Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets (72534 Views)

Warri: The Urhobo/Isoko People In Entertainment And The Warri Brand / Warri- The Urhobos, The Itsekiris And The Ijaws : Facts And Factlets. / Interesting Facts About The Urhobo People Of Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ochillary:
get a life.. DELTA STATE IS AN IGBOLAND UNDERSTAND THAT!

The assertion that delta state is an igbo land is very uncanny and uninttellectual of you. In as much as I would love to be as tribalistic as you are, I'd just rest on the fact that delta state belongs to the Urhobos, Aniomas, Isokos, Itsekiris and Izons. No group has a monopoly. Even if any group is to lay claim, it's definitely not delta igbo. So please, becareful of what you say, it says a whole lot about you.

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo!
ISOKO WADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cheesy

ANY ISOKO PIKIN FROM ILUELOGBO IN THE HOUSE undecided

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by isaiah9(m): 5:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Proudly Isoko boy

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
elomez:

Does my response hurt you? Anyway it doesn't hurt me as an Isoko lady so who are you to get hurt? Anyways, my response was an answer to a stupid question or were you the one that asked the question?
i did nt asked the question. im isoko and we are beautiful in my family, thats why i said u should speak for ur self.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Kennywills7(m): 5:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
emperormero:

Student, Ughelli... U?
Student..Ozoro/warri
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by ccchris(m): 5:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
Proudly isoko boy,repping iyede town,but born and brough up in lagos,visited there just once
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 5:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
Equado:
what has civility got 2 do with stating the obvious?
here is how, non-civilized people make useless statement and call it obvious like uve even traveled outside your house.

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
kweenkong:
Proudly married to an Isoko man from Olomoro village

Welldone..
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by ccchris(m): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
acada111:
Proudly Isoko!! Shout out to all my Isoko brothers and Sisters.....One Love kiss
one love sis
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by nkemdi89(f): 5:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
tonychristopher:

Their cuning nature won't allow them to admit this
Very cunny o wetin urhobo person do me I no fit forget am

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
So many Zombies repping and proudly bla bla bla.... what have you contributed to the tribe? you have been to your clan just once and you are here repping and proudly bunkums... Hypocrisy! #Isoko Wadoooooo
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by ccchris(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
nkemdi89:
The urhobos has swallowed the isokos even politically. Under zoning principle since the urhobos has produced governor in the past it is seen as both zone has . Thereby limiting the chances of political big wigs from isoko to contest. As a deltan we see them as one, despite they aren't united.
isoko is never under urhobo senatorial district or zone,we share the same senatorial district with itsekiri and ijaw

2 Likes

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by martineverest(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Abeg,una too worwor.....urhobo and bini dey black sha...ishans re d finest of all bendel ppl
onosprince:
Proudly Isoko and urhobo... who say we ugly, if I hear.... go straight to my dp and eat ur words....
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by eightsin(m): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
Kizmarty:
yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo!
ISOKO WADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cheesy

ANY ISOKO PIKIN FROM ILUELOGBO IN THE HOUSE undecided

It's no longer ILUELOGBO But OWHELOGBO

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Equado(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
runzlord:
here is how, non-civilized people make useless statement and call it obvious like uve even traveled outside your house.
am based in delta,so have seen the ugliness of the isoko people first hand tongue
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by martineverest(m): 6:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ishan+urhobo=isoko
bini+ìshan+afemai=urhobo
Dteflondon1:

Ogor clan of the urhobos is the closest to decent to the Binis. Owhowha was sent on exile from benin, he was a rebelious benin prince. He gave birth to Ogor, ughelli, Agbara, Orogun. He settled down in the present day Otor-ogor. The clans metioned above are the only ones that have hereditory monarchs i.e Ovie like the benin obas.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by omolekan: 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
searching4love:
undecided

I AM FROM IJEBU IGBO DELTA STATE

shocked.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by onosprince(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
martineverest:
Abeg,una too worwor.....urhobo and bini dey black sha...ishans re d finest of all bendel ppl

U be ishan.... me and my family none of us black
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by martineverest(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
Yeah..proudly esan man.....but na true na.urhobo black no get part 2
onosprince:

U be ishan.... me and my family none of us black
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
Equado:
am based in delta,so have seen the ugliness of the isoko people first hand tongue
please die!
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by onosprince(m): 6:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
martineverest:
Yeah..proudly esan man.....but na true na.urhobo black no get part 2

Abi na benin pple black like charcoal... isoko are mostly light skin with long mouth but thanks to God I escape the long mouth grin

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
omolekan:

shocked.

