Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach (13180 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho Signs 2-year Extension Deal With Man City / Micho To Take Over As Nigeria's Coach / Sunday Oliseh To Emerge As Nigeria's New Coach - BBC Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by dridowu: 4:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Stephen Keshi on Tuesday agreed to a new two-year contract to coach Nigeria’s national men’s football team, ending months of uncertainty and speculation over his future. Some opposed extending Keshi’s tenure as the Super Eagles coach after they failed to qualify for the recent Africa Cup of Nations in Equatorial Guinea.
Talks on a renewal also stalled in February when Keshi described Nigeria’s extension offer as a “slave contract”. But the 53-year-old called for a fresh start on Tuesday at an official signing ceremony, saying any lingering bitterness needed to be put in the past.
“This is the time for us to come together to fight for this nation,” Keshi said, adding: “I am begging you all to please put the past behind and let’s start afresh.”
Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) technical committee chairman Felix Anyansi-Agwu also described Keshi’s second stint as coach as “a new beginning”.
“The entire (NFF) board has absolute confidence in the capacity of Stephen Keshi to take the Super Eagles to new heights,” he told reporters.
Keshi’s initial contract of three years ran out after last year’s World Cup in Brazil, where Nigeria reached the last 16 knockout stages. He had previously steered the side to a win at the 2013 African championships, raising his profile in Africa’s most populous nation after a string disappointments at the continent’s top tournament.
The NFF was engulfed in controversy last year, including over Keshi’s status and irregularities that marred a vote to choose the federation’s new leaders. FIFA was forced to step in, warning that Nigeria could be disqualified from international competition if the NFF failed to clean up its act.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/football-keshi-signs-two-year-extension-as-nigeria-coach/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by dondestiny(m): 4:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dats his probs....even d super falcons are beta dan the super eagles...well let's just say for all those who wud lyk to knw more bout mini importation...get it for almost free here now naijaimporter.orgfree.com...offer lasts for 3days...grab ur copy of the mini importation guide for free now....
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by paulolee(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2015
hmmmm... very angry wt every bit of dis news
he said he is receiving offers from oda top African country n still went ahead, waited lyk a kid waiting for chocolate wt xo much desperation for wat he earlier tagged a "slave contract"
we all kno dt Keshi is supposed to b job hunting if it's not GEJ dt intervened wen d NFF kicked him out
change av arrived n I tink dt since it's d season of change, d wind of change should please start from d sports sector coz wi ar very much behind..
advanced country wud sack dier coaches or pressure d coaches to tender dier resignation letter if deY av failed, for example wat Brazil did to fellipe Scolari n wat Italy did to dier coach after dier bad performance in d last world cup..
Keshi had an average performance in d world cup bt failed d whole nation by failing to take us to d same Afcon he luckily won..
dnt blame him n dose dt gave him d contract coz corruption is d order of d day n it's all abT d money n politics...
NIGERIA dnT kno d waY forward...
d only country that an away club hardly win a match in d league fixture ...
av lost passion for Nigeria football coz it's a big JOKE

3 Likes

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Texcoco(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Bersluconi would welcome this signing alongside Raheem Sterling and Edinson Cavani....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
congrats to him
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by tolustx(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Booked in case.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by wildchild1: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
I really dont think this guy is good for the job...All the best,lets see how it goes

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by maestrojay(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Keshi... pls make good use of dis chance
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by steppin: 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Signed finally, with lots of negatives clauses.
The bagger didn't know what hit him.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by dhardline(m): 4:57pm On Apr 21, 2015
Congrats to him..
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Jennifer4christ: 4:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
Good day Nairalanders...

My name is Jennifer and I reside in Owerri, Imo state.
I am a school certificate holder with little hope of tertiary education.
Someone advised me to open a Nairaland account and ask for help, so I'm new here.
With the assurance I was given, I promise to testify here, if I get my breakthrough from Nairaland.

Why I came writing this now is because I lost my job as a cleaner at one of First Bank branches in Owerri.
The area manager came to our branch 2 weeks ago and after a series of complaints about almost everything that day, I was relieved of my job.
It still beats my imagination why I was singled out to be sacked.
Why me?
Why just me?
I still can't bear it up till now, since I fend for myself.
The money I have with me is fast running out and I desperately need a job from a good samaritan reading this now.

Please, if anyone can help me get a good paying job or connect me with someone who can give me a good job IN OWERRI, IMO STATE, I will forever be grateful.

I know this is risky, but I need help desperately, hence, I am putting up my number for possible contact and help.
I am not a sex-worker please and I will never be one, I only need a decent job.
So please, I pray no one misunderstands my intentions.

May God almighty reward those who will run to my aid at this frustrating moment of my life, Amen!

My number is 08172982883.
God bless you.

10 Likes

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by oismail(m): 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
Has he Traveled to Daura already?
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by kurt09(m): 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
CLUELESS!!!
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by tiamiyukunle69(m): 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
What else is he looking for as a coach of the super eagles?
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by aliumik: 4:59pm On Apr 21, 2015
is Amokachi still his assistant?
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by UnknownT: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
What else does he have to offer?
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by pring: 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
What makes this a new beginning?
This guy has given Nigeria his all.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by boolet: 5:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
I don't know why. He must deliver sha ooo.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by prospero5(m): 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
For those still arguing in favour of engaging a foreign coach, what's it with all these Lagerbeer, Berti Volkswagen? If Naija can't employ a 'real' foreign coach in the make of Van Gaal, then we are fine with our own.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by eonuegbu20: 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Very Nice

You Can Now Achieve all your Shopping Fantasies on Jumia...Contact me Via my Signature to get Amazing Discounts on Our Wide Range of Products...

Smartphones @Crazy Prices

www.nairaland.com/2146175/jumia-re-defined-discounts-quick-delivery/18

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by chelseabmw(m): 5:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hhmmm
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
if not because he won the nations cup in 2013, i would have said no. but let us se if keshi can deliver again.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by ijustdey: 5:05pm On Apr 21, 2015
make hin continue to

until we fail to qualify for the next nation cup
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by rawpadgin(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
So we don't have another credible coach in naija
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by cana882(m): 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2015
But must it be keshi Ghana hired avram grant & they are doing fine, ivorycoast same bt only Nigeria decided to stick to the man that failed them at qualifiers for ordinary nations cup. He has won d cup for Nigeria but that is what it is, past glory. I like the man but I think his time in football has past. Probably some politician would develop pot-belle from this contract

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Middlefinger1: 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
At last. Welcome back the big bosssss.
Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by Pavore9: 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
He must deliver by fire, by force! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by pek(m): 5:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
Not a good news. So, the mediocrity and permutations continue. Thought he didn't want the Eagle's job?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Signs Two-Year Extension As Nigeria Coach by adedam007(m): 5:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
G

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles / WCQ: Rwanda Beat South Africa, Hands Super Eagles A Fighting Chance / Ogenyi Onazi's Facebook Page Hacked Because 'He No Dey Show Love'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.