Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,902 members, 7,806,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD (24156 Views)

Dino Melaye Asks Buhari To Grant Presidential Pardon/amnesty To Treasury Looters / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan / Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by EgusiSoup: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2015
cramjones:
I am not surprised that these bastards whose brother have emptied our treasury, shared our common wealth for his failed election bid, and basically institutionalized corruption and elevated drug traffikers and theives want to do same to Ibori.

I cant wait for this clueless man currently referred to as the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to rot in Jail.

General Sir, we await you to get our justice system to get these bastards rot in Jail. Any attempt to blow up our pipelines will be met with brute force. Buhari will not take this nonesense. Never again, will we have rif raffs threatening a whole country!

-CramJones

Cramjones: Jonsing since 1986 BC

Join the army and come and unleash the brute force in the creeks where your so called Nigeria gets its food from and see the result.

I wish amala has no Sense reducing property. Nincompup!

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:38am On Apr 20, 2015
chuna1985:

I guess u missed the point, What they are trying to say us that other people that committed same crimes are freemen today, so have even won election and returned to power.

Even almighty mustapha has been granted pardon ooo.

Do to him what have been done to others.

No. You have missed the point.

As he has been jailed, what the Ijaw people should be asking for is for other criminals to be jailed,.not for him to be freed.

3 Likes

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by bright007(f): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2015
dickrider:

why don't you try something new? everyone is bored of your dumb post. you are so shameless and brain dead

sorry scumbag, you are not everyone. and pls quit quoting me as I don't have time for rif-rafs like you

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by M4gunners: 7:41am On Apr 20, 2015
I'm not in support of this.He has to suffer more. This people must be mad i guess. Presidential pardon for someone who is still in jail?

3 Likes

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:41am On Apr 20, 2015
this is ibori senior brother.. i think he should go and me ibori in jail de bot loot nigeria money....

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 20, 2015
Granting pardon to Ibori will dent his image further.

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by vislabraye(m): 7:42am On Apr 20, 2015
mightycrown1:
By Emma Amaize

WARRI—AN Ijaw group, the Ijaw People’s Development Initiative, IPDI, in Delta State, weekend, called on President Godluck Jonathan to grant presidential pardon to the former governor of the state, Chief James Ibori, before his exit from Aso Villa, next month.

National President the group, Mr. Austin Ozobo, in interactive with newsmen, said: “Chief Ibori has suffered enough and there is no justification for not granting him clemency, as had been done to others.

” Ozobo said Ibori was not the only corrupt leader in the country, but unfortunately, he has undergone indescribable hardship more than others.

“Ibori should be freed. Hundreds of persons, who looted heavily from government coffers are walking freely in the streets. The continuous incarceration of one corrupt man among a million other corrupt citizens cannot change the menace of high level corruption in the country.

‘’Ibori’s imprisonment could be seen as a witch-hunt and such is highly barbaric and provocative and the Nigerian government must quickly do something about his matter. ‘’Despite the ordeals Ibori is passing through, Deltans hold him in high esteem and his great achievements while in office cannot be discountenanceded.

‘’There should be no sacred cow among political office holders. Ibori’s case is not different, he is a victim of circumstances. Release him and let him breathe fresh air and let other corrupt public office holders be tried as well.”

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/grant-presidential-pardon-to-ibori-ijaw-group-urges-jonathan/#sthash.0d61rS8k.dpuf

They same Ibori that wanted to screw up GEJ. Maybe Buhari will grant him clemency
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2015
onyedikachukwue:

sharap if u r a deltan u won't say this trash. Ibori is our brother. Am a deltan from ukwani.

Ibori is ur brother, u mean a thief is ur brother, a convicted criminal is ur brother and U are happy to say it.. U are simply a disgrace to ur family and this generation for supporting the barbaric request for presidential pardon by some senseless and gullible people..
Imagine this terrible demand is still been supported by some riffraffss..
Aint u guys have no brain at all?? A criminal? Who stole from U d money to develop ur state?? Haba some of u nids to be in a psyciatric home..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Nobody: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2015
efilefun:
You all shouting tinubu is corrupt yet for 16yrs no pdp president sued him to court so what's the fuss about. Need names of criminals and convicts in PDP Sure u can list more than I know self... Lol
You should have ignored him.....shouting tinubu is all they know grin

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Bifwoli: 7:43am On Apr 20, 2015
This persecution of Igbos and their closely related tribes must stop forthwith.

The UK should unconditionally release this innocent man Ibori.

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by gidjah(m): 7:44am On Apr 20, 2015
Can we please leave out sentiments in this matter?some one. Must be a scape goat, we should start purnishing corruption from one persons head, Bode george went to jail in the hands of his own brother, GEJ couldn't even prosecute a local govt c/man under his own admin rather he was busy romancing such illicit act, virtually all his ministers are financial wreck and havoc, he enriched his kinsmen to the detriment of the poor massies that voted him in . Most of this hsi kinsmen are terribly corrupt , the quest for oyel money has gotten them morally blinded and bankkrupt too, else they will not be defending this crime their brother commited, tnk god he is leaving power by 29 else that will have been their next point of call,,.. After pardoning allams, noext should be ibori, this peopls seem sick!!

