Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? (6681 Views)

Bible "Contradiction" For Dummies: A Correction For Internet "Atheists" / Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / How Do I Reconcile With My Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
This is not an answer.
The question requires a simple and direct yes or no.
Please answer the question.
your question has been answer positively.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by plaetton: 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
your question has been answer positively.
By whom
By stealthy dodging?

You are hilarious.

We understand your confusion.
Just say you don't know.

2 Likes

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 10:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
plaetton:

By whom
By stealthy dodging?

You are hilarious.

We understand your confusion.
Just say you don't know.
the answer is yes and no.
YES;
Demon acknowledge Jesus as the Lord , but not as their saviour,infacte it is because of knowing Jesus is Lord that why satan came to tempt Him, remember the parable of the sower? The evil men say this is the HAIR coming let us kill him and the vineyard will be our.the key point here is that they acknowledge Jesus as the hair to the throne but they did not received him as their king.
NO;
It is the Holy Spirit who imparts and
makes effective within the believer a new nature. new nature is a total
transformation of the believer's make-up and identify.The believer is at this point "born from above" ( John 3:3) and is actually a"new creature" (2Corinthians 5:17). This impartation of, or giving of, eternal life is experienced by all who accept Christ as their Savior.you cannot have the holy spirit and reject Jesus.it does not make sense, Jesus and the holy spirit are ONE in image.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by johnydon22(m): 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
YES;
Demon acknowledge Jesus as the Lord , but not as their saviour,infacte it is because of knowing Jesus is Lord that why satan came to tempt Him, remember the parable of the sower? The evil men say this is the HAIR coming let us kill him and the vineyard will be our.the key point here is that they acknowledge Jesus as the hair to the throne but they did not received him as their king.
NO;
transformation of the believer's make-up and identify.The believer is at this point "born from above" ( John 3:3) and is actually a"new creature" (2Corinthians 5:17). This impartation of, or giving of, eternal life is experienced by all who accept Christ as their Savior.you cannot have the holy spirit and reject Jesus.it does not make sense, Jesus and the holy spirit are ONE in image.

Yes and No... Yes and No to one question? grin am dead !!!

Now thats another contradiction grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 11:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
johnydon22:

Yes and No... Yes and No to one question? grin am dead !!!

Now thats another contradiction grin
after I gave an example in both case, you still called it contradiction? Demon believe in Jesus does that mean the HOLY spirit is in him? Smh
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by johnydon22(m): 11:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
malvisguy212:
after I gave an example in both case, you still called it contradiction? Demon believe in Jesus does that mean the HOLY spirit is in him? Smh

Then the answer should simply have been "NO" since the devils didn't necessary need the holy spirit to believe in Jesus, then it clearly shows their are circumstances when u dont need d holy spirit to believe in Jesus..

Plaetton question was
Can one have the holy spirit without believing in or accepting Jesus
Christ ?
Having the devil scenario in mind.

Your answer should have been simply [size=20] NO[/size] ...
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 12:13am On Apr 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Then the answer should simply have been "NO" since the devils didn't necessary need the holy spirit to believe in Jesus, then it clearly shows their are circumstances when u dont need d holy spirit to believe in Jesus..

Plaetton question was
Having the devil scenario in mind.

Your answer should have been simply [size=20] NO[/size] ...
to you, only the devil is involved so the answer soppose to be no. even sinner believe in Jesus, does that mean the holy spirit is upon them? Smh
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by johnydon22(m): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
to you, only the devil is involved so the answer soppose to be no. even sinner believe in Jesus, does that mean the holy spirit is upon them? Smh

You really have no idea the contest of the question do you?
the question was

Can one have the holy spirit without believing in or accepting Jesus
Christ ?

read that question again please smiley
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by udatso: 6:48am On Apr 24, 2015
johnydon22:

You really have no idea the contest of the question do you?
the question was

read that question again please smiley
When if he reads it a thousand times, he would still have you a no and yes reply. He is like a programmed individual. I am surprised his friends truthman2012 true2god Ifeann kay1one2 have left him here to take the heat alone. Now that I have called them, it won't be long. They will give you their answers

1 Like

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Pr0ton: 7:12am On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
if your teacher ask you a question but you did not pay attention and you understand he ask you a question, what will be your reply? I DON'T HEAR,wheras you know he say something.

