the net is full of stuff-you may not like what people are saying about your Church-but it's the Church people don't agree upon, they say things about my Church too, Uben it's not the Church building I am concerned about. it's the idolatry in the teaching-and why teach against Christ-when the Church is Christ, not the building, not the people first, but Christ first.
Sometimes we all have that habit, bringing something, other then Christ to the altar, something that we feel is more important to us-but we brought nothing into this world-and surely we won't be taken it out, after we die.
It's Idolatry: against Christ-Paul describes the origin of idolatry in {Romans 1:21-25}
So don't walk away feeling like someone had ripped your heart out, we cant expect people to agree with any Church-I don't look at this, as an insult, I see an awakening on both sides of the fence-either on the inside or on the outside-you can't expect everybody to bow down to Catholicism-this isn't about which Church building stood up the longest, Christ is the head of the body-and the body is the people, without the people there's nothing to be pride off.
Heaven and Earth will pass away, but His Word will always stay.

you claim to be learning, but of course your sole interest is to find a way to condemn.

you'll only look for whatever confirms your bias.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 9:42pm On Feb 14, 2018
In which way would you prefer is the best way I should be searching? I do see-and I can read what your Church claims you are taught-you claim you are bible teaching students, 9 inches claims the bible isn't enough to know Christ.
So which is it?
You could be one person out of the billions of Catholic's there is on this planet, that actually believes in Catholic teaching, you could be that only person who obeys their every command-and you could know the bible upside down, but the truth is-your belief's are not spirit filled teachings, just like 9 inches a born Church believer, he/she had never heard from God, and every time I have asked this same question, none of you-have heard a whisper of the Holy spirit that teaches us through the Word of God.
You can only see me picking on your Church-but you can't see me, learning, since I have been around on this forum I have been learning about the differences we all have, and how, it is important to walk with God-know God, and why?
So it isn't condemning it's a sole interest-to know how the bible describes the world and its end time prophesies, sadly to you, but in righteous, the New World Order Church is falling into place, just the way Christ had said it will happen.
Ubenedictus:

you claim to be learning, but of course your sole interest is to find a way to condemn.

you'll only look for whatever confirms your bias.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 7:54am On Feb 16, 2018
brocab:
In which way would you prefer is the best way I should be searching? I do see-and I can read what your Church claims you are taught-you claim you are bible teaching students, 9 inches claims the bible isn't enough to know Christ.
So which is it?
You could be one person out of the billions of Catholic's there is on this planet, that actually believes in Catholic teaching, you could be that only person who obeys their every command-and you could know the bible upside down, but the truth is-your belief's are not spirit filled teachings, just like 9 inches a born Church believer, he/she had never heard from God, and every time I have asked this same question, none of you-have heard a whisper of the Holy spirit that teaches us through the Word of God.
You can only see me picking on your Church-but you can't see me, learning, since I have been around on this forum I have been learning about the differences we all have, and how, it is important to walk with God-know God, and why?
So it isn't condemning it's a sole interest-to know how the bible describes the world and its end time prophesies, sadly to you, but in righteous, the New World Order Church is falling into place, just the way Christ had said it will happen.

you are condemning from hearsay... you just go to your Protestant sites and copy whatever is there and imaging they are correct about Catholicism simply because they are Protestants. if you wish to condemn the Catholic Church as you have certainly been doing, then the least you can do is start to read up what Catholics believe.

start here http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Start from the beginning and condemn if you must.

9ince never said one can't know of Jesus through the Bible, instead he has taught you the biblical teaching that the fullness of the Christian revelation is found in the Bible and the apostolic tradition as it clear in 2 thess.

lastly I happen to know a lot of Catholics who also believe rightly and practices rightly and I an convinced that 9ince is such.

I too have heard from God's holy spirit, he has spoken to me through scripture, through the apostolic tradition, through the Church Jesus established, in my heart, in worship and through my daily circumstances. not just through the Bible alone.

lastly you Protestant didn't begin eschatology, it has always been there.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 9:12am On Feb 16, 2018
The Church traces its origins to the Christian community founded in Antioch by people of the period known by a variety of names, including "Followers of the Way," and later recognized by the Apostles in Jerusalem and sent Barnabas to organize the new church (see Acts 11:19-25) (see Early centers of Christianity) was one of its leading members. It later became the Patriarchate of Antioch as one of the five major patriarchates – that is the Pentarchy – of the state church of the Roman Empire.
According to Acts 11:19-26, the Christian community at Antioch began when Christians who were scattered from Jerusalem because of persecution fled to Antioch. They were joined by Christians from Cyprus and Cyrene who migrated to Antioch. It was in Antioch that the followers of Jesus were first referred to as Christians.
A main point of interest, however, is connected with the progress of Christianity among the non-Jewish believers. Tradition holds that the first Gentile church was founded in Antioch, {Acts 11:20-21}where it is recorded that the disciples of Jesus Christ were first called Christians {Acts 11:19-26} It was from Antioch that St. Paul started on his missionary journeys.[1]
In the dispersion of the original Church at Jerusalem, during the troubles ensuing on the bold action of Stephen, certain Cypriote and Cyrenaic Jews, who had been brought up in Greek communities and who had different perspectives on the world than the Palestinian Jews [citation needed], came to Antioch. There they made the "innovation" of addressing not merely Jews but also Greeks (see Godfearers for the historical background). We may understand here (1) that the words used imply successful preaching and the admission of Greeks to the Christian congregation, and (2) that such an innovation took place by slow degrees, and began in the synagogue, where Greek proselytes heard the word.
[2] Antioch is intimately connected with the early history of the gospel. It was the great central point from where missionaries to the Gentiles were sent (presumably following the Great Commission).
It was the birthplace of the famous Christian father Chrysostom, who died A.D. 407.
[3] Nicolas the deacon of the Seven Deacons was a proselyte of Antioch.
The Christians dispersed by Stephen's martyrdom preached at Antioch to idolatrous Greeks, not "Grecians" or Greek-speaking Jews, according to the Alexandrine manuscript {Acts 11:20-26} whence a church having been formed under Barnabas and Paul's care. From Antioch their charity was sent by the hands of Barnabas and Saul to the brethren at Jerusalem suffering in the famine.
Paul began his ministry systematically here. At Antioch Judaizers from Jerusalem disturbed the church {Acts 15:1} Here Paul rebuked Peter for dissimulation (Gal 2:11-12, the Incident at Antioch).
From Antioch Paul started on his first missionary journey {Acts 13:1-3} and returned to it {Acts 14:26} He began, after the Jerusalem decree, addressed to the Gentile converts at Antioch, and ended, his second missionary journey there {Acts 15:36,18:22-23} His third journey also began there. Ignatius was subsequently bishop there for forty years, down to his martyrdom A. D. 107.[5]
The seat of the patriarchate was formerly Antioch, in what is now Turkey. However, in the 15th century, it was moved to Syria in response to the Ottoman invasion.
Some Grecian "ancient synagogal" priestly rites and hymns have survived partially to the present, notably in the distinct church services of the Melkite and Greek Orthodox communities of the Hatay Province of Southern Turkey, Syria, Lebanon and Northern Israel. Members of these communities still call themselves Rûm which literally means "Eastern Roman" or Byzantine in Turkish, Persian and Arabic. The term "Rum" is used in preference to "Ionani" which means Greek or "Ionian"
And later the Catholic Church made claims Christianity started with the Catholic's in Rome....
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 9:46am On Feb 16, 2018
Uben show me where you and 9 inches have taught me the doctrines-that are true? All I have received by you both is websites that doesn't hold any truth about bible literature.
How long do you expect me to wait before you both actually give me something that's true....
I have read up what Catholic's believe on the sites you both have given me, and I have posted them on this site-and still you both can't agree with any of them.
So why not puts your heads together and give me something you both know about your cultist religion.
Ubenedictus:

9ince never said one can't know of Jesus through the Bible, instead he has taught you the biblical teaching that the fullness of the Christian revelation is found in the Bible and the apostolic tradition as it clear in 2 thess.
I never said your twisted words either-9 inches said: the bible isn't enough to know God..
Ubenedictus:

