Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility (17506 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by ShowYourCertificate: 6:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
crownprince102:

Nice question,

Note that if this innovation never existed in Nigeria, the poor will survive.

The N5000 only serve as assistance to the family. Except for spiritual cases, N60,000 is enough to start something reasonable in Nigeria of today.

This is more like a national cake, we can't get it all at a time.
Start something like what? What is the guarantee that the family would even save that money every month till it gets to 60K for the year? What's the guarantee that the saved money would be put to good use? Isn't this policy negating the principle of teaching people how to fish rather than giving them fish? What would be the criteria for selecting the indigent families knowing fully well that some non-indigent families might want to assess it?

2 Likes

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Atmmachine(m): 6:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
sarahatuba:

i meant i just replied ur msg smiley

Where ?? on [size=90pt]NAIRALAND ??[/size]

Nairaland is a public forum
You on facebook ??
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Toktee(m): 6:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
mashnino:

You even have the audacity to quote the Bible... My God..

there is no need talking to you again...

You ve been brainwashed by that garri,sugar and groundnut...

Dont worry...we the followers like it like dat... shey we follow Jonathan wey him carry me go?.. back to the 70s

Plz quote me another bible verse that talks about osinbanjo too... plz..
i was about to say the same thing,well,even the devil can do that,,this is the good reason while most of them are growing old at home without a man to marry them,their tongue.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by oluks05: 7:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
stagger:
I do not support paying any money to unemployed graduates or vulnerable families. But I wholeheartedly support school feeding. Several models have shown that it increases the enrolment in primary schools astronomically. We need our kids educated. The other day in Abuja, I saw a young boy hawking groundnut close to a garden where I was having lunch with a friend. Almost everyone there was asking the boy why he was not in school. Turned out the boy's mother is a widow who is finding it hard to cater to the family's needs, hence all her kids are being mobilized to hawk to augment what she makes in one of the outskirt markets in the FCT.

Now sending those kids to school where they are sure of a full stomach for the afternoon will make a big difference. This should be the first social program Buhari should face.

U jst said it all, the school feeding program shld be encouraged, even if its to get many of our children into the classroom. Its pathetic seeing children of school age loitering or hawking during school hour. As for the 5k ish, skill acquisition as far as am concerned is the way to go. "Teach them to fish"
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Litmus: 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Would be impossible to implement any meaningful social security type programs for Nigerians without good approximate figures for population and with wide open borders. Nigeria so need to understand Nigeria's parameters if she hopes to move to the next level of development, which would include modernised army and some form of social security.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by koladebrainiac(m): 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
kufuki land *mr bones on my mind
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Sweetguy25: 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
chysam:

If Nigeria's resources and economy is well managed,and all leakages blocked,can this project be possible?. Let us know.
Of course its possible even if leakages aren't blocked. It is just that some other expenditure will be ceased in make room for this new spending.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by honeric01(m): 7:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
abiodunalasa:
300b to be spent on ' 5million poor families' annually, at the rate of 5000 each !

In this globalizing economy ? Thats so insane !

5000 per month, pls what can that do ?

Why not take the gross amount of 300b to invest and then employ this 'poor folks' . Like that, even the rich folks will benefit !

What can 5k do in the lives of people who live below 200 a day? seriously?

secondly, do you know that these monies would partly still come back to the government since the monies would be spent within the country?
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Jesusloveyou: 7:19pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
The problem with your analysis...

1. Nigeria FG share in 2014 was N3,3trn
I explained this here https://www.nairaland.com/2267102/buhari-social-program-part-ii

Understanding FIRS 2014 Report:
FIRS announced that the sum of N4.69trn was generated in 2014. The report indicated that N2.45 trillion, representing 52.96 per cent, was collected from petroleum profit tax while N2.24 trillion, representing 47.04 per cent, was collected from non-oil taxes during the period.
Analysis
This sum(N4.69trn) is not independent of the published N8.785trn that Nigeria was said to earn between Jan 2014 and January 2014. It is a part and parcel of the total revenue.

