Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married (9746 Views)

I Am Dying Of Depression, Pls Matured Advice Needed / Pls,matured Advice Needed: My Near Rape Experience / Help!....matured Advice Is Needed From Our Matured Mummys In The House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 20, 2015
A married friend told me his experience in marriage then I decided to share it here to seek for your opinions. He use to have a coursemate back then in school. After graduation they met on facebook and started chatting. After a while the girl visited him because he was already working and comfortable. Three months into the relationship she took in and since abortion was not an option he married her. But she has been his nightmare ever since then. She doesn't love or care about him,she doesn't cook for him,she only cooks for herself and the son. The man comes home tired from work and still finds something to cook. He's thinking seriously and his BP is going high. He has refused to tell his family members or even his pastor as I adviced claiming he doesn't. Want it to go publicly. I adviced to divorce her because he now seeks happiness from girls outside but he said his parents were divorced too and he didn't want to continue in that line. Pls ur advice is needed
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by spyg1(m): 7:18am On Apr 20, 2015
[i][/i] u hav nothing to do abi? Not minding your biz. Talk ur own on Nairaland let us advice you.

As for ur frnd, that is a family trait he cant avoid it.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by delishpot: 7:24am On Apr 20, 2015
What can one say now ooooooo! Let me think about it. BRB
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Onemansquad(m): 7:26am On Apr 20, 2015
He dosen't want it to public!!!
*he is dieing in silence*
ur frnd shuld b d man of d house nd tel her wat 2 do nd wat shuld nt b done
*dats easy bt if she continues let him get his lawyer*
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by DickDastardly(m): 7:39am On Apr 20, 2015
He should check his conscience and if he is by any means not guilty of anything wrong torwards her, let him call for a high powered meeting between both families. Agenda is to find out why the wife behaves that way and way forward. She should be cautioned and expectations of a wife clearly spelt out to her. If this fails, then he must dump her sorry ass and move on.
I am married and i know my marital functions as a husband. I also know that any day i start failing knowingly in them, surely i'd be inviting trouble. Let him decide to man up or continue wasting his precious youth life with a misfit as wife.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Abojupupa: 7:40am On Apr 20, 2015
He should sit her down and have a heart to heart talk with her. she will tell him why she suddenly changed.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by bukatyne(f): 7:45am On Apr 20, 2015
Advantages of zipping up undecided

Has OP done DNA to confirm the baby us his?

The wife not adding his food shows something is seriously wrong.

Has she always been This way? NO; What changed?

6 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 20, 2015
My humble advice to you is that : BROOM THAT GIRL AS FAST AS YOU CAN! (if you understand what i mean)
She`s unfit for you and she isn`t worth you.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by joanne1(f): 9:43am On Apr 20, 2015
spyg1:
[i][/i] u hav nothing to do abi? Not minding your biz. Talk ur own on Nairaland let us advice you.
As for ur frnd, that is a family trait he cant avoid it.

Urs is d dumbest post ever, if u dnt have an advice for d op u can just take several seats away frm here and watch,its not by force to comment. Well mi dear op sth is obviously wrong with both of them. Cos thr has to be a reason why d wife is acting dat way

3 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Nobody: 9:59am On Apr 20, 2015
What caused the spite between them? Something must hv gone wrong. .. Until you tell us what the causes are, no proper advice. .. Things just don't happen...

4 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by MRBrownJ: 12:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
@OP
this guys is a weakling and there is nothing we can say or do that will change that.....so he/you must accept his fate and be merry. even a blind man can see the wrongs in your write up, if he cant then so be it.

2 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Emaprince: 12:11pm On Apr 20, 2015
Does that child belong to him? Or the girls immediate ex?

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by DonTim1: 12:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
people change, when u reconnect, don't assume they r same persons u used to know
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by thorpido(m): 1:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
He should check for the baby's paternity first.Maybe the child does not belong to him.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by klark3: 2:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
cuteshantel39:
A married friend told me his experience in marriage then I decided to share it here to seek for your opinions. He use to have a coursemate back then in school. After graduation they met on facebook and started chatting. After a while the girl visited him because he was already working and comfortable. Three months into the relationship she took in and since abortion was not an option he married her. But she has been his nightmare ever since then. She doesn't love or care about him,she doesn't cook for him,she only cooks for herself and the son. The man comes home tired from work and still finds something to cook. He's thinking seriously and his BP is going high. He has refused to tell his family members or even his pastor as I adviced claiming he doesn't. Want it to go publicly. I adviced to divorce her because he now seeks happiness from girls outside but he said his parents were divorced too and he didn't want to continue in that line. Pls ur advice is needed
Op am afraid ur friend is a weak man...

