Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,270 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement (43641 Views)

Senate Set To Sanction Ndume Over “unparliamentary Comments " / U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement / U.S. Likely To Sanction Orubebe, Shema, Others Over Election Incitement, Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Raiders: 12:24am On Apr 21, 2015
NZEGWUAGU:
Americans piss me off. They claim to be the greatest but they have never proven it. They can't go to war with any strong country alone without looking for allies. They went to Vietnam and lost the war. Without the allied forces they cannot stand Russia or China. I have never been to the US and I do not think I will ever want to go there.
I live in the US and US is the greatest nation ever to exist in human history. I am happy that US are the greatest nation because if countries like Russia and China have the power that US have, they will be bullying other nations. The US government is not perfect but they have tried in keeping world peace and keeping other corrupt nation in check. US are the world police. Countries like China and Russia would have turn a blind eye and do nothing if GEJ refused to hand over. One of the reason GEJ agreed to accept defeat is because of US pressure.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by dam4sam: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2015
http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/04/16/uk-nigeria-election-exclusive-idUKKBN0N71KO20150416
Reuters:

(Reuters) - As Muhammadu Buhari closed in on Nigeria's presidency, an aide to election commission chairman Attahiru Jega sent a text message to an independent voting monitor, warning of an imminent threat to the electoral process.

The aide had unearthed a plot by supporters of President Goodluck Jonathan to disrupt the public announcement of the national election results and kidnap Jega in a bid to wreck the count, according to pro-democracy advocates and a Nigeria-based diplomat.

Central to the plan, they said, were Jega's security detail and Godsday Orubebe, a former cabinet minister from Jonathan's Niger Delta, an area whose leaders feared a change of power would mean an end to the perks it enjoyed under Jonathan's presidency.

Orubebe's role was to cause a disturbance at the headquarters of the commission as cover for the abduction of Jega. Orubebe did not respond to requests for comment on the details of the plot.

The commission, called INEC, also declined to comment and turned down requests for an interview with Jega, whom Reuters was unable to reach independently. Reuters found no evidence to suggest that Jonathan, who conceded defeat in the election, was involved. His spokesman and his party, the PDP, did not respond to requests for comment.

While the plot would likely not have changed the result, it could have unleashed fury among Buhari supporters in the north, where 800 people were killed in rioting after his last election defeat in 2011.

But the plot's failure enabled Africa's most populous country to complete its first credible vote since independence in 1960.

"NIGERIA ON TRIAL"

The plot to derail the election in its closing moments was pieced together by Reuters from the text message, events on the ground and interviews with democracy advocates and diplomats in the capital, Abuja.

When he sent the SMS, the election official, whom the sources declined to name for his own protection, hoped the outside world would hear of the plot, the text of the message made clear.

"Fellow countrymen, Nigeria on Trial," read the SMS sent on the morning of March 31 to Clement Nwankwo, head of the Situation Room, an Abuja-based coalition of human rights groups and democracy advocates monitoring the polls. Reuters later saw the SMS.

"Plans are on storm [sic] the podium at the ICC Collation Centre and disrupt the process," it continued, the official dropping words and letters in his haste.

"Nobody is sue [sic] what will happen. Please share this as widely as possible."

At that moment, INEC chairman Jega was about to preside over the announcement of results.

TALLY COUNT

Since the end of army rule in 1999, all four previous votes had been marred by violence and ballot-rigging.

The 2015 poll was different in two crucial aspects.

It was a genuine race, pitting Jonathan, saddled with an ailing economy and an Islamist insurgency, against a former general promising to get tough on corruption and the Boko Haram insurgents.

Voters had also been given biometric ID cards linked to their photographs and fingerprints, making it hard to inflate voter numbers significantly.

As tallies from around the country showed Buhari on course for a win, unidentified PDP hard-liners started to panic, seeking ways of manipulating the count, Nwankwo and the diplomat said, citing political contacts in the Delta and Abuja.

Realising they could not engineer an outright win, PDP agents set about doctoring the tally at collation centres in pro-Jonathan areas to ensure Buhari failed to meet a requirement for 25 percent support in two thirds of states, Nwankwo said, citing reports from election monitors on the ground.

A Reuters reporter witnessed and photographed one tally list in Port Harcourt with suspiciously similar totals for registered voters at polling stations: 500, 500, 500, 500, 500, 500, 500, 500, 450. In another tally centre in the city, 17,594 valid votes were recorded out of a registered voter population of 11,757, the Reuters reporter said.

