Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose (17131 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala "A Grave Sin Of Cowardice" - By Ugoji Egbujo / My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice –fayose / Asking For Forgiveness Not Cowardice-fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by bright007(f): 8:26am On Apr 20, 2015
shoro niyen?
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by folabayo1(f): 8:28am On Apr 20, 2015
A true man learn to apologise and amend his errors...
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by tonychristopher: 8:28am On Apr 20, 2015
when a man takes a stand he should stand by it in all condition and that makes him a man. what sort of forgiveness is he beging for, he was an opposition and that should be it. to me it is cowardice and nothing more#

Whizzcute:
The Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, has said his asking for forgiveness should not be taken for cowardice by his opponents, saying his tenure in office will be determined by God.

He said he took the step to seek a genuine reconciliation with the All Progressives Congress, whose 19 lawmakers in the state House of Assembly were plotting his impeachment.

The governor spoke on Sunday at the thanksgiving service organised for him at the Cathedral Church of Emmanuel, Anglican Communion, Ado Ekiti, to celebrate his electoral victory at the Supreme Court.

Fayose said, “I asked for forgiveness for reconciliation and to pursue genuine peace. Waiving the olive branch does not mean cowardice, it is for peace.

“Conspiracy is against God’s will. What better way could one seek peace other than asking for forgiveness.”

The governor advised the APC to emulate President Goodluck Jonathan who conceded defeat and saved Nigeria from disintegrating.

“When I contested for Senate they said I lost and I did not fight anyone. I did not go to the tribunal and I was saying good things about the government then. The opposition should be courageous enough to accept defeat. I follow Jonathan in and out of office. Jonathan gave up for survival of Nigeria. Jonathan prevented the prophecy that Nigeria would break up in 2015.

“I’m enjoying the mandate of God through his people and that cannot be controverted. My sin is because I allowed the common man to breathe the air of hope.

“The people have spoken (governorship election), they said it was military intervention. They spoke the second term (presidential election), is that one photochromic? And they spoke again the third time (House of Assembly election).

“If God that gave me victory cannot defend me, I better go home. If the people cannot defend the mandate they gave to me, I better go home. Power doesn’t come from man. Power belongs to God. Anyone against the voice of God is following Satan’s way.

“In a democracy, you need a simple majority to win elections, but I enjoy total majority. They want to take government by force, firing shots at people; that is coup against the people. They said they are coming again tomorrow, we are waiting for them.”

But the APC lawmakers advised Fayose to stop inciting the people, saying his Sunday broadcast had demonstrated that he was not committed to genuine reconciliation.

The APC lawmakers in a statement on Sunday accused the governor of inciting the people against them in the broadcast.

A statement by the Special Adviser on Media to Speaker Adewale Omirin, Wole Olujobi, said the governor in his broadcast demonstrated that he was never committed to the peace he preached barely 24 hours before his inciting broadcast.

“How do you reconcile this inciting broadcast with a plea he made for peace not quite 24 hours earlier, which Ekiti people and indeed Nigerians thought was a good move by the governor to thaw the frozen relationship between him and the lawmakers?

“This is a confirmation of what Dr. Omirin said in his Sunday Punch interview that the governor can’t be trusted in any peace move.

“It is shocking that the governor, who refused to make any remark or commitment during the church service after the man of God appealed to him to embrace peace, could go on air few minutes after the church service to start inciting workers, traders, okada riders and artisans to defend him with their last drop of blood.

“As if his inciting live broadcast was not enough, Ekiti people were shocked when a public service announcement started running intermittently on the state media urging okada riders to look out for strange faces across the state and attack them because they are thugs that are being imported into the state by the APC lawmakers.

“They are also to converge on the House of Assembly as early as 6am on Monday to prevent the lawmakers from performing their legal duties,” the statement added.

Stressing that they were not planning any invasion
of the state with thugs, the lawmakers called the
attention of Nigerians to the unlawful acts of the
governor in his desperate move to ensure that the
lawmakers were rendered ineffective in the
discharge of their lawful duties.

http://www.punchng.com/news/my-plea-for-forgiveness-not-cowardice-fayose/
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by tonychristopher: 8:29am On Apr 20, 2015
A TRUE MAN MAINTAINS HIS STAND AND NOT TO BE MOVED BY THE TIDE

folabayo1:
A true man learn to apologise and amend his errors...

1 Like

Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by jamillion: 8:29am On Apr 20, 2015
temitemi1:
FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
robotic command chip error!

2 Likes

Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Nobody: 8:32am On Apr 20, 2015
Fayose claiming he is following Jonathan foot step. Issokay undecided
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by kindnyce(m): 8:33am On Apr 20, 2015
YOU SEE WHY YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUSLY
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by seedorfg(m): 8:33am On Apr 20, 2015
see im mouth, ehyayayayaya mtchew, oya essoryt i don forget yah, now go beg GMB and OBJ
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by KingTom(m): 8:34am On Apr 20, 2015
kennygee:
I believe the guy o.

