Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation (20813 Views)

My Husband Beats Me For Not Bearing Male Child, Wife Tells Court / My Husband Beats Me With Cutlass; Targeting My Eyes- Domestic Violence Victim / “my Wife Beats Me Every Day” Man Cries For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Xtracoool(m): 3:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
A 55- year-old retired civil servant, Mr Emmanuel Osuya, has asked an Igando Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his 32-year-old marriage over alleged battering by his wife. Osuya told the court on Wednesday that his wife, Abigeal Osuya, 50, had turned him into a punching bag.

He said she beat him on any slight provocation. Osuya told the court that his wife always threatened his life through battery that he was afraid she may kill him one day. “My wife wants to kill me; she beat me almost every day with dangerous weapons. On three occasions, she broke my leg, preventing me from going out for days,’’ he said.

Osuya also accused his wife of turning his children against him, thereby making them to hate him. “Abigeal succeeded in creating enmity between me and my children, she tells them false and damaging stories about me in order to hate me. “So my children only care for her by sending her money and other items every month, without extending their love to me, they always ignore me as if I do not exist,’’ Osuya said.

The petitioner described his wife as a thief. He said that she always stole his money, rendering him financially broke. “I cannot keep money at home again because my wife will steal it. “ She acted as if she is not always satisfied with the money I give her in spite of the fact that my children always send her money every month,’’ the petitioner said.

Osuya said that Abigeal always starved him of food. He appealed to the court to dissolve the marriage, saying that “I am no longer interested in the marriage, I don’t want to die now, more so that I am out of love’’. Abigeal denied all the allegations. The mother of five said that she had never beaten her husband since the day she married him.

She said that it was her husband that always beat her. “It was my husband that always beat me on any slight provocation, I have never beaten him,” she said. The respondent also said that she had never stolen her husband’s money. Abigeal said that she used to cook for her husband wherever he gave her money for food.

She asked the court not to grant her husband’s prayer. “I am still in love with him,’’ she said. The Court President, Mr Hakeem Oyekan, adjourned the case till April 30 for further hearing.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/my-wife-beats-me-on-slight-provocation-man-tells-court/
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2015

Sad! The wife needs to amend her ways, this sounds really absurd and out of place.

Modified

I knew this thread had the potential to hit the front page, i decided to "invest" and now, it has yielded dividends.
But wait a minute, there's absolutely nothing in been the first to comment.

*****strolls out and clicks the un-follow button*****

11 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by adeyiga3(m): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
Looooool strange but true wife dey beat husband and she still dey dat house

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Thomsyne(m): 3:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
lol! wetin I no go hear fr ds Naija

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Mrbigman1(m): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
D man na agidi?

Dunce
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by ijustdey: 3:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
the man should cover his head in shame for his wife to always beat him anytime their is an disagreement......

the man is now the woman in this relationship

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by passionate88: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
Poor man... Cheieya... The man dey try sha
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by chynie: 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
this man is a half man. wife ni wife ke. in my own house i dont need a court to dissolve this kind of marriage angry

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by jeeqaa7(m): 3:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
Dey dia..woman wrapper

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Ishilove: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
The woman must be very strong.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Dygeasy(m): 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ignoring the woman's counter-claims, I don't expect her to admit doing those things but by the allegations of the man about his children not caring for him and all that, he definitely ain't a saint. Wife beats him, pikin bone am, na him kill Jesus?

He sure has a bad dirty side to him and the story might not be entirely true. Are the children blind too? No neighbour, family or friends to corroborate his claims?

Absolute _bullshit!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Nobody: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
His wife must be an Ex-wrestler

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by toyoutoyou: 3:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
The story sounds like that of APC and the opposition party(PDP).I believe the wife must have been lying because she deprives great pleasure in destroying the man but the man desires a great change by putting an end to the marriage.May God deliver u from ur satanic wife just as God has delivered great Nigerians from an evil party(PDP).

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by mzrammy(f): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nawa 0o
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by omonnakoda: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Well any day you have little to do in NIgeria just take a trip to the divorce courts for some merriment
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by ekelemon: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
wow
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by LMAyedun(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
This kin dry stories don taya me jare..
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
undecided END SHALL NEVER WONDER cheesy. MUMU MAN.THEY DON WEAR G-STRING FOR HIS DESTINY

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by woky: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Too bad

But my wife can't beat me oo
Even under serious malaria cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
grin grin

And they will say Feminism doesn't exist in Nigeria

It's a woman's world. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by elantraceey(f): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
The man needs both medical and spiritual attention .

Your wife beats you and you have the mouth to say it undecided

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by Basildvalour(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
And he will say he is a man

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by ironbody03(m): 3:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wonders shall never end

A woman beating her wife

Lobatan
Re: My Wife Beats Me On Slight Provocation by ironbody03(m): 3:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
ironbody03:
Wonders shall never end

A woman beating her husband

Lobatan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Girl Set Ablaze By Nurse Dies / A Family Man Can Have This Too: / Who Is Your Next Of Kin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.