How Much Did FG Get In 2014?
There is a consolidated Sharing formula between FG, States, LGs and Oil Producin States(13%) after operational and other associated cost has been deducted.
FG Earnings In 2014
1st Qtr: N912 billion
2nd Qtr: N864.2 billion
3rd Qtr: N924.68 billon
4th Qtr: N617.186 billion
Total 2014= N3.318trn

2014 Budget: N4.6trn
FG Projected Earning for 2014= N3.73tr
Real Earning = N3.318trn

We even ran on deficit in 2014.

2. Your use of "could" in generation of fund shows that you aren't emperical.

3. Obiagelli spoke out of ignorance. Using her ignorance shows you have no clue.

I even took my time to analyse the stuff if it is to move in batches

Finally, I have analysed carefully how it practically look impossible to get the funds. You shouldn't be using Obiagelli's "Revenue" when there is REAL figure to work with. Note that FG Revenue is inclusive of TAX from EVERY SOURCE Export Earnings

cc: Dearpreye firefire anonimi mogidi altwireless
u and oby base ur analysis on d failure of gej regime,did u think,things wil run d same way?if it is base on gej 4.5tr naira budget every year,why then should we clamour for a change,apc governors has prove they can improve our earnings,take for example,edo state use to generate 300m naira,since osho regime,he has increase to 3bnaira,in lagos from 2bnaira to 18b,that ur gej 8.75tr can be increase to 15tr,firstly that 1tr naira security budget wil not be again,1.2tr for subsidy wil not be there again,d loophole that pdp use to siphon wil be lock, all wil be enof for social welfare package.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by atlwireles: 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
Give it some more weeks your messiah will give you people the true state of government finance in Nigeria. How you people fail to understand the basic financial numbers in this land is sickening to say the least.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by honeric01(m): 7:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
oluks05:

U jst said it all, the school feeding program shld be encouraged, even if its to get many of our children into the classroom. Its pathetic seeing children of school age loitering or hawking during school hour. As for the 5k ish, skill acquisition as far as am concerned is the way to go. "Teach them to fish"

Does it mean some of you haven't been following issues during the election period?

The 5k is to encourage poor families into sending their kids to school..

As for the unemployed graduates..they are to get 10k per month for 1 year while going through skill acquisition training and are given soft loans after completion.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by guyX(m): 7:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
mashnino:

hahaha.... i knw you na..

shey ur name na guyx?..

na me just quote u nw nw
lol. chai u no well oh.
why i asked is 'cause I read geology in school.
and since you mentioned 'mining', thought you knew me.

1 Like

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Nobody: 7:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
u and oby base ur analysis on d failure of gej regime,did u think,things wil run d same way?if it is base on gej 4.5tr naira budget every year,why then should we clamour for a change,apc governors has prove they can improve our earnings,take for example,edo state use to generate 300m naira,since osho regime,he has increase to 3bnaira,in lagos from 2bnaira to 18b,that ur gej 8.75tr can be increase to 15tr,firstly that 1tr naira security budget wil not be again,1.2tr for subsidy wil not be there again,d loophole that pdp use to siphon wil be lock, all wil be enof for social welfare package.
grin grin grin grin @Boldened

15tr? cheesy cheesy cheesy So you believe that Jonathan spent 2tr for Election?

You want remove Security budget? As in the FG will function without security of lives and Properties?

Subsidy budget is pegged at N100k for 2015 tongue
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
NOTE: I 'm not saying that GMB will fulfil the promise but I 'm only acclaiming the fact that it is very possible to be accomplished.[/quote]

My brother you hit it on the head with a sledge hammer. How precise. Now they can STFU. Can't mention names tho.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by crownprince102: 8:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Start something like what? What is the guarantee that the family would even save that money every month till it gets to 60K for the year? What's the guarantee that the saved money would be put to good use? Isn't this policy negating the principle of teaching people how to fish rather than giving them fish? What would be the criteria for selecting the indigent families knowing fully well that some non-indigent families might want to assess it?
It won't make the family richer but will serve as an assistance to them. Are you saying not given this people the money will make them rich and given them makes them poor.