Divorce is d only option..
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Thnk u all for ur advice. I feel he's too weak too. Bt I wil tell him to check to b sure he's actually d father
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by bukatyne(f): 8:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
cuteshantel39:
Thnk u all for ur advice. I feel he's too weak too. Bt I wil tell him to check to b sure he's actually d father

@OP:

What do you mean by 'too weak'?
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 21, 2015
bukatyne:

@OP:

What do you mean by 'too weak'?
I mean too weak to take actions
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by bukatyne(f): 12:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
cuteshantel39:
I mean too weak to take actions

There is little the man or anyone else can do when the partner decides to misbehave .

The worst is to part ways.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by 5minsmadness: 12:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
bukatyne:

There is little the man or anyone else can do when the partner decides to misbehave .

The worst is to part ways.
But there are cases when the man learns to become a disciplinarian and the woman starts to behave responsibly. That way the marriage is saved.

That's what I think they mean when they say the man is weak. He cares too much for her and won't want to carry out any disciplinary action on her.

3 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by bukatyne(f): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

But there are cases when the man learns to become a disciplinarian and the woman starts to behave responsibly. That way the marriage is saved.

That's what I think they mean when they say the man is weak. He cares too much for her and won't want to carry out any disciplinary action on her.

That 100% depends on if the wife still wants the marriage in the first place.

He should try the 'disciplinarian' husband first; I would agree there are some women who do not like care

BTW, is there anything wrong with a 'caring' husband?
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by 5minsmadness: 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
bukatyne:

That 100% depends on if the wife still wants the marriage in the first place.

He should try the 'disciplinarian' husband first; I would agree there are some women who do not like care

BTW, is there anything wrong with a 'caring' husband?

It depends on what u mean by 'caring'.

A man goes all out for his wife and treats her like an egg. He helps with the house chores, washes the clothes, gives her preference when watching TV, doesn't force her to have sex, cooks occasionally, etc and you find out that most women treat men like them like dirt. They don't appreciate them and abuse them verbally and emotionally at every opportunity.

Such a man is 'caring'.

Sometimes however a man has to show his assertive side. He has to exhibit a little bit of madness to draw wifey back on track. He has to go at it with an "I don't care" attitude and mean it. Most times the woman will complain but rarely will they quit the marriage.

6 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by bukatyne(f): 2:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

A man goes all out for his wife and treats her like an egg. He helps with the house chores, washes the clothes, gives her preference when watching TV, doesn't force her to have sex, cooks occasionally, etc and you find out that most women treat men like the like dirt. They don't appr8eciate them and abuse them verbally and emotionally at every opportunity.

Such a man is 'caring'.

What is wrong with such a husband ?

He should just ensure that he marries a wife who appreciates him and always wants to make him Happy.

I was obviously you fast, just saw your modification

It depends on the wife. If she needs the 'assertive' side, I guess you mean 'mean, the man should try it.

Everybody with a healthy self esteem is assertive.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by mutter(f): 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Your friend better pick his pants and put them on angry
How can a man come home from work and no food waiting for him!
Hell I am a woman but in the holidays if I come home from work and the kid`s have not tidied and cleaned up- Hell will break loose!
Is he a slave for the woman. What happened to division of labour? A home is a joint responsibility.
WOMAN WRAPPER!
Does he think going out and exposing himself to disease and dangers will help him?
He should insist on his wife performing her marital duties even if it means he has to shout it on the mountain top.

If she refuses send her home to have a good think!
Probably he grew up without a dad and never learnt to be a man.

11 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by MrsAnyanwu(f): 2:34pm On Apr 21, 2015
joanne1:

Urs is d dumbest post ever, if u dnt have an advice for d op u can just take several seats away frm here and watch,its not by force to comment. Well mi dear op sth is obviously wrong with both of them. Cos thr has to be a reason why d wife is acting dat way
my thougths exactly, dat guy's post is senseless, op pls tell ur friend to discuss with her... So sorry
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Ewuro4: 2:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
mutter:
Your friend better pick his pants and put them on angry
How can a man come home from work and no food waiting for him!
Hell I am a woman but in the holidays if I come home from work and the kid`s have not tidied and cleaned up- Hell will break loose!
Is he a slave for the woman. What happened to division of labour? A home is a joint responsibility.
WOMAN WRAPPER!
Does he think going out and exposing himself to disease and dangers will help him?
He should insist on his wife performing her marital duties even if it means he has to shout it on the mountain top.

If she refuses send her home to have a good think!
Probably he grew up without a dad and never learnt to be a man.
Madam mutter is back grin
@OP , no comment.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by cococandy(f): 3:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
@bold is what you call 'treating like an egg'? Chai grin
The eggs where you come from must be pretty hard.

That there is normal married-guy routine.
Any guy who doesn't do all the above and some more is a brute.

