Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,795 members, 7,802,535 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates (29886 Views)

Admission 2016: List Of Schools That Have Released Admission List / PRESSID 2015/2016 SCHOLARS YET TO BE CONTACTED / Covenant University’s First Class Graduates Dominate PRESSID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by PassingShot(m): 3:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
RedBenson:

All those muhammed, abdulsalam, where are they from?

Southern Muslims.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 3:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
PassingShot:

Southern Muslims.
I suspect they are Kwara or Kogi. Though they may be Southern.Kwara state has a high academic tradition especially in the legal field But this exposes the hypocrisy of the North ,when it suits them they won't see Kwara as North

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by eCollynzo: 3:23pm On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
The real question that eludes me is this. There are southerners in that House of Representatives.What did they have to say when all this was being discussed and why are people not pressuring them?
I swear that was the first question that went through my mind when I read the story on vanguard. What were the Southern representatives doing when that man was demanding the suspension of the program?
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 3:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
eCollynzo:
I swear that was the first question that went through my mind when I read the story on vanguard. What were the Southern representatives doing when that man was demanding the suspension of the program?
It happened exactly the same way last year .Go to Facebook and investigate but then it is not only reps but you and I what are we doing. The Sulan of Sokoto actually had the effronter to go and make noise in front of GEJ then. Anyway it is very convenient for Eboes and Yorubas to keep hating each other so things like this are never tackled

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by olaolu39(m): 3:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
sauceny:
80% of list was selected through slots given to ministers,senators,governors & 20% made it by merit...
Its by merit: I know number 88, 96 and 100
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by sifo: 3:49pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ferdybaba:
Sifo congrats wink

White house fall my hands, i for dey here with you now embarassed cry
Thanks boss. God will help us all achieve our dreams no matter d situation.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 3:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
Is nt abt giving them d scholarship, bt let them nt b abandoned there like the previous ones
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Haba, not even one akwaibom person in the list?
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by joescase: 4:28pm On Apr 24, 2015
I really wz xpectin dat igbo envy from u
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by yuskanovic(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ethnic sentiments and religious fanatism is the bane of our problems in this country. Scholarships were given to the best 102 candidates irrespective of their state of origin as far as they're NIGERIANS. At least i know of the dude on Number 10 on the list AYODEJI, AVIS ADENIRAN, we graduated from the same alma mater (UNILORIN) in 2012 and i can confidently say the guy is a genius cox he finished as the overall best grad student in the faculty of Engin with a FIRST CLASS in MECH ENGIN and he truly merited this scholarship after proving himself again. So pls lets stop all the bad blood and witch-hunting and c ourselves as ONE NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 4:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
yuskanovic:
Ethnic sentiments and religious fanatism is the bane of our problems in this country. Scholarships were given to the best 102 candidates irrespective of their state of origin as far as they're NIGERIANS. At least i know of the dude on Number 10 on the list AYODEJI, AVIS ADENIRAN, we graduated from the same alma mater (UNILORIN) in 2012 and i can confidently say the guy is a genius cox he finished as the overall best grad student in the faculty of Engin with a FIRST CLASS in MECH ENGIN and he truly merited this scholarship after proving himself again. So pls lets stop all the bad blood and witch-hunting and c ourselves as ONE NIGERIA.
I suppose the form of the argument is not that your Ayodeji fellow is not a genius but that there are other geniuses from the North who have not been recognized. I just say this for the purpose of debating . Your argument is inchoate because it either does not recognize the issue or ignores it. That is not to say I agree with the Northern premise but your offering is not a refutation but a parallel piece of information. We need to improve the quality of our debating generally
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by CanberraGame: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
That niggar @ number 50 is not a human being!!! ....Jude Ikazegbe Inwumoh!!! He reads like an idiot and a hegoat joied together!!! Best graduating student of 2012 Electrical/Electronics Engr....we attended the great ADAMS ADEBOLA INTEGRAL COACHING CLASS @ Oshodi,Lagos and even Uniben sef!!!! ...tht niqqar is presently @ University of Leeds,doing his Masters....on scholarship from NITDA!!!!! Thank God for Mr Asams! God bless!!!!.....Ernestoooooo
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by CanberraGame: 5:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
That niggar @ number 50 is not a human being!!! ....Jude Ikazegbe Inwumoh!!! He reads like an idiot!!! Best graduating student of 2012 Electrical/Electronics Engr....we attended the great ADAMS ADEBOLA INTEGRAL COACHING CLASS @ Oshodi,Lagos and even Uniben sef!!!! ...tht niqqar is presently @ University of Leeds,doing his Masters....on scholarship from NITDA!!!!! Thank God for Mr Adams! God bless!!!!.....Ernestoooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by zicoy6k: 6:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
ArewaWarrior:

All of your likes that talk of the North do NOT know the North, most have never been there but comfortably sit behind a keyboard and talk rubbish like yourself.

