Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,445 members, 7,808,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin (40603 Views)

Oil Exploration In Bauchi Reaches Advanced Stage (Photos) / Start Oil Exploration In Benue - Buhari Orders NNPC / Crude Oil Drilling In Lake Chad Basin To Start Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Crieff(m): 7:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I no blame una! It's the South South/South East political elite i blame!!....They roll over and accept all the rubbish these 'owners of Nigeria' throw at them like neutered little shih-tzus!

Resource control bill shouldn't be passed.....not until the parasitic north says so abi? We down south are effectively weighed-down by this north, and can't progress as fast as we could when dragging along this kind of dead weight!

This charade of a country makes me sick!!!

Don't mind him. He said that spitefully. Truth is, things hardly turn out in the way we expect them to.
Don't let it get to you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by appini: 7:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
Whoever starts primary school for old age will only reach primary three at death.

Good luck to you Baba one chance..

9 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by omenka(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:
More mouth watering promises, I just can't wait for this man to be sworn in. He should just pray he fulfills all his promises, because if he doesn't.... Hehehehehehe grin grin, Then he should get ready to revoke the Freedom of information bill, because I know this man can't withstand criticism and insults like GEJ

**fingers crossed**
Uncross those fingers jor. The gentleman is gonna disappoint all yall. grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by bionixs: 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
That would be a nice move Baba. Am sick and tired of Igbos feeling pompous and claiming They own the oil in the south. Am sick of them Trying to break free and form their Biafra.
Here is an Advice baba,as soon as our oil is Found and refineries gets built, empower agriculture, mining,and education then Give those Igbos what they want BIAFRA!!!
Malaria loading...

7 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by cescky(m): 7:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
sweet sweet talk.....

talk is cheap tho grin

time will tell us the full story

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by ajebuter(f): 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
Baba one chance!

We son hear...

Yimu

6 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Nigeria have wasted millions of dollars in a wild goose chase for oil in the chad basin in the past. The search for oil in the basin is a political decision rather than an economic or scientific decision. It's a waste of the little resources we have.

"Oil reserves exist in the Chad
basin, which is centered in lake Chad which is surrounded by Niger, Cameroon, Chad and Nigeria. Chad is an exporter of oil which runs in 1070 km pipelines through Cameroon.

Nigeria’s exploration of oil from the Basin which extends through Yobe, Borno and Adamawa States have been hindered by Boko Haram insurgency which deliberately hampers commercial exploration. Oil has been discovered in Lake Chad but terrorism continues to push forward the mission of. Nigeria
to start drilling for commercial
quantities.

“Vanguard learnt that the various technical personnel who provided support services for exploration activities have left the region from fear of being killed, while geologists in the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), also shunned the volatile Basin in Borno State for fear of losing their lives.”

According to E&P mag: “Hopes of stepping up oil exploration in Nigeria’s Lake Chad Basin have been dashed by the brutal attacks of Islamic Boko Haram and the Ansaru sect terrorists in the country’s northeastern region.

Between 2011 and 2013 the Nigerian government provided $240 million to facilitate oil and gas exploration activities in the Lake Chad Basin and other northern hydrocarbon basins, including the Benue Trough, Bida Basin and the Sokoto-Rima Basin in northern Nigeria, said Jerry Gana, a former minister of information and chairman of the Northern Economic Summit.

Oil prospecting in the Lake Chad Basin was “yielding promising results and may lead to commercial exploration of oil and gas this year,” Nigeria’s Vice President Namadi Sambo said in a 2013 article in The Weekly Trust. Three blocks were
identified for potential oil and gas exploration, and hopes were to begin exploration
work by 4Q 2013 or 1Q 2014.”"

Source: http://ends.ng/boko-haram-big-oil-and-the-chad-connection/

Google for more information

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by portaableg(f): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
I know you will make us proud. GMB

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by abokikhalifa: 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:
More mouth watering promises, I just can't wait for this man to be sworn in. He should just pray he fulfills all his promises, because if he doesn't.... Hehehehehehe grin grin, Then he should get ready to revoke the Freedom of information bill, because I know this man can't withstand criticism and insults like GEJ

**fingers crossed**
bad balle pple. Insted of you to pray for ur country you ar waiting fof the downfall of buhari...GOD is biGger than you nd ur evil wish

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ekugbeh(m): 7:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ah just de watch dis guy as he dey rush him mouth lyk tap water

no worry...

Hehehe...

Laffin lyk dat otueke guy

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Onyiridike(f): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
That would be a nice move Baba. Am sick and tired of Igbos feeling pompous and claiming They own the oil in the south. Am sick of them Trying to break free and form their Biafra.
Here is an Advice baba,as soon as our oil is Found and refineries gets built, empower agriculture, mining,and education then Give those Igbos what they want BIAFRA!!!