Foreign election observers also noted the peculiarities - and contacted diplomats in Abuja who called in international intervention.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and his British counterpart Philip Hammond - in Switzerland for talks on Iran - issued a tough statement saying vote counting "may be subject to deliberate political interference".

"CREATE A FRACAS"

But as Buhari's lead grew, some PDP supporters from the Delta, including Orubebe, decided on a final gamble: to create a disturbance in the main INEC hall and have thugs snatch Jega from the stage, according to Nwankwo and the Abuja-based diplomat.

What the group planned to do after the abduction is unclear, the diplomat and Nwankwo said, but the confusion could have triggered nationwide violence.

"It was a desperate thing, mostly by a group of people from the Niger Delta who were in the room," Nwankwo said, describing events that unfolded publicly in the minutes after he received the SMS.

When Jega opened proceedings on the morning of March 31, Orubebe, the former Niger Delta minister, grabbed a microphone and launched into an 11-minute tirade accusing Jega of bias.

"Mr. Chairman, we have lost confidence in you," he shouted, pushing away officials trying to make him surrender the microphone. "You are being very, very selective. You are partial," he continued, surrounded by three or four supporters. "You are tribalistic. We cannot take it."

Nigerians watched, aghast, on live television.

Meanwhile, Jega's security detail was approached by unidentified individuals telling them to stand down, according to Nwankwo and the diplomat.

But the bodyguards refused.

"Some of the guards who had been guarding Jega for years demanded a written order," Nwankwo said. "But it didn't exist."

Jega then rebuked Orubebe: "Let us not disrupt a process that has ended peacefully," he said as Orubebe slumped in his chair.

"Mr. Orubebe, you are a former minister of the Federal Republic. You are a statesman in your own right. You should be careful about what you say or about what allegations you make," he said.

Later, Orubebe congratulated Buhari on Twitter, expressing his "apologies to fellow Nigerians".

1 Like

Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by dam4sam: 1:01am On Apr 21, 2015
Comments:

1.) Simple fact. I laughed when everyone was going on about GEJ being a statesman because he conceded defeat.

It took 6 years for him to become a Statesman abi? Wonderful.

Na God save us for Naija! PDP!!! criminals to the end.

2.) Those calling Jonathan a statesman and praising him for conceding defeat are myopic or simply doing it intentionally to swell his head so that he could just vamoose from Aso-Rock to prevent him destroying our democracy. Jonathan does not worth the praise that people have poured upon him; he is a saddist that don't care about whatever happens to Nigeria.

STATESMEN ARE CONSISTENT NOT ACCIDENTAL. JONATHAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN NOTHING CLOSE TO STATESMANSHIP FOR THE 6 YEARS HE HELD SWAY AS NIGERIA OPPRESSOR. GOD JUST DECIDED TO REMOVE HIM FOR PEACE TO REIGN IN NIGERIA. QED.

I have said it before that Jonathan had no choice than to concede to defeat because there was no more any hiding place for him. The SS & SE votes that he depended on to manipulate figures could not save him because they saw that the gap was too wide for them to close. Jonathan is a dangerous man so are his demonic PDP vampires, rogues and vagabonds. May we never have a party like PDP to govern this country again.

The coming weeks, months and years would be very very interesting because all the fraud and stealing perpetrated by Jonathan and PDP would be gradually unraveled!!!

3.) In the coming months, a lot of Pandoras box will be opened. And when Professor Attahiru Jega writes his memoir Nigerians would be let into the full cocktail of intrigues that evil men in the PDP and presidency engaged in in the weeks prior to and during the elections. The intense pressure and intimidation brought to bear on him to throw in the towel and his determine not to yield to the whims and caprice of evil men in the corridor of power.

4.) I said the same thing to a group of my friends who were already believing that scam of GEJ making that devilish phone call. He was constantly reminded of the Gbabo treatment that was why he had to let go or else GEJ was ready to set Nigeria on fire, but God pass man. If he GEJ was a gentleman why did he allow the character assassination against the people's General during their campaign calling him names and swearing that he was not electable and will not rule this country. God is gradually exposing GEJ and his gang of criminals.

Statesman with these friends:
Kashamu
Obanikoro
Bode George
Fayose
Omisore
Oduah
Alaimisegha
Fani Kayode
Orubebe
Wikke
OPC Gani Adams and Fasheun
Mimiko!

