Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,353 members, 7,808,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About (55055 Views)

16 Nigerian Iventors With Remarkable Inventions Worldwide / Inventors Who Were Killed By Their Own Inventions / 7 inventors killed by their Inventions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
I tap into da glory
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
Yorubas rock. Anyway 5/16 (31.25%) for the Igbo nation is not a bad one. We also ROCK
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Hmm stories like this motivates one.
But how come they r all males?

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by peter8535: 10:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ozigbondu:
Wait my invention is still under construction after i am through with it it will amaze you all
pls wat r u inventin?becos i want 2 knw
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by fretfingers: 10:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
Some of the pple here are creative designers( that means there is a template that's been made available they only stylishly modified d angular edges to curves) not inventors! Get it straight... There's a huge contrast between d two.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by CSTR2: 10:26pm On Apr 21, 2015
Celebrating collosal brain-drain.
Only in Nigeria.
No-wonder the country is a dump.
Their best minds have been sucked out.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by gangwolf(m): 10:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nice thread. We got lots of talents here in Nigeria. It's the lack of support,encouragement and sponsorship, that make many Nigerians not to care. Even here in nairaland check around you will see lots of talented people(who are destined for great things).
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by gangwolf(m): 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2015
ignis:
That list is incomplete without my name.
For inventing?
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by preciousMI1(f): 10:35pm On Apr 21, 2015
naija the naijalistic naija....
we don dey try oh....
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by overboard(m): 10:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
What about the CommandClem guy, the anti-corrosive paint thingy?
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 21, 2015
bushdoc9919:

OK....continue.

Now I know why Nigeria is underdeveloped.

Really good leaders and good followers.

That oil you like is not your saviour. Innovation and technology will be your saviour.

And you better start by making your governments at all levels work for you....

Is Switzerland known for technology? Is Holland known for technology? Is Norway known for technology! Don't deviate my point.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Is Switzerland known for technology? Is Holland known for technology? Is Norway known for technology! Don't deviate my point.

Actually....

1.Norway produces a lot of components for the oil industry...in addition to a lot of other things.

2.The Dutch built an effective flood control system...with indigenous technology....and have a mechanized farm industry.

3.The Swiss have a good arms manufacturing industry. (ever hear of the swiss knife).

4.Plus....all these countries have highly innovative educations systems. And they do not rely solely on imports.

Nigeria must industrialize. We are a backward nation. We have no choice. This is serious business.

Modified: Read more about Swiss industry here.

Read more about Dutch industry here

Read more about Norway's industries here

Oil is not your salvation.

Nigeria awake!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by CSTR2: 10:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nigeria is busy begging for small arms when they could do much better.
Three of those guys majoring in semi-conductor technology, rocketry and software engineering working together under the Nigerian ministry of defence can build for Nigeria a world class missile guidance system that could graduate to an ICBM with more funding.
This country is sick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by vislabraye(m): 10:53pm On Apr 21, 2015
1stola:
Omo, if I know gba front space for this kind thread, i fúck up be that o.
THE INVENTION I AM WORKING ON CURRENTLY IS CALLED "KILLTHOSE-SA-PIGS"
It will automatically find those modafúcking southafricans and KILL THEM ALL.
Bloody barbaric bastąrds.
I will seriously derive pleasure in killing them all!
And below is how I want to handle that pig called their Zulu king and that their HIV president Zuma rock head.

Lol at the picture...

@topic. What about Philip Emeagwali?

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 21, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Actually....

1.Norway produces a lot of components for the oil industry...in addition to a lot of other things.

2.The Dutch built an effective flood control system...with indigenous technology....and have a mechanized farm industry.

3.The Swiss have a good arms manufacturing industry. (ever hear of the swiss knife).

4.Plus....all these countries have highly innovative educations systems. And they do not rely solely on imports.

Nigeria must industrialize. We are a backward nation. We have no choice. This is serious business.

Modified: Read more about Swiss industry here.

Read more about Dutch industry here

Read more about Norway's industries here

Oil is not your salvation.

Nigeria awake!