I too have heard from God's holy spirit, he has spoken to me through scripture, through the apostolic tradition, through the Church Jesus established, in my heart, in worship and through my daily circumstances. not just through the Bible alone.
I don't believe you Uben-I have asked this same question before hand, and I never received a come back from you-now all of a sudden you have found the courage to speak up-and now God speaks to you-how does God speak to you-If it isn't through Word only?
I do know God can speak through donkeys-and He can speak out from a burning bush, and also His voice carries across the skies, I have never heard God speak through the traditions of men, not when these traditions don't line up with His Word.
Uben I don't believe you have ever heard from God-you don't preach the same doctrine of God, lying against God is a sin, repent and cry out unto the Lord and ask for your forgiveness!
The only thing that is established in your heart is a deceiving heart.
Catholic's are the same, claiming to know God and walk as they never knew Him, you don't practice His commandments Uben-you lie against the Holy Spirit-If you were born again, you wouldn't turn your back on Christ and pray to His Mother..
Ubenedictus:

lastly I happen to know a lot of Catholics who also believe rightly and practices rightly and I an convinced that 9ince is such.
I have no dealt either, I believe you and 9 inches do practice your Church traditions-more then you practice the Word of God..
Ubenedictus:

you are condemning from hearsay... you just go to your Protestant sites and copy whatever is there and imaging they are correct about Catholicism simply because they are Protestants. if you wish to condemn the Catholic Church as you have certainly been doing, then the least you can do is start to read up what Catholics believe.

start here http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Start from the beginning and condemn if you must.

lastly you Protestant didn't begin eschatology, it has always been there.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 10:23am On Feb 16, 2018
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Catholic knowledge.
THE PROFESSION OF FAITH SECTION ONE "I BELIEVE" - "WE BELIEVE"
We begin our profession of faith by saying: "I believe" or "We believe". Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed, celebrated in the liturgy and lived in observance of God's commandments and in prayer, we must first ask what "to believe" means. Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life. Thus we shall consider first that search (Chapter One), then the divine Revelation by which God comes to meet man (Chapter Two), and finally the response of faith (Chapter Three).
Bible knowledge
When sharing the gospel, we should be careful what we say and how we say it. Even the word believe can be misleading if it is presented as mere intellectual assent (agreeing that certain facts are true) instead of as trust (relying on those true facts). Judas Iscariot believed certain facts about Jesus, but he never trusted Jesus for salvation.
Salvation is not about believing a list of facts. Salvation is not about asking Jesus to come into your heart. Salvation is not even about asking God to forgive you.
Salvation is about trusting in Jesus as your Savior, receiving the forgiveness He offers by grace through faith. Salvation is about being made new through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5).
Jesus said: one must become Born again before he can enter into the kingdom of heaven..
Catholic teaching>To believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
For a Christian, believing in God cannot be separated from believing in the One he sent, his "beloved Son", in whom the Father is "well pleased"; God tells us to listen to him.
The Lord himself said to his disciples: "Believe in God, believe also in me." We can believe in Jesus Christ because he is himself God, the Word made flesh: "No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known. Because he "has seen the Father", Jesus Christ is the only one who knows him and can reveal him.
To believe in the Holy Spirit.
One cannot believe in Jesus Christ without sharing in his Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who reveals to men who Jesus is. For "no one can say "Jesus is Lord", except by the Holy Spirit" who "searches everything, even the depths of God.
No one comprehends the thoughts of God, except the Spirit of God." Only God knows God completely: we believe in the Holy Spirit because he is God.
Bible>Judas Iscariot believed certain facts about Jesus, but he never trusted Jesus for salvation.
{John 14:14-16} If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever—…
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 11:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
Uben have you read this, 9 inches shared this site.
http://catholicchampion..qa/2010/10/rationalism-vs-faith-protestantism-vs.html
Pope Francis and Death Penalty
Lets translate the current Catechism into modernistic Francis language everyone can understand, it should have said "the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the inhumane measures of the death penalty."
Today pope Francis has announced his method of spreading confusion across the Church like wildfire. Francis communicates to us something that has never been a part of preaching the Gospel.
He said, "It is not enough to find a new language in which to articulate our perennial faith; it is also urgent, in the light of the new challenges and prospects facing humanity, that the Church be able to express the “new things” of Christ’s Gospel, that, albeit present in the word of God, have not yet come to light. This is the treasury of “things old and new” of which Jesus spoke when he invited his disciples to teach the newness that he had brought, without forsaking the old (cf. Mt 13:52)."
Francis has now invented his own Gospel. He says it is not enough to ensure we are preaching the perennial faith with sufficient language to meet our time, but that now we must express, "new things"! Now we are supposed to be finding things in the Word of God that we have never heard of? Did Jesus speak of this in Matthew 13:52? I think not.
Lets look at the passage. He said unto them: Therefore every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven, is like to a man that is a householder, who bringeth forth out of his treasure new things and old.
Jesus here according to Saint Thomas is speaking about the sacred teaching itself which Jesus was communicating to his followers which he also calls scribes. Why was he calling them scribes? Because they would be similar to the scribes of old, they would teach the Gospel instead of the old law.
They can discuss the the kingdom of God and Sacred teaching, wherein things new and old are contained. "Behold I send you prophets, and wise men and scribes." Dan 12:10 They are also called scribes because they are Christ's secretaries.
Jesus taught them in parables so they would see the fulfillment of the Old Law in the New. Thomas says according to Gregory, the old things refer to all those things which are attributed to sin, and the new to those things which are attributed to the grace of Christ and eternal life. (Taken from St Thomas' Commentary on Matthew)
How on earth does this refer to "new things" that we have never heard of over the past 2000 years the Church has been preaching the Gospel? Francis is simply inventing new teaching. As we all know, Divine Revelation closed with the death of the last apostle. We can only delve deeper into the existing, perennial teaching that we have been given at the outset. So yes, it is enough to articulate our perennial faith to the world, because like God it is the same today and forever.
Then Francis then drops one of his "new things" on us. He invents a new teaching out of thin air! Brace yourselves!
I would like now to bring up a subject that ought to find in the Catechism of the Catholic Church a more adequate and coherent treatment in the light of these expressed aims. I am speaking of the death penalty.
This issue cannot be reduced to a mere résumé of traditional teaching without taking into account not only the doctrine as it has developed in the teaching of recent Popes, but also the change in the awareness of the Christian people which rejects an attitude of complacency before a punishment deeply injurious of human dignity.
It must be clearly stated that the death penalty is an inhumane measure that, regardless of how it is carried out, abases human dignity.
It is per se contrary to the Gospel, because it entails the willful suppression of a human life that never ceases to be sacred in the eyes of its Creator and of which – ultimately – only God is the true judge and guarantor.

So the "new thing" is now condemning 2000 years of Christian teaching which teaches that the death penalty is a legitimate form of punishment.
What Francis is really saying is that the Church taught and upheld an act which was contrary to human dignity, contrary to the Gospel, and he is the one who is going to correct it. If it goes against the Gospel, then the Catholic Church has been teaching something contrary to the Gospel for 2000 years! We all know this is an impossibility.
Better yet, he is calling Pope Pius XII and many other popes monsters who were promoting heinous acts against human dignity!
His predecessors were promoting an act as being a legitimate form of punishment that was really contrary to the Gospel!
Is Pope Pius XII so far removed from our advanced society that he did not realize this? If you think so I have ocean front property to sell you in Kansas. Do we see what this kind of thinking leads us? This is modernism at its finest! He is claiming that this is a development. Does he know the definition of development? Development means the teaching is the same, we just understand it more fully. Development is not that we overturn the teaching and then label it a development.
Everyone who came before Francis was wrong, and he is right.
This is the leitmotif of his papal occupation. Francis knows better than all the popes who came before him. Francis knows the "new things" that no one else ever knew!

Almost sounds like the Gnostics no? As for me, the Church teaching is what it is. For now the Catechism teaches, "Assuming that the guilty party's identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty..." Guess what, if the act was contrary to the Gospel, this could never have been said in the Catechism!
Lets translate this into modernistic Francis language everyone can understand, it should have said "the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the inhumane measures of the death penalty." I feel ashamed for anyone who falls for this "new thing." Do you think we are idiots? As you can tell I am a bit miffed at this whole debacle.

Above: Pope Pius XII now according to Francis a monster who promoted inhumane acts against human dignity!

Even in the case of the death penalty the State does not dispose of the individual’s right to life. Rather public authority limits itself to depriving the offender of the good of life in expiation for his guilt, after he, through his crime, deprived himself of his own right to life.
(Pius XII, Address to the First International Congress of Histopathology of the Nervous System, 14 September 1952, XIV, 328)
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by adegeye38(m): 10:30pm On Apr 03, 2018
brocab:
The Catholic Church claims it was the apostle Peter who started the Catholic Church, they say he became their Pope?
I have argued this out with my wife who is a Catholic, also with other Catholic's, whom they find an avenue to escape this Question, only to hide oneself in the closet.
Pope's in their religion are not allowed to marry and yet the apostle Peter was married in scripture.

Matthew 8:14 When Jesus came into Peters house He saw His mother in law laying in bed with a fever.

So can someone point out to me which Peter, the Catholic Church are talking about. As I have asked many Catholic's other then my wife-and the response I retrieved was cursing and mocking etc.