Why would I say I don't hear?

It would be I don't understand what I heard. Or I don't understand.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Pr0ton: 7:19am On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
YES;
NO;

Pointing out another contradiction?

Where Banky W? grin
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 7:41am On Apr 24, 2015
Pr0ton:

Why would I say I don't hear?

It would be I don't understand what I heard. Or I don't understand.
that's the points Paul is indicating, I don't understand what I hear is the nearest to say I don't hear. Let me give you an example;

The closer atheists have admits God exist is this, when you ask an atheist, what happened before the big bang? The answer is 'I don't know'. In other word, God did it.
"did they hear the voice?yes, what did it say? If there reply was ' we do not understand,it will look like embarrassment to them, instead they say to Paul we do not hear the voice"

Note: acts chapter 9 was the actual incident but verse 22 was after the event.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Pr0ton:

Pointing out another contradiction?

Where Banky W? grin
I don't understand you.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 7:44am On Apr 24, 2015
udatso:

When if he reads it a thousand times, he would still have you a no and yes reply. He is like a programmed individual. I am surprised his friends truthman2012 true2god Ifeann kay1one2 have left him here to take the heat alone. Now that I have called them, it won't be long. They will give you their answers
believe me, if you think I am under pressure, you are wrong, infacte, I am having the perfect time of my break.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Pr0ton: 7:46am On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
that's the points Paul is indicating, I don't understand what I hear is the nearest to say I don't hear. Let me give you an example;

But never equivalent.

The closer atheists have admits God exist is this, when you ask an atheist, what happened before the big bang? The answer is 'I don't know'. In other word, God did it.
"did they hear the voice?yes, what did it say? If there reply was ' we do not understand,it will look like embarrassment to them, instead they say to Paul we do not hear the voice"

So in order to avoid embarrassment, they lied.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by malvisguy212: 7:50am On Apr 24, 2015
Pr0ton:

But never equivalent.

So in order to avoid embarrassment, they lied.
They are related and yes,they lied, they are not christians.Paul calling was a 'refining by fire'
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
Are u always like this
I dont understand is closest to i dont hear? . . Did you study anything in English at all?
malvisguy212:

You see ur life? If someone says i dont know, ur brain translates it to "god did it" are you theists always purposely dumb or just act like it? How is "I dont know " same thing as "god did it"? When someone says "I dont know" it mean he is saying that he doesnt know and that is it.. that he'd rather say "i dont know" than assume up a lie like you as theist who wil say "a god did it" when you lack knowledge about a phenomenon.
malvisguy212:

Just as always, he brings in childish assumptions into it, the more you do this the more you contradict ur comic book...

I bid you to stop lying for once in your life for ur bible crap and be honest for once ... Look at what someone is saying and is proud of it.

So saying "we heard a voice but did not understand" will be embarrassing to them? . .says who? . . Do u really have to conjure up a cheap lie? ..instead they say to paul "We do not hear the voice" Which voice? if u didnt hear the voice how would u know there was a voice or do you just snap and say "i dont hear a voice?" ...I marvel at ur thinking honestly cheesy
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Misogynist2014(m): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2015
johnydon22:
Are u always like this
I dont understand is closest to i dont hear? . . Did you study anything in English at all?
You see ur life? If someone says i dont know, ur brain translates it to "god did it" are you theists always purposely dumb or just act like it? How is "I dont know " same thing as "god did it"? When someone says "I dont know" it mean he is saying that he doesnt know and that is it.. that he'd rather say "i dont know" than assume up a lie like you as theist who wil say "a god did it" when you lack knowledge about a phenomenon.

Just as always, he brings in childish assumptions into it, the more you do this the more you contradict ur comic book...

I bid you to stop lying for once in your life for ur bible crap and be honest for once ... Look at what someone is saying and is proud of it.

