Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs (15980 Views)

How Do I Advertise On Nairaland Literature Section...? / Nairaland Literature Nomination Thread / Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
@ Ishilove

There is an issue with your thread for frontpage requests.

You said that threads with too much explicit sexxual imagery will not make frontpage and will be sectioned to the sexuality section.

How much sexxual imagery is too much in a literary work? What would criteria would you use to make sure that you and other mods would stoop to a subjective measurement "excessive sexually explicit content"?

cc senbonzakurakageyoshi, Ishilove, Standd, Laykorn, joseph1832
She kidded, bro. She never meant it.
Harzadous's story of Addiction made it, so......

But also, a great writer told me a few days ago, 'it'd be better you better your lot than aspire after trivial heights. Heights would get altered into stepping stones once you up your game,' I learnt from him, you should try to, too.

PeAcE!

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:20am On Apr 27, 2015
thronekid:

She kidded, bro. She never meant it.
Harzadous's story of Addiction made it, so......

But also, a great writer told me a few days ago, 'it'd be better you better your lot than aspire after trivial heights. Heights would get altered into stepping stones once you up your game,' I learnt from him, you should try to, too.

PeAcE!

Thanks for that and the advice.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 8:28am On Apr 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Thanks for that and the advice.
Okay.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 10:53am On Apr 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
@ Ishilove

There is an issue with your thread for frontpage requests.

You said that threads with too much explicit sexxual imagery will not make frontpage and will be sectioned to the sexuality section.

How much sexxual imagery is too much in a literary work? What would criteria would you use to make sure that you and other mods would stoop to a subjective measurement "excessive sexually explicit content"?

Bro I tell you not no bother about whatever criteria they put or device for a write up to make front page!. Sincerely, I care less!.

Just do your thing and leave the rest!.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:58am On Apr 27, 2015
joseph1832:
Bro I tell you not no bother about whatever criteria they put or device for a write up to make front page!. Sincerely, I care less!.

Just do your thing and leave the rest!.

Front page na sweet thing. But I get your gist. I think it's more important to focus on my writing
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 11:55am On Apr 27, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Front page na sweet thing. But I get your gist. I think it's more important to focus on my writing
Bro it will be sweet if money was actually filling our pockets. I still don't understand why some go into frenzy each time they make front page and the first to comment bandwagon also beats the hell outta me!.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:04pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this discussion so far. It is reassuring to see that I'm not alone in my view that the literature section needs a revamp and I'm thankful for all suggestions and observations that have been contributed so far. The homepage recommendation thread is a really good idea, IMO - at least from recommendations, we can tell whose work has been worth reading and some of us who might not have seen such works would get to discover them.

A step in the right direction.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 6:28am On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

"The story has to have at least three long updates or six short updates before it can be considered for the home page.
Please Note:
These criteria applies to all genres..."

Ishilove, kindly explain the bolded. Because some of us may have just one long update or 2 short updates, how should this in any way determine what gets to FP or not?
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by whitemosquito(f): 9:11am On Apr 28, 2015
senbonzakurakageyoshi:
Thanks to everyone who has weighed in on this discussion so far. It is reassuring to see that I'm not alone in my view that the literature section needs a revamp and I'm thankful for all suggestions and observations that have been contributed so far. The homepage recommendation thread is a really good idea, IMO - at least from recommendations, we can tell whose work has been worth reading and some of us who might not have seen such works would get to discover them.

A step in the right direction.
The homepage recommendation is not a new development. I stand to be corrected, but to my knowledge, it's been around from Cuddlemii's era.

Nevertheless, it still begs the question, 'what makes a thread homepage worthy?'
If it is left to our dearly beloved but unexposed readers, chaff will be threshed with the wheat.

I feel the decision should be left for a select few; seasoned literature landers, informed writers themselves, perhaps people from the time Efemena and co talked about, peeps whose opinion the majority of Nl literatti hold in esteem....those sort of peeps.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 9:15am On Apr 28, 2015
standd:
Ishilove:

"The story has to have at least three long updates or six short updates before it can be considered for the home page.
Please Note:
These criteria applies to all genres..."

Ishilove, kindly explain the bolded. Because some of us may have just one long update or 2 short updates, how should this in any way determine what gets to FP or not?
That criteria applies to stories that will run like series. For short stories with one single post, then that criteria will not be applied.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 9:29am On Apr 28, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:
Also what do you mean by updates?