Calling me a non Christian the devil himself has risen.
no teaching of Christ whatsoever is synonymous with Catholic doctrine, Catholicism has no trace to the apostles, cos the message the apostles preached was deeply Pentecostal and, the Catholic/gothic doctrines became established hundreds of years after the death of the apostles, and it was a deviation from the original gopel of Christ.
Peter himself preached pure Pentecostal, he spoke in tongue and was filled with the holy spirit, he spoke being born again and being delivered from sin through Christ, peter preached about holiness and everything Pentecostal and he emphasized on Christ teaching on having a personal relationship with God. and ao much more its all in the bible
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 5:25am On Apr 05, 2018
Thanks bro, come over to "Pentecostal Getting Married To A Catholic" you would have fun there..
adegeye38:

no teaching of Christ whatsoever is synonymous with Catholic doctrine, Catholicism has no trace to the apostles, cos the message the apostles preached was deeply Pentecostal and, the Catholic/gothic doctrines became established hundreds of years after the death of the apostles, and it was a deviation from the original gopel of Christ.
Peter himself preached pure Pentecostal, he spoke in tongue and was filled with the holy spirit, he spoke being born again and being delivered from sin through Christ, peter preached about holiness and everything Pentecostal and he emphasized on Christ teaching on having a personal relationship with God. and ao much more its all in the bible
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 12:27am On Jun 25, 2018
I was reading up on the 7 deadly sins 'God hates, and everyone sins.
There has never been a human who has never sinned, this includes Mary, with the exception of Jesus Christ.
All sins are an affront to God Almighty Who is holy, but some sins are specifically mentioned as an abomination to God.
In fact, seven sins are said to be deadly.
What are the seven deadly sins and why are they so deadly? What are the meanings of these seven deadly sins?
{Proverbs 6:16-19} “There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked schemes, feet that are quick to rush into evil, a false witness who pours out lies and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.
“(Pride)
Haughty eyes are essentially people who look down on others.
{A Lying Tongue}
God detests a lying tongue.
{Hands that Shed Innocent Blood}
One great example was the blood that was shed of Jesus Christ. {Religious conception}
{A Hand that Devises Wicked Schemes}
When a person has committed murder, involuntary manslaughter is usually a lesser of a charge that premeditated murder. {Planning to destroy}
{Feet that are Quick to Rush into Evil}
This is a person that easily agrees to take part in an evil deed with others or to make a quick decision to do something harmful to another person. {Christian maybe}
{A False Witness Who Pours Out Lies}
Once again, we go back to the root of all sin: Pride. A prideful person is quick to lie about others in order to make themselves look better.
{A Person Who Stirs up Conflict}
This last but not least sin is one that has divided many churches. Gossip is one way to stir up conflict and divide even the closest of friends.
In every Church these qualification's are found in the body, and this is one of the main reasons why Satan enjoys building Churches, to keep Christians out of Church, leaving all his followers that do the above in Church!
Don't forget here is a brief description of each of the seven deadly sins:
Pride — An inflated, unrealistic sense of your self-worth.
Envy — The feeling that you deserve the possessions, success, virtues, or talents of another person.
Gluttony — An excessive desire for the pleasure of eating and drinking.
Lust — A selfish focus on sex or a desire to have sexual pleasure with someone other than your spouse.
Anger — An excessive, improper desire to exact revenge.
Greed — A strong desire for possessions, especially for possessions belonging to another.
Sloth — Lack of effort in the face of a necessary task, causing it to go undone (or done badly).
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18am On Jun 25, 2018
brocab:
The Church traces its origins to the Christian community founded in Antioch by people of the period known by a variety of names, including "Followers of the Way," and later recognized by the Apostles in Jerusalem and sent Barnabas to organize the new church (see Acts 11:19-25) (see Early centers of Christianity) was one of its leading members. It later became the Patriarchate of Antioch as one of the five major patriarchates – that is the Pentarchy – of the state church of the Roman Empire.
According to Acts 11:19-26, the Christian community at Antioch began when Christians who were scattered from Jerusalem because of persecution fled to Antioch. They were joined by Christians from Cyprus and Cyrene who migrated to Antioch. It was in Antioch that the followers of Jesus were first referred to as Christians.
A main point of interest, however, is connected with the progress of Christianity among the non-Jewish believers. Tradition holds that the first Gentile church was founded in Antioch, {Acts 11:20-21}where it is recorded that the disciples of Jesus Christ were first called Christians {Acts 11:19-26} It was from Antioch that St. Paul started on his missionary journeys.[1]
In the dispersion of the original Church at Jerusalem, during the troubles ensuing on the bold action of Stephen, certain Cypriote and Cyrenaic Jews, who had been brought up in Greek communities and who had different perspectives on the world than the Palestinian Jews [citation needed], came to Antioch. There they made the "innovation" of addressing not merely Jews but also Greeks (see Godfearers for the historical background). We may understand here (1) that the words used imply successful preaching and the admission of Greeks to the Christian congregation, and (2) that such an innovation took place by slow degrees, and began in the synagogue, where Greek proselytes heard the word.
[2] Antioch is intimately connected with the early history of the gospel. It was the great central point from where missionaries to the Gentiles were sent (presumably following the Great Commission).
It was the birthplace of the famous Christian father Chrysostom, who died A.D. 407.
[3] Nicolas the deacon of the Seven Deacons was a proselyte of Antioch.
The Christians dispersed by Stephen's martyrdom preached at Antioch to idolatrous Greeks, not "Grecians" or Greek-speaking Jews, according to the Alexandrine manuscript {Acts 11:20-26} whence a church having been formed under Barnabas and Paul's care. From Antioch their charity was sent by the hands of Barnabas and Saul to the brethren at Jerusalem suffering in the famine.
Paul began his ministry systematically here. At Antioch Judaizers from Jerusalem disturbed the church {Acts 15:1} Here Paul rebuked Peter for dissimulation (Gal 2:11-12, the Incident at Antioch).
From Antioch Paul started on his first missionary journey {Acts 13:1-3} and returned to it {Acts 14:26} He began, after the Jerusalem decree, addressed to the Gentile converts at Antioch, and ended, his second missionary journey there {Acts 15:36,18:22-23} His third journey also began there. Ignatius was subsequently bishop there for forty years, down to his martyrdom A. D. 107.[5]
The seat of the patriarchate was formerly Antioch, in what is now Turkey. However, in the 15th century, it was moved to Syria in response to the Ottoman invasion.
Some Grecian "ancient synagogal" priestly rites and hymns have survived partially to the present, notably in the distinct church services of the Melkite and Greek Orthodox communities of the Hatay Province of Southern Turkey, Syria, Lebanon and Northern Israel. Members of these communities still call themselves Rûm which literally means "Eastern Roman" or Byzantine in Turkish, Persian and Arabic. The term "Rum" is used in preference to "Ionani" which means Greek or "Ionian"
And later the Catholic Church made claims Christianity started with the Catholic's in Rome....

so you don't know the Church of Antioch was part of the Catholic Church and a part of the Church later fell into schism in 1054-1400, the melkites of the Church of Antioch are still part of the Catholic Church even till today. they are melkite Catholics.

Christianity began in Jerusalem not Rome, they were first called Christian in Antioch and Rome became the preeminent see since it is the Church of the apostle Peter and Paul. the patriarch of Antioch always had Communion with the bishops of Rome even till today the melkites are still in communion with Rome.

lastly, have you ever attended the "service" of the Antiochene Church? they are 96% similar to Catholic Church in both worship and doctrine. and even there bishops will tell you that before they entered schism, the Catholic pope had the highest honor among the bishops and they were all in Communion with Rome.