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 20, 2015
bright007:

sorry scumbag, you are not everyone. and pls quit quoting me as I don't have time for rif-rafs like you

Foolish teenager like you spewing gibberish.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by M4gunners: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2015
efilefun:
Yet they will be the one crying for been cheated and under developed when all your governors are used too looting and you fools are begging for their freedom instead of the politician to rot in prison to teach others lessons
Point of correction, all governor in Nigeria has looted in one way or another. Tho I'm not in support of this Ibori pardon.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by vislabraye(m): 7:47am On Apr 20, 2015
Pamcrest:
Can someone pls educate this ozobo guy about d judicial process? GEJ to grant clemency to a convict incarcerated in a UK jail....let me see him use such inexistent powers. Some people sef! grin
My humble submission

No mind them. Dem no know say Jonathan still dey vex.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by millionaireman: 7:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Lol, The owners of crude oil in the Nigerdelta Will be very very angry with Jonathan if he grants pardon to Ibori. Nigerdelta no be conquered region?

OBJ, IBB, ABACHA descendants, ABDUSALAM, TY DANJUMA, etcetera etcetera, dem go vex..oooo for any more pardon for a Nigerdeltan.

Part of the reasons Naija owners hate Jonathan is that he granted pardon to Alams.

In Naija, one is corrupt only when authorities decided to investigate. Only a tiny helpless minority are investigated for corruption and caught.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by deolu2000(m): 7:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Don"t grant him any clemency he is only working for his money,aftral he still has billon stached abroad that are not known yet,so atleast when he is released after his term(6yrs i blv) and spending the money,i will know he has earned his spoils.

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Raiders: 7:54am On Apr 20, 2015
M4gunners:
Point of correction, all governor in Nigeria has looted in one way or another. Tho I'm not in support of this Ibori pardon.
all governors stole but Ibori stealing was too much. Ibori was the first Nigeria to buy hammer Jeep when it first came out. Ibori is a criminal that should be stone by Deltans when he return back to delta state

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Prettiepearlz(f): 7:54am On Apr 20, 2015
onyedikachukwue:
The peoples president please grant ibori presidential pardon. We love goodluck, we don't know who's Gmb. You r forever our president, our hero, in Gej we trust
Sir,are u asking for pardon because he's probably 4rm ur side(if u're 4rm ss) or from a neighbouring region? If this man was tinubu or someone 4rm d north,would u have made this comment? I dont need the reply,just ask your conscience. Instead of us joining hands and say no to corruption so as to fight for our future and that of our unborn generations,we are advocating for more of the corruption. Let us all alway remember to do good because God is watching us in 3D. But remember you're what u SAY,watch and hear. Lets be careful of some of d statements we make so as not to send wrong signals. Lets stop being SENTIMENTAL for the good of this country. Lets stop being TRIBALISTIC for the good of this country. Lets stop thinking about our own SELFISH INTEREST for the good of this country. As youths lets be INNOVATIVE.

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by vicadex07(m): 7:55am On Apr 20, 2015
bright007:
You see.......it is threads like this that make me ask the question

shoro niyen?

You're a fan of OLAMIDE abi?
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Kposkila: 7:58am On Apr 20, 2015
abdul01:
This is really pathetic and shows how stoop these peeps reason all in the name of this eleyameya he's our brother or he's our man of a thing, even if they (alamesia, ibori n co) reap you off all your entitlements to enrich their pockets.

What these people should be asking is that even though states like Kano, Lagos and Ogun get far less allocation than them (and the fact that these states are more cosmopolitan with larger population than most SS states), how come they are more developed infrasture and socio-economic wise, but they rather prefer to live in slumps and blame all their woes on others.

Well I just thank God this Ibori's case isn't happening in Buhari's era (rather it's happening in one of their own's era), if not they would have said Ibori is being 'maltreated' and castigated because he's from the minority or because he's an Ijaw-man and all these their other baseless and stupid arguments
Ibori is not an ijaw man!
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by M4gunners: 7:59am On Apr 20, 2015
Raiders:
all governors stole but Ibori stealing was too much. Ibori was the first Nigeria to buy hammer Jeep when it first came out. Ibori is a criminal that should be stone by Deltans when he return back to delta state
In as much i still agree with you, i have to disagree that he stole more than others. If you are caught, then you are the worst but then again they are silent and masters of the game still moving freely in Nigeria believe me.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by zeusdgrt(m): 7:59am On Apr 20, 2015
dickrider:
no way
see sometyms if U dnt hv any thing to add or contribute jst try enter ur toilet make U go blow whistle.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by deletrue: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2015
mightycrown1:
By Emma Amaize

WARRI—AN Ijaw group, the Ijaw People’s Development Initiative, IPDI, in Delta State, weekend, called on President Godluck Jonathan to grant presidential pardon to the former governor of the state, Chief James Ibori, before his exit from Aso Villa, next month.