I would be grateful if you could explain. Thanks
Sorry for the late response, i get so many mentions so i sometimes miss some.

An update to a story, in the context which it is used on Nairaland means a post.

A story with sexually explicit content which will make a thread unsuitable for the homepage is a story that has graphic descriptions of the genitals, graphic descritpions of the art of lovemaking, and strong sexually explicit language.

for example: "He brought out his massive, throbbing dick and rubbed it on her dripping wet puzzy. The puzzyy was vibrating for his thrust

She moaned and screamed "Yes baby, fvck me hard, Fvckkkkkk me like a stallion!!!!!!!"

embarassed embarassed

I hope you get me?

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by D9ty7(m): 9:38am On Apr 28, 2015
whitemosquito:
The homepage recommendation is not a new development. I stand to be corrected, but to my knowledge, it's been around from Cuddlemii's era.

Nevertheless, it still begs the question, 'what makes a thread homepage worthy?'
If it is left to our dearly beloved but unexposed readers, chaff will be threshed with the wheat.

I feel the decision should be left for a select few; seasoned literature landers, informed writers themselves, perhaps people from the time Efemena and co talked about, peeps whose opinion the majority of Nl literatti hold in esteem....those sort of peeps.
I agree with this.... Readers will recommend a story for the frontpage because they are enjoying the story or because they like the writer.
I think credible and well respected writers(from the past) can be assigned the responsibility of recommending stories that they feel are frontpage worthy. Just what HumbledbyGrace suggested late last year.
And one more thing is, majority of these old writers are no longer active on this board, meaning, 90% of the readers don't know them. So, who will respect their decisions?
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

That criteria applies to stories that will run like series. For short stories with one single post, then that criteria will not be applied.

OK ma'am
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 12:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

He brought out his massive, throbbing dick and rubbed it on my dripping wet puzzy. My puzzyy was vibrating for his thrust

I moaned and screamed "Yes baby, fvck me hard, Fvckkkkkk me like a stallion!!!!!!!"

tongue tongue tongue tongue

Ishilove!!! Ishi oooo!!! Who spoil my Ishi like this? Choi!
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 12:20pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

An update to a story, in the context which it is used on Nairaland means a post.

A story with sexually explicit content which will make a thread unsuitable for the homepage is a story that has graphic descriptions of the genitals, graphic descritpions of the art of lovemaking, and strong sexually explicit language.

for example: "He brought out his massive, throbbing dick and rubbed it on her dripping wet puzzy. The puzzyy was vibrating for his thrust

She moaned and screamed "Yes baby, fvck me hard, Fvckkkkkk me like a stallion!!!!!!!"

embarassed embarassed

I hope you get me?
Oh! God gracious! It was vibrating for his thrust? Does that really happen? Vibrating for a thrust? shocked

And, like a stallion! Now this is my most hilarious simile of the month! grin I just can't stop laughing hard!

2 Likes

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 12:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
LarrySun:
Oh! God gracious! It was vibrating for his thrust? Does that really happen? Vibrating for a thrust? shocked

And, like a stallion! Now this is my most hilarious simile of the month! grin I just can't stop laughing hard!
grin grin
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2015
kayemjay:

Hanging around you and Mazi can have that effect on anyone cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 3:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

embarassed embarassed

I hope you get me?

I understand. Thanks a lot
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 3:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
kayemjay:

No be today yash dey back!.

grin grin
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 3:59pm On Apr 28, 2015
LarrySun:

The question is, how does a stallion fucccck? And has she ever seen stallion fucccck?. lmao!.

You know sometimes I just feel like hugging Ishilove and sometimes I feel like slapping her!. Lol.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 4:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
The question is, how does a stallion fucccck? And has she ever seen stallion fucccck?. lmao!.

You know sometimes I just feel like hugging Ishilove and sometimes I feel like slapping her!. Lol.
I feel like strangling you most times tongue
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
DanWrites...hello smiley Awayu?
If you were referring to me as a 'friend' of Ishilove in your now hidden thread, can you pls tell me why you feel some of us don't deserve FP and some of you do?
Again, what/who is stopping you from recommending threads for the FP since the thread was created? Were you banned from doing so?
Go and recommend great stories written by the great writers you prefer, no one is stopping you.

