Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID (40110 Views)

Augustine University: First Catholic University In Lagos Opens / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates / Interview Of A 21 Year Old Covenant University First Class Female Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by expozey(f): 5:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
MacMaster01:

lol I am from Covenant University, I know the 1st and 2nd edition of pressid CU had d highest i think 10 and 11 respectively (minister of power said this during my graduation), this 3rd edition I only saw my name and 4 others i know from my dept in CU maybe there are other people from CU that weren't in my dpt and I didn't or don't know their names; and our VC won't lie trust me wink wink

Congrats. Wish you all the best.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by SDIEGO(m): 6:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
To God's glory. 1 of 10 in 10 is a reality!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by anigbajumo(m): 6:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
chuna1985:

Lil, over 10% of the students have first class...Is that really a school ?

First class is an elite position, not a position anyone can reach.

Nigeria.
yea,u nailed da fact........My skul graduate over 5000 students dis yr bliv me na 33 students bag 1st class....jst imagine.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
amokeme:
like I said before, we have over a hundred more unis whose girls are friendly so just ignore the CU queens and I think a person's attitude irrespective of the gender shouldn't be anyone's problem. oh well, iv indulge you enough.. smiley
Amaka, I guess it shudnt b ur business if a guy wants to fling wit a CU chickito too? I told AY about his sch girls buh he refuted.. now see it one... however thanks for ur tym eagle....
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
amokeme:
like I said before, we have over a hundred more unis whose girls are friendly so just ignore the CU queens and I think a person's attitude irrespective of the gender shouldn't be anyone's problem. oh well, iv indulge you enough.. smiley
Amaka, I guess it shudnt b ur business if a guy wants to fling wit a CU chickito too? I told AY about his sch girls buh he refuted.. now see this one... however thanks for ur tym eagle....
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Rapzino: 6:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
Taleeysun:
yes because all fingers can never be equal
yeah
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Mosb(m): 7:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
papawemba:

Your English is a disaster.

Kindly request for a refund of the outrageous fees paid by your parents.

This further buttresses the fact that CU and their likes are nothing but dumping grounds for candidates who are intellectually handicapped to meet up with admission requirements of Federal and State universities.

They use ''good grades'' to compensate parents and sponsors for exorbitant fees paid to acquire certificates their wards can hardly defend.
. If his parents can afford it then what's dere?? Allow the guy use his words anyhow he likes man..... Its a free world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop hating!!!!! #Peace #GodblessNigeria #PrayforNigeria

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by pazienza(m): 7:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=omonnakoda post=32991701][/quote]

Well, I counted 46 Igbo names there. Where are those that have been saying that Yorubas have been dominating the PRESSID, they certainly didn't dominate this year's own.

46 out of 102 names is 45%, I don't think it's bad.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Amazo:

I will readily employ a second-class upper graduate from a federal university like Unilag, UI, OAU...etc over a first-class graduate of CU.

Well....yes you would...and so would i.

But....in the good old days when our parents were young...a thrid class graduate from any of those unis was guaranteed a civil service job.

Nowadays.....even a first or second class has to do an aptitude test....and he/she may not get the job.

And the private sector would employ a foreigner...or a Nigerian with a foreign degree....to do the job over the regular Nigerian.

And even those grads you like get out...and do a Masters abroad.(Knew one chap who read architecture up to Masters....then went to England to repeat the masters...because he needed to learn up to date Architectural techniques.).

And even my field medicine.....you can't get a job in the lucrative healthcare NGO sector easily without knowing how to use SPSS or EPI-INFO. Which they do not teach in most medical schools(unless things have changed)

Let's face it....we need improved facilities in our universities...among other things. Pretending all is well in our universities because the gifted lecturers are still there(largely because private unis came around much recently)....is not the road forward.And it is either govt pays more money....or you pay more money.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
Donpizzle:

Ever heard of the word SUBSIDY...
The skul fee of a federal university student is low bcoz it has bn SUBSIDIZED by the govt and dats y its naturally more difficult to gain admission in federal than private unis...if u care to knw, there re more qualified lecturers,profs,Dctrs e.t.c in public unis than in private unis......tke note

That is what I am saying.