So saying "we heard a voice but did not understand" will be embarrassing to them? . .says who? . . Do u really have to conjure up a cheap lie? ..instead they say to paul "We do not hear the voice" Which voice? if u didnt hear the voice how would u know there was a voice or do you just snap and say "i dont hear a voice?" ...I marvel at ur thinking honestly cheesy
I thought I've solved the contradiction. undecided

How can you attack theists and still claim to know nothing?"
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by PastorAIO: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2015
Since Jesus is the Hair, the only question that remains for me is whether it is afro or jerry curls. I don't Like Perming or Jerry Curls. Only Afro is acceptable to me cos I believe we africans must be proud of the natural way God made us.
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Rilwayne001: 10:36am On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
very good, it is clear you do not even know what you are talking about. I ask you to tell me about the holy spirit in the quran, and you reply my question with a question, Nigerian man for you.

You suppose answer my question nah?
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Rilwayne001: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2015
udatso:

Hahaha. With you, nobody knows what he is talking about, it was me now, next was Rilwayne001. I wonder who is next in your list of people who know not what they do.

You know that he is possesed by holy spirit, so every other person except him know not what they are talking about. only malvis makes sense to himself.

The guy get problem no be small grin lolz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by kay1one2(m): 12:53pm On Apr 24, 2015
malvisguy212:
Although the same Greek word is used in both accounts ( akouo), it has two distinct meanings: to perceive sound and to understand. Therefore, the explanation is clear: they heard something but did not understand what it was saying. Paul, on the other hand, heard and understood. There is no contradiction.

The Bible must be the invention either of good men or angels, bad men or devils, or of God. However, it was not written by good men, because good men would not tell lies by saying ‘Thus saith the Lord;’ it was not written by bad men because they would not write about doing good duty, while condemning sin, and themselves to hell; thus, it must be written by divine inspiration. I do not explained this verse for you, but for thoes who you want to deceive.thank you for your time, it is either you find peace with God or you die with this trouble soul, ARE YOU READY?

You really have time for these unintelligent bunch.
They have ears but cannot hear!
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by kay1one2(m): 12:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You know that he is possesed by holy spirit, so every other person except him know not what they are talking about. only malvis makes sense to himself.

The guy get problem no be small grin lolz

We know you are possessed by demons! Have fun!
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Rilwayne001: 1:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
kay1one2:

We know you are possessed by demons! Have fun!

You can say any other trash on my mention. Just don't insult my parents cus thats what you are known for. undecided
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by kay1one2(m): 1:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You can say any other trash on my mention. Just don't insult my parents cus thats what you are known for. undecided

I'm not some re.tard without respect for people old enough to be my own parents. And that's not what I'm known for. Goodluck with the ills you pick up talking evil about the Holy Trinity!
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by udatso: 2:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
kay1one2:

I'm not some re.tard without respect for people old enough to be my own parents. And that's not what I'm known for. Goodluck with the ills you pick up talking evil about the Holy Trinity!
kay1one2:

Your mother first! Dumb low life!
www.nairaland.com/2272065/muslim-religious-leader-allows-men
Just yesterday you insulted ones mum and here you are denying.
How do you live with yourself?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by Rilwayne001: 2:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
udatso:

thats not his first time of doing it. I've known him for about 2months now. He insulted my parent on the politics section, he did same to folykaze too, and many other peeps that do not agree with his myopic reasoning. And if you ask him wether he got such moral from the bible, he will call you a JUDGE. smh.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by kay1one2(m): 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
udatso:

You can as well become my follower judge judy!
Re: Can Christians Ever Reconcile This Contradiction? by udatso: 3:56pm On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:

thats not his first time of doing it. I've known him for about 2months now. He insulted my parent on the politics section, he did same to folykaze too, and many other peeps that do not agree with his myopic reasoning. And if you ask him wether he got such moral from the bible, he will call you a JUDGE. smh.
He just did here
kay1one2:

You can as well become my follower judge judy!

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Blame The Devil When We Are Caught Doing Wrong? / Why you don't need a spiritual father or mother!!! / Do Male Muslims Have Their Sperms Between Their Backbone And Their Ribcage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.