60000 is enough to start something small. A petty trader doesn't need up 60,000 to start her business.

We all need to start somewhere.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by ShowYourCertificate: 8:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
crownprince102:

It won't make the family richer but will serve as an assistance to them. Are you saying not given this people the money will make them rich and given them makes them poor.

60000 is enough to start something small. A petty trader doesn't need up 60,000 to start her business.

We all need to start somewhere.
Bros give it up. That social welfare scheme isn't feasible, isn't sustainable and will end up impoverishing the poor (negates the principle of teaching one how to fish rather than giving one fish).
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by ONYX5(m): 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:
OP is saying that the allowances for poor families will be given to only 5 million. What possible criteria that ensures fairness on a national scale will Buhari use to determine this deserving 5 million?
are you new here? 3 million from the north 1.5 million from the west 500 thousand from south south and south east
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Kzealz(m): 9:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
so we get economists wet full nairaland like dis..very quick to analyze issues but una hide una self our economy dey full since...
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by SweetyZinta(f): 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
May God bless U 4 speaking my mind.
obi4eze:
Don't mind Barcanista. Just as he was proved wrong on Buhari not winning the South West he will be proved wrong again. I just wonder if he read Osinbajo 's analysis before opening his thread. I have told him to stop disgracing himself on this forum but he won't listen.
Buhari will once again prove him wrong and shame his master.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by ikbnice(m): 9:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
With d two conditions stated to be met before being qualified, i see it as a way of promotin education in the north and also encouragin immunization. The north will actually benefit more frm it aside the money.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by obi4eze(m): 9:24pm On Apr 20, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
That's is it. Some are really pained GMB and PYO won and they just don't want to succeed but they will be SHOCKED, just like they were during this election.

They can be pained for all we care. We are moving forward...
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by hush15: 9:48pm On Apr 20, 2015
sarahatuba:
Nice write up smiley....pdp supporters are just pessimists,they can never see anything good in GMB....cos they know he'll outperform GEJ grin..

I laugh in king James version. all of a sudden, a man who contested three times has the panacea for the nation's problem that people are awakened to.

there is a difference between pessimism and reality. I am Pdp supporter and am bold to say that. I don't believe in Buhari's manifesto not because am a pessimist but I have constructively examined and the reality is that they can sustain the program even if they tried to kick start. as a matter of fact, if I know our country too well, there will always be conflict of interest. we don't even a structure to sustain such programs.

I am even excited and eager to see what this man has to offer and prove me wrong. however, I don't see anything they have to offer except a few facelift that will deceive Nigerians while they carry out their atrocities as a party before long, we are deep in and can't do anything bout it just as we have already in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by mytym(m): 10:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
crownprince102:

Nice rejoinder you have here but i am equally amazed you cite Osun

2. Buhari to Provide daily meal for Primary school pupil:
Thanks for bringing in the case of Osun state into this point, it will make it clearer. On this point, you came up with a total sum of N373 billion per annum. We all saw the recent statistics of revenue allocated to each state by FG, I saw it here on Nairaland, Osun is the lowest earning state and I don't think Osun's IGR is up to 30% of the allocation it get from FG. Probably why the state owe workers some months salary.
[b]It depend solely on FG allocation and their has been a cut in the allocation of each state since last year due to the fall in oil price. Osun could still afford feeding Primary 1 to 4 student despite this circumstances.
After reading this point, i have to clarify why this example is a miss and the more reason you should ask AT WHAT PRICE?

*Osun earns the lowest ONLY because of balance of payment deficits (the most borrowing state in the country with repayment conditions that are very gross for a State Government)... these deductions are made from source before allocation.
*The Governor is simply defrauding the state embarking on "projects" that take forever to complete- the same projects he supposedly went aborrowing for.