Even if Federal character is pushed aside and whatever criteria is deployed in a selection process, the north will have ample representation. The population is superior to all other geographical zones, regardless of poverty and almajiris that wonder about, a decent portion can challenge on an international level talk less of national.

This stereotype of ignorance in the North and intelligence in the South which you promote says alot about how poorly wired you are my friend.

The PRESSID list is unacceptable and it stinks of foul play. Mark me next years list is going to be very very different.

My friend, take it easy. PRESSID is a different kind of scholarship. The are different stages of the shortlisting. There is age limit. 30 yrs for masters applicants. Most of the Northern first class graduates i know are over 30. Another criterion is the O level result. Then an aptitude test dat is not based on wat u were taught in skul so no tym for cramming. D process is purely on merit though the test for dis edition was flawed with leakages of questions because the organisers of the exams have a commercial software which contained all the questions. Those who knew and could afford it bought and they are d ones on that list because most of them scored above 80%.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by zicoy6k: 6:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
I suppose the form of the argument is not that your Ayodeji fellow is not a genius but that there are other geniuses from the North who have not been recognized. I just say this for the purpose of debating . Your argument is inchoate because it either does not recognize the issue or ignores it. That is not to say I agree with the Northern premise but your offering is not a refutation but a parallel piece of information. We need to improve the quality of our debating generally
I have met a lot of first class graduates from the north and all i can say about them is that they are very studious not intelligent. Passing the PRESSID test requires u to be very intelligent and fast.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
dadicvila:
. LIAR!!!! I know 2 people there that graduated from NDU,they are from Yoruba and know nobody

Then,they made up the 20% merited student
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 6:59pm On Apr 24, 2015
ArewaWarrior:

All of your likes that talk of the North do NOT know the North, most have never been there but comfortably sit behind a keyboard and talk rubbish like yourself.

Even if Federal character is pushed aside and whatever criteria is deployed in a selection process, the north will have ample representation. The population is superior to all other geographical zones, regardless of poverty and almajiris that wonder about, a decent portion can challenge on an international level talk less of national.

This stereotype of ignorance in the North and intelligence in the South which you promote says alot about how poorly wired you are my friend.

The PRESSID list is unacceptable and it stinks of foul play. Mark me next years list is going to be very very different.

did you see last year's list ? It is on Nairaland. Look for it . It was dominated by the SW with almost 50% the next zone which was the SE was about 20% . This year the gap has closed. That is what the North should aim to do instead of whining like spoilt brats.What does population have to do with anything. The educational gap between the North and South is well known and documented. China should dominate world football based on their population according to your "LOGIC". The reality is in the south we have learnt not to expect eductional assistance from the government unlike in the North where for many years under military governments .The state government could still afford University scholarships.In Unity schools those students travelling south from the North got grants from their state governments.There was no such thing in the South.
Somebody today was talking about "JEGA" as if he is some great scholar. He may be so in the North but down south he would be average and unremarkable. At any level where there is academic competition from primary to University the North CANNOT compete with the South and when we say south we mean SW and SE not by a mile for that to happen based on what is on ground now you will need another 50 years because we are not standing still. What happens is you get privilege after privilege in Nigeria. How many Northerners with Phd s are unemployed ? You will find that number in just one state. Already Buhari is taking photos with one Youth leader Adamu because he has a Phd. He can be assured of fast track career and that makes the rest of you complacent and entitled in your thinking. There was an aptitude test and you were outclassed,deal with it and stop moaning. The Minister of Education was from Rivers state and the President Bayelsa. I did not see any names from Bayelsa though there may have been(ARGUABLY) a few Ikwerre names. I don't think the North are ignorant but at the top,top level you are not there. No matter how much you stamp your feet in protest

7 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by askuburi2: 7:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
does that mean, our first class student cant make into that list... atleast one...

plz lets try and see reosons....
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
Presidential Scholarship (PRESSID) 2015/16 List of Successful Candidates Published
Apr 18, 2015
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of successful applicants for Pressid scholarship is out. The Implementation Committee of the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) is pleased to announce the names of the successful candidates for the award of scholarships for the 2015/2016 academic session as follows:

S/No NAME
1. ABDULHAFIZ, ONIMISI USMAN
2. ABDULHAKEEM, ONIMISI MOMOH
3. ABDULJELIL, IYANIWURA ADIO ADEBOLA
4. ABDULRAHMAN, OLAOBAJU
5. ABIODUN, ADESOLA ADETUNJI
6. ADUNOLA, CHRISTIANA FASHOGBON
7. ALOYSIUS, KENECHUKWU EZEILO
8. ATINUKE, OMOTANWA OLALEYE
9. AUSTIN, AKACHUKWU NWOKEDIUKO
10. AYODEJI, AVIS ADENIRAN
11. AYOMIDE, AYEYEMI AKINTAYO
12. BABAJIDE, OLAOLU AKINTUNDE
13. BABAJIDE, YUSUF ONANUGA
14. BAYONLE, AISHAT DAUDA
15. BEST, EDEKI
16. CHARLES, OBIOHA OSUAFOR
17. CHIAMAKA, PEACE UZOEWULU
18. CHIDOZIE, DONALD OJOBOR
19. CHIKA, VICTOR EZE
20. CHIMA, DONATUS UJOATUONU
21. CHIMA, STANLEY EKE
22. CHINEDU, AZUBUIKE AJOKU
23. CHINEDU, JOSEPH NWOKEDIUKO
24. CHISOM, IHUAKU AKAKURU
25. CHISOM, SYLVIA ANYAEZU
26. CHUKWUMA, DAVID IZUOGU
27. DANIEL, OBIORA UDENZE
28. DANIEL, OSETARE IKHALO
29. EBERE, SUNNY CHUKWUBA
30. EMEKA, NDULUE
31. EMMANUEL, OKEOGHENE EFEONAH
32. EMMANUEL, OLUWATOBI OLUGBADE
33. FLORA, TOBI OYINE OKETA
34. GABRIEL, UGOCHUKWU EGBO
35. GIDEON, IDUMAH
36. GIDEON, UCHEHARA
37. HILLARY, ONYEBUCHI ONYISHI
38. HYACINTH, CHIJIOKE ALI
39. IFEANYI, KIZITO MADU
40. IFEOMA, UCHENNA ONUGHA
41. IKENNA, CHRISTOPHER OKWARA
42. ISAIAH, OLABISI ADELABU
43. ISIJOKELU, GIFT IJEH
44. ISRAEL, MAYOMI THOMAS
45. ISRAEL, OLABISI KOIKU
46. IZUNNA, ODINAKA UMEZINNE
47. JIDEOFOR, AMBROSE HENRY ODOEZE
48. JOSEPH, OLUWABUSAYO ADETOYINBO
49. JOSHUA, ADELEKE FOLORUNSO
50. JUDE, IKAZEGBE INWUMOH
51. KINGSLEY, ONYEKACHI EGBO
52. MARTIN, CHINWEOKWU EZE
53. MARTINS, OSHIORIAMHE AINERUA
54. MARYLEEN, ULUAKU NDUBUAKU
55. MORGAN, MANUCHIM WOPARA
56. MOSES, ENWUBIKO UFFOR
57. NNAEMEKA, WALTER CHIME
58. OBIAJULU, COLLINS CHUKWUMA
59. OGADIMMA, DESMOND OKAGU
60. OGECHUKWU, VINCENTIA EZEH
61. OGHENETEGA, JOSHUA ODJEGBA
62. OGHENEYOMA, OGAGAOGHENE ADJEKPIYEDE
63. OGOCHUKWU, KINGSLEY IJEOMAH
64. OKWUNNA, MARYJANE UMEGO
65. OLADAYO, AKINOLA SIYANBOLA
66. OLAKUNLE, SUNDAY ABAWONSE
67. OLALEKAN, PETER OGUNMEFUN
68. OLAMIDE, YOMI KUMAPAYI
69. OLAPEJU, OMOSOLA BADEJO
70. OLUCHUKWU, ROSELINE OBI-ALAGO
71. OLUFISAYO, TITILOPE OSOKO
72. OLUMIDE, OLUSEGUN OSOKOYA
73. OLUWADAMILOLA, AYOTUNDE AYODELE
74. OLUWADARA, ABIDEMI OGUNKOYA
75. OLUWAFEMI, PAUL FALOLA
76. OLUWATOBI, AIKOMO
77. OLUWATOBILOBA, IBUKUN OLADUNNI
78. OLUWATOSIN, MATTHEW ADESANYA
79. ONUORAH, JOSHUA NWANI
80. ONYINYE, CHRISTIANA AZUBUIKE
81. OPEYEMI, LUKUMAN FADIPE
82. OSAGIE, AIWERIOGHENE ERIBO
83. OSEZUA, OBEHI IBHADODE
84. OYEBOLA, OLUWAKEMI OYESOLA
85. OYENIKE, IKEOLUWA OYELEKE
86. PROMISE, OBERORO AKENI
87. SAMUEL, ATU JUNIOR ABOK
88. SAMUEL, CHUKWUEMEKA OLISA
89. SAMUEL, OLUWAGBEMI IYIOLA
90. SCHOLASTICA, CHINELO OLANREWAJU
91. SHERIFAT, OMOKHUWA YESUFU
92. SIKIRU, ADEMOLA ADEWALE
93. SOLOMON, MATHEW ONWUEGBU
94. SOLOMON, OLASUNKANMI ODEYALE
95. STEPHEN, OHIMAI AGBI
96. TAOFEEQ, ALABI BADMUS
97. TEMITOPE, ANUOLUWAPO OLUGBEJE
98. TOLUWALEYI SAMUEL BABALOBI
99. TUMININU, AYOTUNDE LAWANSON
100. UCHECHUKWU, CHUKWUKA ARONU
101. UCHECHUKWU, SANDRA AGBOGWU
102. VICTOR , EMMANUEL SABO

