Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 PM

How Good Is Ford Edge - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Good Is Ford Edge (17556 Views)

Is Ford Edge A Good Car / How Good Is Used Peugeot 407 For A Beginner... / Is Ford Escape A Good Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Good Is Ford Edge by Marpol: 1:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hi house, please how good is Ford Edge? I mean the 2007, 2008 or 2009 models. I have been hearing about the transmission being problematic. Can someone kindly shed more light on this please.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Marpol:
Hi house, please how good is Ford Edge? I mean the 2007, 2008 or 2009 models. I have been hearing about the transmission being problematic. Can someone kindly shed more light on this please.

No parts in the nigerian market.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by icemann(m): 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

No parts in the Nigerian market.

Nice answer.
You just indirectly answered other prevalent questions ("How much is the average repair cost ?" and "Where can i find a ford mechanic?"wink

From your answer i hope he know his options are shipping parts from US or Kazeem installing a "Lamborghini" engine(parts) for him
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by lonelydora: 10:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
Two of my colleagues are complaining seriously about the scarcity of the parts. They said they made a very big mistake by buying it.

But why is there no parts in Nigeria?
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by sultaan(m): 2:26am On Apr 23, 2015
What type of parts are they looking for?

If you buy on Amazon like pyke part might end up cheaper.

Any mechanic should be able to repair any car because you are going off the scan result or replacing an obviously worn part.

They probably have the same transmission as your Japanese cars made by Aisin
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Kashif(m): 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
sultaan:
What type of parts are they looking for?

If you buy on Amazon like pyke part might end up cheaper.

Any mechanic should be able to repair any car because you are going off the scan result or replacing an obviously worn part.

They probably have the same transmission as your Japanese cars made by Aisin

The Edge is fitted with a transmission developed by Ford and GM. Stay away from models prior to 2009, as they have defective transmissions - the clutch components break easily.

If their parts are scarce, I may start selling them grin

But seriously, can't they be sourced from Ford Nigeria??
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by sultaan(m): 2:28am On Apr 24, 2015
That I'd the problem with this sole distributor idea that the dealers in Nigeria crave
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by ibkonekt(m): 4:26pm On Apr 30, 2015
ford doesnt really consider nigeria as a major market.so ppl dont see the benefit of bringing in the parts

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2015
Ford edge is a very good and reliable car, both the 1st built of 2007-2009 and the 2nd built 2010-2014 of 3.5lit engine V6.

The transmission is good with high efficiency, provided that the car users do not violate the use of specified transmission fluid recommended by 'Motorcraft' manufacturer for servicing the transmission which are 2 blended types meant for 1st and 2nd built as per there different expansion characteristics due to the transmission operating temperature.

Recently there are parts in Nigeria, a lot of Ford spare parts dealers are effective in Nigeria because Ford vehicles especially edge and Explorer are numerously shipped into Nigeria and demands of customers are extremely high

Average repair is economical once the car owners abide by Ford/Motorcraft specifications.

Ford repair should not be fully based on scanning result alone, because norms and standards defer from various vehicles manufacturers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Rhino2014(m): 12:00am On Mar 23, 2016
I you advising me to buy 2009 ford edge?
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Rhino2014(m): 12:01am On Mar 23, 2016
Are you advising me to buy 2009 ford edge?
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 27, 2016
The 2007-2009 ford edge are pretty much the same,except for the fact that some petty touches were made to improve economy in the 08 and 09. 2010 model year had significant change in both engine and transmission. So if its all about the most improved version of the first generation,it should be the 2010 Ford edge.

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Bush2013: 6:49pm On Apr 03, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

No parts in the nigerian market.
Please sir, good evening. Do you still hold those view or cam we now buy this ford edge?

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by squarelead(m): 1:52pm On May 28, 2023
Hi. How about now . Can one go for the 2010 model
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:30pm On May 28, 2023
Marpol:

How has the Ford experience been sir .
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by sultaan(m): 10:23pm On May 28, 2023
7 years later, the Edge has turned out to be one of the fastest selling SUV in Lagos.
Considering the number sold then and the number on the road.

The popularity of the car on the road should indicate it is a decent SUV to buy at it price.

2 Likes

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 5:21am On May 29, 2023
sultaan:
7 years later, the Edge has turned out to be one of the fastest selling SUV in Lagos.
Considering the number sold then and the number on the road.

The popularity of the car on the road should indicate it is a decent SUV to buy at it price.

Direct, simple and comprehensive. Great work sultaan.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 5:32am On May 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

GAZZUZZ, You know better as a professional in Automobile field and also in reference to the previous narration of sultaan.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:51am On May 29, 2023
Femtopford:

GAZZUZZ, You know better as a professional in Automobile field and also in reference to the previous narration of sultaan.

My dear brother, I was asking marpol for his experience as he got one last year or so.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 2:36pm On May 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

My dear brother, I was asking marpol for his experience as he got one last year or so.

Oh ! I misconstrued, my apologies.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Marpol: 2:51pm On May 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

No major problems. It's in use everyday
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by HenryWilliams(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2023
Found On Road Dead
FORD

3 Likes

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by sultaan(m): 6:20pm On May 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

So from your professional point of view.
The standard recommendation by our techs is to advise buyers to go for Toyota, or Honda.

Knowing what you know now compared to 7 years ago, if I cannot afford the Toyota/ Honda price, will you recommend a Ford Edge
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2023
sultaan:

So from your professional point of view.
The standard recommendation by our techs is to advise buyers to go for Toyota, or Honda.

Knowing what you know now compared to 7 years ago, if I cannot afford the Toyota/ Honda price, will you recommend a Ford Edge

Never!

I don't know a happy Ford Edge owner in Lagos grin .

4 Likes

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by 9icetoo(m): 8:41pm On May 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Never!

Cumrade, open Ford workshop na. cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:46pm On May 29, 2023
9icetoo:

When parts can be picked up as easy as Toyota and Honda or Kia/Hyundai, I shall consider, in the meantime at arms length.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 6:30am On May 30, 2023
9icetoo:

Doesn't really necessary for my brother to open Ford edge workshop, since mine had already been opened from 13 years back around Ikeja.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 6:34am On May 30, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Never!

Send those unhappy Ford edge owners in Lagos to my workshop at Ikeja, they will definitely smile at the end and give testimonies.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Femtopford(m): 6:43am On May 30, 2023
Marpol:

No major problems. It's in use everyday

See this !
He got a year ago.
No major problem.
Functioning on the road everyday.
Cheap to procure.

So, what else, good to go for.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by Marpol: 7:00am On May 30, 2023
Femtopford:

See this !
He got a year ago.
No major problem.
Functioning on the road everyday.
Cheap to procure.

So, what else, good to go for.

The car is in use in Canada not Naija. Bad roads and auto mechanics are a major problem in Nigeria.
Re: How Good Is Ford Edge by ThatAppleGuy: 11:01am On May 30, 2023
Marpol:

The car is in use in Canada not Naija. Bad roads and auto mechanics are a major problem in Nigeria.

Naija roads aren’t good for any car brand. Good maintenance culture and patronizing honest and good professionals will ensure your car is in good shape.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Inspect A Used Car Before Buying / 10 Major Mistakes You're Making When Changing Your Car Oil / How Much Do You Spend On Your Car Monthly On The Average?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.