Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! (2683 Views)

Now Google Play Wants To Block Rooted Andriod Devices, What’s Next? / Misplaced Phone While On Silent Mode? / Locate Lost Phone Using Google Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by paragraph: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Have you ever been in a position you do not know where you kept your phone and you later discovered it was somewhere under the bed? Google has made it easier now! You can now search for your phone using your browser!

1. Ensure that you are using google chrome on both your desktop and phone
2. Also make sure that you are singed in with the same account on both devices
3. Type "find my phone" into the google search bar and the result will show the map of your phone's last known location. You can even choose to ring it.
Just tried this now and it worked!
NB. It works only with android devices. Cheers

http://time.com/3824933/google-lost-phone/?iid=time_readnext

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Jboyossai(m): 10:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
wow nice one there....just tried it out.....hmmmm looks like there is nothing impossible with technology....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by paragraph: 10:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Jboyossai:
wow nice one there....just tried it out.....hmmmm looks like there is nothing impossible with technology....

Yes o! Those google guys are just too much. The way they are going, they are becoming the UNO of the Technology world grin
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by youngwarlocks: 10:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
make sense.....mod fp abeg, let d awareness begin

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by mjames: 12:47am On Apr 22, 2015
I will try it when I wake up
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by abiolag(m): 1:07am On Apr 22, 2015
Nice one bro
Though no pc to test ryt nw

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Emmyk(m): 1:11am On Apr 22, 2015
I thought it's going to reply you with a scream...

"I'm with that guy that has long been eyeing me on you, he finally kidnapped me" sad

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by iamskiigii(m): 4:57am On Apr 22, 2015
Just incase...
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 22, 2015
Tried it numerous times on my Nokia torchlight phone, it didn't work. undecided These Google guys are big time scammers. angry

FriedPlantain

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Mattin(m): 6:23am On Apr 22, 2015
Can we ever get enough of technology? Rhetorical question that bugs my mind each time there is a new development in TECH world.
This Google guys wanna control the world.
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 22, 2015
Mattin:

Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Google wants to control the whole world. Google is Illuminati!! angry

FriedPlantain
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Collinz2(m): 7:16am On Apr 22, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Are you pondering what I'm pondering?

Google wants to control the whole world. Google is Illuminati!! angry

FriedPlantain
seriously
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 22, 2015
Good to know!

Let me give it a trial

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by zenith4biz(m): 7:28am On Apr 22, 2015
Google
The mention of that name give some 'heart attack'
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Paitty(f): 7:57am On Apr 22, 2015
Life is easier wt technology

Nice one

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by charlsecy(m): 8:00am On Apr 22, 2015
This is amazing. I will try this to see how it will work out.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by oyewolestephen(m): 8:34am On Apr 22, 2015
Cool but...
I can easily borrow another person's phone and give it a flash I think that one is faster, beside is not everybody that have access to a computer. except it going to ring when the phone is in silent mode
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by musicwriter(m): 8:36am On Apr 22, 2015
Google is the best thing to happen to the internet. Talk about a company with vision!.

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by funkyjms: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2015
You can never get enough of technology. Those ComputerVillage Ibo guys will easily bypass this sh!i #fact
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by dridowu: 9:09am On Apr 22, 2015
Nice one from google

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by kayultimate(m): 9:14am On Apr 22, 2015
Incredible

1 Like

Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by paragraph: 9:25am On Apr 22, 2015
oyewolestephen:
Cool but...
I can easily borrow another person's phone and give it a flash I think that one is faster, beside is not everybody that have access to a computer. except it going to ring when the phone is in silent mode
It rings no matter the mode the phone is currently in. It rang when mine was on Vibration.
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by paragraph: 9:31am On Apr 22, 2015
Mattin:
Can we ever get enough of technology? Rhetorical question that bugs my mind each time there is a new development in TECH world.
Now I think I understand why Google ask some silly questions at their interview. They redefine any market they enter. Nothing is impossible if you can just imagine it.
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by noordean(m): 9:45am On Apr 22, 2015
paragraph:

It rings no matter the mode the phone is currently in. It rang when mine was on Vibration.
Having u tried taking d phone to a far away place,probably anoda building close to urz? And if d phone is switched off,will it still respond?
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by falseman(m): 9:46am On Apr 22, 2015
You guys are giving those invasive app permission to steal your data.
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Collinz2(m): 10:17am On Apr 22, 2015
falseman:
You guys are giving those invasive app permission to steal your data.
what app?
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by jendy36(m): 10:27am On Apr 22, 2015
Google releasing new updates since 2015

first one is Google keyboard, now is find my phone
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by hahn(m): 10:39am On Apr 22, 2015
My Ondo peeps will rather ask their god to expose the theif
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by falseman(m): 10:58am On Apr 22, 2015
Collinz2:
what app?

Google Apps are invasive. I guess people are ignorant of the permission they grant to those apps when installing. They have the right to take picture, record your conversations, store your text messages, access your contacts remotely. Smh
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Oahray: 11:05am On Apr 22, 2015
What if the phone has been kidnapped and switched off?
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by hatux: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2015
Cool advancement....
Re: You Can Now Google Search Your Misplaced Phone! by Collinz2(m): 12:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
falseman:

Google Apps are invasive. I guess people are ignorant of the permission they grant to those apps when installing. They have the right to take picture, record your conversations, store your text messages, access your contacts remotely. Smh
and so.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno H7 Problem / D New Samsung Galaxy A9 Pro Official Thread (4GB Ram, 5000mah Battery & More). / Please Avoid Buying Phones From Affordable Phones Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.