Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) (2659 Views)

Nigerian Student Dies In The US As His Vehicle Plunges Into A River (Photos) / Dangote Trailer Kills People At Oji-River In Enugu - Photos / Reverend Sisters Die In Accident In Cross River (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) by sagewonders(m): 4:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
In Kogi state, there is said to be a river called the "Inachalo River" (or something of the sort. The legend is that the river is cursed and no matter how long one boils a fish caught from that river it will always remain raw. It is also said that any injury which a person receives from the bones of the fishes from the river will er heal.

Re: Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) by Nobody: 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
U dey the scene yet u no catch any fish to try experiment if na true or myth.
Re: Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
story for the gods, abeg bring the fish by the time I roast that fish ifa hear e go still raw
Re: Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) by jerflakes(m): 4:23am On Apr 23, 2015
[size=18pt]NA LIE!!![/size]
Re: Inachalo: The Uncooked Fish River (photo) by Yawaslim: 10:17am On Jan 26, 2017
I have actually ived in that community and the fishes are not the usual tilapia, igagu(local fish), or cat fishes like the normal fresh water fishes in the nearby rivers such as River Niger or Ubi Ega. They look terrible and I have never seen anyone catch them anyway. Perhaps it is just a myth but there may be a reason why they are deformed. There is a legend that humans changed into the fishes during a war long ago i think. I dont believe in superstition but I would want scientific research to be carried out to disprove the nonsense once and for all.

(1) (Reply)

Movie Locations, Disney Backgrounds You Can Actually Visit Around The World. / How To Recover Dv Lottery Confirmation Code / Midnight Raid: 52 Nigerians Raided In Malaysia, Now Awaiting Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.