The money for the lovely subsidy is not there anymore. Oil prices are falling....remember?

Add the fact that even the subsidy ain't enough. We need between 60000-2million naira per student per annum. Govt isn't paying up to that.

And if the subsidy were enough....we would have one student per room in the hostel, students would be eating for free in the canteen, all our lecture halls would be air-conditioned...and we would have enough lecturers. The fact that we don't have that tells me something.

And before you tell me that they have free education in Germany and Dubai....Germany and Dubai and all other countries that give free education have GDP per capita levels that we Nigerians can dream of.

I don't like saying this...but either the govt finds extra cash for education...and far more than the measly I trillion they promised in 2013....or we will be the ones to find the cash. Or we keep giving out poor degrees...that are increasingly uncompetitive....and worse...do not prepare students for the modern world.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by oluwanoni: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
samsonbazy:
Can d first class graduates in CU can ever compete with second class upper graduates in universities lik OAU,UI,Unilorin,and Unilag?why there is no any CU student has come first or second in inter-campuses debates organised for under graduate Law students and medicine students?why is it easier to gain admission into CU than federal universities like OAU,Unilorin,UI,Unilag,UNN? Rhetorical questions.

Cu does not have medicine or law...pick you facts well.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
papawemba:

Your English is a disaster.

Kindly request for a refund of the outrageous fees paid by your parents.

This further buttresses the fact that CU and their likes are nothing but dumping grounds for candidates who are intellectually handicapped to meet up with admission requirements of Federal and State universities.

They use ''good grades'' to compensate parents and sponsors for exorbitant fees paid to acquire certificates their wards can hardly defend.

Is it your Father's money? undecided
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by TheRealAdonye(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
Lol No. Attended a Private Uni though.

amokeme:
wink are you an eagle?

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by samsonbazy(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
Richmond996:

that is the stupid thing that is worrying Nigerians like you. you think its easier to get admission in CU, you are very wrong my friend. even with 200+ in jamb your admission is not sure (speaking from experience). You are just backward. people will be hating on private schools like say tomorrow no dey. Corruption is every where and you ave not heard every ones story. AND pls don't ever mention UNILAG again, those ones are corrupt to the marrow, they don't give admission on merit again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
u dnt av to attack my personality or insult me bfore u prove ur points or before I reason with you,dat is why I called it rethorical question.Learn how to reply constructively and maturely.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by oluwanoni: 7:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

But....in the good old days when our parents were young...a thrid class graduate from any of those unis was guaranteed a civil service job.

Nowadays.....even a first or second class has to do an aptitude test....and he/she may not get the job.

And the private sector would employ a foreigner...or a Nigerian with a foreign degree....to do the job over the regular Nigerian.

And even those grads you like get out...and do a Masters abroad.(Knew one chap who read architecture up to Masters....then went to England to repeat the masters...because he needed to learn up to date Architectural techniques.).

And even my field medicine.....you can't get a job in the lucrative healthcare NGO sector easily without knowing how to use SPSS or EPI-INFO. Which they do not teach in most medical schools(unless things have changed)

Let's face it....we need improved facilities in our universities...among other things. Pretending all is well in our universities because the gifted lecturers are still there(largely because private unis came around much recently)....is not the road forward.And it is either govt pays more money....or you pay more money.

I don't know why this arguments suffices every time, if you need a job after graduate, you'd take app test and interview, then its left for them to prove themselves.

That's why I don't inform peeps which I went to, I am doing so well that some of my colleagues would wonder if i went to a federal school.

The real truth is its the student that determine the grades and and how well he/she would function in the society, some people keep living in a myopic era. #envy would not make a lot of progress be ye humble.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
Expect to see things like '1st Class Students in CU can never have first class in OAU', 'They dash out 1st Class in that school' , 'It is a Glorified Secondary school', all from suffer heads whose parents cant afford to pay the tuition fees for CU
Nigerians are all over the world making Nigeria proud in different schools while we are here praising our decadent public school system that has little or nothing to offer the world.

Even In Dubai, I do not think you can work with Certificates from Nigerian universities, you might have to write IELTS or so (I am not 100 percent sure) and yet you see people displaying their mumuness bragging about the OAU they went to where their lecturer decided to fail them because their face just didnt appeal to him.