5.) No! It was the African delegation led by Kofi Annan and John Amos that showed Dumbo pictures of Gbagbo in prison, that Joe Biden's phone call only forced Dumbo not to defer the elections again... after he lied to Sen. John Kerry that the elections would hold as scheduled.

6.) Recall that Orubebe kept asking Jega to go to his office(?) if he had done that he would have been abducted!
I kept wondering why he was shouting 'go to your office'. Orubebe claimed there was documentation in the office and Jega should go and examine it. Oh my God! This is what the display was about. Jesus is a wonderful and mighty God. They wanted the Ivory Coast scenario and we would have all been fighting now. You're so observant. Well done!

He acted Jonathan and his evil PDP script to letter. They are evil men. Orubebe was an evil messenger sent by the cabal. God punish Jonathan for his evil plan against Nigeria.

7.) No wonder he(Orubebe) was charging at Jega to leave the collation hall and move to his office...They would have ambushed him on his way to the office...Men... Jonathan is the most useless president ever.

No Wonder orubebe was shouting go to your office and reply to our letter. Had he decided to leave that venue, then their plots would have been executable. Damn patience and wisdom is the key to life. Jega didn't even moved.

8.) Like I said then..Jona has no choice but to make that call to Buhari. The old military boys were watching him because he rub them the wrong way with that certificate saga. They were mad, had a meeting and decided he has to go. He was smart to have make that call, he would not have got out alive from aso rock.

9.) To me, Orubebe's attitude was highly suspicious. I was even questioning his insistence that Jega must leave to his office to attend to their petitions. Then, I was praying Jega should not leave. My thought was that once he leaves the hall PDP will do everything possible to force him to alter the results. I believe the behind-the-scene was very dirty on Jonathan's part and this was why Obama gave kudos to Jega. Jonathan is far from being an hero but a devil.

Now that the election is over, we should let Jonathan and his criminal gangs know nothing must happen to Buhari before the handover date and afterwards

10.) Why are they planning to handover on May 28th at the dinner? Buhari should not go.. The Constitution states on May 29th in a broad daylight not back alley In aso rock

11.) I have always said it that Jonathan did not willingly give up power like that, even in the face of overwhelming defeat. What was Kofi Anna doing with him a day or 2 days before the final announcement? Why was General Abdusalami and one prelate of Anglican doing with him earlier in the day he called to congratulate Buhari?
What did America and British government saw before they started screaming that some elements within the political circle wanted to inflate figure to give advantage to a particular candidate. Why did Jonathan inflate figures from the south east and south south if truly he believes in true democracy.
With time everything will be exposed to the public.
They plotted, schemed, strategised, and laid ambush against the nation's interest, but God our protector destroyed their evil machinations.

12.) News making the rounds say that SOME PDP sympathizers HAVE NOT YET GIVEN UP on GEJ continuing in power with devilish plans to cause a monumental Constitutional crises. Buhari has to be closely protected by a security outfit that is not beholden to this present government. I know only God is the ultimate protector, all the same, these are desperate men in very desperate situation!

13.) The pressure on Jonathan Goodluck to concede defeat was too strong. When Premium Times purported revealed those who prevailed on Jonathan Goodluck to concede defeated all of them were Ibos and I was surprised. Could this be true. I knew never bought into the bare faced lie. It was the US, EU, UK, AU, and ECOWAS that put tremendous pressure on Jonathan to accept defeat. In fact, at a point they issued veiled threats which the Presidency fully decoded and knew the game was up. Jonathan Goodluck, if he was a statesman by accepting defeat, was not a willing statesman. He was a reluctant "statesman".

14.) To the PDP doubters and deniers, please go to Reuters UK site, it gives more details of the kidnap plot than Sahara - it also talks about how the tallies in SE and SS were doctored all over the polling units on the day to deny Buhari a meeting of the 25% requirement. What should bother us is that the abductors were to be his government security detail, paid for by the Nigerian state.
I think PDP should be banned as an organisation in Nigeria, they're nothing but a criminal gang.

