Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. (6199 Views)

Photos: A Man Trekked From Jama'are To Bauchi But Have No One To Welcome Him / Photos: Atiku Abubakar And Bola Tinubu Welcome Man Who Trekked From Yola To Abuj / Buhari Meets & Shakes Man Who Trekked From Lagos To Abuja [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by engrhorla(m): 10:51am On Apr 21, 2015
Olaolufred:
[size=18pt]I have learned in life that it is foolish for a man to say " Nobody can " Just because he can not do it.[/size]
U nailed it man

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ZLANGAARD: 10:59am On Apr 21, 2015
I like all the answers op got.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by Suchie(m): 11:09am On Apr 21, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Blindness is when u believe that a man trekked from lagos to abuja in 19days. Got to abuja looking still fresh. A journey that will take 9hours took this man 19days.
Before you join them in celebrating this liar please digest the following questions, or find a way of getting him provide answers to the questions:

1. Where did he sleep when it is dark?

2. How did he get to change his clothes before continuing on the trip?

3. How come he looks so well fed after trekking for nineteen days?

4. How did he manage to measure his trip in such a way that he did not get stuck in bushy areas at night?

5. Did he have any encounters with dangerous animals or bandits, if no, how come? Or does he possess some spiritual powers?

6. How did he locate his way from Lagos to Abuja without missing his way?

7. How did he get his meals and other things he needed to survive a torturous 19 days trek?
I am curious to get answers, and you can add your own questions.

Chai my people una mumu don over mature. For believe this shit

All of you living in Nigeria na mumu including your leaders.
....i dont comment in trashy stories like this.Just wake up.
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 21, 2015
4bobo:
Because you are ajebota and milo pikin who can hardly run 100 meters without fainting think anyone cant do it. Do you think this thing just happened in a day? A guy was on bike recently from , i think ivory coast to nigeria to show support for bringbackourgirls? and even the bikers that travels long distance across west and east african countries are also to mumu us?
Go and ask and see what your fore fathers pass through in africa before vehicle was introduced.
well, i dont blame you, same was said of vasco da gama several centuries ago
Some people mumu and hatred is immeasurable.....

Have you also heard of nomadics?
LOL
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by Menace2Society(m): 11:17am On Apr 21, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:

Mumu is wen u see the human body as a Machin that works without break down! So he worked everyday non stop no sickness! Chai
Sorry are u Igbo?

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by pomporiking: 11:24am On Apr 21, 2015
I want him to explain his journey before I believe
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ignis: 11:38am On Apr 21, 2015
Only fools will believe this guy really trekked from Lagos to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by AlPeter: 11:40am On Apr 21, 2015
rallymento:

My broda, it is not Impossible to achieve, but considering the time frame he used to cover the distance, that guy is a blatant lair!!!

I just did my calculations, If he trekked form Lagos to Abuja he would have spent 5days 15hrs with out stopping ( courtesy Google maps), If he actually completed the trekking in 19DAYS, he would have spent an average of 7hrs trekking per day, If he actually completed the trekking in 13DAYS as some other sources say, he would spent an average of 10hrs trekking per DAY.

Have you wondered why he didn't make Guinness book of Records aware he was about to set a record?
Have you wondered why he had no sponsors to support him? even if na lacasera?
Have you bothered to see if he had dedicated ambulance following him in case of emergency?

My dear lets not sound myopic, had it been that guy trekked such a distance within the time frame mentioned, he will bleed from his groins and penis!

QED!!

ENCE

BROS I HAIL YOUR INTELLIGENCE THE RAY FISH WILL BE PROUD OF YOU..... let's imagine am taking this trek which I have thought about several times. I would trek for like 2 to 3 hours straight then find somewhere to sit and relax for another hour, if it happens to be a town I would gist with some people look for a place to charge my phone play some games and watch TV. then continue on my journey making sure I got to the next town before night falls then get an hotel and if I happens to know any body in the state I would call up the person and pay him a visit wash my clothes freshen up and continue my israelite journey the next day.... see it aint hard.

2 Likes

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rayblast(m): 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Na only person wey no dey travel by road go believe dat kind tin.how many meters go make 1 kilometers? D kilo wey dem put before meters una tink say na small tin oyibo man see before hin do am so ?
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by tellwisdom: 12:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
AlPeter:
ENCE

BROS I HAIL YOUR INTELLIGENCE THE RAY FISH WILL BE PROUD OF YOU..... let's imagine am taking this trek which I have thought about several times. I would trek for like 2 to 3 hours straight then find somewhere to sit and relax for another hour, if it happens to be a town I would gist with some people look for a place to charge my phone play some games and watch TV. then continue on my journey making sure I got to the next town before night falls then get an hotel and if I happens to know any body in the state I would call up the person and pay him a visit wash my clothes freshen up and continue my israelite journey the next day.... see it aint hard.