Seriously what other option does a normal guy have. Not help out at home? Rape his wife?
5minsmadness:

A man goes all out for his wife and treats her like an egg. He helps with the house chores, washes the clothes, gives her preference when watching TV, doesn't force her to have sex, cooks occasionally, etc and you find out that most women treat men like them like dirt. They don't appreciate them and abuse them verbally and emotionally at every opportunity.

Such a man is 'caring'.

Sometimes however a man has to show his assertive side. He has to exhibit a little bit of madness to draw wifey back on track. He has to go at it with an "I don't care" attitude and mean it. Most times the woman will complain but rarely will they quit the marriage.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
cococandy:

Seriously what other option does a normal guy have. Not help out at home? Rape his wife?
This your very post proves that 'nothing a man does that satisfies a woman, most especially, the feminist by heart'! Where is Mandu94 to address this issue? grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by cococandy(f): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
OP I don't understand how your wife friend's wife will cook, eat and feed her son leaving nothing for you your friend.

I can't manage to see that as normal behavior because no normal person will behave that way except she's giving you the silent treatment over something else that your friend didn't tell you or you're not telling us.

Find out what that problem is and fix it. Or try to fix it.

Even a house maid will be hurt if Madam feeds only herself and her child leaving nothing for her.
I don't know what normal woman would treat Her husband that way.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by cococandy(f): 3:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:
This your very post proves that 'nothing a man does that satisfies a woman'! grin grin grin grin
no that there is very satisfying. cheesy
Any lady with a husband that does all that can attest that it is satisfying.
The man is being a true and considerate partner.

Just that 5mins dude considers such to be going all out so I wonder what being regular would mean to him.
Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by 5minsmadness: 3:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
cococandy:

Majority of menfolk who behave like the guy in my example live to regret it.
The women take them for granted.
They start bossing the men around. This isn't theory, this is what i have seen first hand.
you can even read it in the few men that come on nairaland to complain.
Women don't like men that treat them like queens all the time, fact.

If a guy makes the mistake of asking his wife "may i have sex with you?" as a routine , he will regret it.
Before you know it sex will only come at her behest, NEVER at his.

A man who cooks and cleans and washes and does the dishes will soon find himself doing it alllll the time, the woman just sits back and becomes lazy.

I had a girl once when i was naive, I bought her flowers for valentine (not that i didnt have money but i thought roses would have a more significant meaning than any material gift, silly me grin), I would carry her books to class and all the romantic stuff. Women can't stand that behavior for long. They want a man to be in control, to tell them what to do, to OWN them. This doesnt necessarily mean the man should be wicked or a slave-master, simply that being a man he should be more assertive, more confident, more steadfast and determined in what his likes and dislikes are.

I ended up handing my first love to another guy on a silver platter. she went after him because he was more assertive. he slapped her on the second week of thier dating because she made the mistake of thinking she could behave with him the way she did with me. she came to me to report but they made up the next day. they are married now with three kids.

This is the truth of the world we live in, men should stop taking examples from telemundo. Women want heroes, men they can look up to, not men who will worship them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Matured Advice Needed Urgently Esp From The Married by bukatyne(f): 3:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
5minsmadness:

Majority of menfolk who behave like the guy in my example live to regret it.
The women take them for granted.
They start bossing the men around. This isn't theory, this is what i have seen first hand.
you can even read it in the few men that come on nairaland to complain.
Women don't like men that treat them like queens all the time, fact.

If a guy makes the mistake of asking his wife "may i have sex with you?" as a routine , he will regret it.
Before you know it sex will only come at her behest, NEVER at his.

A man who cooks and cleans and washes and does the dishes will soon find himself doing it alllll the time, the woman just sits back and becomes lazy.

I had a girl once when i was naive, I bought her flowers for valentine (not that i didnt have money but i thought roses would have a more significant meaning than any material gift, silly me grin), I would carry her books to class and all the romantic stuff. Women can't stand that behavior for long. They want a man to be in control, to tell them what to do, to OWN them. This doesnt necessarily mean the man should be wicked or a slave-master, simply that being a man he should be more assertive, more confident, more steadfast and determined in what his likes and dislikes are.

I ended up handing my first love to another guy on a silver platter. she went after him because he was more assertive. he slapped her on the second week of thier dating because she made the mistake of thinking she could behave with him the way she did with me. she came to me to report but they made up the next day. they are married now with three kids.

This is the truth of the world we live in, men should stop taking examples from telemundo. Women want heroes, men they can look up to, not men who will worship them.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

You know, I thought I had read it all.

I can't stand a man not like that anyways

Different preferences anyways.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Caught In D Act......how Do I Play It Out? / SUREHOME MARRIAGE SEMINAR | July 2023 Edition / Pains Over My Sister’s Pregnancy For My Husband…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.