*School feeding was started by pdp in 2006 while apc continued... and it is ONLY for pupils in class 1&2!
*The 20,000 jobs per state was copied from Osun too, nd i think Oyo...ask how many month arears they are being owed, I'm sure its more than 6months since they are temporary anyway and its for graduates mind you. (cutting grass for 10k less 1250 tax)
Besides the full fledged workers are owed 6months salary, about 8months pension arrears for pensioners.
*Kindly pay a visit to Osun, then you'll know the economy has shut down.
GMB should not bite more than he can chew, Aregbesola obviously is still chewing o
[/b]
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Jesusloveyou: 10:29pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
grin grin grin grin @Boldened

15tr? cheesy cheesy cheesy So you believe that Jonathan spent 2tr for Election?

You want remove Security budget? As in the FG will function without security of lives and Properties?

Subsidy budget is pegged at N100k for 2015 tongue
so u believe gej spend 1tr in security and another $3bn loan for security. Beside,out of 4tr for security budget in 5yrs,only 400b naira were accounted for, d balance of 3.6tr is unaccounted for,u can as well believe those money were d 2tr naira spend for d election,

1 Like

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by bizhub: 11:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
The way APC made this N5000 to appear BIGGER than the minimum wage...nawao..its scary and their followers don't find the whole idea shallow,unrealistic and childish....from 25million unemployed youths to 25million families monthly....from N5,000 monthly to 25million people to N5000 monthly to 5million in batches.......After the first batch collects in the first year,what happens in the subsequent years..what's the criteria to identify the beneficiaries?Nobody wants to sit down and check the budget ,logistics and time it will take to collate comprehensive data of the poorest 25million homes nationwide and how to credit them accordingly without mix up.....and at the end of the day,the money can't transform lives and the project is not sustainable....Let's I forget the free meals.......The should look for sombody to help them re-write that manifesto abeg
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by Nobody: 3:26am On Apr 21, 2015
PPAngel:

[size=18pt]petrol pump price to be reviewed downwards 10 naira per litre even though subsidies are to be completely removed

Naira to be equal to the dollar once super man pa Buhari single handedly stabilizes international oil price with the aid of the gallant Nigerian Army

25 million ab0kis including their cousins in Niger and Chad republic to get 5k per month as their share in using their children to rig in Pa Buhari

China economic and billateral relations and direct infrastructural investments to cease in prefrence for IMF loan package

Boko Haram members to enjoy full amnesty with payment for their role in destabilizing the Nation. Some of their commanders will be drafted with immediate effect into the Muhajadeen Unit under the Guards Brigade

Chibok girls will be missed like Joeseph Kony[/size]

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by sirwilli(m): 5:43am On Apr 21, 2015
sarahatuba:

Are they incompetent? cheesy
Ask your Google about those men history
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by chysam: 10:31am On Apr 21, 2015
Sweetguy25:
Of course its possible even if leakages aren't blocked. It is just that some other expenditure will be ceased in make room for this new spending.
You answered wisely. The only problem in Nigeria is deliberate mismanagement and reckless sqiuandering facilitated by impunity.Once this vice is taken care of,then Buhari's financial assistance pledge is even so little. UK.Germany,France, ect ect have far less resources than us,but they still pay their citizens much more than what Buhari has promised. Luxembourg is not as big as even Ekiti state,yet their GDP is bigger than the whole of Africa combined. Comrade,the point I am driving at is if careless spending and stealing can be checkmated,an average Nigerian will always wake up to be sure of his meals in the next 3 years upfront without any panic.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by mytym(m): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2015
crownprince102:

nice rejoinder you have here but i am equally thrilled you cited Osun.

[b]2. Buhari to Provide daily meal for Primary school pupil
:
Thanks for bringing in the case of Osun state into this point, it will make it clearer. On this point, you came up with a total sum of N373 billion per annum. We all saw the recent statistics of revenue allocated to each state by FG, I saw it here on Nairaland,
Osun is the lowest earning state and I don't think Osun's IGR is up to 30% of the allocation it get from FG. Probably why the state owe workers some months salary. It depend solely on FG allocation and their has been a cut in the allocation of each state since last year due to the fall in oil price. Osun could still afford feeding Primary 1 to 4 student despite this circumstances.[/color]
after reading this point, i have to clarify why this point is a miss and the more reason

*Osun earns the lowest due to balance of payment deficits (the most borrowing state in the country with repayment conditions that are very gross for a State Government)...
These deductions are made from source before allocation. One would think these debts should translate into visible development but its only a novel display of grand fraud...

