Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,852 members, 7,806,414 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? (14687 Views)

Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted / Things Responsible Men Do When Their Partner Is Pregnant -bamisepeters' Blog / Why Are Nigerian Women So Materialistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Allosaurus: 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
True false undecided
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Bonapart(m): 9:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
Women, women, women...
Wat kind of life is this...
Talk me money not bitches
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by ignis: 9:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
False
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by scholarosisi(f): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Threads like this give reason for bone idle, lazy guys to never see the need to get up and hustle.

You'll see them on Nland all day and all night present in every fight and roaming about like monitoring spirits, even while lazing on their backsides for days without bothering to have a wash, browsing online with topped up credit from mum, dad, uncle, and aunty... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I don't want to die of laughter abeg. Some people can yab ooo chai
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by onyi4edu(f): 9:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Daniyemi:
A responsible man shouldn't cause his woman to be materialistic.

A Responsible man should know when his woman is in want and provide accordingly to the size of his pocket.

I am a guy but it is appalling how a guy would just totally ignore the needs of his woman in the guise that She shouldn't be materialistic.

I wish I can like ur post more than once. Whenever a man wants to run away from his responsibilities, he accuses the woman of being materialistic. So funny

4 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
a certain amount of money and success is needed... no woman wants a wretched man as a husband.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Apex32: 10:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
Is not all about materialistic but for both parties to complement each other for betterment of their unborn children
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
teeowl:
a certain amount of money and success is needed... no woman wants a wretched man as a husband.
1. How much is needed?
2. Is it a man that wants a liability for a wife?

Look at the issue from both sides bro
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
I am looking at it from both sides because I don't do relationship with jobless girls (or students)... a jobless lady (or student) without a source of income is just a f.uc.kmate with a 2 - 3 months lifespan for me... so it is the same standard that I hold for myself that I expect ladies to hold for me.

Kingsleyinfo:

1. How much is needed?
2. Is it a man that wants a liability for a wife?

Look at the issue from both sides bro

3 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
teeowl:
I am looking at it from both sides because I don't do relationship with jobless girls (or students)... a jobless lady (or student) without a source of income is just a f.uc.kmate with a 2 - 3 months lifespan for me... so it is the same standard that I hold for myself that I expect ladies to hold for me.

Thank you sir

You hold yourself to the same level of responsibility as your partner.

If men can adopt that principle, some ladies will grow up.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by petermichaels(m): 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
True as in very true
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Fredzy7(m): 10:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
Women are and will always be materialistic, but what some do to get those materials and things of life can be really appalling. I know of my friend that approached a girl once. He was looking neat but she called him dirty and not in her level(as if she worked for the money she was spending). I was frankly embarrassed to be standing close at the time. Less than a year later he join the Navy and became an officer. We were in the barracks and her father was a soldier. when he came he said I should take him to her house, when her father saw him he saluted him and called his daughter then the three of us went out he bought a lot of things for her and within some hours she was calling him "honey" when she first said it I was shocked that there were gals like this undecided. He told me that he plans to score and carry on without her, but I said he just should let it go though i know he is going to score anyway. t
That what being too materialistic gets you @girls and never tell anyone that he/she is not at your level because this life is an hour glass
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by NobleG1(m): 11:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Looking for a lover in your social class is not being materialistic. If you're rich and wants to have a rich boyfriend or husband, it's not being materialitic.

Both men and women can be gold-diggers. In Nigerian sick mentality, gold-digging is attached to only women.

Let me give you few examples of being materialistic (or gold digging);
- You are rich and you still want a partner who will provide everything for you.
- You're poor and you only want to date rich people for their money.
- If you have insatiable demand for material stuff.
- When you dump your partner simply because he or she has financial problem.
- If you have a sugar daddy or mummy.

And more...