Kini grin
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Equado(m): 6:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
runzlord:
please die!
please,right after you and your ugly behind tongue
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Viruses: 6:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Evina:
Very enlightening piece. Although I am Urhobo, I find it really difficult understanding the Isoko language. I am yet to notice an ugly looking Isoko person. I'll be marrying into an Isoko family and cuteness is their middle name. cool

That's true, I don't understand Urhobo either
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Equado(m): 6:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
onosprince:

Abi na benin pple black like charcoal... isoko are mostly light skin with long mouth but thanks to God I escape the long mouth grin
Isoko fair?....that's a monumental lie, Isoko people are the definition of BLACK

1 Like

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by onosprince(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2015
Equado:
Isoko fair?....that's a monumental lie, Isoko people are the definition of BLACK

My family no black, maybe its ur family and even other isoko pple have met they are all light in complexion.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Viruses: 6:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
saintneo:
I still don't see any difference between Isoko and Urhobo. Saying that both groups are different tribes is the sane as saying that Arochukwu, Ngwa, Otuocha, Awka, Oji variety of Igbos are different.

deegwoo, megwoo is just a little change. I wish I am from one of these two tribes really really understand the differences.

Let's look at the same sentences in Igbo dialects.

Queens English: I am going to school.
Standard Igbo: M na-aga ülö akwükwö.
Onitsha Igbo: M na-aga ünö akwükwö.
My village: M le-eje ülö ekwükwö.

All these mean the same thing but look different.

literarymathy give us more info

They are different, just like the Igbos have different dialets like you mentioned, Isoko too have different dialets.
When you go from one community to the other, you will notice them speaking it with slight difference but you will understand them if you are Isoko.
There is also central Isoko just like you have central Igbo.

I don't know if Urhobo have different dialets too.

Ordinarily, an Isoko man cannot just understand Urhobo fluently if he has not learnt it or spent time there and vice versa.

It's just like calling Ishan in Edo state same as Bini; but if you know them, you will know they are entirely different tribes.

I served in the east and all through my stay there, they called me Igbo, to them, you are either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo and because i'm neither Yoruba or Hausa, they called me Igbo; so it's okey if you don't really acknowledge them as different

2 Likes

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by babamadiba(m): 6:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
ritze:

why won't they be wonderful?
you 'serve" well well shey.

isoko girl are realy realy wonderful
lol..not what you think.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Dteflondon1(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
martineverest:
Ishan+urhobo=isoko
bini+ìshan+afemai=urhobo

This your history is wrong. If I may ask where is the origin of the Ishan and Afemai?. They migrated from benin just the way urhobo and isoko did.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Dteflondon1(m): 6:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Viruses:

They are different, just like the Igbos have different dialets like you mentioned, Isoko too have different dialets.
When you go from one community to the other, you will notice them speaking it with slight difference but you will understand them if you are Isoko.
There is also central Isoko just like you have central Igbo.

I don't know if Urhobo have different dialets too.

Ordinarily, an Isoko man cannot just understand Urhobo fluently if he has not learnt it or spent time there and vice versa.

It's just like calling Ishan in Edo state same as Bini; but if you know them, you will know they are entirely different tribes.

I served in the east and all through my stay there, they called me Igbo, to them, you are either Yoruba, Hausa or Igbo and because i'm neither Yoruba or Hausa, they called me Igbo; so it's okey if you don't really acknowledge them as different

The urhobos have different dialect. Ughelli and environs greet migwo, uwvie greets digwo. The okpe dialect i.e sapele, oghara and environs is a little bit different from ughelli and other ogwhowha clans.
Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by Dteflondon1(m): 6:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
nkemdi89:
The urhobos has swallowed the isokos even politically. Under zoning principle since the urhobos has produced governor in the past it is seen as both zone has . Thereby limiting the chances of political big wigs from isoko to contest. As a deltan we see them as one, despite they aren't united.

Urhobos occupy delta central senatorial district which produced james ibori. Isoko, itsekiri and ijaws occupy delta south senatorial district which produced the incumbent governor. Isokos are being marginalised in their senatorial district by the ijaws and itsekiris. Isoko was supposed to produce the senator for that zone but the ijaws held onto it, the ijaws hijacked the slot of deputy governor for the incoming government zoned to that district. Urhobo see isoko as a brother and close ally both politically and in other aspects.

3 Likes

Re: The Isoko People Of Delta State : Facts & Factlets by martineverest(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
I mean urhobo language not d ppl
Dteflondon1:

This your history is wrong. If I may ask where is the origin of the Ishan and Afemai?. They migrated from benin just the way urhobo and isoko did.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Some Funky Igbo Names And Their Meaning / Photos Of An Igbo Village Built In Virginia, USA / The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.