15.) I have said it earlier that Dumbo did not concede defeat out of his own freewill but for the pressure put on him by the ex-generals led Abdusalami Abubakar. This was in line with the peace accords they were made to sign before the election. He dare not refuse to concede defeat because he knows what the ex-generals can do if he refuses and the situation degenerates into chaos and/or violence all over the country. #GejIsNotaHero

16.) Hate him or love him, OBJ was the first to alert the whole world to what Jonathan and PDP were planning, being a former "inner caucus member" himself.
Nigerians will be shocked to discover how deadly the Jonathan Presidency had been. Many things will begin to expose after May 29 handover date. Jonathan and Patience intended to retain office by all means or destroy Nigeria. It took a combined efforts of the Western World to stop the very wicked First Couple from hatching their ungodly plans. Obasanjo knew it earlier!

I made a "collection" of these opinions, so everyone can benefit from reading them under just one shop!

What do you think? wink

1 Like

Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Caseless: 3:00am On Apr 21, 2015
chymystique:
Tales by Moonlight undecided...
So its only PDP members that are guilty of election incitemenT? While this year marked a step to Nigeria having a bit Free and Fair election compared to previous years since the inception of democracy. This Looks more like Political witCh hunt by US govt... Why didnt they sanction GMB in 2011 when he threatened to make GEJ's administration ungovernable and also incited violenCe in the north that killed sCores of people including Youth Corps members? This is Hypocrisy and so unprofessional of them. undecided
hag, if you dont provide video evidence and link to the part in bold, you are a bad student of history and a stuupid headless girl.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Nobody: 3:24am On Apr 21, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l don't understand the sudden love America has for us or their sudden interst in our elections but what of buhari and his dog and baboon blood will mix or tinubu rig and roast threat or Ameachi parallel government threat and most recently Oba akilou lagoon talk.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by rexzqcom(m): 4:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Rubbish threat. Buhari should be arrested any time he set foot in America or any Western Europe's countries. His is Nigeria number one anti democracy criminal there is. Otherwise this threat is just bull_craps.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by neocortex: 4:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Within a few days USA has suddenly turned to Nigeria's friend. It is common knowledge that America is like the devil, they both give you a hen and ask for your child in return.
#ShineYourEyesNigeria
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by shaiba(f): 4:47am On Apr 21, 2015
This is just talk. Investment and asset worth being deposited in the US will reveal the truth behind this move. We still dey learn.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Caution30: 5:07am On Apr 21, 2015
dam4sam:
Comments:

1.) Simple fact. I laughed when everyone was going on about GEJ being a statesman because he conceded defeat.

2.) Those calling Jonathan a statesman and praising him for conceding defeat are myopic or simply doing it intentionally to swell his head so that he could just vamoose from Aso-Rock to prevent him destroying our democracy. Jonathan does not worth the praise that people have poured upon him; he is a saddist that don't care about whatever happens to Nigeria.

STATESMEN ARE CONSISTENT NOT ACCIDENTAL. JONATHAN HAS ALWAYS BEEN NOTHING CLOSE TO STATESMANSHIP FOR THE 6 YEARS HE HELD SWAY AS NIGERIA OPPRESSOR. GOD JUST DECIDED TO REMOVE HIM FOR PEACE TO REIGN IN NIGERIA. QED.

I have said it before that Jonathan had no choice than to concede to defeat because there was no more any hiding place for him. The SS & SE votes that he depended on to manipulate figures could not save him because they saw that the gap was too wide for them to close. Jonathan is a dangerous man so are his demonic PDP vampires, rogues and vagabonds. May we never have a party like PDP to govern this country again.

The coming weeks, months and years would be very very interesting because all the fraud and stealing perpetrated by Jonathan and PDP would be gradually unraveled!!!

3.) In the coming months, a lot of Pandoras box will be opened. And when Professor Attahiru Jega writes his memoir Nigerians would be let into the full cocktail of intrigues that evil men in the PDP and presidency engaged in in the weeks prior to and during the elections. The intense pressure and intimidation brought to bear on him to throw in the towel and his determine not to yield to the whims and caprice of evil men in the corridor of power.

4.) I said the same thing to a group of my friends who were already believing that scam of GEJ making that devilish phone call. He was constantly reminded of the Gbabo treatment that was why he had to let go or else GEJ was ready to set Nigeria on fire, but God pass man. If he GEJ was a gentleman why did he allow the character assassination against the people's General during their campaign calling him names and swearing that he was not electable and will not rule this country. God is gradually exposing GEJ and his gang of criminals.

Kashamu
Obanikoro
Bode George
Fayose
Omisore
Oduah
Alaimisegha
Fani Kayode
Orubebe
Wikke
Mimiko!

