Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker (38047 Views)

Charles Novia Writes On Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Saga / Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In / Guy Threatens Charles Novia’s Life Over Statement About Buhari Trekker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
1Dray:
Some brainless fools still believe the guy actually trekked from Lagos to Abuja within 20 days. Gullibility is so real.

Well..it is possible.

Assuming he covered 5km per hour.(there is even a rule called Naismith's rule that governs that)....for 9 hours every day....that is 45 kms which multiplied by 20 days gives 900kms.(778kms under the rule would be covered in 17-18 days).

He could have covered the whole distance in the time given...and even kept going

More on Naismith's rule:http://www.wildwalks.com/bushcraft/technical-stuff/naismith-s-rule-estimate-walking-time.html

I walk as a form of exercise. I can cover 5 km in one hour.

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by kuuljay(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
how I wish all tanoids fulfilled their bets before election,by now we for don get plenty ground breaking events like this guy.one tanoid even swore that if buhari wins that means it's ten men that impregnated his mother grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
hadura29:
Hmmmm. shoro niyen sha?

Ich auch so sehr,uber ich bin mulder.

Abeg I wan start to trek from my room to kitchen, ich habe Hunger. grin
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
ritux:

Have you considered the weather factor? The hot sun!!! and then 5.0km/hr hmmnn!!!

Well...I once walked over 10 kms under the hot sun.

Very easy to do...just stay hydrated.

(Not for beginners!)
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by ojimbo(m): 12:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
i doubt it, the day i traveled from nnewi to onitsha by foot, i could not get up for at least 18 hours, and i could not even work again for some days not to talk of going from lagos to abuja, all na wash jareh
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by freshness2020: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
hadura29:
Hmmmm. shoro niyen sha?

Abeg I wan start to trek from my room to kitchen, ich habe Hunger. grin
ich spratc deutch...lol..
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by polite2(m): 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
dis useless producer/director or wat is his role in nollywood . has he eva produced any sensible movie DAT meets up to international standard ?.

tell Mi how will he see sense in the trekking wen he has no sense himself .
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
ojimbo:
i doubt it, the day i traveled from nnewi to onitsha by foot, i could not get up for at least 18 hours, and i could not even work again for some days not to talk of going from lagos to abuja, all na wash jareh

Because you probably weren't fit enough! grin

I guess the gent did not have a car...so he was walking to work and walking everywhere...before he started out on his Buharinistic caper. smiley

The car...a disadvantage to mankind. grin
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by diptot: 12:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
This is very possible. One of my personal exercise routines is to trek on a daily bases. My records show that I walk about 6 KMs in 1 hour. If we extrapolate based on the distance from Lagos to Abuja, please see as follows:

6 Kms in 1 hours

60 Kms in 10 hours per day

600 Kms in 10 days of 10 hours trekking per day

1200 KMs in 20 days 10 hours trekking per day

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
If you desire to deceive most people this period, add Buhari to the subject. .....it works like magic. ..

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
If you desire to deceive most people this period, add Buhari to the subject. .....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by 1Dray(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Well..it is possible.

Assuming he covered 5km per hour.(there is even a rule called Naismith's rule that governs that)....for 9 hours every day....that is 45 kms which multiplied by 20 days gives 900kms.(778kms under the rule would be covered in 17-18 days).

He could have covered the whole distance in the time given...and even kept going

More on Naismith's rule:http://www.wildwalks.com/bushcraft/technical-stuff/naismith-s-rule-estimate-walking-time.html

I walk as a form of exercise. I can cover 5 km in one hour.

Walk 5Km/hr continuously for 20days? You dey use magic?

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Od31(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
liverpoolfc4life:
Let us tink of it critically,who is watching him wen he was trecking? lagos to Abuja trecking is pure and applied lie,the guy dont hv work? if some one treck for 12hrs sef he will sleep throughout the second day,it impossible jor

I dont know why people just criticize without checking facts. the average trekking speed of a man is 5km a hr, ok lets say the man's trekking 3 km a hour and he trekks for 14 hrs a day, that will mean 42km a day. so like someone has said mathematics dont lie, do the maths now. that means it will not take him 20 days to get to Abuja. So HE TREKKED AND HE HAS MADE HISTORY, So stop hating and get the man what he deserves, respect! bcus all those hatting here can not trek 5km in one month!!!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
If the trekker is from Edo state then I have no reason to doubt him...
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by MKO4ever(m): 12:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mehn..., that guy sef.... him for wait small make the days reach like 25 or 27days before completeing the journey
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
1Dray:

Walk 5Km/hr continuously for 20days? You dey use magic?

Note...he rested a bit.(Ultramarathoners...guys who run up to 2000kms...sleep at night!) Plus....he probably was not walking 5km/hr continuously...which is why it took him 20 days...and not the 17 days predicted by Naismith's rule.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Laid2001: 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
For those claiming the feat is inpossible.

Check this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_of_Hiking

The record holder trekked a total of 12,700 km in 239 days making it an average of 53.14km per day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Crest_Trail

Williamson traveled a total of 5,300 miles (8,530 km) in 197 days, covering an average of 35 to 40 miles (56 to 64 km) per day when not in snow – an overall average of 27 miles (43 km) per day – wearing an extremely ultra-lightweight pack, which "without food, weighed about 8.5 pounds (3.9 kg)".[24] Williamson then went on to complete a second round trip on November 28, 2006, cutting two weeks off his 2004 time.