1 Like

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Nobody: 10:21am On Jun 25, 2018
This is good preaching and teaching works Pastor Brocab! wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:18am On Jun 25, 2018
brocab:
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
Catholic knowledge.
THE PROFESSION OF FAITH SECTION ONE "I BELIEVE" - "WE BELIEVE"
We begin our profession of faith by saying: "I believe" or "We believe". Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed, celebrated in the liturgy and lived in observance of God's commandments and in prayer, we must first ask what "to believe" means. Faith is man's response to God, who reveals himself and gives himself to man, at the same time bringing man a superabundant light as he searches for the ultimate meaning of his life. Thus we shall consider first that search (Chapter One), then the divine Revelation by which God comes to meet man (Chapter Two), and finally the response of faith (Chapter Three).
Bible knowledge
When sharing the gospel, we should be careful what we say and how we say it. Even the word believe can be misleading if it is presented as mere intellectual assent (agreeing that certain facts are true) instead of as trust (relying on those true facts). Judas Iscariot believed certain facts about Jesus, but he never trusted Jesus for salvation.
Salvation is not about believing a list of facts. Salvation is not about asking Jesus to come into your heart. Salvation is not even about asking God to forgive you.
Salvation is about trusting in Jesus as your Savior, receiving the forgiveness He offers by grace through faith. Salvation is about being made new through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ and the power of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5).
Jesus said: one must become Born again before he can enter into the kingdom of heaven..
Catholic teaching>To believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
For a Christian, believing in God cannot be separated from believing in the One he sent, his "beloved Son", in whom the Father is "well pleased"; God tells us to listen to him.
The Lord himself said to his disciples: "Believe in God, believe also in me." We can believe in Jesus Christ because he is himself God, the Word made flesh: "No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, he has made him known. Because he "has seen the Father", Jesus Christ is the only one who knows him and can reveal him.
To believe in the Holy Spirit.
One cannot believe in Jesus Christ without sharing in his Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who reveals to men who Jesus is. For "no one can say "Jesus is Lord", except by the Holy Spirit" who "searches everything, even the depths of God.
No one comprehends the thoughts of God, except the Spirit of God." Only God knows God completely: we believe in the Holy Spirit because he is God.
Bible>Judas Iscariot believed certain facts about Jesus, but he never trusted Jesus for salvation.
{John 14:14-16} If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it. If you love Me, you will keep My commandments. And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate to be with you forever—…

please where did the catechism say faith is only intellectual assent?