Oshoko of life

Fayose that uprooted two sitting governors?

Dude is a bad guy o

I guess he is just trying to make peace.

Those law makers just have barely 20 days left and some already have court cases.

They should just accept the hand of peace he is offering and go.
He will also be uprooted by 2 impeachments grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 20, 2015
So its now you know there is God.when you went about saying buhari will die in power...

Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by johnnynwa(m): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2015
temitemi1:
FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Yes ooh!
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Nobody: 8:39am On Apr 20, 2015
temitemi1:
FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
You forgot to add GEJ your HERO. I hope you ain't hating GEJ bit by bit grin
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Jackeeh(m): 8:43am On Apr 20, 2015
HisMajesty1:
This man's tactics is just so annoying. After rigging, using thugs to intimidate judges and so on. Jonathan lost and you turn around to beg for forgiveness, not forgetting the mad advertorials you sponsored against Buhari. This man has to go to jail.

Politicians are a shameless bunch. If GEJ had won, would the man be asking for forgiveness?
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by teebaxy(m): 8:45am On Apr 20, 2015
dhorlipizzu:
Issorait!!!

What's my own? Does it #BringBackOurGirls?

Abeg make dis fayose matter no make front page oooo...

Meanwhile the poster should bring his head closer make I break limca bottle for his head
BRING BACK OUR GIRLS...LIKE YOU CARE..FK OFF
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by seniormallam(m): 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
dickrider:
MAD MAN FAYOSE
take it, receive sense.
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by murphyrahm: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
na yeye man him be
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Goke7: 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Seriously I want fayose to remain as Governor cos I want to see how his big mouth will be running under a Buhari administration, something tells me the guy will be so quiet that we will forget that Ekiti has a Governor.

He is truly a coward simple. I plead with the APC lawmakers to let him be cos of Ekiti people.
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by boolet: 8:47am On Apr 20, 2015
So na wetin, avarice?
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by joeace2020(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2015
scared shitt face
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by joeace2020(m): 8:48am On Apr 20, 2015
scared shit face
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Ahmeduana(m): 8:50am On Apr 20, 2015
geedeex2:
Fayose you asked for it so just be calm, you will be impeached.
ODE TO SHO OLORUN OBA ORI EGUN LO MA KU SI!
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by folabayo1(f): 8:51am On Apr 20, 2015
tonychristopher:
A TRUE MAN MAINTAINS HIS STAND AND NOT TO BE MOVED BY THE TIDE

that's ur opinion.
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by maigemuu: 8:55am On Apr 20, 2015
temitemi1:
FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by simplynola(m): 8:58am On Apr 20, 2015
Mr Fayose, what your Fulani is supposed to make first is what he's making last. Instead of him to say "goodmorning, this is cheese", he said "this is cheese, goodmorning!" Lawmakers! please forgive him, he's only a prodigal son.
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by emmytee2: 9:04am On Apr 20, 2015
I doubt dis FAYOSE!
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by Franchise21(m): 9:10am On Apr 20, 2015
He certainly has to pay for his numerous sins
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by ladipeacemaker(m): 9:11am On Apr 20, 2015
If you have always wanted to do 7 times more in your Business, Career and Life, then join over 500 Nigerians at this conference.

It is absolutely FREE. Hurry and register here on this link: http://www.blueoceanstrategyng.com/eventregister/?j=3

Please, note that the link will become inactive as soon as the first 500 people are registered.

Venue: Oakwood Park Hotel by Chevron R/About, Lekki-Epe Expressway, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by dhorlipizzu(m): 9:14am On Apr 20, 2015
teebaxy:
BRING BACK OUR GIRLS...LIKE YOU CARE..FK OFF

Bro why u dey hate naw? Because I get money pass u?
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by idu1(m): 9:20am On Apr 20, 2015
We ll impeach him the way PDP impeached nyako. And heaven will not fall....
Re: My Plea For Forgiveness Not Cowardice - Fayose by tonychristopher: 9:21am On Apr 20, 2015
folabayo1:
that's ur opinion.

EXACTLY, A MAN SHOULDNT BE SWAYED EASILY BY TIDES, BEEN A MAN IS NOT ABOUT HOW BIG YOUR BLOKOS IS, BUT HOW BIG YOUR HEART AND GUTS IS

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngige Warns Igbo – ‘you Could Lose 2023 Presidency To South-west If You Don’t / President Buhari Renews Ben Akabueze's Tenure As DG, Budget Office / High-profile Boko Haram member Arrested In Senator's Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.