2 Likes

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by oka4ugoo: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Penssuwa:
I don't know what you're trying to say, or colour you want to coat the truth with, but I know that every woman is materialistic and selfish. What differs is the degree.
I see you. #runs out of thread# mama come oo! come and see brother Chibuike on the internet.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by golddeejay(m): 11:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
To me, i think there shd be a distinction btw a poor guy and a broke guy. Most poor guys can even be hardworking physically but mentally lazy, it will b difficult for such to be successful. A broke guy to me has ideas, 'hardworking' and has potential to be successful though nothing is certain.

Now a responsible lady should not be materalistic. A gal that is materalistic is not responsible, u have to look at the value and the potential of ur guy. If a materalistic lady got married to a guy that is into some illegal activities and got rich(i will not say successful) thru dat but he has no idea or plan for the future, what will happen to dat marriage when his source of cash is finally blocked?

A responsible lady does not start looking for a ready made man to settle down with but rather stick stand beside that with that guy that is stepping up and support him in her own way.

If i just want have a nice time with a lady then i get flashy that is what attracts them,
I will never be 'flashy' with a lady i plan on going into a long time relationship with. I will rather let her know am jst okay. Because if money(because that is success to materalistic ladies) is foundation of our union, what will it blows away becos money are like breeze sometimes. I dont want a lady that will not sacrifice for me and just want me ready made. Then u dont deserve to be called my other half.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Eisenhower(m): 11:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Threads like this give reason for bone idle, lazy guys to never see the need to get up and hustle.

You'll see them on Nland all day and all night present in every fight and roaming about like monitoring spirits, even while lazing on their backsides for days without bothering to have a wash, browsing online with topped up credit from mum, dad, uncle, and aunty... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

SeƱorita, this is dope.

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by obiaguna(m): 11:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
Daniyemi:

A Responsible man should know when his woman is in want and provide accordingly to the size of his pocket.

I am a guy but it is appalling how a guy would just totally ignore the needs of his woman in the guise that She shouldn't be materialistic.

I totally agree with you
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by UncleJ: 12:04am On Apr 22, 2015
Nice one bro.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Austyn44(m): 1:45am On Apr 22, 2015
MRBrownJ:
brotha Timbuktou
even a woman with money should value a man without any, whats good for the goose is good for the gander, but as i have said countless times here on NL, the "no romance without finance" mindset has got to GO!!!!! and only we men can get rid of it.
listen, there are gazillions of women out there that are throwing totos at us like frisbees, yet we still have so many desperate men out there who will gladly lower themselves to satisfy these criminals called GDs. the mind of these women (along with the society that breeds them) is the problem here and only us (men) can fix it. if they get turned down over and over again, i assure you that there will eventually be romance without finance, as it should be.

what is the norm, really? do you think it is normal for a woman to value you as a prospect for marriage, depending on whether you have a fat wallet or not? that is these broke aasss women's norm, in order to find a quick and easy way out of their miserable lives. we (men) have to rise up and bring OUR norms to the table, and if you dont get toto to mount because of that, then go see ashewos for relief, lol!

if women dont want to deal with you because of your wallet size then you should not make any adjustments whatsoever in your life, and instead, you should seek to associate with better people in your life.

having money is not a "quality" that women should seek in men, and if they are, then these women are liabilities. here are the QUALITIES that the responsible women should seek:
- LOVE
- RESPECT
- TRUST
- INTEGRITY
- MORALS
- CLASS
- MANNERS
- COMMON SENSE
- CHARACTER
- PATIENCE

with all the above in hand, you cannot fail in life/love!

Nice one bro

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Migurl: 2:27am On Apr 22, 2015
Some men are lazy and are gold diggers. Looking for women who have money or whose parents are rich so that they can reap what they have not sown..
But some questions still remain. why is it that the greater percentage of men who always complain about women being materialistic are men who are yet to earn a penny for themselves.
Furthermore, why is it that men do not talk about those ladies that they tried to buy or seduce with their money and the lady asked them to go to hell?
Advice: find yourself that girl who will suffer with you when you are struggling to make it so that when you start earning the big money you will enjoy it with her. Quit nagging.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Bibol(f): 6:13am On Apr 22, 2015
A responsible woman will stand by you during tough times and love you just the way you are. Her encouragement will go a long way

Every woman wants a man that is hardworking and focused

It is not a crime for a woman to desire a man with a stable source of income, probably with a higher pay than what she gets, some women love their men to dominate financially

The real question should be: Will she stand by you when things are not as good as they used to be?