The youngest person to hike the trail is Christian Thomas, who completed a flip-flop thru-hike of the trail from April 5, 2014 through November 24, 2014 at the age of 6. He completed his hike with his mother Andrea Rego and father Dion Pagonis. [26] [27]

The youngest girl to thru-hike the trail is Sierra Burror, who completed a continuous thru-hike of the trail from April through September 2012 at the age of 9. She completed her hike with her mother, Heather Burror

The trekking done by this Nigerian man is not even near any record at all it is such a small feat. Wath made it worthy of mentioning is the cause for which it was made.!

So, it is possible and achievable!!!

Google is your friend!!

3 Likes

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by ojimbo(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Because you probably weren't fit enough! grin

I guess the gent did not have a car...so he was walking to work and walking everywhere...before he started out on his Buharinistic caper. smiley

The car...a disadvantage to mankind. grin
mr fitness, treck from mile2 to ceme boarder and you will understand what i mean

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Haywhymido(m): 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
who is charles novia
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by cocokiller1(f): 1:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Please on which record? Guinness Book? smiley
Lool
origin book I guess
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Od31(m): 1:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Please, stop being emotional; that feat is difficult to believe, given the time frame.

I never believed it from the onset.

what time frame? it is very very possible there are people who can do it in less number of days. There are people who wake up every morning to run 10 kms as execise before they begin the day. so why is walking 40km at day a problem. The villagers trekker more that 20 kms to and from to the farm land and every carry loads on their head. You people are just to lazy to believe.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
Od31:

what time frame? it is very very possible there are people who can do it in less number of days. There are people who wake up every morning to run 10 kms as execise before they begin the day. so why is walking 40km at day a problem. The villagers trekker more that 20 kms to and from to the farm land and every carry loads on their head. You people are just to lazy to believe.

At my age, it's not expected I believe EVERYTHING. We're not talking of people running 10 km per day, but of a guy who looked as refreshing as possible after allegedly completing such an enormous task of completing a 778 km or so distance.

Abeg, I'm really happy to be lazy to believe!

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by justi4jesu(f): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2015
cocokiller1:
Lool
origin book I guess

cheesy cheesy Dont't mind that guy smiley
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by abbey621(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
I can understand why so many of us are pessimistic, we don't live that kind of life and are basically lazy! In the North walking large distances is the norm, they are conditioned for such tasks. The question everyone should be asking is where does the man come from? What does he do for a living? How fit was he? Does he have family members or friends who are aware of his daily activities? These questions and more would help authenticate his claim instead of speculations!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by hope4nigeria(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
tobdee:
[size=18pt]abi my broda...waiting for federal ministry of defenders to come and defend their dude.[/size]
yeye dey smell
my brother! i think na only me observed that terible lies! it is good to comends sombody who does somting unusual, but when it becmes unimaginable foolishness, that amount to catastrophic corruption. i googled fastest man in the world based on number of sec spent to cover 100meter can never made such a journey in 19days. examples: a car runing 140km/h will spend 9hrs to cover distance frm lagos to Abuja. how many distance
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by jude33084(m): 1:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mitsurugi:
Charles, the only way to prove him wrong is to undertake your own trek and make sure Nollywood captures shots for the next blockbuster. You are more in the news these days for criticizing kids than making movies. Afolayan don leave you go ooo ... grin

A lot of Nigerians do not use their brain at all.

No wonder shekau can recruit very fast cheesy
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by danla44(m): 1:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Charles, why not do it in your own way, let see how many days it will take you.

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
ojimbo:
mr fitness, treck from mile2 to ceme boarder and you will understand what i mean

I probably can trek from Seme to mile 2.(I do not live in the Lagos area BTW)....over two days...to three days grin

Of course...I would have to train before hand.....just as people who run a marathon train for it beforehand.

And eat carbs beforehand...and drink lots of water.

But then again....I am a doctor....not a athlete! grin

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by emmatok(m): 1:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
eduwando:
Lie from the pit of hell,even lagos to ibadan by foot sound crazy,how can you tell me that a human moved from lagos to abuja in three weeks?and some fools bought that kind shit,una brain is dead,this man has fooled all of you,if you am told he some unseen vehicles of bikes helped him to cover some distance till he gots to where people could see him that's understandable but guys for any animal to convince me that this man moved from lagos to abuja by foot and still stand with his two legs that I will consider to be the greatest april fool gift to some uninformed nigerians,unless to some who don't know where abuja is,guys make una wake up.

You forget Nomads trek from the North to Lagos with their cattle.

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by honeric01(m): 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
During fuel scarcity in the 90s, I trekked from Sanya (Ijeshatedo-surulere) to Aboru (Iyana Ipaja) within 4 hours..I even got lost at Dopemu thinking I was already at iyana Ipaja.

so those including Charles Nokia saying this ain't possible are extremely ignorant and should reason before condemning.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by aijazNija: 1:26pm On Apr 22, 2015
Anybody that believes the guy trekked from Lagos to Abuja. Can believe anything including 1dollar=1naira in four years grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by lukxman(m): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Is he jealous of d crowd dt cheer Hashimu?

I dnt knw d Charles Novia bt since nollywood follows his story... Naija celebrities, no b efribody dey 4llow those wey dey produce 5 films in a month... U want crowd to follow u? Take tym and produce smth exceptional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Juliet Okonkwo, E-money's Wife Stuns In New Photos - She Has Got Prayers For You / Chiamaka Nwafor 18th Birthday: Regina Chukwu's Daughter Turns 18 / Regina Daniels Celebrates Her 21st Birthday With Beautiful Photos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.