MAN'S RESPONSE TO GOD
142 By his Revelation, "the invisible God, from the fullness
of his love, addresses men as his friends, and moves
among them, in order to invite and receive them into his
own company." 1 The adequate response to this
invitation is faith.
143 By faith , man completely submits his intellect and
his will to God.2 With his whole being man gives his
assent to God the revealer. Sacred Scripture calls this
human response to God, the author of revelation, "the
obedience of faith". 3
ARTICLE 1
I BELIEVE
I. THE OBEDIENCE OF FAITH
144 To obey (from the Latin ob-audire , to "hear or listen
to"wink in faith is to submit freely to the word that has been
heard, because its truth is guaranteed by God, who is
Truth itself. Abraham is the model of such obedience
offered us by Sacred Scripture. The Virgin Mary is its
most perfect embodiment.
Abraham - "father of all who believe"
145 The Letter to the Hebrews, in its great eulogy of the
faith of Israel's ancestors, lays special emphasis on
Abraham's faith: "By faith, Abraham obeyed when he was
called to go out to a place which he was to receive as an
inheritance; and he went out, not knowing where he was
to go." 4 By faith, he lived as a stranger and pilgrim in the
promised land. 5 By faith, Sarah was given to conceive
the son of the promise. And by faith Abraham offered his
only son in sacrifice.6
146 Abraham thus fulfills the definition of faith in
Hebrews 11:1: "Faith is the assurance of things hoped for,
the conviction of things not seen": 7 "Abraham believed
God, and it was reckoned to him as righteousness." 8
Because he was "strong in his faith", Abraham became
the "father of all who believe". 9
147 The Old Testament is rich in witnesses to this faith.
The Letter to the Hebrews proclaims its eulogy of the
exemplary faith of the ancestors who "received divine
approval". 10 Yet "God had foreseen something better for
us": the grace of believing in his Son Jesus, "the pioneer
and perfecter of our faith". 11
Mary - "Blessed is she who believed"
148 The Virgin Mary most perfectly embodies the
obedience of faith. By faith Mary welcomes the tidings
and promise brought by the angel Gabriel, believing that
"with God nothing will be impossible" and so giving her
assent: "Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be
[done] to me according to your word." 12 Elizabeth
greeted her: "Blessed is she who believed that there
would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from
the Lord." 13 It is for this faith that all generations have
called Mary blessed. 14
149 Throughout her life and until her last ordeal15 when
Jesus her son died on the cross, Mary's faith never
wavered. She never ceased to believe in the fulfillment of
God's word. And so the Church venerates in Mary the
purest realization of faith.
II. "I KNOW WHOM I HAVE BELIEVED" 16
To believe in God alone
150 Faith is first of all a personal adherence of man to
God. At the same time, and inseparably, it is a free assent
to the whole truth that God has revealed. As personal
adherence to God and assent to his truth, Christian faith
differs from our faith in any human person. It is right and
just to entrust oneself wholly to God and to believe
absolutely what he says. It would be futile and false to
place such faith in a creature. 17
To believe in Jesus Christ, the Son of God
151 For a Christian, believing in God cannot be separated
from believing in the One he sent, his "beloved Son", in
whom the Father is "well pleased"; God tells us to listen
to him. 18 The Lord himself said to his disciples: "Believe
in God, believe also in me." 19 We can believe in Jesus
Christ because he is himself God, the Word made flesh:
"No one has ever seen God; the only Son, who is in the
bosom of the Father, he has made him known." 20
Because he "has seen the Father", Jesus Christ is the
only one who knows him and can reveal him. 21
To believe in the Holy Spirit
152 One cannot believe in Jesus Christ without sharing
in his Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who reveals to men who
Jesus is. For "no one can say "Jesus is Lord", except by
the Holy Spirit", 22 who "searches everything, even the
depths of God. . No one comprehends the thoughts of
God, except the Spirit of God."23 Only God knows God
completely: we believe in the Holy Spirit because he is
God.
The Church never ceases to proclaim her faith in one only
God: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
III. THE CHARACTERISTICS OF FAITH
Faith is a grace
153 When St. Peter confessed that Jesus is the Christ,
the Son of the living God, Jesus declared to him that this
revelation did not come "from flesh and blood", but from
"my Father who is in heaven". 24 Faith is a gift of God, a
supernatural virtue infused by him. "Before this faith can be
exercised, man must have the grace of God to move and
assist him; he must have the interior helps of the Holy
Spirit, who moves the heart and converts it to God, who
opens the eyes of the mind and 'makes it easy for all to
accept and believe the truth.'" 25
Faith is a human act
154 Believing is possible only by grace and the interior
helps of the Holy Spirit. But it is no less true that
believing is an authentically human act. Trusting in God
and cleaving to the truths he has revealed is contrary
neither to human freedom nor to human reason. Even in
human relations it is not contrary to our dignity to believe
what other persons tell us about themselves and their
intentions, or to trust their promises (for example, when
a man and a woman marry) to share a communion of life
with one another. If this is so, still less is it contrary to
our dignity to "yield by faith the full submission of. . .
intellect and will to God who reveals", 26 and to share in
an interior communion with him.
155 In faith, the human intellect and will cooperate with
divine grace: "Believing is an act of the intellect
assenting to the divine truth by command of the will
moved by God through grace." 27
Faith and understanding
156 What moves us to believe is not the fact that
revealed truths appear as true and intelligible in the light
of our natural reason: we believe "because of the
authority of God himself who reveals them, who can
neither deceive nor be deceived". 28 So "that the
submission of our faith might nevertheless be in
accordance with reason, God willed that external proofs
of his Revelation should be joined to the internal helps of
the Holy Spirit." 29 Thus the miracles of Christ and the
saints, prophecies, the Church's growth and holiness,
and her fruitfulness and stability "are the most certain
signs of divine Revelation, adapted to the intelligence of
all"; they are "motives of credibility" ( motiva credibilitatis),
which show that the assent of faith is "by no means a
blind impulse of the mind".30
157 Faith is certain. It is more certain than all human
knowledge because it is founded on the very word of
God who cannot lie. To be sure, revealed truths can
seem obscure to human reason and experience, but "the
certainty that the divine light gives is greater than that
which the light of natural reason gives." 31 "Ten thousand
difficulties do not make one doubt." 32
158 "Faith seeks understanding ": 33 it is intrinsic to faith
that a believer desires to know better the One in whom
he has put his faith, and to understand better what He
has revealed; a more penetrating knowledge will in turn
call forth a greater faith, increasingly set afire by love.
The grace of faith opens "the eyes of your hearts" 34 to a
lively understanding of the contents of Revelation: that
is, of the totality of God's plan and the mysteries of
faith, of their connection with each other and with Christ,
the center of the revealed mystery. "The same Holy Spirit
constantly perfects faith by his gifts, so that Revelation
may be more and more profoundly understood." 35 In the
words of St. Augustine, "I believe, in order to
understand; and I understand, the better to believe." 36
159 Faith and science : "Though faith is above reason,
there can never be any real discrepancy between faith
and reason. Since the same God who reveals mysteries
and infuses faith has bestowed the light of reason on
the human mind, God cannot deny himself, nor can truth
ever contradict truth." 37 "Consequently, methodical
research in all branches of knowledge, provided it is
carried out in a truly scientific manner and does not
override moral laws, can never conflict with the faith,
because the things of the world and the things of faith
derive from the same God. The humble and persevering
investigator of the secrets of nature is being led, as it
were, by the hand of God in spite of himself, for it is
God, the conserver of all things, who made them what
they are." 38
The freedom of faith
160 To be human, "man's response to God by faith must
be free, and. . . therefore nobody is to be forced to
embrace the faith against his will. The act of faith is of
its very nature a free act." 39 "God calls men to serve him
in spirit and in truth. Consequently they are bound to
him in conscience, but not coerced. . . This fact received
its fullest manifestation in Christ Jesus." 40 Indeed, Christ
invited people to faith and conversion, but never coerced
them. "For he bore witness to the truth but refused to
use force to impose it on those who spoke against it. His
kingdom. . . grows by the love with which Christ, lifted
up on the cross, draws men to himself." 41
The necessity of faith
161 Believing in Jesus Christ and in the One who sent
him for our salvation is necessary for obtaining that
salvation.42 "Since "without faith it is impossible to
please [God]" and to attain to the fellowship of his sons,
therefore without faith no one has ever attained
justification, nor will anyone obtain eternal life 'But he
who endures to the end.'" 43
Perseverance in faith
162 Faith is an entirely free gift that God makes to man.
We can lose this priceless gift, as St. Paul indicated to
St. Timothy: "Wage the good warfare, holding faith and a
good conscience. By rejecting conscience, certain
persons have made shipwreck of their faith." 44 To live,
grow and persevere in the faith until the end we must
nourish it with the word of God; we must beg the Lord to
increase our faith; 45 it must be "working through
charity," abounding in hope, and rooted in the faith of
the Church. 46
Faith - the beginning of eternal life
163 Faith makes us taste in advance the light of the
beatific vision, the goal of our journey here below. Then
we shall see God "face to face", "as he is".47 So faith is
already the beginning of eternal life:
When we contemplate the blessings of faith even now,
as if gazing at a reflection in a mirror, it is as if we
already possessed the wonderful things which our faith
assures us we shall one day enjoy. 48
164 Now, however, "we walk by faith, not by sight";49 we
perceive God as "in a mirror, dimly" and only "in part". 50
Even though enlightened by him in whom it believes,
faith is often lived in darkness and can be put to the
test. The world we live in often seems very far from the
one promised us by faith. Our experiences of evil and
suffering, injustice and death, seem to contradict the
Good News; they can shake our faith and become a
temptation against it.
165 It is then we must turn to the witnesses of faith : to
Abraham, who "in hope. . . believed against hope"; 51 to
the Virgin Mary, who, in "her pilgrimage of faith", walked
into the "night of faith"52 in sharing the darkness of her
son's suffering and death; and to so many others:
"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud
of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin
which clings so closely, and let us run with perseverance
the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus the
pioneer and perfecter of our faith."
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:22am On Jun 25, 2018
THE LANGUAGE OF FAITH 170 We do not believe in formulas, but in those realities they express, which faith allows us to touch. "The believer's act [of faith] does not terminate in the propositions, but in the realities [which they express]." 56 All the same, we do approach these realities with the help of formulations of the faith which permit us to express the faith and to hand it on, to celebrate it in community, to assimilate and live on it more and more. 171 The Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth", faithfully guards "the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints". She guards the memory of Christ's words; it is she who from generation to generation hands on the apostles' confession of faith.57 As a mother who teaches her children to speak and so to understand and communicate, the Church our Mother teaches us the language of faith in order to introduce us to the understanding and the life of faith. III. ONLY ONE FAITH 172 Through the centuries, in so many languages, cultures, peoples and nations, the Church has constantly confessed this one faith, received from the one Lord, transmitted by one Baptism, and grounded in the conviction that all people have only one God and Father. 58 St. Irenaeus of Lyons, a witness of this faith, declared: 173 "Indeed, the Church, though scattered throughout the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, having received the faith from the apostles and their disciples. . . guards [this preaching and faith] with care, as dwelling in but a single house, and similarly believes as if having but one soul and a single heart, and preaches, teaches and hands on this faith with a unanimous voice, as if possessing only one mouth." 59 174 "For though languages differ throughout the world, the content of the Tradition is one and the same. The Churches established in Germany have no other faith or Tradition, nor do those of the Iberians, nor those of the Celts, nor those of the East, of Egypt, of Libya, nor those established at the center of the world. . ." 60 The Church's message "is true and solid, in which one and the same way of salvation appears throughout the whole world." 61 175 "We guard with care the faith that we have received from the Church, for without ceasing, under the action of God's Spirit, this deposit of great price, as if in an excellent vessel, is constantly being renewed and causes the very vessel that contains it to be renewed." 62 IN BRIEF 176 Faith is a personal adherence of the whole man to God who reveals himself. It involves an assent of the intellect and will to the self-revelation God has made through his deeds and words. 177 "To believe" has thus a twofold reference: to the person, and to the truth: to the truth, by trust in the person who bears witness to it. 178 We must believe in no one but God: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. 179 Faith is a supernatural gift from God. In order to believe, man needs the interior helps of the Holy Spirit. 180 "Believing" is a human act, conscious and free, corresponding to the dignity of the human person. 181 "Believing" is an ecclesial act. The Church's faith precedes, engenders, supports and nourishes our faith. The Church is the mother of all believers. "No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother" (St. Cyprian, De unit . 6: PL 4, 519). 182 We believe all "that which is contained in the word of God, written or handed down, and which the Church proposes for belief as divinely revealed" (Paul VI, CPG § 20). 183 Faith is necessary for salvation. The Lord himself affirms: "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (Mk 16:16). 184 "Faith is a foretaste of the knowledge that will make us blessed in the life to come" (St. Thomas Aquinas. Comp. theol. 1, 2).
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2018
brocab:
Uben have you read this, 9 inches shared this site.
http://catholicchampion..qa/2010/10/rationalism-vs-faith-protestantism-vs.html
Pope Francis and Death Penalty
Lets translate the current Catechism into modernistic Francis language everyone can understand, it should have said "the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the inhumane measures of the death penalty."
Today pope Francis has announced his method of spreading confusion across the Church like wildfire. Francis communicates to us something that has never been a part of preaching the Gospel.
He said, "It is not enough to find a new language in which to articulate our perennial faith; it is also urgent, in the light of the new challenges and prospects facing humanity, that the Church be able to express the “new things” of Christ’s Gospel, that, albeit present in the word of God, have not yet come to light. This is the treasury of “things old and new” of which Jesus spoke when he invited his disciples to teach the newness that he had brought, without forsaking the old (cf. Mt 13:52)."
Francis has now invented his own Gospel. He says it is not enough to ensure we are preaching the perennial faith with sufficient language to meet our time, but that now we must express, "new things"! Now we are supposed to be finding things in the Word of God that we have never heard of? Did Jesus speak of this in Matthew 13:52? I think not.
Lets look at the passage. He said unto them: Therefore every scribe instructed in the kingdom of heaven, is like to a man that is a householder, who bringeth forth out of his treasure new things and old.
Jesus here according to Saint Thomas is speaking about the sacred teaching itself which Jesus was communicating to his followers which he also calls scribes. Why was he calling them scribes? Because they would be similar to the scribes of old, they would teach the Gospel instead of the old law.
They can discuss the the kingdom of God and Sacred teaching, wherein things new and old are contained. "Behold I send you prophets, and wise men and scribes." Dan 12:10 They are also called scribes because they are Christ's secretaries.
Jesus taught them in parables so they would see the fulfillment of the Old Law in the New. Thomas says according to Gregory, the old things refer to all those things which are attributed to sin, and the new to those things which are attributed to the grace of Christ and eternal life. (Taken from St Thomas' Commentary on Matthew)
How on earth does this refer to "new things" that we have never heard of over the past 2000 years the Church has been preaching the Gospel? Francis is simply inventing new teaching. As we all know, Divine Revelation closed with the death of the last apostle. We can only delve deeper into the existing, perennial teaching that we have been given at the outset. So yes, it is enough to articulate our perennial faith to the world, because like God it is the same today and forever.
Then Francis then drops one of his "new things" on us. He invents a new teaching out of thin air! Brace yourselves!
I would like now to bring up a subject that ought to find in the Catechism of the Catholic Church a more adequate and coherent treatment in the light of these expressed aims. I am speaking of the death penalty.
This issue cannot be reduced to a mere résumé of traditional teaching without taking into account not only the doctrine as it has developed in the teaching of recent Popes, but also the change in the awareness of the Christian people which rejects an attitude of complacency before a punishment deeply injurious of human dignity.
It must be clearly stated that the death penalty is an inhumane measure that, regardless of how it is carried out, abases human dignity.
It is per se contrary to the Gospel, because it entails the willful suppression of a human life that never ceases to be sacred in the eyes of its Creator and of which – ultimately – only God is the true judge and guarantor.