I am a pragmatist! Technology will not save us! You made account of Swiss innovations and all, did I say they are technologically backward? NO! I said they aren't known for it, i.e. it's not their strong point! Like Japan, US, Russia et al. Nigeria is not ripe for it.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by arinzona95(m): 10:55pm On Apr 21, 2015
They're all good,bt majority of them studied outside.the educational system in nigeria is a joke and there is no way u would expect any of them to come back home and invest.we hate manufacturing bt we love manufactured goods(imports)

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
Freemanan:

I am a pragmatist! Technology will not save us! You made account of Swiss innovations and all, did I say they are technologically backward? NO! I said they aren't known for it, i.e. it's not their strong point! Like Japan, US, Russia et al. Nigeria is not ripe for it.

I doubt any country that industrialized was ripe for it at the start.(South Korea is a good example).

You are entitled to your opinion. In my opinion...we are too dependent on oil money....which we use to import.

And if we do not get off oil...and start by making even a small spinning machine for our rural women to use to make cloth at home...I doubt we will get anywhere.

You people want jobs? You want cheap products? Then....let us industrialize.

We have the same brains as everyone else. And oil prices are dropping...so we have no choice.

If you want to remain dependent on foreign powers for everything..fine. But one day....we may have to wake up and smell the roses.....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Kc3000: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
I enjoy these kind of threads. Let me add one chairman I just discovered.

Dr Philip C. Njemanze

Credits: He has ground-breaking works in Cognitive Neuroscience and is credited with postulation of the Light Theory of Cerebral Asymmetry for Brain Function in Men and Women, which postulates that men have a right brain function dependent on the wave properties of Light, but women a left brain function dependent on the particulate energy property of Light. This is the theory of Everything in localization of brain function for intelligence, facial processing and color processing (2004, 2005, 2007). He also has several internationally accredited theories on Brain Blood Flow in Neurocardiological conditions.

Bio: Philip was born on March 15th, 1962 in Owerri, Nigeria. He trained in Neurosurgery and Neurology, with research interests in cerebrovascular and cardiovascular diseases in University of Munich, University of London and Bowman Gray School of Medicine in North Carolina USA. He later became Research Professor in Neurosciences. He was awarded the title of Academician for Outstanding Theories on the Function of the Brain in Space by the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA) – a United Nations Space Organization including all major Space Agencies in the World. He was a Principal Investigator on the study of the Brain in Space for the National Aeronautic and Space Administration (NASA), at Johnson Space Center, Houston, USA, and in Health Applications of Remote Sensing at the Ames Research Center, Moffett Field California, USA from 1995-2000.

He is Chairman of the International Institutes of Advanced Research and Training, Chidicon Medical Center, Owerri. He is a member of several international scientific academies and medical professional organizations. As a members of the British institute of Inventors, he holds over two dozen inventions. He is one of Africa’s leading scientific innovators and has several United States and United Kingdom patented inventions for several medical devices. He is the author of over 250 publications in medicine, and social justice.

He holds the following patents at the USPTO(United States Patent and Trademark Office):

Method for inducing and monitoring long-term potentiation and long-term depression using transcranial doppler ultrasound device in head-down bed rest, Patent no. 8,282,559

Method for assessment of color processing mechanism in the human brain for diagnosis and treatment Patent no. 8,152,727

Method and system for evaluation of the hemodynamic model in depression for diagnosis and treatment Patent no. 7,942,820

Apparatus and method for hypothermia and rewarming by altering the temperature of the cerebrospinal fluid in the brain Patent no. 7,318,834
Noninvasive transcranial doppler ultrasound face and object recognition testing system Patent no. 6,773,400

Transcranial doppler ultrasound device for odor evaluation Patent no. 6,663,571

Intelligent transcranial doppler probe Patent no. 6,547,737

Neural network for modeling ecological and biological systems Patent no. 6,490,573

Implantable telemetric transcranial doppler device Patent no. 6,468,219

Noninvasive transcranial Doppler ultrasound computerized mental performance testing system, Patent no. 6,390,979

Physiological G-suit modulator, Patent no. 5,121,744

4 Likes

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Feraz(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
Freemanan:

Please, what does the bolded mean?
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by slapandfall(m): 11:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
This is very interesting. But a key thing I noticed is that majority of them had some education outside Nigeria. Although some started from Nigeria but they complemented it abroad. I'm very sure it is the knowledge from abroad they used to invent what they did.

