Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker (38036 Views)

Charles Novia Writes On Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Saga / Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In / Guy Threatens Charles Novia’s Life Over Statement About Buhari Trekker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Od31(m): 1:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
dearpreye:

At my age, it's not expected I believe EVERYTHING. We're not talking of people running 10 km per day, but of a guy who looked as refreshing as possible after allegedly completing such an enormous task of completing a 778 km or so distance.

Abeg, I'm really happy to be lazy to believe!

I know u will pick on the "people running 10kms " i only mentioned that to stress that there are people who are fit, who exercise everyday so they are physically fit to take up such task. For someone who does such execise every morning for quite a long time will have no problem taking such task of trekking continuously for 3 wks (12 to 14 hrs a day). You dont have to believe. in days of Old, when there are little or no cars people travel from one place to the other by trekking no matter the distance.

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by idu1(m): 1:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
There are many lazy youths who can't trek from one bustop to another. I don't know what's the big deal in trekking from lag to abj.....

I swear its something I can do....

2 Likes

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Kul3ger(m): 1:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

Please on which record? Guinness Book? smiley
Don't ask me such questions...'The Lagos to Abuja trekker' is already a record...consult ur dictionary on the meaning of record- I never said guiness book!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Od31:

I know u will pick on the "people running 10kms " i only mentioned that to stress that there are people who are fit, who exercise everyday so they are physically fit to take up such task. For someone who does such execise every morning for quite a long time will have not problem taking such task of trekking continuously for 3 wks (12 to 14 hrs a day). You dont have to believe. in days of Old, when there are little or no cars people travel from one place to the other by trekking no matter the distance.

Me no believe am abeg!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Femistico(m): 1:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
I understand u bro, the same way I also reasoned and I even heard it will be in Guinness world of record buh my suggestion is b4 he entered into record let them tape him and he shld start afresh again..with that I will blive dis story
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by justi4jesu(f): 1:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
Kul3ger:

Don't ask me such questions...'The Lagos to Abuja trekker' is already a record...consult ur dictionary on the meaning of record- I never said guiness book!

I don't have a dictionary, could you be kind enough to tell me the meaning angry
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by nas4q(m): 1:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
This kine record Wey oyinbos dey break anyhow na hin some people siddon dey analyse. The fact that novia does not have the strength to travel that far distance does not mean that we don't have People that can do so. All they need is a little motivation in dis case provided by the victory of the general against all odds. If una vex me, I will be forced 2 break that record from kaduna 2 Lagos!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by ojimbo(m): 1:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
bushdoc9919:

I probably can trek from Seme to mile 2.(I do not live in the Lagos area BTW)....over two days...to three days grin

Of course...I would have to train before hand.....just as people who run a marathon train for it beforehand.

And eat carbs beforehand...and drink lots of water.

But then again....I am a doctor....not a athlete! grin
marathon is a very clear issue compared to traveling from lagos to abuja, wooooooooo. my dear this is beyond your imagination, i have traveled a lot both with leg and by car, it is not possible. it will take him months to accomplish that. if he can track fro lagos to ogun in four days, he needs to rest for about three days before attempting to make any move again,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by anonimi: 1:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
toyoutoyou:
Bad belle.Since it's not a man from ur tribe.U can go and die.Keep doubting while the man is already keying himself into the right government.

It is this kind of mental LAZINESS that will ensure we BLACK people remain the scumbags of the world.

The OP asked legitimate questions about a possible SCAM and FRAUDSTER. All you are concerned about is that "the man is already keying himself into the right government" obviously for CORRUPT enrichment, not so

If you have no meaningful response to provide, instead of identifying yourself as a TRIBAL bigot, you should just STFU sad