So the "new thing" is now condemning 2000 years of Christian teaching which teaches that the death penalty is a legitimate form of punishment.
What Francis is really saying is that the Church taught and upheld an act which was contrary to human dignity, contrary to the Gospel, and he is the one who is going to correct it. If it goes against the Gospel, then the Catholic Church has been teaching something contrary to the Gospel for 2000 years! We all know this is an impossibility.
Better yet, he is calling Pope Pius XII and many other popes monsters who were promoting heinous acts against human dignity!
His predecessors were promoting an act as being a legitimate form of punishment that was really contrary to the Gospel!
Is Pope Pius XII so far removed from our advanced society that he did not realize this? If you think so I have ocean front property to sell you in Kansas. Do we see what this kind of thinking leads us? This is modernism at its finest! He is claiming that this is a development. Does he know the definition of development? Development means the teaching is the same, we just understand it more fully. Development is not that we overturn the teaching and then label it a development.
Everyone who came before Francis was wrong, and he is right.
This is the leitmotif of his papal occupation. Francis knows better than all the popes who came before him. Francis knows the "new things" that no one else ever knew!

Almost sounds like the Gnostics no? As for me, the Church teaching is what it is. For now the Catechism teaches, "Assuming that the guilty party's identity and responsibility have been fully determined, the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the death penalty..." Guess what, if the act was contrary to the Gospel, this could never have been said in the Catechism!
Lets translate this into modernistic Francis language everyone can understand, it should have said "the traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude recourse to the inhumane measures of the death penalty." I feel ashamed for anyone who falls for this "new thing." Do you think we are idiots? As you can tell I am a bit miffed at this whole debacle.

Above: Pope Pius XII now according to Francis a monster who promoted inhumane acts against human dignity!

Even in the case of the death penalty the State does not dispose of the individual’s right to life. Rather public authority limits itself to depriving the offender of the good of life in expiation for his guilt, after he, through his crime, deprived himself of his own right to life.
(Pius XII, Address to the First International Congress of Histopathology of the Nervous System, 14 September 1952, XIV, 328)

the death penalty is a punishment of last resort, when there is no other way to stop a criminal. but in Europe and America today there exist more humane ways to stop a criminal than death and in these places the church advocate an end to the death penalty as inhumane. this wasn't invented by Francis both pope Benedict and John Paul said the same. death penalty should not be used when other opt
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:39am On Jun 25, 2018
adegeye38:

then you are ignorant of what Catholics teach, because we too speak in tongues are filled with the holy spirit, we are born again, delivered from sin through Christ. teach Holiness and have an intimate relationship with God.

added to this we are the original Church formed by the apostles we compiled the new testament you are using and have witness to the gospel for 2000 years Pentecostalism began in the 1990 less than 100 years ago, Protestantism began in the 1600 about 500 years ago. both Pentecostal and Protestant churches were formed by men, the Catholic Church was formed by Jesus and his apostles.

2 Likes

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 12:55am On Jun 26, 2018
Ubenedictus:
THE LANGUAGE OF FAITH
20). 183 Faith is necessary for salvation. The Lord himself affirms: "He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned" (Mk 16:16).
Uben, how does a infant know how to believe and how not to believe?
{Mark 16:16} Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
Ubenedictus:
57 As a mother who teaches her children to speak and so to understand and communicate, the Church our Mother teaches us the language of faith in order to introduce us to the understanding and the life of faith.
Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to teach us all things! Through pastors, evangelist, teachers, priest, Popes, anybody-everyone should be tested by our words we speak about God, about Mary, everything concerning the Word of God.
{1 Thessalonians 5:2, 1 John 4:1} Test everything! "Because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
{John 14:25-26} All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
{1 John 2:27} And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.
I myself believe every word the Spirit of God teaches me, I listen to pastors, priests, but I also test the Words they speak, and if it doesn't line up with the Word of God, then what they preach is flesh.
Ubenedictus:

181 "Believing" is an ecclesial act. The Church's faith precedes, engenders, supports and nourishes our faith. The Church is the mother of all believers. "No one can have God as Father who does not have the Church as Mother" (St. Cyprian, De unit . 6: PL 4, 519).
{Colossians 1:24} For the sake of the body which is the Church.
{Colossians 1:18} And he is the head of the body, the church:
{Ephesians 3:6} That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
{Ephesians 5:23} For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
I suppose this is the question we need to ask ourselves, {1 Timothy 2:5} who is the “one mediator between God and humankind?
How long will it take before you read the bible, these pointless arguments had been going on for centuries, Christians don't pray to any other, but Jesus alone, we don't pray "to" Mary nor the saints, they have already passed, Christians pray "to" the living Father Jesus. The scriptures tells us He is the Head we are the body, the Church, "this isn't a trick question, this is the truth!
Ubenedictus:
THE LANGUAGE OF FAITH
170 We do not believe in formulas, but in those realities
they express, which faith allows us to touch. "The
believer's act [of faith] does not terminate in the
propositions, but in the realities [which they express]." 56
All the same, we do approach these realities with the
help of formulations of the faith which permit us to
express the faith and to hand it on, to celebrate it in
community, to assimilate and live on it more and more.
171 The Church, "the pillar and bulwark of the truth",
faithfully guards "the faith which was once for all
delivered to the saints". She guards the memory of
Christ's words; it is she who from generation to
generation hands on the apostles' confession of faith.57
As a mother who teaches her children to speak and so
to understand and communicate, the Church our Mother
teaches us the language of faith in order to introduce us
to the understanding and the life of faith.
III. ONLY ONE FAITH
172 Through the centuries, in so many languages,
cultures, peoples and nations, the Church has constantly
confessed this one faith, received from the one Lord,
transmitted by one Baptism, and grounded in the
conviction that all people have only one God and
Father. 58 St. Irenaeus of Lyons, a witness of this faith,
declared:
173 "Indeed, the Church, though scattered throughout
the whole world, even to the ends of the earth, having
received the faith from the apostles and their
disciples. . . guards [this preaching and faith] with care,
as dwelling in but a single house, and similarly believes
as if having but one soul and a single heart, and
preaches, teaches and hands on this faith with a
unanimous voice, as if possessing only one mouth." 59
174 "For though languages differ throughout the world,
the content of the Tradition is one and the same. The
Churches established in Germany have no other faith or
Tradition, nor do those of the Iberians, nor those of the
Celts, nor those of the East, of Egypt, of Libya, nor those
established at the center of the world. . ." 60 The
Church's message "is true and solid, in which one and
the same way of salvation appears throughout the whole
world." 61
175 "We guard with care the faith that we have received
from the Church, for without ceasing, under the action
of God's Spirit, this deposit of great price, as if in an
excellent vessel, is constantly being renewed and causes
the very vessel that contains it to be renewed." 62
IN BRIEF
176 Faith is a personal adherence of the whole man to
God who reveals himself. It involves an assent of the
intellect and will to the self-revelation God has made
through his deeds and words.
177 "To believe" has thus a twofold reference: to the
person, and to the truth: to the truth, by trust in the
person who bears witness to it.
178 We must believe in no one but God: the Father, the
Son and the Holy Spirit.
179 Faith is a supernatural gift from God. In order to
believe, man needs the interior helps of the Holy Spirit.
180 "Believing" is a human act, conscious and free,
corresponding to the dignity of the human person.
181 "Believing" is an ecclesial act. The Church's faith
precedes, engenders, supports and nourishes our faith.
The Church is the mother of all believers. "No one can
have God as Father who does not have the Church as
Mother" (St. Cyprian, De unit . 6: PL 4, 519).
182 We believe all "that which is contained in the word
of God, written or handed down, and which the Church
proposes for belief as divinely revealed" (Paul VI, CPG §
20).
183 Faith is necessary for salvation. The Lord himself
affirms: "He who believes and is baptized will be saved;
but he who does not believe will be condemned" (Mk
16:16).
184 "Faith is a foretaste of the knowledge that will make
us blessed in the life to come" (St. Thomas Aquinas.
Comp. theol. 1, 2).
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 1:20am On Jun 26, 2018
And the bottom line is asked, who are the Criminals? And who were the Criminals back in the day's when it was the Catholic Church burning Christians to the stake..Who are the Criminals who are calling for a One World Religion..
Ubenedictus:

the death penalty is a punishment of last resort, when there is no other way to stop a criminal. but in Europe and America today there exist more humane ways to stop a criminal than death and in these places the church advocate an end to the death penalty as inhumane. this wasn't invented by Francis both pope Benedict and John Paul said the same. death penalty should not be used when other opt
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 2:09am On Jun 26, 2018
This is only your say so, because speaking in tongues is not really a key way to claim you are saved or not, and plus if someone came to me, and spoke another language it doesn't mean they are gifted with the Holy Spirit, "and if you were Spirit filled born again Christian, we will know you by the fruit you speak, but sadly your knowledge about Mary-and the language you speak off, does not line up with the Word of God!
So Old testament Catholic Church stood first, New testament Catholic Church stands last! Jesus made a new Covenant with His people, those who believe in Me and do the works in Me shall be saved! {John 5:24, John 14:12} whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life! Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing.
What was first from Old teachings of the Catholic Church is now last-they teach praying through "To" Mary and the saint's, will bring them closer to God, this isn't what Jesus meant.
{Matthew 20:16} So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
So it doesn't matter how long your Church in Rome stood, you may be first, now you are last.
{Romans 8:27-28} And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. "And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.
This isn't just about the Catholic Church-it's God's purpose where He gathers His people, His Church isn't just a old building that stands in Rome, you, your comrades believe we came out from the Catholic Church first?
Then at least without any questions, asked, take on your responsibilities and agree it's the Churches fault why the Church scattered God's people around the neighbourhoods-take on your responsibilities why the Church didn't feed the People the Word of God in the first place.
{Ezekiel 34: 5-10} They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and when they were scattered, they became food for all the wild beasts.
My flock went astray on all the mountains and every high hill. They were scattered over the face of all the earth, with no one to search or seek for them.’ Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD: “As I live,” says the Lord God, “surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became food for every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, nor did My shepherds search for My flock, but the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock, therefore, O shepherds, hear the word of the Lord!
Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they may no longer be food for them.”
Uben since you believe that the Catholic Church is Mother Church, then your Church should gladly take on all the responsibilities, with no questions asked! Why didn't the Catholic Church feed the flock with the Word of God, why did the Catholic Church not send her servants out to help bring God's people back, when it was the Catholic Church that pushed God's people away in the first place!
Ubenedictus:
then you are ignorant of what Catholics teach, because we too speak in tongues are filled with the holy spirit, we are born again, delivered from sin through Christ. teach Holiness and have an intimate relationship with God.

added to this we are the original Church formed by the apostles we compiled the new testament you are using and have witness to the gospel for 2000 years Pentecostalism began in the 1990 less than 100 years ago, Protestantism began in the 1600 about 500 years ago. both Pentecostal and Protestant churches were formed by men, the Catholic Church was formed by Jesus and his apostles.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 4:22am On Jun 26, 2018
All I can say, with the knowledge I have received either by you, or your comrades, and the knowledge I have studied, I know the Catholic Church doesn't like using the Word of God as their study guide!
And after the disciples had been driven from Jerusalem by persecution from the Romans, the apostles went underground, and the gospel message spread rapidly through the regions lying beyond the limits of Palestine; and many small companies of believers were formed in important centers. Some of the disciples "traveled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word." Their labors were usually confined to the Hebrew and Greek Jews, large colonies of whom were at this time to be found in nearly all the cities of the world.
But all in all, the gospel started in Jerusalem, and how they teach in Rome-I am not surprised what they teach in Antioch since it is Rome. We just need to visit the Vatican placed in Rome to know the in and out's of paganism..
Ubenedictus:

so you don't know the Church of Antioch was part of the Catholic Church and a part of the Church later fell into schism in 1054-1400, the melkites of the Church of Antioch are still part of the Catholic Church even till today. they are melkite Catholics.

Christianity began in Jerusalem not Rome, they were first called Christian in Antioch and Rome became the preeminent see since it is the Church of the apostle Peter and Paul. the patriarch of Antioch always had Communion with the bishops of Rome even till today the melkites are still in communion with Rome.

lastly, have you ever attended the "service" of the Antiochene Church? they are 96% similar to Catholic Church in both worship and doctrine. and even there bishops will tell you that before they entered schism, the Catholic pope had the highest honor among the bishops and they were all in Communion with Rome.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
brocab:
All I can say, with the knowledge I have received either by you, or your comrades, and the knowledge I have studied, I know the Catholic Church doesn't like using the Word of God as their study guide!
then you are again misinformed, Catholics tend to practice prima scriptura, every day at mass it is scriptures, even when we pray we pray scriptures, we study scriptures and love it.
And after the disciples had been driven from Jerusalem by persecution from the Romans, the apostles went underground, and the gospel message spread rapidly through the regions lying beyond the limits of Palestine; and many small companies of believers were formed in important centers. Some of the disciples "traveled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word." Their labors were usually confined to the Hebrew and Greek Jews, large colonies of whom were at this time to be found in nearly all the cities of the world.
[color=#000099]But all in all, the gospel started in Jerusalem, and how they teach in Rome-I am not surprised what they teach in Antioch since it is Rome. We just need to visit the Vatican placed in Rome to know the in and out's of paganism..
there is no paganism in the Vatican, the same way Catholics worship is the same way the early Church worshipped, the early Church was Catholic
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:05pm On Jun 26, 2018
brocab:
This is only your say so, because speaking in tongues is not really a key way to claim you are saved or not, and plus if someone came to me, and spoke another language it doesn't mean they are gifted with the Holy Spirit, "and if you were Spirit filled born again Christian, we will know you by the fruit you speak, but sadly your knowledge about Mary-and the language you speak off, does not line up with the Word of God!
So Old testament Catholic Church stood first, New testament Catholic Church stands last! Jesus made a new Covenant with His people, those who believe in Me and do the works in Me shall be saved! {John 5:24, John 14:12} whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life! Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing.
What was first from Old teachings of the Catholic Church is now last-they teach praying through "To" Mary and the saint's, will bring them closer to God, this isn't what Jesus meant.
{Matthew 20:16} So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.
So it doesn't matter how long your Church in Rome stood, you may be first, now you are last.
{Romans 8:27-28} And He who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. "And we know that God works all things together for the good of those who love Him, who are called according to His purpose.
This isn't just about the Catholic Church-it's God's purpose where He gathers His people, His Church isn't just a old building that stands in Rome, you, your comrades believe we came out from the Catholic Church first?
Then at least without any questions, asked, take on your responsibilities and agree it's the Churches fault why the Church scattered God's people around the neighbourhoods-take on your responsibilities why the Church didn't feed the People the Word of God in the first place.
{Ezekiel 34: 5-10} They were scattered for lack of a shepherd, and when they were scattered, they became food for all the wild beasts.
My flock went astray on all the mountains and every high hill. They were scattered over the face of all the earth, with no one to search or seek for them.’ Therefore, you shepherds, hear the word of the LORD: “As I live,” says the Lord God, “surely because My flock became a prey, and My flock became food for every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, nor did My shepherds search for My flock, but the shepherds fed themselves and did not feed My flock, therefore, O shepherds, hear the word of the Lord!
Thus says the Lord God: “Behold, I am against the shepherds, and I will require My flock at their hand; I will cause them to cease feeding the sheep, and the shepherds shall feed themselves no more; for I will deliver My flock from their mouths, that they may no longer be food for them.”
Uben since you believe that the Catholic Church is Mother Church, then your Church should gladly take on all the responsibilities, with no questions asked! Why didn't the Catholic Church feed the flock with the Word of God, why did the Catholic Church not send her servants out to help bring God's people back, when it was the Catholic Church that pushed God's people away in the first place!
I think you should be asking your pastors these questions, they are the ones who broke up the Church to form businesses because of gain and fame.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
brocab:

Uben, how does a infant know how to believe and how not to believe?
{Mark 16:16} Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.
a household may be baptised based on the faith of its head, the prisoner in acts and the several households baptised are examples

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to teach us all things! Through pastors, evangelist, teachers, priest, Popes, anybody-everyone should be tested by our words we speak about God, about Mary, everything concerning the Word of God.[/color]
{1 Thessalonians 5:2, 1 John 4:1} Test everything! "Because many false prophets have gone out into the world.
{John 14:25-26} All this I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have told you.
{1 John 2:27} And as for you, the anointing you received from Him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But just as His true and genuine anointing teaches you about all things, so remain in Him as you have been taught.
I myself believe every word the Spirit of God teaches me, I listen to pastors, priests, but I also test the Words they speak, and if it doesn't line up with the Word of God, then what they preach is flesh.
Amen, the HOLY spirit was sent to the Church to lead her to the truth and he still continue to teach through the Church today.