*The Governor is simply defrauding the state embarking on "gigantic projects" that take forever to complete- the same projects he supposedly went aborrowing for.

*School feeding was started by pdp in 2006 while apc took cue... and it was meant ONLY for pupils in class 1&2! before the incumbent came and tried to outdo himself.

*The 20,000 jobs per state idea of GMB was copied from Osun too, nd i think Oyo...ask the OYES jobbers (thats their name) how many month arears they are being owed, I'm sure its more than 6months since they are temporary anyway (2 miserable years after which another batch is taken).
Meanwhile It is designed for School Cert. Holders but its flooded by unemployed Graduates some even with Second degree. (cutting grass for 10k less 1250 tax)
Besides the full fledged workers are owed 6months salary, about 8months pension arrears for pensioners.

All these could have been avoided altogether.
When Obafemi Awolowo introduced free education, he had clear and realistic approach of executing it.
You made a very good point but Osun state is the worst advertisement for this product, its the failed example.

GMB should be wary of packing more than he can carry because he'll be shocked how fast four years can be...
*Kindly pay a visit to Osun, then you'll know that the economy of the entire state has shut down!
GMB should not bite more than he can chew, Aregbesola obviously is still chewing o
[/b]
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by crownprince102: 6:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
mytym:

Dude, Pay visit to Osun State where I 'm from? Everything about Osun is not new to me.

Get the fact right, Osun earns the lowest allocation even before debt issues. I know quite well Oyinlola started the feeding of primary school pupil, he even gave others students sachet beverages weekly.

If Osun could afford this all alone, why not FG. As I said earlier, the cost can be shared btw FG and SG in a ratio of 60:40 or 70:30. This is an ease on Osun.
Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by PPAngel(f): 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
crownprince102:

Dude, Pay visit to Osun State where I 'm from? Everything about Osun is not new to me.

Get the fact right, Osun earns the lowest allocation even before debt issues. I know quite well Oyinlola started the feeding of primary school pupil, he even gave others students sachet beverages weekly.

If Osun could afford this all alone, why not FG. As I said earlier, the cost can be shared btw FG and SG in a ratio of 60:40 or 70:30. This is an ease on Osun.

Rauf owes state civil servants over 6mths unpaid salaries!

Osun state with a total annual revenue of less than 40bn budgeted 210bn mainly from loans.

Abeg take your rubish almajiri economics and shove it!

We dey yarn better thing you dey mention that backward osun gbese state

1 Like

Re: Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility by mytym(m): 7:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
crownprince102:

You still do not Get it. do you? it is NOT an ease! other things will suffer for it.
For oyinlola who started the feeding stuff, he didn't really have so much debt aside the 18billion and there was little or no impact he made on the state for 7.5years...I don't need to repeat myself on the incumbent, i mean its obvious.

On FAAC issue
Ekiti, Kogi, Benue all earn less than Osun Even before debt issues...
During Chief Akande's tenure Osun was 34 on the allocation list uptill Oyinlolas period during which the state flips between 33 and 35.
Towards the end of Gov. Oyinlola tenure, Sen. omisore Who was the chairman House Ctte on Appropriation jerked Osuns allocation up and the state got to #26 out of 37...(apparently He had thought he would succeed Oyin in d party).
This was the position till late 2012 when osun came back to #36 just above Ekiti which was at the bottom.
Suffice to say once again that most states borrow but their debt profiles are flexible enough such that the states are run without halting every other segments of governace.

I work and live in Osun. just in the event that you need other documents, do a PM.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC, PDP Pick Governorship Candidates Tomorrow / Manir Dan’Iya Is PDP's Guber Candidate In Sokoto / FG Using CBN Naira Policy To Go After Criminals In Politics – Ezekwesili

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.