Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,011 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:25 AM

Exorbitant School Fees: Buhari Help...and Other Matters Arising(must Read) - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Exorbitant School Fees: Buhari Help...and Other Matters Arising(must Read) (692 Views)

Its September !!! School Fees Palaver (photo) / Amaechi E Don Do Abeg...and Other Matters Arising... / Aliko Please Buy Calabar Rovers And Other Matters Arising... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Exorbitant School Fees: Buhari Help...and Other Matters Arising(must Read) by MojiDelano(f): 1:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
PDPs Last Man Standing

My Oga, General David Mark has declared that even if he was the last man standing, he would not leave PDP. The fact that over night PDP moved from the largest Party in Africa to a Local Government Champion will not make him join his many colleagues who have ran to the Jagaban for refuge. This position is expected of a General who has fought so many battles in our country and has been one of the greatest beneficiaries of the system that has led us to where we are today as a country.
All these fair weather friends decamping and making nonsense of party loyalty are pink cowards. They should wait,when we win back the Presidency after 50 years they will have only themselves to blame. I tell you in 50 years, David Mark and I will insist on a no returnee policy. Look the lose of the Presidency is not the end of the world for PDP at least we still have some areas we recaptured from Boko Haram. We will manage these small enclaves and start our rebuilding from there. Sooner than you realize it, we would be ready to take back our rightful place which is the Presidency. So my dear Senator Mark, I dey kampe behind you. Don't worry you are not standing alone, I dey with you at least till Jagaban finish processing my APC application.

I have just seen school fees bill and I burst in tears. Kai the amount they are asking for is enough to build one small house in Makoko. Where do they expect me to get these kind of money to pay for primary school students. As I call all my friends Na the same story. If at Primary Level, we are seeing these kind of fees what will they be asking for in University. This exploitation must stop. Nigerians follow put mouth o. Instead of taking DSTV to court for increasing their fees, should we not be suing these school proprietors. My school fees was N30 per term at the good old Command Primary School which I attended and it's the same nursery rhymes I sang then that my children are singing at N1m per term today.

These schools don't stop at just the school fees, they organize spurious school trips where they charge another 1m to take your child to go and see Mandela's jail in South Africa. Something has to be done otherwise I will publicly tear my PDP card. Not that it matters sha, but I will still tear it.

My appeal to the President Elect is to intervene. Forget that I did not vote for you, at least my mother In law and nanny voted for you so this should galvanize you to intervene. If they refuse you, kindly introduce me to the Bank that borrowed you the money to pay for your APC application Form. I need this contact urgently otherwise, I will stand naked on third mainland bridge on a good Monday morning until something is done about this crazy school fees.

Leave DSTV alone

I read somewhere that two jobless lawyers took Multi choice or is it DSTV, me I no Kuku know what they call themselves these days to court. Their argument is that the people had no right to increase their subscription fees. I tire for this matter. Is it by force to watch DSTV, if you can't afford it, you can watch NTA or better still peep through your neighbors window. This argument has always befuddled me. Are we the ones who buy the diesel for them to power their machines, are we involved in sourcing the hard currency they use in procuring content and other inputs they need in providing their services. So why is there so much noise on their price increase. Others like car dealers, cloth merchants and even Allen Avenue girls who have all adjusted their prices have not been faced by such public scrutiny so why DSTV. Soon before you know it NLC will call nationwide strike to force a reversal of the price, abeg let's face more important things in this country like looking for the Chibok girls or looking for credible post presidency career for my guy President Jonathan.

2015 Elections: a season of Phone calls

Since President Jonathan's phone call to General Buhari, Nigerians have been inundated with stories of various Phone calls from defeated candidates. From Lagos to Kaduna, everybody have been calling to concede defeat and wish the winner well. This is new to us as Nigerians and I am afraid it will not reach my side. The person that defeated me for street chairmanship in Shomolu has been waiting for my call. He will wait forever. At a point, he even sent me a text asking if I won't call. I replied that I don't have credit, the fool sent me credit. I just hissed and switched off my phone. Call ke. I will never, over my dead body. Let everybody be calling, when Madam Peace call Buhari's wife then May be my wife will call his wife but before then I have deleted his number.

Kunle Afolayan and my first threat

Kunle Afolayan
Since I started writing this colunm I have been waiting for threats from angry readers but none came. At some point I started thinking that maybe I was not being taken seriously so I started thinking of those I will yab with the hope that I will receive my first threat, but none came. Finally last week, I celebrated my first threat. It came on the back of my comment on Kunle's statement on the evil of piracy and the role of the Lagoon loving tribe in the wahala. The threat came immediately via a txt message. I immediately jumped for joy and screamed and showed everybody finally I am now a serious writer. I was so happy because my chances of winning the Nobel Prize just got brighter. The person who sent the text was not happy that I called Kunle, 'average', he called me some unprintable names and warned me to be careful that I had annoyed him. I replied and told him not to vex and he replied again saying 'too late' that I should wait and see. My plea is that before he does anything to me, he should wait for me to pay school fees, watch Buhari take over May 29 and Visit the Oba of Lagos to collect my C of O on my plot in the Lagoon before he carries out whatever plan he has for me.

Senator Folarin and the runaway Transformer.

They say my dear Senator donated a Transformer to a community in Oyo state and when he came a distant fourth in the elections had his people collect the Transformer back. That is what I read in one Newspaper before anyone starts having funny idea of suing me for libel. I have to be careful these days o I am owing GTB. You see that is the best thing to do. The community people are all very ungrateful, how could they collect his gift and still went ahead to vote for someonelse. They are very wicked people and I support the Senator for collecting his thing back. To add salt to the injury, they had the guts to go and complain. Let the winner go and buy them Transformer. Transformer ko, Generator Ni. Look all those Obas Jonathan bought walking sticks for and still voted for Buhari despite taking pictures with the sticks pointing towards Jonathan should start getting ready to return them. I am coming for them. The fact that we are calling to accept defeat does not mean that we will not collect our umbrellas, walking sticks and Transformers back. Can you imagine?

-Joseph Edgar
http://josephedgarng..com/2015/04/exorbitant-school-fees-buhari-helpand.html

1 Like

Re: Exorbitant School Fees: Buhari Help...and Other Matters Arising(must Read) by dejt4u(m): 3:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nice writeup..

Coming bk to comment..

Lalasticlala and Ishilove where art thou..
Re: Exorbitant School Fees: Buhari Help...and Other Matters Arising(must Read) by DeKasablanca(f): 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2015
Well, its nt by force to send ur kids to schools that pay that much if u cnt afford it without complaining. Just swap their school to something less. There r a lot of good private schools that pay less. Its nt dan dan that every1 must go to exclusive schools abeg. If u can't pay, change.

(1) (Reply)

A Nigerian To Trek From Lagos To London L2L To Congratulate David Cameron. / Who U Think Say Na Im Mumu Pass / See This Calculation For Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.