{Colossians 1:24} For the sake of the body which is the Church.
{Colossians 1:18} And he is the head of the body, the church:
{Ephesians 3:6} That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
{Ephesians 5:23} For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
I suppose this is the question we need to ask ourselves, {1 Timothy 2:5} who is the “one mediator between God and humankind?
How long will it take before you read the bible, these pointless arguments had been going on for centuries, Christians don't pray to any other, but Jesus alone, we don't pray "to" Mary nor the saints, they have already passed, Christians pray "to" the living Father Jesus. The scriptures tells us He is the Head we are the body, the Church, "this isn't a trick question, this is the truth!
why do you find it hard to stick on topic, the issue is about faith, when you want to discuss the Communion of saint or the Church or intercession quote the relevant part of the catechism and then critique it.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
brocab:
And the bottom line is asked, who are the Criminals? And who were the Criminals back in the day's when it was the Catholic Church burning Christians to the stake..Who are the Criminals who are calling for a One World Religion..
criminals are people who commit crime(s), the Church didn't burn Christians, the state condemned unrepentant heretics who were bent on spreading their errors, heresy was a capital crime.

I don't know anyone who calls for a one world religion.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
Rightly you had answered my question>criminals are people who commit crime(s) we just need to turn the page, and look at the many Churches today, involved in Child molestation, and yet the Church keeps it all under a hat-hoping no-one will recognise it's happening.
These are the crimes that needs to be reported to the state-not some head who believes he is God on earth.
Next the Pope steps up to "apologize" for killing hundreds of millions of Christians so as to further uplift his public relations image.
Ubenedictus:
WHEN UNITY IS EVIL – ONE WORLD RELIGION BEING USHERED IN BY POPE FRANCIS Published on June 24, 2016...
Lets read what it say's, back then, and how the world see's it's fruit.
"We have a one world court system start up in 1999.
Wolves in sheep clothing are returning back to the Catholic Church "Billy Graham, Robert Schuller and the Pope himself declaring Jesus not needed for salvation so as to lower the defenses of all the non-Christian religions who want to join to better fill the ecumenical pews.
Then to further convince the non-Christian religions that the Pope is serious about joining, they start a Bible hate speech campaign that flourishes to this day.
Next the Pope steps up to "apologize" for killing hundreds of millions of Christians so as to further uplift his public relations image.
Then a one world church starts up in mid-2000 followed in Autumn by a one world government foundation being set. Not long after that we see the 501c3 that not only creates an image to the Vatican structure by joining all states and churches together as one, it allows the pastors of those churches to be considered official government agents with the ability to lobby law.
Next we see the Pope and all the churches (including the SDA church) declaring Allah is God so as to make the Muslims feel as if they too are brethren in Rome one world church, and then to further push the envelope of inclusiveness, not only do they legalize homosexual marriage they sanction it in all the churches, (including the SDA church) so as to have the pews filled to capacity.
Then we see the Pope prays to many false gods and embraces them on camera with their worshippers as if we are all one in agreement on how to worship the God of the Bible? Uben choosing to hide from the truth won't support you, the news is everywhere about Pope Francis bowing down to all god's in all religions around the world. "And don't forget what the Pope does, Uben, you do say Amen?
Ubenedictus:
criminals are people who commit crime(s), the Church didn't burn Christians, the state condemned unrepentant heretics who were bent on spreading their errors, heresy was a capital crime.

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 12:26am On Jun 27, 2018
I have asked, and they all said the same, ask the Catholic's why they didn't feed the sheep! Ask the Catholic's why they aren't feeding the sheep now?
Ubenedictus:
I think you should be asking your pastors these questions, they are the ones who broke up the Church to form businesses because of gain and fame.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 12:38am On Jun 27, 2018
I didn't know the subject was just about faith? You didn't inform me faith was your main topic, you wrote something other then faith and I answered 57 and 181 on your request, the problem is Uben you try to lay the guilt upon others, because the truth of the matter is you can't come back with answers, plus Uben where is your faith, when you show no faith!
How does one claim to have faith in God who lives, and yet show more faith to a Mother that once lived?
Ubenedictus:
why do you find it hard to stick on topic, the issue is about faith,
Faith is the Word of God, the problem is Uben, you are so caught up with tradition, it gets in your way to acknowledge what faith is, "You don't answer topic's because you can't, even if you had tried, you can't, because you have not received the Spirit of God.
{Romans 10:17} So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
Meaning faith is not scattered in different directions about different beliefs.
Ubenedictus:
Amen, the HOLY spirit was sent to the Church to lead her to the truth and he still continue to teach through the Church today.
And the Holy Spirit was given to the body of believers-whom formed into a Church structure, that is the bride of Christ, Jesus is not planning to marry His Mother out from the Catholic Church.
The Church structure is made of believers, who have chosen to stand together in one accord! "This is the Church, Christ speaks about.
Do the Catholic's all stand together in one accord, "No" they are universal-the Pope bows down before Allah, before the Hindi god, a Church claiming to be universal can never stand as one Church-bowing down before other god's will open doors into the spirit realm, Pope Francis bowed down before Allah and the Hindi god, wrong doors opens up wrong Spirits.
This doesn't sound like a Church standing fern in one accord, do you realise there is more to just believing in Christ-as we can see the Pope believes in something, and of course he was baptised at birth like everybody else that became Catholic's, Roman Catholic's, Baptist, etc, but the truth is, not everybody are saved in Christ, because of some decision made by the parents at birth!
And by the looks of this, the Pope isn't saved, and of course parents who have never been taught the truth, do make wrong choices..
The truth of the matter is, God seeks who He calls, and then it's up to us to make our decision, not everybody chooses to make the right decision to follow just Christ-you believe in tradition like the Pope does, he bows before other god's-he prays through "To" other god's, you bow and pray to Mary and the saints!
But don't forget God watches everything we do, and the Word say's, many are called but few are chosen!
{Luke 4:18} "The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor.
Not everybody that calls themselves Christian preach the good news about Christ, not everyone is anointed to preach the Gospel, because not everyone believes the Gospel! To preach the truth and receive the Spirit of God, one must be born again!
Ubenedictus:

a household may be baptised based on the faith of its head, the prisoner in acts and the several households baptised are examples

why do you find it hard to stick on topic, the issue is about faith, when you want to discuss the Communion of saint or the Church or intercession quote the relevant part of the catechism and then critique it.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 3:40am On Jun 27, 2018
Ubenedictus:
there is no paganism in the Vatican, the same way Catholics worship is the same way the early Church worshipped, the early Church was Catholic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOv3dyH4qmw
If there's no paganism, then this video doesn't exist along with the many other million copies that is shown around the world?
Ubenedictus:
then you are again misinformed, Catholics tend to practice prima scriptura, every day at mass it is scriptures, even when we pray we pray scriptures, we study scriptures and love it.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:31am On Jun 27, 2018
brocab:
Rightly you had answered my question>criminals are people who commit crime(s) we just need to turn the page, and look at the many Churches today, involved in Child molestation, and yet the Church keeps it all under a hat-hoping no-one will recognise it's happening.
These are the crimes that needs to be reported to the state-not some head who believes he is God on earth.

WHEN UNITY IS EVIL – ONE WORLD RELIGION BEING USHERED IN BY POPE FRANCIS Published on June 24, 2016...
Lets read what it say's, back then, and how the world see's it's fruit.
"We have a one world court system start up in 1999.
Wolves in sheep clothing are returning back to the Catholic Church "Billy Graham, Robert Schuller and the Pope himself declaring Jesus not needed for salvation so as to lower the defenses of all the non-Christian religions who want to join to better fill the ecumenical pews.
Then to further convince the non-Christian religions that the Pope is serious about joining, they start a Bible hate speech campaign that flourishes to this day.
Then a one world church starts up in mid-2000 followed in Autumn by a one world government foundation being set. Not long after that we see the 501c3 that not only creates an image to the Vatican structure by joining all states and churches together as one, it allows the pastors of those churches to be considered official government agents with the ability to lobby law.
Next we see the Pope and all the churches (including the SDA church) declaring Allah is God so as to make the Muslims feel as if they too are brethren in Rome one world church, and then to further push the envelope of inclusiveness, not only do they legalize homosexual marriage they sanction it in all the churches, (including the SDA church) so as to have the pews filled to capacity.
Then we see the Pope prays to many false gods and embraces them on camera with their worshippers as if we are all one in agreement on how to worship the God of the Bible? Uben choosing to hide from the truth won't support you, the news is everywhere about Pope Francis bowing down to all god's in all religions around the world. "And don't forget what the Pope does, Uben, you do say Amen?
you still can't provide a single quote for the Pope where he advocate for one world religion?

is it not time to drop these silly conspiracy theories?
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 9:38am On Jun 27, 2018
brocab:
I have asked, and they all said the same, ask the Catholic's why they didn't feed the sheep! Ask the Catholic's why they aren't feeding the sheep now?
the Church fed the sheep but there came false prophets, wolves in sheep clothing just as the Bible prophesied, they led the people astray while some shepherds were sleeping

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Need Deliverance From Powers From Fathers' House- Help Me Please / The Book Of Bible Gaffes / What Are Your Favourite Bible Characters?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 268
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.