5.) No! It was the African delegation led by Kofi Annan and John Amos that showed Dumbo pictures of Gbagbo in prison, that Joe Biden's phone call only forced Dumbo not to defer the elections again... after he lied to Sen. John Kerry that the elections would hold as scheduled.

6.) Recall that Orubebe kept asking Jega to go to his office(?) if he had done that he would have been abducted!
I kept wondering why he was shouting 'go to your office'. Orubebe claimed there was documentation in the office and Jega should go and examine it. Oh my God! This is what the display was about. Jesus is a wonderful and mighty God. They wanted the Ivory Coast scenario and we would have all been fighting now. You're so observant. Well done!

He acted Jonathan and his evil PDP script to letter. They are evil men. Orubebe was an evil messenger sent by the cabal. God punish Jonathan for his evil plan against Nigeria.

7.) No wonder he(Orubebe) was charging at Jega to leave the collation hall and move to his office...They would have ambushed him on his way to the office...Men... Jonathan is the most useless president ever.

No Wonder orubebe was shouting go to your office and reply to our letter. Had he decided to leave that venue, then their plots would have been executable. Damn patience and wisdom is the key to life. Jega didn't even moved.

8.) Like I said then..Jona has no choice but to make that call to Buhari. The old military boys were watching him because he rub them the wrong way with that certificate saga. They were mad, had a meeting and decided he has to go. He was smart to have make that call, he would not have got out alive from aso rock.

9.) To me, Orubebe's attitude was highly suspicious. I was even questioning his insistence that Jega must leave to his office to attend to their petitions. Then, I was praying Jega should not leave. My thought was that once he leaves the hall PDP will do everything possible to force him to alter the results. I believe the behind-the-scene was very dirty on Jonathan's part and this was why Obama gave kudos to Jega. Jonathan is far from being an hero but a devil.

Now that the election is over, we should let Jonathan and his criminal gangs know nothing must happen to Buhari before the handover date and afterwards

10.) Why are they planning to handover on May 28th at the dinner? Buhari should not go.. The Constitution states on May 29th in a broad daylight not back alley In aso rock

11.) I have always said it that Jonathan did not willingly give up power like that, even in the face of overwhelming defeat. What was Kofi Anna doing with him a day or 2 days before the final announcement? Why was General Abdusalami and one prelate of Anglican doing with him earlier in the day he called to congratulate Buhari?
What did America and British government saw before they started screaming that some elements within the political circle wanted to inflate figure to give advantage to a particular candidate. Why did Jonathan inflate figures from the south east and south south if truly he believes in true democracy.
They plotted, schemed, strategised, and laid ambush against the nation's interest, but God our protector destroyed their evil machinations.

12.) News making the rounds say that SOME PDP sympathizers HAVE NOT YET GIVEN UP on GEJ continuing in power with devilish plans to cause a monumental Constitutional crises. Buhari has to be closely protected by a security outfit that is not beholden to this present government. I know only God is the ultimate protector, all the same, these are desperate men in very desperate situation!

13.) The pressure on Jonathan Goodluck to concede defeat was too strong. When Premium Times purported revealed those who prevailed on Jonathan Goodluck to concede defeated all of them were Ibos and I was surprised. Could this be true. I knew never bought into the bare faced lie. It was the US, EU, UK, AU, and ECOWAS that put tremendous pressure on Jonathan to accept defeat. In fact, at a point they issued veiled threats which the Presidency fully decoded and knew the game was up. Jonathan Goodluck, if he was a statesman by accepting defeat, was not a willing statesman. He was a reluctant "statesman".

14.) To the PDP doubters and deniers, please go to Reuters UK site, it gives more details of the kidnap plot than Sahara - it also talks about how the tallies in SE and SS were doctored all over the polling units on the day to deny Buhari a meeting of the 25% requirement. What should bother us is that the abductors were to be his government security detail, paid for by the Nigerian state.
I think PDP should be banned as an organisation in Nigeria, they're nothing but a criminal gang.

15.) I have said it earlier that Dumbo did not concede defeat out of his own freewill but for the pressure put on him by the ex-generals led Abdusalami Abubakar. This was in line with the peace accords they were made to sign before the election. He dare not refuse to concede defeat because he knows what the ex-generals can do if he refuses and the situation degenerates into chaos and/or violence all over the country. #GejIsNotaHero

16.) Hate him or love him, OBJ was the first to alert the whole world to what Jonathan and PDP were planning, being a former "inner caucus member" himself.
Nigerians will be shocked to discover how deadly the Jonathan Presidency had been. Many things will begin to expose after May 29 handover date. Jonathan and Patience intended to retain office by all means or destroy Nigeria. It took a combined efforts of the Western World to stop the very wicked First Couple from hatching their ungodly plans. Obasanjo knew it earlier!