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by fabulousdora(f): 7:11am On Apr 22, 2015
Daniyemi:

God bless you....you ll live long
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Penssuwa(m): 7:36am On Apr 22, 2015
oka4ugoo:

I see you. #runs out of thread# mama come oo! come and see brother Chibuike on the internet.
wow, who is this my brother/friend that blew my cover.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by JudgementHammer: 8:25am On Apr 22, 2015
The approach to answer that question is simple. The answer depends on what response you give to this

Kingsleyinfo:
..... It's because they are too responsible
to walk into poverty with their eyes open."

Does this mean all poor guys are irresponsible? Yes or no?

1 Like

Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by eyinjuege: 8:28am On Apr 22, 2015
Kingsleyinfo:

Beauty is vain if you ask me, but still I will prefer a beautiful lady to an ugly one. #Fact

There's very little difference between you and the women who marry for material gains. You marry her for her beauty, and she can unapologetically marry you for your money angry
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by ogianyo(m): 8:40am On Apr 22, 2015
The prehistoric folks had their way of choosing mates. The males looked at their female, noted the girth of her waist, the strength and nimbleness of her body,her bosom. He is sizing and reading her capacity to bear children and be a help in farming. The woman also looked at her potential mate and to note of his strength and manliness. She is deciding if she could trust him to provide for her and her children. In the modern day. Nothing has changeec except that all those sizing is now cash denominated. A woman wants a man who can look after her and the family.if she settles for anything less it's for other reasons not rational
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by yettyalo: 8:40am On Apr 22, 2015
Love is love,but money modifies and makes it beautiful. A woman going into marriage without checking her husband finances should have her head examined. In a marriage,when there is money,happiness is everywhere. Even as a single,if u are broke,ur mood will change(sadness),so y are we deceiving ourselves dat money does not matter in a marriage. Not dat d husband should be enormously rich,but at least, he should b able to cater s his family.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 22, 2015
Daniyemi:

Really impressed it came from a guy. You just said the truth.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by Migurl: 9:07am On Apr 22, 2015
ogianyo:
The prehistoric folks had their way of choosing mates. The males looked at their female, noted the girth of her waist, the strength and nimbleness of her body,her bosom. He is sizing and reading her capacity to bear children and be a help in farming. The woman also looked at her potential mate and to note of his strength and manliness. She is deciding if she could trust him to provide for her and her children. In the modern day. Nothing has changeec except that all those sizing is now cash denominated. A woman wants a man who can look after her and the family.if she settles for anything less it's for other reasons not rational

Oh my what a wonderful paragraph. Nothing really has changed. Men also size up the looks of the woman. Some go ahead to test her fertility by impregnating her. Women on the other hand still size up the man to see if he can take care of them and the children that hopefully will come eventually. Some go ahead to test by making demands to see how the man will respond.
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by ewizard1: 9:13am On Apr 22, 2015
Daniyemi:

BEST COMMENT OF THE ENTIRE DAY!
Re: Responsible Women Are Not Materialistic True Or False? by razqoz: 9:16am On Apr 22, 2015
D responsibility of a woman makes her materialistic.
A woman will surely want 2settle wit a man who's commited, resposible, focused $ also wit a bright future. Evn if u dnt av a penny, she'll stand by u $ support u in all ramificatn (provided u av a future ooo), encourage u wen u feel lyk giving up $ also monitor u as u grow $ succeed in life... All dz RESPONSIBILITIES make her MATERIALISTIC... #Razqoz#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Triplets After Years Of Waiting (Photos) / Can You Be A Full Time House Husband! / My Dad's Treatment Of My Mum Made Me A Feminist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.