http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/
hmm
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Nobody: 8:10pm On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:
did you see last year's list ? It is on Nairaland. Look for it . It was dominated by the SW with almost 50% the next zone which was the SE was about 20% . This year the gap has closed. That is what the North should aim to do instead of whining like spoilt brats.What does population have to do with anything. The educational gap between the North and South is well known and documented. China should dominate world football based on their population according to your "LOGIC". The reality is in the south we have learnt not to expect eductional assistance from the government unlike in the North where for many years under military governments .The state government could still afford University scholarships.In Unity schools those students travelling south from the North got grants from their state governments.There was no such thing in the South.
Somebody today was talking about "JEGA" as if he is some great scholar. He may be so in the North but down south he would be average and unremarkable. At any level where there is academic competition from primary to University the North CANNOT compete with the South and when we say south we mean SW and SE not by a mile for that to happen based on what is on ground now you will need another 50 years because we are not standing still. What happens is you get privilege after privilege in Nigeria. How many Northerners with Phd s are unemployed ? You will find that number in just one state. Already Buhari is taking photos with one Youth leader Adamu because he has a Phd. He can be assured of fast track career and that makes the rest of you complacent and entitled in your thinking. There was an aptitude test and you were outclassed,deal with it and stop moaning. The Minister of Education was from Rivers state and the President Bayelsa. I did not see any names from Bayelsa though there may have been(ARGUABLY) a few Ikwerre names. I don't think the North are ignorant but at the top,top level you are not there. No matter how much you stamp your feet in protest
A very fascinating post......
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by babestella: 8:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
Bants:
Igbo names are too much this look like a fraud

What do you mean by'fraud'?
That Igbo names are more on the list only shows you how sound the Igbos are educationally. Tell your people to read & study harder. We are gradually moving away from your retrogressive quota system where a brilliant southern child who scored 260/300 will be denied admission while a student from the north who scored 60/300 is giving admission. To me that's the real 'fraud'. Think.

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by ArewaWarrior: 10:39pm On Apr 24, 2015
omonnakoda:

You are operating on a pretense that is both backdated and simply non existent regarding your image of Education in Nigeria. The south after the coming of the white man embraced both his education and way of life (that is why your women have lost all modesty in dressing). The North was too advanced back then having complex empires that backdate to when your ancestors were running round stark naked, the trans saharan trade route has been around for over a 1000 yrs, so ur inferiority back then gave you the advantage that you have this day.

What is with this south that you speak of? Do we not mingle in both the private and public sector? I will never accept a southerner in this day and age as a Northerners superior except in drug dealing, 419, Internet fraud, kidnapping et al. Things that make me ashamed of carrying the Nigerian passport.

Do not take the population that I talk of in the wrong context, it is just to stress the abundance of skilled, semi skilled and unskilled inhabitants.

There is a reason why the North has more than 75% of the nation's landmass, back then the south was no challenge and the only reason we didn't stop at the coast engulfing all of Nigeria with conquest was because the terrain made mobility very unfriendly.

So ur not sleeping? Well neither are we.

Lastly sir if you've forgotten.... were back in power!

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 11:27pm On Apr 24, 2015
ArewaWarrior:

You are operating on a pretense that is both backdated and simply non existent regarding your image of Education in Nigeria. The south after the coming of the white man embraced both his education and way of life (that is why your women have lost all modesty in dressing). The North was too advanced back then having complex empires that backdate to when your ancestors were running round stark naked, the trans saharan trade route has been around for over a 1000 yrs, so ur inferiority back then gave you the advantage that you have this day.

What is with this south that you speak of? Do we not mingle in both the private and public sector? I will never accept a southerner in this day and age as a Northerners superior except in drug dealing, 419, Internet fraud, kidnapping et al. Things that make me ashamed of carrying the Nigerian passport.

Do not take the population that I talk of in the wrong context, it is just to stress the abundance of skilled, semi skilled and unskilled inhabitants.

There is a reason why the North has more than 75% of the nation's landmass, back then the south was no challenge and the only reason we didn't stop at the coast engulfing all of Nigeria with conquest was because the terrain made mobility very unfriendly.

So ur not sleeping? Well neither are we.