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
hope4nigeria:
my brother! i think na only me observed that terible lies! it is good to comends sombody who does somting unusual, but when it becmes unimaginable foolishness, that amount to catastrophic corruption. i googled fastest man in the world based on number of sec spent to cover 100meter can never made such a journey in 19days. examples: a car runing 140km/h will spend 9hrs to cover distance frm lagos to Abuja. how many distance
maybe they thought we are too
gullible to swallow any kind lie...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Dreament(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
eduwando:
Lie from the pit of hell,even lagos to ibadan by foot sound crazy,how can you tell me that a human moved from lagos to abuja in three weeks?and some fools bought that kind shit,una brain is dead,this man has fooled all of you,if you am told he some unseen vehicles of bikes helped him to cover some distance till he gots to where people could see him that's understandable but guys for any animal to convince me that this man moved from lagos to abuja by foot and still stand with his two legs that I will consider to be the greatest april fool gift to some uninformed nigerians,unless to some who don't know where abuja is,guys make una wake up.
i believe we are all talented in a special way. If u could not do it does not mean other people can not do it. I had a friend that juged from my house to a place that normally takes 1hr by car. For me i can not do it. U can only judge this guy if their is more evidence to do that. But 4 me it seems impossible, but what evidence do i have to support my motion. I did not see him entering car, bike, bycycle. Nobody could say he saw him on a bike or in car. So u have to believe him even if he lied or not.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Guk: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
booqee:
Discrediting the claims of Hashim Suleiman, man who claimed he trekked from Lagos to Abuja, popular Nollywood producer, Charles Novia calls him a liar, saying such task is impossible within the time frame given.

Chevron in Lekki to Shoprite in Surulere is approximately 39km. Is that doable in a 12 hour day? Yes.

Taking into account that fatigue sets in and he might drop in speed, it is scientifically doable
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by toyoutoyou: 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
I will try to do that next time.Stay blessed.
anonimi:

It is this kind of mental LAZINESS that will ensure we BLACK people remain the scumbags of the world.

The OP asked legitimate questions about a possible SCAM and FRAUDSTER. All you are concerned about is that "the man is already keying himself into the right government" obviously for CORRUPT enrichment, not so

If you have no meaningful response to provide, instead of identifying yourself as a TRIBAL bigot, you should just STFU sad

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by bigass123(m): 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
it doesn't matter who believes or who doesn't.. the man did it and has been celebrated, in fact still been celebrated. The possibility of his claim has been critically reviewed on this platform and several others and it has been agreed that it is very very possible. Using the average human walking speed per hour and the distance covered over the given number of days. Some even went ahead to post Google map and the walking distance from Lagos to ABJ showing the possibility of the claim.
But if someone somewhere thinks its still a fluke, please keep on hating because the guy needs your hate to become more famous. Hating and bad belle is allowed, you're promoting the new celeb.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by hush15: 2:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
CR77:
Absolute nonsense

Charles Novia notice me person

CR77,

lf they told me he used one month plus, maybe but in less than 3 weeks, abegi.

Lagos to Ibadan alone, bush from Lagos Ogun toll gate to ogun Oyo toll gate alone will get you shivers.

am so certain he biked at certain points, especially in places he needed to leave bushy surroundings
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by zeembab(m): 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
Charles Novia should keep his opinion to himself...................

I personally trekked more than 40 km in less than 20 hours once precisely in August 13, 1993. When the bus I was travelling in was robbed by armed robbers.

I trekked from Ago close to Ijebu Ode to Ibadan between around 6 .30 am when we were robbed and 8 pm when I got to Cocoa Research Institute before some good samaritans helped me with money to complete my journey into Ibadan city.

The distance between Ago and CRIN in Ibadan more than 40KM, but obviously my legs were sore for more than 2 days after that episode.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by LushGreenz: 2:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
FunnyAfricanPic:

LMFAO!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by hharsnan(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
Every man is entitled to his own opinion. Buh left to me I think that man's feat has been politicised
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by ZUBY77(m): 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
sameer1212:
Charles Novia or what ever u call yourself, we don't need your useless opinion on this. If u are jealous of the hospitality given to Hashimu "the traveller", that's your own business.