IF you had conducive environments, good lecturers, Internet and 24 hours power supply in public schools, I am sure students will excel more than they are right now

Praise what is good, do not let jealousy cloud your brains; UI and UNILAG students do well too.
Call a Spade A Spade...

...And Yes I finished from CU

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
kenex4ever:
it depends on the questions, those rich kids may have closer access to similar questions or the school may even teach them by lifting examples from d pressid past questions.
But for federal graduates, u r on ur own.
Even though u have n IQ of 250, if u dnt practice sample questions b4 writing an aptitude test, some one with IQ of 90 dat practiced with similar examples will score more.

Pure undiluted Beef
'Those Rich Kids'
Kai!

grin
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
chuna1985:

Lil, over 10% of the students have first class...Is that really a school ?

First class is an elite position, not a position anyone can reach.

Nigeria.

Over 10 percent?
LOOOOL
Why you dey lie na?
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
CU is a very good school.I finished from Madonna Uni but all my friends from CU all graduated with 1st class and a set of twin also did same.1st class there happens to be the average 2.1 in most Uni.I am not hating oh...Let me joke a little,I heard 1st class starts from 3.0 in CU.

Madonna University happens to be the worst private University in Nigeria .. and please stop spewing Lies..
I finished from the Mass Comm department with a 2.2 .. Since the inception of the school ( correct as at when i finished, only one student had graduated with a 1st class in Mass Communication. For a fact, in the Mass Comm department, 2.1 is more or less like a 1st Class, thats how rigorous it can be.

I remember going on IT in 200 Level and while writing news articles with students from other Polytechnics and Public Unis, I was the one proof reading their articles before being presented to the news editor. They had awful spelling errors and a very bad command of English.

I need not prove anything to you, just stop hating

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 7:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
saxywale:

best post so far..That is why i tell younger people i know to go to a private uni if they can afford it. The world has moved in, no one cares about what university you graduated from again...what everyone wants to see is your grade..which leads to opportunities both in Nigeria and overseas.

Not Grade actually
They want to see what you can do

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by hustla(m): 8:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
samsonbazy:
Can d first class graduates in CU can ever compete with second class upper graduates in universities lik OAU,UI,Unilorin,and Unilag?why there is no any CU student has come first or second in inter-campuses debates organised for under graduate Law students and medicine students?why is it easier to gain admission into CU than federal universities like OAU,Unilorin,UI,Unilag,UNN? Rhetorical questions.

No Law and Medicine in University
Research before you make assumptions.

Kindly keep quiet, you do not seem learned
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by bibiking7(m): 8:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
amokeme:
whn I read things like this from pple, I just wish it was true angry but its not its very easy to fail or pass a course in cu

I am confused. Do they or don't they have summer schools. Plus do they or don't they leave out the carry overs until you fail them in summer school. I have asked students and staffs. I am not judging the school. It's a nice school. I just think that if I was given the opportunity to attend summer school with or without your school facilities, I think things would have been easier. Federal schools just make shyte hard for peeps. This discussion won't be sweet on a forum. Look for someone that attended OAU or UNILAG or UNN or those major federal schools, sit down and let them tell you the woes and troubles of attending a federal school. Before you can think or even talk about a first class.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
hustla:

Madonna University happens to be the worst private University in Nigeria .. and please stop spewing Lies..
I finished from the Mass Comm department with a 2.2 .. Since the inception of the school ( correct as at when i finished, only one student had graduated with a 1st class in Mass Communication. For a fact, in the Mass Comm department, 2.1 is more or less like a 1st Class, thats how rigorous it can be.

I remember going on IT in 200 Level and while writing news articles with students from other Polytechnics and Public Unis, I was the one proof reading their articles before being presented to the news editor. They had awful spelling errors and a very bad command of English.