As for me and my stories, some like us, some don't. Life goes on.

Btw, I'm going back to that thread to recommend another of my story. If it is FP worthy, fine and if it is not, I will improve on my writing.

Btw, I don't want to bicker oh, but the bile running in some peoples guts can poison them. Easy, biko. No one has ever paid me for making FP.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by D9ty7(m): 4:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:
If you were referring to me as a 'friend' of Ishilove in your now hidden thread, can you pls tell me why you feel some of us don't deserve FP and some of you do?
Again, what has stopped you from recommending threads for the FP since the thread was created? Were you banned from doing so?

Btw, I'm going back to that thread to recommend another of my story. If it is FP worthy, fine and if it is not, I will improve on my writing.

Btw, I don't want to bicker oh, but the bile running in some peoples guts can poison them. Easy, biko. No one has ever paid me for making FP.
They yaff make Standd vex now.
Anyone who doesn't like the way your stories make frontpage should make friends with Ishilove too na.lol.
*Abeg, how many kegs of palmwine does Ishilove take to becomes one's friend?
DanWrites, recommend you own stories for frontpage or you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 4:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:
I feel like strangling you most times tongue
Love you too Ishi... grin
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:
Again, what/who is stopping you from recommending threads for the FP since the thread was created? Were you banned from doing so?
Go and recommend great stories written by the great writers you prefer, no one is stopping you.

As for me and my stories, some like us, some don't. Life goes on.

All the more reason why you shouldn't give a rats penis if your stories make FP or not!.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:

They yaff make Standd vex now.
Anyone who doesn't like the way your stories make frontpage should make friends with Ishilove too na.lol.
*Abeg, how many kegs of palmwine does Ishilove take to becomes one's friend?
DanWrites, recommend you own stories for frontpage or you know the rest.

I pay 5000bututs for each of my story that makes FP cheesy

I shall come and bit'ch-slap anyone that mentions or alludes to my name anyhow in malicious talk and envious rantings......I mean it angry
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by D9ty7(m): 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

I pay 5000bututs for each of my story that makes FP cheesy

I shall come and bitch-slap anyone that mentions or alludes to my name anyhow in malicious talk and envious rantings......I mean it angry

You must be very rich then..... But what's this obsession about Nairaland's homepage?
You should learn to ignore some people on this forum. They are not worth getting a reply from you.
*Ishilove, come here, I want to be your friend. lol

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
All the more reason why you shouldn't give a rats penis if your stories make FP or not!.

I really don't care but why are they beefing all over the place na. If you see my story on FP and you don't like it, then write your own and recommend it for FP...Simples! Or you can even remove it from FP too...no one will die.

Btw, I will write more short stories to be recommended for FP so please haters can swerve and remain --------->>>>>>>> swerved!
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 4:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:

You must be very rich then..... But what's this obsession about Nairaland's homepage?
You should learn to ignore some people on this forum. They are not worth getting a reply from you.
*Ishilove, come here, I want to be your friend. lol

I will ignore. Thanks.

Btw, Ishilove are you my Friend? Friendship means a lot to me (not about all this infantile cries about FP oh)...
I would really love to be your friend for real, you are admirable and intelligent and kind smiley

Be my Friend! embarassed
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by stuff46(m): 5:02pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:
*Ish.ilove, come here, I want to be your friend. lol
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 5:21pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

I really don't care but why are they beefing all over the place na. If you see my story on FP and you don't like it, then write your own and recommend it for FP...Simples! Or you can even remove it from FP too...no one will die.

Btw, I will write more short stories to be recommended for FP so please haters can swerve and remain --------->>>>>>>> swerved!
Not like I read your stories or any other story here but if truly you don't care... Then you should and will ignore them.

Seeing that you do neither of this, I'll say you care that much!. But its okay if you do dear, it doesn't make you a lesser human being! In fact it makes you human.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Not like I read your stories or any other story here but if truly you don't care... Then you should and will ignore them.

Seeing that you do neither of this, I'll say you care that much!. But its okay if you do dear, it doesn't make you a lesser human being! In fact it makes you human.

It is you na! I understand.
Btw, no one asked you whether you read any stories. That info is not necessary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Story: Fast Lane / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. / What Should This Be Called?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.