Mugu undecided

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rayblast(m): 12:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
puffynana:

Boss nothing is impossible, I saw a cattle rearer here in ondo state, a boy o that has being walking all his life, he started his journey from kano and he has made it to ondo state on foot with hundreds of cows.

bros abeg u said fulani cattle rearer. A small fulani boy is as powerful as Sango oko oya . Have u eva wondered wat dat stick in their hand is ? U don eva ask urself why dem dey get guts to disturb for Benue Oyo and even d Ondo wey u dey ?
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rallymento(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
lolzz
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rallymento(m): 12:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
MISTAKE.........
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rallymento(m): 12:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Olaolufred:

[size=14pt]Your argument is still impotent.
Records had been shown that such distance could be completed in less number of days.
When you can not do it, it does not mean no one else.
[/size]

Here's the arithemetic:

Average Speed for Human: 5KM per Hour
Maximum number of Hours trekked per day: 12 Hours
Total Distance Lagos to Abuja: 736KM (approx)

Distance covered in a day: 5*12 == 60KM
Numbers of days needed to cover to 736KM: 736KM/60KM === 12.26 days.

So if he spent 18 days to get to abuja, then it's justified considering the stopovers and he might have walked at a lower speed

Conclusion
He actually trekked dat distance..... A round of applause for dis guy!!!!
Congrat to Hamisu.

CHECK THIS LINK:
http://www.coca-colacompany.com/stories/trail-blazer-on-and-off-the-beaten-path-with-record-setting-hiker-jennifer-pharr-davis
OR

Thank God Coca cola recognized this guy!!! because he did it!!!
If I hear say Gala recognize this guy make I bend! He is a blatant lair!!! I wonder why he is being so dishonest about this trekking!! Was he forced? NO! he could as well swallow his pride and apologize for taking a task bigger than him rather than deceiving gullible Nigerians like you to believe his lies............. Meanwhile I am not attributing the lies to APC sha, it was his decision not APC's............

like I said, if this guy was an honest Nigerian, It will attract lots international journalist to aid him tell the world his story.
Common, I have seen people that have achieved less that what this guy claims to have achieved and proper recognition have been given to them.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by Dawdy(m): 12:40pm On Apr 21, 2015
Bi omde ba de bi eru, eru a ba
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
Olaolufred:
[size=18pt]I have learned in life that it is foolish for a man to say " Nobody can " Just because he can not do it.[/size]
Well said.
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
dat9jaguy:

Guy you are on fire today .You just dey post rubbish here since morning .Someone is making his name and u are here hating on a faceless forum.
Phahahahahahahahahaha.
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:

Mumu is wen u see the human body as a Machin that works without break down! So he worked everyday non stop no sickness! Chai
Didn't you read where he said he starts his journey from 6am and stops by 6pm. That's 12 whole hours of resting time. Why don't you try it to counter his claim?

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:49pm On Apr 21, 2015
Cooleasy:
You guys need not attack yourselves. Actually, it is possible, and of course he would have been stopping to sleep and refresh from time to time along the journey - which are normal parts of a long journey. The encouragement he was receiving along the way would also have contributed to his morale. You guys also need to know that historically, travellers used to spend between 6 to 9 days to travel on foot from Old Oyo (which was near the Savanna in those days) to Lagos - that is even those trekking on foot, without horses o. So a modern young man wearing quality modern foot wear, with a back pack and modern communication equipment, food, water etc walking on modern tarred roads with all the encouragement and refreshments along the way, is in fact a lot more capable to make such a long journey. A lot of things favoured him. So, it is very possible.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
puffynana:

Boss nothing is impossible, I saw a cattle rearer here in ondo state, a boy o that has being walking all his life, he started his journey from kano and he has made it to ondo state on foot with hundreds of cows.

That's the NORMAD for you. They can walk and that's why they are always SLIM and FIT.

It's a way of life for them. Check out their life span; they tend to live longer.

Exercise is good for the soul. Those of us who live in the South need to start trekking too. Cars, buses, SUVs and bikes have made all to be lazy. Start taking the staircase and leave the lifts alone. Exercise people!

For some, to walk from their house to the nearest bus stop is a herculean task; they must mount a bike to get there. Sedentary lifestyle is doing/has done more HARM than good to our health.

Lazy generation is what we are!

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
Suchie:

All of you living in Nigeria na mumu including your leaders.
....i dont comment in trashy stories like this.Just wake up.
Bros, haba mana! That's not nice nao. Please don't use this subset to generalise the whole set. Thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
ignis:
Only fools will believe this guy really trekked from Lagos to Abuja.
Southerners would never seize to amaze me. You need to stop that sedentary lifestyle and start trekking too to prove him wrong.
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by KINGSNEEZE(m): 1:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
This is just a tip of iceberg when compare to wht we re going to see in this administration, hello Nigerians welcome on board, fasten ur seat belt, sit tight and enjoy d ride, I think is our first time

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by Equado(m): 1:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ask yourself how herdsmen carry there cattles from the north to far south. Then you'll be forced to believe you're wrong.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
rallymento:

My broda, it is not Impossible to achieve, but considering the time frame he used to cover the distance, that guy is a blatant lair!!!