Lastly sir if you've forgotten.... were back in power!
I seem to have hit a nerve which explains your need to lash out spitefully. I talk only about education as it is today .The facts are not a secret to anyone. Before Nigeria there was no North South politically and so many of your premises are flawed. I do not state what I say out of hatred for you.We are in the same country and I tell you what I do out of love ,truly. Today in 2015 as far as education is concerned Your region is backward.Emotional tirades will not distort that.
The issue of women ,dressing and morality is a strange and bemusing addition to the discussion
No one is asking you to accept anyone as superior just face the data that has been overflogged as far as education is concerned.
You talk of complex empires people running around naked and all that and in the same breath want to dispel conceptions of the north as backdated. Okay LET US TALK ABOUT THE PRESENT AND FUTURE. IT is funny . I am Yoruba proudly so. We are complete . We do not look across the ocean for validation. Your idea of civilization coming to you on camel's back across the Sahara is quite revealing
We Yoruba have a proud history that does not need external validation. Do not hide under NORTH be specific please
So you are in Power lol. Well you have been in power for most of our history much good it has done you .It only holds our development back,
You can boast all you like but you contribute NOTHING to Nigeria you only take Whether your ancestors sent spaceships to the moon is of no relevance in 2015.Why are you afraid of separating from Nigeria since you have it all.Today you are not sending rockets to the moon but women to blow themselves up in markets is that something to make anyone proud of the Nigerian passport?
I would very gladly school you about all the rubbish you wrotewith regard to history but let us focus on Education.The north is a liability and a parasite and to change that you need to educate your folk.

4 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by ArewaWarrior: 1:15am On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
I seem to have hit a nerve which explains your need to lash out spitefully. I talk only about education as it is today .The facts are not a secret to anyone. Before Nigeria there was no North South politically and so many of your premises are flawed. I do not state what I say out of hatred for you.We are in the same country and I tell you what I do out of love ,truly. Today in 2015 as far as education is concerned Your region is backward.Emotional tirades will not distort that.
The issue of women ,dressing and morality is a strange and bemusing addition to the discussion
No one is asking you to accept anyone as superior just face the data that has been overflogged as far as education is concerned.
You talk of complex empires people running around naked and all that and in the same breath want to dispel conceptions of the north as backdated. Okay LET US TALK ABOUT THE PRESENT AND FUTURE. IT is funny . I am Yoruba proudly so. We are complete . We do not look across the ocean for validation. Your idea of civilization coming to you on camel's back across the Sahara is quite revealing
We Yoruba have a proud history that does not need external validation. Do not hide under NORTH be specific please
So you are in Power lol. Well you have been in power for most of our history much good it has done you .It only holds our development back,
You can boast all you like but you contribute NOTHING to Nigeria you only take Whether your ancestors sent spaceships to the moon is of no relevance in 2015.Why are you afraid of separating from Nigeria since you have it all.Today you are not sending rockets to the moon but women to blow themselves up in markets is that something to make anyone proud of the Nigerian passport?
I would very gladly school you about all the rubbish you wrotewith regard to history but let us focus on Education.The north is a liability and a parasite and to change that you need to educate your folk.

Watch what you write as you are loosing focus and simply all over the place. if Hausa-Fulani have held your country back as you claim, please go on and claim that all past, present and future southwest governors, senators, members house of reps, local govt chairmen are all hausa fulani, yes, we have mismanaged all federal allocation to the southwest from inception to date.

The truth is besides the education advantage the southwest is no America or Europe, Ibadan has the crown as the dirtiest city in West Africa, that's a lot to be proud of.

So of all your shenanigans besides Lagos which is Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa territory, no southwest state can support itself without the help of the federal government, your education has always been useless in terms of wealth creation that can impact on reasonable economic growth.

Your assertion that the Yoruba don't look across the ocean for validation is laughable and stinks of hypocrisy. Did the Yoruba make western education? Answer is that affirmatively western education made the Yoruba, ironically that is the root of your amusing arrogance which you passively downplay.

Poverty, parasites, backwardness bla bla bla in the North, calm down... the southwest isn't really that great.

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 6:43am On Apr 25, 2015
ArewaWarrior:

Watch what you write as you are loosing focus and simply all over the place. if Hausa-Fulani have held your country back as you claim, please go on and claim that all past, present and future southwest governors, senators, members house of reps, local govt chairmen are all hausa fulani, yes, we have mismanaged all federal allocation to the southwest from inception to date.

The truth is besides the education advantage the southwest is no America or Europe, Ibadan has the crown as the dirtiest city in West Africa, that's a lot to be proud of.

So of all your shenanigans besides Lagos which is Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa territory, no southwest state can support itself without the help of the federal government, your education has always been useless in terms of wealth creation that can impact on reasonable economic growth.