I made a "collection" of these opinions, so everyone can benefit from reading them under just one shop!

What do you think? wink
Trying desperately to discredit a noble act.
Thinking seriously, GEJ has constantly disappointed most of u guys;
Remember the US prediction of 2015 and their refusal to sell arms to Nigeria in its fight against BH.
Remember the Gbagbo theory and training of snipers by OBJ and that elections will not hold?
The latest is may 28
I can assure you that ,it will come and go.
And GEJ will get the recognition he deserve.
Stop wasting your time

1 Like

Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Caution30: 5:35am On Apr 21, 2015
Raiders:
I live in the US and US is the greatest nation ever to exist in human history. I am happy that US are the greatest nation because if countries like Russia and China have the power that US have, they will be bullying other nations. The US government is not perfect but they have tried in keeping world peace and keeping other corrupt nation in check. US are the world police. Countries like China and Russia would have turn a blind eye and do nothing if GEJ refused to hand over. One of the reason GEJ agreed to accept defeat is because of US pressure.
Yes,you may live in the US, but I don't know if you know much about its foreign policies.
The US involvement any countries is more for its benefits( the US) than the overall benefits of that country.
Its benefits the US for Syria,Egypt ,Ukraine, Iraq to be in conflicts rather than have a closer relationship with Russia or china
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by lizliz: 5:42am On Apr 21, 2015
This news s so cheap! What concerns USA with our political business? Are we still under colonial rule? When we needed help with boko boys where were they? They should mind their business n leave us alone.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by kraftykc(m): 5:51am On Apr 21, 2015
chymystique:
So its only PDP members that are guilty of election incitemenT? While this year marked a step to Nigeria having a bit Free and Fair election compared to previous years since the inception of democracy. This Looks more like Political witCh hunt by US govt... Why didnt they sanction GMB in 2011 when he threatened to make GEJ's administration ungovernable and also incited violenCe in the north that killed sCores of people including Youth Corps members? This is Hypocrisy and so unprofessional of them. undecided

*Sigh* for the umpteenth time GMB never said anything close to that, it was some SA to Atiku who did.

Please you owe it to yourself to honestly assess the reasons why you hate someone, don't blacken your heart on reasons you can't justify
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Jorussia(m): 6:01am On Apr 21, 2015
emperorceaser:

Mumu lik u

We ar talking abt Neo colonialism..
And u ar talking abt deterrence

Think b4 writing anything on Nairaland

We don't nid pple lik u here

Y do American govt tend to involve in Nigerians affairs all the time...
If they can't help fight insurgency then y involving into this particular matter...

They should not toy with us
We neva turn puppet
Nigerians can't b puppet
I blame your parents who couldn't give you a proper home training, instead of you to criticise my comment constructively, you rained insult on me.Pls don't quote me here again, i don't have time for depraved people like you.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by godwin120alex: 6:39am On Apr 21, 2015
I can confidently say USA are jokers.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by authority2006(m): 6:51am On Apr 21, 2015
Honestly, to me, this thing looks more like a revenge from the US. Just to get back at Jonathan and his cabinet and party members. Remember that Jonathan severed his relationship with the US not long ago, the US might have seen it as an affront and a dent to their image.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by tallceejay(m): 6:55am On Apr 21, 2015
The US sound like they r gate keepers of heaven, determining who enters or not. Whay r they so concerned anyways ? That's how they start this 'business relationship' for their gains....no doubt, let the wrong be condenmed but y is d list made up of PdP members ?? If they want to do this, do it right! Some hv threatened blood-bath on d streets in 2011 and this country witnessed the most blood shed since den. Even d write up Smells APC!
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by ChikezieU(m): 6:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Orubebe01: 7:13am On Apr 21, 2015
unclejb2:
I actually do not think Orubebe was wrong when he said Jega was biased. He was saying the bitter truth. Only that Nigeria wanted peace at that point in time. It boils down to some certain people from certain ethnic groups acting stronger than Nigeria and our constitution. Jonathan is really a man of peace.