I need not prove anything to you, just stop hating

bros,U didnt read my comment right.I said all my friends in CU and a set of twin I know came out with 1st class.The follow up statements were simply jokes. I'm not hating and I didnt ask u to prove anything.Plus,I acknowledged CU as a very good school so lay off me.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
hustla:

Over 10 percent?
LOOOOL
Why you dey lie na?

its over 10% nah. In any assemblage of student names, 1st class should be less than 1%...That makes it genuine.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by bibiking7(m): 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
amokeme:
whn I read things like this from pple, I just wish it was true angry but its not its very easy to fail or pass a course in cu

I am confused. Do they or don't they have summer schools. Plus do they or don't they leave out the carry overs until you fail them in summer school. I have asked students and staffs. I am not judging the school. It's a nice school. I just think that if I was given the opportunity to attend summer school with or without your school facilities, I think things would have been easier. Federal schools just make shyte hard for peeps. This discussion won't be sweet on a forum. Look for someone that attended OAU or UNILAG or UNN or those major federal schools, sit down and let them tell you the woes and troubles of attending a federal school. Before you can think or even talk about a first class. As in schools that have prerequisite courses, where you will already know that you will have an extra year in your year 2 when you fail one course.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Nobody: 8:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Congrats to the scholars!

Though, the fact remains that those that made it actually had access to the brainfriend software. Some peeps even scored 96. It wasn't about being intelligent, it was about wisdom. It was about preparing with the right material. The questions were lifted verbatim from the software.

I'm of the opinion that many of the peeps that attend private unis do so because they couldn't get into federal unis. For instance, you need to have a utme score of at least 270 before u can dream o studying medicine, pharmacy or law in OAU. The competition is too stiff! I know someone that finished from Bowen(with a ist class). She couldn't do any of her assignments on her own all thru her 4 years stay. She was always begging me to help her out.

That doesn't rule out the fact that there are many sound guys in private skuls tho'
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by oluwanoni: 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
bibiking7:

I am confused. Do they or don't they have summer schools. Plus do they or don't they leave out the carry overs until you fail them in summer school. I have asked students and staffs. I am not judging the school. It's a nice school. I just think that if I was given the opportunity to attend summer school with or without your school facilities, I think things would have been easier. Federal schools just make shyte hard for peeps. This discussion won't be sweet on a forum. Look for someone that attended OAU or UNILAG or UNN or those major federal schools, sit down and let them tell you the woes and troubles of attending a federal school. Before you can think or even talk about a first class.

After Una go say Una rugged!!!!! Students giving excuse since 1960, the environment not being conducive should motivate one to excel, are there not people who graduated with first class from federal school, no be the same environment.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by samsonbazy(m): 8:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
hustla:

No Law and Medicine in University
Research before you make assumptions.

Kindly keep quiet, you do not seem learned
Thunder go fire ur brain.mr learned.ode omo ale.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by amokeme(f): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
bibiking7:

I am confused. Do they or don't they have summer schools. Plus do they or don't they leave out the carry overs until you fail them in summer school. I have asked students and staffs. I am not judging the school. It's a nice school. I just think that if I was given the opportunity to attend summer school with or without your school facilities, I think things would have been easier. Federal schools just make shyte hard for peeps. This discussion won't be sweet on a forum. Look for someone that attended OAU or UNILAG or UNN or those major federal schools, sit down and let them tell you the woes and troubles of attending a federal school. Before you can think or even talk about a first class. As in schools that have prerequisite courses, where you will already know that you will have an extra year in your year 2 when you fail one course.
we don't do summer in CU. if you carryover a course you have to do it the next year. iv being carrying over a year one course and am now in 300l (well I feel sorry for the final year students carrying it over too)so there it nothing like summer.. more so, here in CU you can have an extra year because of a [b]zero [/b]unit course cry

1 Like

Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by Amazo: 9:11pm On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Looking at it from this perspective, you're very correct and I do agree with you!
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MacMaster01(m): 9:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
umar4info:
please I want to know when the PRESSID form Is filled online. I want to know about the scholarship .when are they taking the next batch
it's normally published for applications every August, for now just hope Buhari continues with the program.
Re: Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID by MacMaster01(m): 9:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
expozey:

Congrats. Wish you all the best.
Thanks dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Can I Still Go Back And Write My Carry Over After 2 Years? / Kelvin Ogheneogaga: Student Flogged To Death By Teacher, Ekiugbo Grammar School / Jamb Registration Turns Bloody In Makurdi As 1 Person Said To Be Shot By Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.