Your assertion that the Yoruba don't look across the ocean for validation is laughable and stinks of hypocrisy. Did the Yoruba make western education? Answer is that affirmatively western education made the Yoruba, ironically that is the root of your amusing arrogance which you passively downplay.

Poverty, parasites, backwardness bla bla bla in the North, calm down... the southwest isn't really that great.

I think it is clear who is loosing losing focus. This is a current affairs topic. Education . Not the dressing of women or who was sending men to planet Mars in the 8th Century but what is happening now. The PRESSID programme has run for several years. There are threads on Nairaland going back at least to 2012. Do not come here and tell us that the North was schemed out.That is just an insult to our intelligence. You are the one that started talking about you arrested conquest of Nigeria and who is in power now. I am interested in a strategy that bridges the educational gap not out of altruistic instinct but so your region is no longer a liability and a security threat to our development. Rather than be honest with your self you talk about how you meet Southerners and are not impressed. I do not need to meet you to tell you from what I have read so far if you and I sat any aptitude test you will be at LEAST two Standard Deviations behind. That is not an idle boast. There is no tradition of academic competitition in the North,all you have to do is just turn up whilst we are used to making the extra effort only to discover that one of you folk got the scholarship,got the job got whatever on the basis of "federal character" .Can we continue like that in harmony and friendship. Why don't you learn from what the Ibos did last year whenthe SW dominated the PRESSID.In fact not just last year but since it started. This year I gather there was a computer database of questions so it was not so much an aptitude but a cramming test. You cram a few thousand questions andwho crammed best prevailed!
Personally I do not like that approach but it is still objective the real danger is when hundreds all score 100%
Instead you come here to tell us how the GREEKS gave the world Geometry whilst the Germanic people were in caves. Well what is happening today? You are the one losing focus. Stop restricting the education of women and stop marrying them off as children.IF you do not educate your women you will forever remain backward
We are used to not getting anything from government whereas you folk go around with a sense on ENTITLEMENT through quotas. What next will you be asking for quotas in the Super Eagles? Go and do some research. This is not a new programme.It was very well publicized with several threads with dozens on contemporaneous pages around the time of application and testing.Then when you FAIL as usual you start shout TRANSPARENCY. Why are you so afraid of competition

2 Likes

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by cutemorgan(m): 9:08am On Apr 25, 2015
I must admit that I'm kinda stunned reading some comments here.. Tribes who didn't dominate the list dey talk say na foul play sad and the one wey plenty for there dey form champion grin.. Just because someone made the list doesn't make he/she better than the rest and just because someone didn't doesn't mean he/she be wash!!! It could have been anybody on that list..I be yoruba but does it really matter if it is yoruba, igbo or hausa names on that list ni?? I sat for the pressid too and i didn't make the list. Alhamdulillah, I'm still proud of myself as ever cheesy. Better Days Ahead by God grace smiley
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by DmilT: 11:14am On Apr 25, 2015
The northerners should pls go and study harder and stop talking about marginalization. When u don't get up to the cut off point and ur from north, so they should just exclude the Igbo's who made better grades and give it to u ppl abi?
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by nisai: 2:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
I would very gladly school you about all the rubbish you wrotewith regard to history but let us focus on Education.The north is a liability and a parasite and to change that you need to educate your

You nailed it. omo oko niyin sir.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by Marineremmanson(m): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2015
omonnakoda:
Presidential Scholarship (PRESSID) 2015/16 List of Successful Candidates Published
Apr 18, 2015
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List of successful applicants for Pressid scholarship is out. The Implementation Committee of the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID) is pleased to announce the names of the successful candidates for the award of scholarships for the 2015/2016 academic session as follows:

S/No NAME
1. ABDULHAFIZ, ONIMISI USMAN
2. ABDULHAKEEM, ONIMISI MOMOH
3. ABDULJELIL, IYANIWURA ADIO ADEBOLA
4. ABDULRAHMAN, OLAOBAJU
5. ABIODUN, ADESOLA ADETUNJI
6. ADUNOLA, CHRISTIANA FASHOGBON
7. ALOYSIUS, KENECHUKWU EZEILO
8. ATINUKE, OMOTANWA OLALEYE
9. AUSTIN, AKACHUKWU NWOKEDIUKO
10. AYODEJI, AVIS ADENIRAN
11. AYOMIDE, AYEYEMI AKINTAYO
12. BABAJIDE, OLAOLU AKINTUNDE
13. BABAJIDE, YUSUF ONANUGA
14. BAYONLE, AISHAT DAUDA
15. BEST, EDEKI
16. CHARLES, OBIOHA OSUAFOR
17. CHIAMAKA, PEACE UZOEWULU
18. CHIDOZIE, DONALD OJOBOR
19. CHIKA, VICTOR EZE
20. CHIMA, DONATUS UJOATUONU
21. CHIMA, STANLEY EKE
22. CHINEDU, AZUBUIKE AJOKU
23. CHINEDU, JOSEPH NWOKEDIUKO
24. CHISOM, IHUAKU AKAKURU
25. CHISOM, SYLVIA ANYAEZU
26. CHUKWUMA, DAVID IZUOGU
27. DANIEL, OBIORA UDENZE
28. DANIEL, OSETARE IKHALO
29. EBERE, SUNNY CHUKWUBA
30. EMEKA, NDULUE
31. EMMANUEL, OKEOGHENE EFEONAH
32. EMMANUEL, OLUWATOBI OLUGBADE
33. FLORA, TOBI OYINE OKETA
34. GABRIEL, UGOCHUKWU EGBO
35. GIDEON, IDUMAH
36. GIDEON, UCHEHARA
37. HILLARY, ONYEBUCHI ONYISHI
38. HYACINTH, CHIJIOKE ALI
39. IFEANYI, KIZITO MADU
40. IFEOMA, UCHENNA ONUGHA
41. IKENNA, CHRISTOPHER OKWARA
42. ISAIAH, OLABISI ADELABU
43. ISIJOKELU, GIFT IJEH
44. ISRAEL, MAYOMI THOMAS
45. ISRAEL, OLABISI KOIKU
46. IZUNNA, ODINAKA UMEZINNE
47. JIDEOFOR, AMBROSE HENRY ODOEZE
48. JOSEPH, OLUWABUSAYO ADETOYINBO
49. JOSHUA, ADELEKE FOLORUNSO
50. JUDE, IKAZEGBE INWUMOH
51. KINGSLEY, ONYEKACHI EGBO
52. MARTIN, CHINWEOKWU EZE
53. MARTINS, OSHIORIAMHE AINERUA
54. MARYLEEN, ULUAKU NDUBUAKU
55. MORGAN, MANUCHIM WOPARA
56. MOSES, ENWUBIKO UFFOR
57. NNAEMEKA, WALTER CHIME
58. OBIAJULU, COLLINS CHUKWUMA
59. OGADIMMA, DESMOND OKAGU
60. OGECHUKWU, VINCENTIA EZEH
61. OGHENETEGA, JOSHUA ODJEGBA
62. OGHENEYOMA, OGAGAOGHENE ADJEKPIYEDE
63. OGOCHUKWU, KINGSLEY IJEOMAH
64. OKWUNNA, MARYJANE UMEGO
65. OLADAYO, AKINOLA SIYANBOLA
66. OLAKUNLE, SUNDAY ABAWONSE
67. OLALEKAN, PETER OGUNMEFUN
68. OLAMIDE, YOMI KUMAPAYI
69. OLAPEJU, OMOSOLA BADEJO
70. OLUCHUKWU, ROSELINE OBI-ALAGO
71. OLUFISAYO, TITILOPE OSOKO
72. OLUMIDE, OLUSEGUN OSOKOYA
73. OLUWADAMILOLA, AYOTUNDE AYODELE
74. OLUWADARA, ABIDEMI OGUNKOYA
75. OLUWAFEMI, PAUL FALOLA
76. OLUWATOBI, AIKOMO
77. OLUWATOBILOBA, IBUKUN OLADUNNI
78. OLUWATOSIN, MATTHEW ADESANYA
79. ONUORAH, JOSHUA NWANI
80. ONYINYE, CHRISTIANA AZUBUIKE
81. OPEYEMI, LUKUMAN FADIPE
82. OSAGIE, AIWERIOGHENE ERIBO
83. OSEZUA, OBEHI IBHADODE
84. OYEBOLA, OLUWAKEMI OYESOLA
85. OYENIKE, IKEOLUWA OYELEKE
86. PROMISE, OBERORO AKENI
87. SAMUEL, ATU JUNIOR ABOK
88. SAMUEL, CHUKWUEMEKA OLISA
89. SAMUEL, OLUWAGBEMI IYIOLA
90. SCHOLASTICA, CHINELO OLANREWAJU
91. SHERIFAT, OMOKHUWA YESUFU
92. SIKIRU, ADEMOLA ADEWALE
93. SOLOMON, MATHEW ONWUEGBU
94. SOLOMON, OLASUNKANMI ODEYALE
95. STEPHEN, OHIMAI AGBI
96. TAOFEEQ, ALABI BADMUS
97. TEMITOPE, ANUOLUWAPO OLUGBEJE
98. TOLUWALEYI SAMUEL BABALOBI
99. TUMININU, AYOTUNDE LAWANSON
100. UCHECHUKWU, CHUKWUKA ARONU
101. UCHECHUKWU, SANDRA AGBOGWU
102. VICTOR , EMMANUEL SABO