National President the group, Mr. Austin Ozobo, in interactive with newsmen, said: “Chief Ibori has suffered enough and there is no justification for not granting him clemency, as had been done to others.

” Ozobo said Ibori was not the only corrupt leader in the country, but unfortunately, he has undergone indescribable hardship more than others.

“Ibori should be freed. Hundreds of persons, who looted heavily from government coffers are walking freely in the streets. The continuous incarceration of one corrupt man among a million other corrupt citizens cannot change the menace of high level corruption in the country.

‘’Ibori’s imprisonment could be seen as a witch-hunt and such is highly barbaric and provocative and the Nigerian government must quickly do something about his matter. ‘’Despite the ordeals Ibori is passing through, Deltans hold him in high esteem and his great achievements while in office cannot be discountenanceded.

‘’There should be no sacred cow among political office holders. Ibori’s case is not different, he is a victim of circumstances. Release him and let him breathe fresh air and let other corrupt public office holders be tried as well.”

SOURCE: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/grant-presidential-pardon-to-ibori-ijaw-group-urges-jonathan/#sthash.0d61rS8k.dpuf
You must be a very fake Ijaw man. You are even sounding very elementary and most likely to be a stark illitrate. Where is Ibori? In fact, your thread is damn too low such that it is not expected to attract my response. Rubbish and blood Itskiri man pretending to be an Ijaw man.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 20, 2015
zeusdgrt:
see sometyms if U dnt hv any thing to add or contribute jst try enter ur toilet make U go blow whistle.

You have been noticed. Oya clap for yourself and crawl back to your cave undecided
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Burger01(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2015
GboyegaD:
Some news I read make me weep for the future of Nigeria. We all are so sentimental to the point that we make silly comments and suggestion like the one in the topic.
Bruhs, that's why they refused to vote for Buhari. Buhari doesn't encourage corruption..these mofos do. Imagine some foolish men canvassing for state pardon to be bestowed upon a criminal!. We must say NO to corruption. Where there is law there is no offense, and where there is offense there is punishment. sad

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:05am On Apr 20, 2015
koikoi2:
My gej will not belittle himself. I trust him.
mumu, hasnt he patfoned alamesia?
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Raiders: 8:09am On Apr 20, 2015
M4gunners:
In as much i still agree with you, i have to disagree that he stole more than others. If you are caught, then you are the worst but then again they are silent and masters of the game still moving freely in Nigeria believe me.
you need to read the British court case against Ibori. Ibori confess that he stole over over 50 million pounds thats about 2 billion naira.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9207852/Former-Wickes-cashier-James-Ibori-stole-50m-to-live-like-royalty-after-winning-election-in-Nigeria-court-told.html

No Nigeria governor stole more than Ibori.

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Nobody: 8:13am On Apr 20, 2015
He is yet to recover from the damage of Alams pardon, you wan add to his international disrepute.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by callmelanner(m): 8:14am On Apr 20, 2015
My mum is from delta but sorry to say.. . These people are their own devil!
They have no pride, they have no shame.
They Complain virtually about everything.
Presidential pardon for stealing and corruption?
SS and SE are the main problem of Nigeria. It's now obvious that even if we depart, Nigeria will be seen as a corruption free nation.

1 Like

Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by zeusdgrt(m): 8:16am On Apr 20, 2015
dickrider:

You have been noticed. Oya clap for yourself and crawl back to your cave undecided
Effects of the morning weed speaking,i recommend garri for cure
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by M4gunners: 8:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Raiders:
you need to read the British court case against Ibori. Ibori confess that he stole over over 50 million pounds thats about 2 billion naira.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/9207852/Former-Wickes-cashier-James-Ibori-stole-50m-to-live-like-royalty-after-winning-election-in-Nigeria-court-told.html

No Nigeria governor stole more than Ibori.
Okay no need for this. He is a thief and should not be given presidential pardon simple.
Re: Grant Presidential Pardon To Ibori, Ijaw Group Urges Jonathan - VANGUARD by Prettiepearlz(f): 8:19am On Apr 20, 2015
chuna1985:

I guess u missed the point, What they are trying to say us that other people that committed same crimes are freemen today, so have even won election and returned to power.

Even almighty mustapha has been granted pardon ooo.

Do to him what have been done to others.
So? because of that he should be freed? After looting money. Some people are living in abject poverty,salary of some govt workers are nothing to write home about,some haven't received their pensions and a lot more. No! thats a silly reason! Lets join hands together and call for the prosecution of the other thieves and show upcoming ones that if they steal,they will follow just like the others, and stop making comments that make us look sentimental or tribalistic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Meets With Oyegun, APC leaders In Abuja / Obasanjo: APC Government Intimidating Judges Ahead Of Elections / Bashir El-Rufai Calls Segalinks An Idiot And A Midget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.