Animal. Anybody who tries to find out the truth becomes jealous.
I wonder why God made some people to look like us.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by jimi4us: 2:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
toyoutoyou:
Bad belle.Since it's not a man from ur tribe.U can go and die.Keep doubting while the man is already keying himself into the right government.
toro toro why you nova still get sense till now.? why?? your paps would've doubled the condom. instead of bringing an agbero to come and be disturbing the world.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Tomreal(m): 2:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dragonking:
Dont mind them. APC propaganda and lies!!!
You and this your phobia for APC. What has APC got to do with this naa. Campaigns are over after all.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by quickly: 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
I know someone that trek from a papa wharf to mma airport in a day.it can be done
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Agbero(m): 2:34pm On Apr 22, 2015
jimi4us:
toro toro why you nova still get sense till now.? why?? your paps would've doubled the condom. instead of bringing an agbero to come and be disturbing the world.
Last warning!!! undecided
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by adanny01(m): 2:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
The preferred walking speed is the speed at which humans or other animals choose to walk. In the absence of significant external factors, humans tend to walk at about 1.4 m/s (5.0 km/h; 3.1 mph).[1][2][3] Although humans are capable of walking at speeds upwards of 2.5 m/s (9.0 km/h; 5.6 mph)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preferred_walking_speed

Assumption 1: 5km/h walking speed which can be more
Assumption 2: takes off each day 6am and rest by 12noon continue by 1pm stop for the day 6pm. That gives 10hrs of walk.

5km/h x 10hrs = 50km everyday

778km ÷ 50km = 15.56 days to complete

He spent 19 days out of which i learnt he spent 2 in Niger state not walking.

So he walked in 17days actually. That means he was even slower than expected.

So he probably started walking 6am took 2hr break from 12noon to 2pm and stopped 6pm.

This gives 45km everyday to complete in 17.3 days.

All is very possible and with better stamina, could have done better.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
ZUBY77:

Animal. Anybody who tries to find out the truth becomes jealous.
I wonder why God made some people to look like us.
U are an Id*iot, fvcking bastard like u. Chimpanzee like u are suppose to be in zoo or bush. Id*iot rapist.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Mayems(m): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
he is still suffering from the trauma that GEJ lost.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by maleq(m): 2:43pm On Apr 22, 2015
booqee:
Discrediting the claims of Hashim Suleiman, man who claimed he trekked from Lagos to Abuja, popular Nollywood producer, Charles Novia calls him a liar, saying such task is impossible within the time frame given.

but if na american do this u wod believe, doubting thomases
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by dammytosh: 2:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
Charles Novia should go and take a seat and continue writing the crap he writes against his colleagues.

If it were to be a white man that made that spurious claim , we will not come here and be typing crap.

That he trecked from Lagos to Abuja does not mean he went through the same express road u are measuring.

Trecking from Island to yaba does not mean u must measure third mainland bridge there are plenty routes.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by LastProphet: 2:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Am Buhari supporter but I dont think that guy did not hitch a ride somewhere, except he took some routes shorter than we know sha.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Hero10001: 2:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Hero10001: 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dragonking:
Dont mind them. APC propaganda and lies!!!
That trekking was a scam, a bulls.h.it, it's only a gullible idiats would believed it.
In Reality, in 6 months, he'll never reach Abuja, he'll die of Musculocellular trauma and Cadiovasculas stress.
Who no no say the guy join train/trailer to skip some arid regions.
Who not sabi the trick to hid a piece of meat undeneath the tougue?!
...And the mofos are aplauding him.
I wonder how the incoming govt will perform if they can't detect a simple scam by that nigga forming cow.
Even a fulani hearder that could walk the earth won't pull that stunt in within that short time.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Hero10001: 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
LastProphet:
Am Buhari supporter but I dont think that guy did not hitch a ride somewhere, except he took some routes shorter than we know sha.
k'osi ona abuja l'ori ope..
Go check the maps, no short cuts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

WOW! Uche Jombo’s Wedding Photos / Father Of Lady Who Tattooed Bobrisky On Her Body 'Disowns' Her / Simi Twerking With Her Mum To Mark Mother's Day [PICS+VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.