I just did my calculations, If he trekked form Lagos to Abuja he would have spent 5days 15hrs with out stopping ( courtesy Google maps), If he actually completed the trekking in 19DAYS, he would have spent an average of 7hrs trekking per day, If he actually completed the trekking in 13DAYS as some other sources say, he would spent an average of 10hrs trekking per DAY.

Have you wondered why he didn't make Guinness book of Records aware he was about to set a record?
Have you wondered why he had no sponsors to support him? even if na lacasera?
Have you bothered to see if he had dedicated ambulance following him in case of emergency?

My dear lets not sound myopic, had it been that guy trekked such a distance within the time frame mentioned, he will bleed from his groins and penis!

QED!!

1. What i have always wondered is that his cloth did not fade, when you that into consideration of the amount of sun rays hitting him daily for the said 21days (Ask any road construction workers/labourers within 3days of straight 5hours under the sun, your cloth would fade and lose texture
2. Why didn't He or his sponsors call Guinness book of record to follow/capture all the event from the day he started to the day he arrived. they would gladly have sponsored him with ambulance and various equipments needed free of charge.

Until someone does this, the world would be laughing at us(our stupidity, deceit and ignorance)
When are we going to get things right (precise and accurately with believable logical evidence)
#Nigeria_My_Country

4 Likes

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by IMEAN(m): 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Olaolufred:
I HAVE LEARNT IN LIFE THAT BELIEVING EVERYTHING I HEAR MIGHT ALWAYS LEAD ME TO DOOM.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by ignis: 3:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Southerners would never seize to amaze me. You need to stop that sedentary lifestyle and start trekking too to prove him wrong.
What is this woman saying?
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by talk2riel: 4:20pm On Apr 21, 2015
VOICEOFTHEMASES:
Blindness is when u believe that a man trekked from lagos to abuja in 19days. Got to abuja looking still fresh. A journey that will take 9hours took this man 19days.
Before you join them in celebrating this liar please digest the following questions, or find a way of getting him provide answers to the questions:

1. Where did he sleep when it is dark?
Hotels or peoples goodwill

2. How did he get to change his clothes before continuing on the trip?
He had clothes in his knapsack

3. How come he looks so well fed after trekking for nineteen days?
He had enough time to sleep n refresh

4. How did he manage to measure his trip in such a way that he did not get stuck in bushy areas at night?
Hardly will you 50km without seeing a settlement along the way

5. Did he have any encounters with dangerous animals or bandits, if no, how come? Or does he possess some spiritual powers?
Armed robbers gave him #200 for water

6. How did he locate his way from Lagos to Abuja without missing his way?
Na express road him pass nah

7. How did he get his meals and other things he needed to survive a torturous 19 days trek?
E be like say u never travel before

I am curious to get answers, and you can add your own questions.

Chai my people una mumu don over mature. For believe this shit
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by BecaciaBarbie(f): 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
bnovative:
But this is apc supporter o! did u expect this guy to be sincere?
I'm also a full blooded APC supporter and I can never believe the bull crap story of the so called "Traveller" I'm not so gullible biko angry
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by cjrane: 6:07pm On Apr 21, 2015
Me sef, I don think that stunt. Na big lie!
Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rallymento(m): 6:44pm On Apr 21, 2015
dptrix:

1. What i have always wondered is that his cloth did not fade, when you that into consideration of the amount of sun rays hitting him daily for the said 21days (Ask any road construction workers/labourers within 3days of straight 5hours under the sun, your cloth would fade and lose texture
2. Why didn't He or his sponsors call Guinness book of record to follow/capture all the event from the day he started to the day he arrived. they would gladly have sponsored him with ambulance and various equipments needed free of charge.

Until someone does this, the world would be laughing at us(our stupidity, deceit and ignorance)
When are we going to get things right (precise and accurately with believable logical evidence)
#Nigeria_My_Country
my broda thanks for sharing in my thoughts. You know it is likely for a biased person to be gullible, that is the reason why people can come openly in such forum to assist him push the claim that he completed his mission.

1 Like

Re: MUMU Is When U Believe A Man Trekked From Lagos To Abuja In 19days. by rallymento(m): 6:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
Didn't you read where he said he starts his journey from 6am and stops by 6pm. That's 12 whole hours of resting time. Why don't you try it to counter his claim?
madam abeg rest ur case! Can you even try doing 6 to 6 fasting for one day which is nothing compared to 6 to 6 trekking for 19 days in a row?
Even the Normards they compare this guy to rest for two or more days in a particular location to graze before continuing their journey. This guy never rested.

Have you heard of groin injury?

I used to think that devil was a good lair! But when I saw this guys claim..... Omo I confirm say devil still dey learn work,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

22 Nigerians Arrested For Fraud In The US / APC PH Rally: Poor Crowd, Buhari Cuts Short Speech As Stadium Empties (pic) / See The Tunnel Rochas In Building In Owerri, Does Owerri Need A Tunnel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.