After May 29....... #Buharibringoutyourgirls
This is an unbiased Nigerian. One bottle of orijin for u.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by richidinho(m): 7:25am On Apr 21, 2015
chymystique:

One stewpid APC agent is hiding somewhere and be vomiting all these $hit that we hear all day
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by richidinho(m): 7:28am On Apr 21, 2015
America na heaven wey person suppose to dey think about?

This Obama sef
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Pamelayoung: 7:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Young03:
Wetin concern US 4 naija matter.

Drinkin paracetamol 4 anoda person headache
I tire o! Mak them close thr yeye door who cares hypocrites!
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by richidinho(m): 7:41am On Apr 21, 2015
dam4sam:
Comments:

Kashamu
Obanikoro
Bode George
Fayose
Omisore
Oduah
Alaimisegha
Fani Kayode
Orubebe
Wikke
Mimiko!

What do you think? wink

You no get work?

Spend all your time writing this trash n the only like is from you

The $hit has no meaning bro...next

1 Like

Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by Mogidi: 8:28am On Apr 21, 2015
hansad:

Guess why the US media continued to blast Jonathan - they wanted a Puppet president for Nigeria who they shall tell sign, and he signs, even without looking at the heading -

campaigning against Jonathan, they said that Nigeria had no government under Jonathan;

they refused to sell arms to Jonathan government under the pretext that the arms would be misused by NA or get to the hands of BH people;

they re-branded a once coup plotter as a no nonsense general - imagine that from the US that detests any soldier that ousted a democratically-elected government;

their press even declared Buhari winner even before the election was conducted;

their ambassador came to INEC central counting centre and sensing that Buhari was winning, he declared the election most advanced and fair, as he said that the PVC card reading technology was yet to be available to the US; imagine a technology that Nigeria can have before the US.

Alas, Nigeria got a president Buhari mostly elected by an ill-informed talakawas.

GBAM!!
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by jomoh: 8:32am On Apr 21, 2015
ozoigbondu:
l don't understand the sudden love America has for us or their sudden interst in our elections but what of buhari and his dog and baboon blood will mix or tinubu rig and roast threat or Ameachi parallel government threat and most recently Oba akilou lagoon talk.

It is obvious from the article that the woman never mentioned names or incidences. It was the writer that suggested people that could be affected. You're also free to add yours like you just did.

In the end, when the sanctioned list comes out and you feel aggrieved you're free to take the US government to court.
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by jibrilaminu003(m): 9:52am On Apr 21, 2015
ozoigbondu:

Lolz....... You wan try. Abee u don't 4get hu GMB b? Well start pour ur baseless comments wae u Sabi lyk craze
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by jibrilaminu003(m): 9:55am On Apr 21, 2015
chymystique:

Any other news... because it seems u r talking about the past. Well start pouring those useless comments u know how to do best
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by jibrilaminu003(m): 9:56am On Apr 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
Supposing this were some credible news, Isn't this another blatant display of hypocrisy?

Why is Oba Akiolu's name and comment conveniently missing?

Lolz.... U wan try!!!
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by ikombe: 10:03am On Apr 21, 2015
bigass:

Its a threat but not threatening violence.
you dont know that if u die now ur family members go carry cutlass come find me for house becos of what i said and from there it can lead to violence. undecided
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by bigass(f): 10:13am On Apr 21, 2015
ikombe:
you dont know that if u die now ur family members go carry cutlass come find me for house becos of what i said and from there it can lead to violence. undecided

HMMMM i didnt see from that angle. you are very corect
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by DJAmyluv: 10:40am On Apr 21, 2015
ijustdey:

did Amaechi incite violence.......
did he called for the people or populace to be killed
Amaechi called for APC to form a parallel govt if Goodluck won. Do u know how many people would have died if this had happened? Pls argue with sense
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by olpachi(m): 10:56am On Apr 21, 2015
U.S always feeling like world government.....make dem go rest Abeg....they will soon fall...and they'll fall real bad and shamefully....u heard it here first
Re: U.S. Likely To Sanction PEJ, Orubebe, Others Over Election Incitement by calcal: 11:13am On Apr 21, 2015
If they are clean they should be fine in Nigeria, what are they going to America for? if medical treatment - that is why they should pay attention to development medical services while they are in power.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Profile Of Dr Thomas-Wilson Ikubese: Nigerian 2019 Presidential Aspirant / North Will Field Better Candidate For 2023 Presidency – Shettima / Enyinnaya Abaribe Asked Buhari To Resign As President (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.