http://scholarship.nuc.edu.ng/
Hausa and Yoruba. One naija no go work
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by ArewaWarrior: 2:48am On Apr 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
I think it is clear who is loosing losing focus. This is a current affairs topic. Education . Not the dressing of women or who was sending men to planet Mars in the 8th Century but what is happening now. The PRESSID programme has run for several years. There are threads on Nairaland going back at least to 2012. Do not come here and tell us that the North was schemed out.That is just an insult to our intelligence. You are the one that started talking about you arrested conquest of Nigeria and who is in power now. I am interested in a strategy that bridges the educational gap not out of altruistic instinct but so your region is no longer a liability and a security threat to our development. Rather than be honest with your self you talk about how you meet Southerners and are not impressed. I do not need to meet you to tell you from what I have read so far if you and I sat any aptitude test you will be at LEAST two Standard Deviations behind. That is not an idle boast. There is no tradition of academic competitition in the North,all you have to do is just turn up whilst we are used to making the extra effort only to discover that one of you folk got the scholarship,got the job got whatever on the basis of "federal character" .Can we continue like that in harmony and friendship. Why don't you learn from what the Ibos did last year whenthe SW dominated the PRESSID.In fact not just last year but since it started. This year I gather there was a computer database of questions so it was not so much an aptitude but a cramming test. You cram a few thousand questions andwho crammed best prevailed!
Personally I do not like that approach but it is still objective the real danger is when hundreds all score 100%
Instead you come here to tell us how the GREEKS gave the world Geometry whilst the Germanic people were in caves. Well what is happening today? You are the one losing focus. Stop restricting the education of women and stop marrying them off as children.IF you do not educate your women you will forever remain backward
We are used to not getting anything from government whereas you folk go around with a sense on ENTITLEMENT through quotas. What next will you be asking for quotas in the Super Eagles? Go and do some research. This is not a new programme.It was very well publicized with several threads with dozens on contemporaneous pages around the time of application and testing.Then when you FAIL as usual you start shout TRANSPARENCY. Why are you so afraid of competition

Hahaha, I've hit the bullseye. Empty threats, baseless arguments, counterproductive contradictory assertions, my Yoruba friend your sanity is debatable as u have lost it totally. I have no intention of further dialogue with a person highly infected with the stupidity virus, its contagious and I reject it.

Good riddens.
Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by darfay: 1:23pm On Apr 28, 2015
@Omonnakoda I love the way u countered is arguement, urs was rather fact based and very convincing.I think the nothern guys should STFU and face their studies it Sims even DElta state has more rep than NW and NE combined.Congrats to d Lucky ones tho

1 Like

Re: Pressid 2015/2016 List Of Successful Candidates by omonnakoda: 1:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
ArewaWarrior:

Hahaha, I've hit the bullseye. Empty threats, baseless arguments, counterproductive contradictory assertions, my Yoruba friend your sanity is debatable as u have lost it totally. I have no intention of further dialogue with a person highly infected with the stupidity virus, its contagious and I reject it.

Good riddens.

Funny is this what you have been reduced to? An incoherent vituperative wreck. You are a disappointment to the moniker "Warrior" having run out of ideas I am now "stupid" . My youngest boy can do better than that come on Mr Warrior? D not disgrace the house of Arewa. You said earlier you are a champion scholar from the North ,civilized by years of wisdom and breeding from Arabia brought to you on camel back and this is all you can say?

Data data data , my boy that is what counts,
Highest rates of illiteracy, vesico vag.inal fistula,child marriage(oh that is your religion) ,lowest rates of immunization, in short every objective measure of Humanity and civilization finds you wanting. %0 years and counting of quotas , affirmative action and every other kind of encouragement and what do we get in return? Boko Haram
You, you airy headed nitwit tht you are then have the effrontery and shamelessness to talk of comparing Northen graduates . Did you drink too many bottles of cough syrup or smoke too much of that Lizard dropping that is the favourite drug of your kids?
We are not coevals even if you were given two scholarships you cannot catch me . If you fall asleep you cannot dream it how much more in real life.
It is achievement enough that you get a degree so there is no impetus no drive to excel as you said you are "in power" so that should give you all the jobs you want deserved or not. That is like a pregnancy no matter how much she denies the stomach will speak its truth. If at independence you were 50 years behind now it is hundred and we ain't easing up any time soon
Anyway the the term "north" means nothing. I am not a southerner I am Yoruba . What are you ? If you are not a coward declare your ancestry so I can put you in yur rightful cage. None of you anywhere in that North should open your mouths when the Yorubas are talking of education

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

JAMB 2013 Cut-off For Universities 180 & Polytechnics 150 / 400 Level Benue University Student Impregantes 14-Year-Old Girl / Nairaland 2016 Jamb Tutorial Classroom [chemistry Thread]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.