I hope the Niger Deltans are reading this. It is now glaring that Nigeria still exist because of the huge crude oil deposit in your land and once Hausas discover oil, Nigeria becomes history.

My question is: "will they pay back for all the crude oil money that was used to develop the North?"

You already know the answer.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ekugbeh(m): 7:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
portaableg:
I know you will make us proud. GMB
2019 shall tell

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by abokikhalifa: 7:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Did Igbos ever claim they own it?... Igbos are from the south east, the oil producing States are the south south. Did you go to school
it have do na...abeg no finish the guy
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ihuomadinihu: 7:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:
oboi this guy dey vex oh. Oya why do you think them igbos want their republic of Biafra? Go search through history books and you will see that the Biafra map had The south south where the oil is.
Go through your history books once again. That was the former Eastern region and Igbos are also found outside the South East.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Firefire:

The WORLD is watching 'Baba Once Chance' cheesy cheesy
We are seriously waiting for this. We want Resource control...

lol @Bold grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ekugbeh(m): 7:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Onyiridike:

I hope the Niger Deltans are reading this. It is now glaring that Nigeria still exist because of the huge crude oil deposit in your land and once Hausas discover oil, Nigeria becomes history.

My question is: "will they pay back for all the crude oil money that was used to develop the North?"

no crude oil de
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by spencestanlis: 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
M so sorri dat fool hu said buhari give de igbo biafara after sucking dem dry dt show hw sum northner r selfish , weel is nt ur fault it is de faul of dose fools dat united a smaall area to lare area n called it nigeriaa

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Goziemartins: 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:

BUT MEANWHILE YOU WANT TO CONTINUE THE PARASITIC TYPE OF LIFE THAT YOU'RE LEADING WHILE TALKING ILL OF THE REAL OWNERS(at least for now) OF THE VERY THING THAT MAKES YOU SHOUT ONE NIGERIA.....Anu ohia !!!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Acidosis(m): 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
No sensible company will invest in that location.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
Onyiridike:

Don't worry bros, we are reading my brother... As for your question, we don't need them to pay back, we will always get back to our feat

9 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by truefact: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:

So after the Northerners get everything they need to stand before they can free other? You have simply make us know that the Northerners are in this Union because of its benefits

7 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Kororugged: 7:42pm On Apr 20, 2015
Firefire:

Brother,

Who is making the news?

Why cant Baba keep quite until after he assume power ?

Abi Baba get Malaria for mouth ni ?

All his too much talk and promises upon promises is making him look as a Badoo Omo Mushin... grin

Firefire Baba mi. Long time

Shakabula 1234, are we safe sir?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by abokikhalifa: 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

That was then, not now. Then the Eastern region comprised of most of present day south south and South East, But there's nothing like that now, So get your facts right.
you should be the one to get ur fact right..wat do you mean by 'that was then' what of now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^I no blame una! It's the South South/South East political elite i blame!!....They roll over and accept all the rubbish these 'owners of Nigeria' throw at them like neutered little shih-tzus!

Resource control bill shouldn't be passed.....not until the parasitic north says so abi? We down south are effectively weighed-down by this north, and can't progress as fast as we could when dragging along this kind of dead weight!

This charade of a country makes me sick!!!
That is the gospel truth. In the past some of us listened to them like Zombies but we are wiser.

9 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by icelord(m): 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
showyourcertificate, temitemi1 truckpusher, Severussnapes, and firefire are one of the biggest fools of nairaland... God help thy thinking

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by veron007: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
Where will he get the money to sustain such wild goose chase? We wasted more than 10 years exploring oil in the Chad basing without anything to show for it. And we want to go down the same fruitless route.
MalcoImX:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/my-agenda-for-northeast-buhari/

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Ihuomadinihu: 7:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
His primary motive behind running for Aso rock is to work for the North....that's the summary of this post. When he unfolds what he intends to do for Nigeria,we will take him serious.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by icelord(m): 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
showyourcertificate, firefire, Severussnapes, truckpusher and temitemi1 are one of the biggest fools on nairaland
Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by DonDiego(m): 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
Soon Buhari will promise the North that he will explore for the Atlantic Ocean in the deserts of Maiduguri. That is how truly clueless he is, making fairytale promises just to win a few chants of 'Sai Baba.' E go soon clear them for eye.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by sewentybaba: 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
Buhari will, Buhari will, Buhari will......................... ..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari To Resume Oil Exploration In The Chad Basin by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
acenazt:

chai!! Igbo people don suffer for una hand. una get real talent, I know sabi how una dey manage turn every topic for NL into Igbo this Igbo that.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buratai Visits Colombian Army Headquarters. (Photos) / Dr. Sola Saraki Is DEAD / Teach Me How You Meandered Back To Senate - Rochas, Lawan In Soft Jibe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.