Cos now I can't imagine a computer science student in Nigeria whose school is not having a standard lab bin expected to develop one kind something or d oda.

Final point. These people learnt from abroad. #our education system is not helping us.

We can even do beta than the whites when given equal springboard.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by kennynelcon(m): 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
grin We all want to invent, but most of us shortcut our graduate projects. INVENTION NO BE MAGIC OOO.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
Feraz:
Please, what does the bolded mean?

We have no foundation to build technological paradigm on. Education is a mess, vocational training same! You said so yourself.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 11:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I doubt any country that industrialized was ripe for it at the start.(South Korea is a good example).

You are entitled to your opinion. In my opinion...we are too dependent on oil money....which we use to import.

And if we do not get off oil...and start by making even a small spinning machine for our rural women to use to make cloth at home...I doubt we will get anywhere.

You people want jobs? You want cheap products? Then....let us industrialize.

We have the same brains as everyone else. And oil prices are dropping...so we have no choice.

If you want to remain dependent on foreign powers for everything..fine. But one day....we may have to wake up and smell the roses.....

Point understood! But if we can depend only on oil and build on it very well (like Saudi) I see no evil in it.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Jman06(m): 11:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
MarshRiley:
Wake up,use your head,Nigerians are doing great things,stop waiting for GMB to come and Change your circumstance,he can only do a little,your future is in your hands...mwork hard to make it great

Na lie ooooo!!!
GMB must change Nigeria oooo
No excuses!

@topic, great people! But how come the so called born to rules have only one person on that list And they have ruled Nigeria for the greater part of her existence! Even the guy's invention is nothing to write home about! lipsrsealed. I know they will rather see me as tribal bigot than have a sober reflection to see the truth in what I am saying and hold their leaders accountable. Yes! They will assume that I hate them! Buh I don't care. angry

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by gabelogan(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
I remember saheed from back in the day at FUT minna. That guy was always reading those huge programming books like his life depended on it and always talking bout c++.

1 Like

Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by BRAINCRASH(m): 11:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
[b][/b]DANIEL ALUMA
Graduated from FUTYOLA
He produce fuel from palm Oil.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by DrBlueprint(m): 11:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
I'm proud to be a Nigerian
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Feraz(m): 11:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Freemanan:

We have no foundation to build technological paradigm on. Education is a mess, vocational training same! You said so yourself.
shocked When?

Freemanan:

Point understood! But if we can depend only on oil and build on it very well (like Saudi) I see no evil in it.
There is nothing wrong with it but the fact that this free gift of nature will soon become useless is what he is talking about; how can you maintain your facilities should your oil dry up (where will the funds come from)? Nations like Japan and China can maintain theirs because they have trained themselves to do so. Notice that Saudi is not tech. advanced unlike nations with no/few natural resources who developed their human resources and is making us wow!!
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 12:01am On Apr 22, 2015
Feraz:
shocked When?

There is nothing wrong with it but the fact that this free gift of nature will soon become useless is what he is talking about; how can you maintain your facilities should your oil dry up (where will the funds come from)? Nations like Japan and China can maintain theirs because they have trained themselves to do so. Notice that Saudi is not tech. advanced unlike nations with no/few natural resources who developed their human resources and is making us wow!!

Without oil, half of the countries in the world won't attain the status they are now. Nemo Dat Quod Non Habet... Before oil, Nigeria was a fit society, if oil becomes obsolete, we'll have an alternative. For now, let's better the one we have.
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by Nobody: 12:06am On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

4.Plus....all these countries have highly innovative educations systems. And they do not rely solely on imports

Your words!
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by ITbomb(m): 1:00am On Apr 22, 2015
Nairaland Xenophobia
Why is my name not there?
Upon all my inventions
Re: 16 Nigerian Inventors You Should Know About by yussuf739: 1:02am On Apr 22, 2015
see all of dem,,, residing and working abroad,,, dis is simply called HUMAN CAPITAL TRAFFICKING

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Farmer Kills 15-foot Snake In Ekiti (Picture) / South Carolina: Huge Alligator Chews On Six Foot Alligator (Pics, Video) / Meet The Xenobot: World's First Living, Self-healing Robots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.