Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance (20532 Views)

NYSC Gives Full Information To Corpers On Election Allowance / Nigerians & Prof. JEGA- Pls, Hear Our Cry; (nysc)corpers Nationwide / Incomplete Payment Of Alawi For The Outgone 2014 Batch A Corp Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Ishilove: 1:57am On Apr 20, 2015

With barely a week after the commencement of the successful 2015 Nigeria’s general election, some serving Corps members of the National Youth Corp Service (NYSC) scheme have basked in the ambiance of resentment, demanding the payment of the remaining 50% of their allowances for the roles they played during the polls.

Majority of the Corps member who conducted the elections in Benue State have yet to be paid 50% of their allowance.

It would be recalled; the Director General of the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, Brigadier Gen. Olawumi Johnson expressed concerns on the delay of payment of Corps members’ INEC elections duty allowance.

He further requested through the scheme’s official twitter account, @NYSC_NG, that all corps members who participated in the elections should exercise patience, as everyone will be paid.

A breakdown of the approved allowance for corps members participating in each of the elections:

1. Honorarium – ₦9,000 per election

2. Transportation -₦3,000 per election

3. Feeding allowance -₦1,000 per election

In literal expression, each corps member should be paid a total sum of ₦26, 000 for both elections – ₦13, 000 a piece – But as it is now, most of the Corp members in Benue have only been paid ₦13, 000.

The colossal question is when will the remaining PAY DAY be?

Meanwhile, some ex-corps members, who worked as assistant polling officers in Kwara State have lamented the non-payment of their allowances by the State’s Independent National Electoral Commission, urging it to pay without further delay.

Corps members also staged a peaceful protest in Calabar demanding the payment of their allowances for the functions they carried out during the March 28th Presidential and National Assembly elections in Cross River State.

The Nigerian Government in conjunction with the INEC should review reasons to the delay of payment of the meagre allowance so as to quell the already boiling tempers of the Not-pleased Corp members.
source: http://www.360nobs.com/2015/04/nysc-corpers-fume-nationwide-over-incomplete-payment-of-polls-allowance-nysc_ng/

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:05am On Apr 20, 2015
This is a bad time to ask for money, men are leaving and need to hold on to some retirement benefits, some are searching for asylum while others want to return small inside the one they stole.

Corpers unna enter 1chance.

5 Likes

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Elnino4ladies: 2:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Smh...d money must be paid!!!
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by cutepaul(m): 5:04am On Apr 20, 2015
Yea
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by jotax(m): 7:20am On Apr 20, 2015
Your reward is in heaven. Leave them to God. Lol

4 Likes

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by loomer: 9:29am On Apr 20, 2015
Make una happy say una lives de kankpe.
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by veekid(m): 9:29am On Apr 20, 2015
naija!!! I hail thee

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by justi4jesu(f): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2015
jotax:
Your reward is in heaven. Leave them to God. Lol
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Vicjustice: 9:30am On Apr 20, 2015
"I am the ousted President Jonathan.
What nonsense are you talking about, you want me to pay you for the election that i did not win?
Com'on, get out of my sight before i transfer my aggression on all of you!
Or you think i didn't know that you were supporting Buhari despite the 2 trillion Naira that i lavished on all of you?
Go to the Buhari that you voted for to pay you... Nonsense!
Look, don't come near me again or i will loose my dogs on you. You were the bad heads that costed me my presidency. Stυpid betrayers!
Come and ask me for the money again, and you will see ya heads!
Nonsense!"

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Chris95(m): 9:30am On Apr 20, 2015
Cant anyfn b done rightly in dis country!! angry
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by egift(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2015
INEC and Jonathan should say immediately. A worker deserves his pay.

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by adesegun121(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2015
Ok
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Lousymouth(m): 9:31am On Apr 20, 2015
Itz sickening how our future leaders are treated in this country.... They have done their job why not pay them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by psalmlolese: 9:31am On Apr 20, 2015
Inec is just sheet,when it comes to money matter.

2 Likes

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by tolustx(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
It is not nationwide o.
I know people who got dr money in full.

Affected people shud ask their state coordinators.
But some people will be here, blaming d fed govt for d delay, when Prof Jega said b4 elections that d fed govt hs given inec every material and funds needed to conduct d elections.
Any delay in corps members payment should be addressed to d state inec chairmen. It wasn't even govt dat told inec to use corpers. They decided to do dat on dr own. I believe so dat they won't ve to pay much money.
The fed govt is not owing corpers.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
[size=18pt] undecided

Ashawo no be work ooo, ladies be warned [/size]
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by MKO4ever(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Kwaruption
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Drsheddy(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Story for the dog's shocked
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by okotv(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
It shall be well.
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Nobody: 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Wrong timing. Lol
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by HzRF(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Jega said GEJ has paid d commission in full
Oya where is the money
Buahri Oya probe inec

Nigeria is nothing but a bowl of pap
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by boxypane(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by tolexy007(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
that was how dey cheated us last yr, when we were being used for d pvc distribution, den i was serving at Oyo state dey payed us 8900 instead of 13k sad....inec cant stop scamming coppers is in dem

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
They shudnt worry, BABA will do smthn about it!!!
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by mytime24(f): 9:32am On Apr 20, 2015
No parking space

here by order
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by unclejb2(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2015
Jega Why?

... After May 29....#Buharibringoutyourgirls

1 Like

Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Kizyte(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2015
F
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by bright007(f): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2015
shoro niyen?
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by Kizyte(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2015
They should look for a black goat while it's still day, knowing that they'll get nothing after handover
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by HisMajesty1(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2015
We Corp members in Ile- Ife, State of Osun have been paid our 26k.
Re: NYSC: Corpers Nationwide Angry Over Incomplete Payment Of Election Allowance by ONYX5(m): 9:34am On Apr 20, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
This is a bad time to ask for money, men are leaving and need to hold on to some retirement benefits, some are searching for asylum while others want to return small inside the one they stole.

Corpers unna enter 1chance.
it's men now not JEGA abi?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NYSC Orientation Camp In Ekiti Was Attacked / NYSC Announces 2019 Batch B Stream Two Registration Date / Brutalised NYSC Member Flown Abroad For Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.