Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,365 members, 7,800,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (795830 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 2:13am On Nov 04, 2017
A

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 4:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Shola1064:
Hello Everyone, been a while!

I felt this information will be vital for those planning to apply.

Got the info from a reliable source that cic gives open work permit for 5yrs if your passport duration is up to 5yrs, but could not share the info here cos I was not sure, until I applied for my open work permit renewal 3wks ago, and my application was approved this morning with 5yrs validity, expires same day as my Int'l passport.

If you are yet to apply, kindly renew your passport before applying, so the validity can be to the end of your passport, and the advantage is when your spouse finishes his/her studies, and apply for post graduate work permit (post graduate work permit will be given to her, and visitor's visa inside Canada will be given to you) you can still be working with your permit, until he or she get a job in NOC 0,A or B, and you can apply for a new open work permit, if you guys have not gotten PR already.

Also, for those already approved, and are in Canada or about coming, on your correspondence letter, cic said you should get a private health insurance, you dont have to buy a private health insurance, as you can get a health card if you are in Ontario or will be coming to Ontario from Service Ontario by getting a letter from your employer with the details below; and take the letter to Service Ontario,
-that the employee is working full time
-the Title/Occupation of the position
-that the employee will be working for the company within Ontario
-the start date of the employment
-that the employer intends to employ the employee for a minimum of 6months.

I wish everyone still waiting for cic approval and those planning to apply all the best.

You guys should be patient with cic, i really understand what it takes to be apart with your spouse.

When you come here, you will see that the wait worth it (You will become a millionaire in naira few months ���).
This is great info. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2017
A million dollar piece! Thanks bro, how's Ottawa?
Shola1064:

Got the info from a reliable source that cic gives open work permit for 5yrs if your passport duration is up to 5yrs, but could not share the info here cos I was not sure, until I applied for my open work permit renewal 3wks ago, and my application was approved this morning with 5yrs validity, expires same day as my Int'l passport.

If you are yet to apply, kindly renew your passport before applying, so the validity can be to the end of your passport, and the advantage is when your spouse finishes his/her studies, and apply for post graduate work permit (post graduate work permit will be given to her, and visitor's visa inside Canada will be given to you) you can still be working with your permit, until he or she get a job in NOC 0,A or B, and you can apply for a new open work permit, if you guys have not gotten PR already.

Also, for those already approved, and are in Canada or about coming, on your correspondence letter, cic said you should get a private health insurance, you dont have to buy a private health insurance, as you can get a health card if you are in Ontario or will be coming to Ontario from Service Ontario by getting a letter from your employer with the details below; and take the letter to Service Ontario,

I wish everyone still waiting for cic approval and those planning to apply all the best.

You guys should be patient with cic, i really understand what it takes to be apart with your spouse.

When you come here, you will see that the wait worth it (You will become a millionaire in naira few months ���).

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:46pm On Nov 04, 2017
Please guys help me with the list of forms that I need to fill,spouse open work permit with two kids 5 and 3. And also my wife is pregnant in Canada ,do you guys advice that she get doctors report to support our application, because she goes through CS.
Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:51pm On Nov 04, 2017
toluberry:
Relax, have a positive mindset. I submitted my wife and son application online on may 30 waiting for decision to be made which I know it'll end in praise.

Hi Toluberry,
Please can I get the list of the forms you filled for your wife and son. And how much for your wife's application and how much for your son's application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 3:55pm On Nov 04, 2017
Please can I get a copy of the LOE that you used.

quote author=toluberry post=61743847]

Thanks all, below were the submitted docs.

Passionate LOE,
My work permit
Two CanadaBank statement totaling 33k cad
Provincial nomination certificate
PR application AOR
Tax return notice of assessment
Employment letter
Pay slips

For my wife,
Her resume (currently unemployed )
Her degree evaluation cert
Marriage certificate with pics of 8 years history
Proof of change of name
Son's birth certificate

Plentyyyyyy Prayersssss.

My wife submitted their passports today and was surprised vfs charged her 10,250 . They said is service/postal charge for my son since he didn't pay for biometric. [/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jimmychuks2018: 1:05pm On Nov 05, 2017
Please can someone reply me ,this is very urgent.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2017
Check Shola1064 posts, he posted a sample some months back
Jimmychuks2018:
Please can someone reply me ,this is very urgent.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by toluberry: 12:41am On Nov 08, 2017
Jimmychuks2018:

Hi Toluberry,
Please can I get the list of the forms you filled for your wife and son. And how much for your wife's application and how much for your son's application.

I did online application, cant remember the forms. After filling the generic questionnaire, the required forms will be loaded.
For wife i paid 100+85+150 (open work permit holder, biometric, work permit fee app)
For son i paid 100cad
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDreamz: 7:28pm On Nov 10, 2017
Good evening house,
@iamosamede55 @arrjay @Zikamy1 any news please? I also applied online (June 6) and nothing yet.

For everyone expecting, God will certainly perfect our applications.Let us keep our faiths alive and strong in Him. We shall all hear a new sound (of PPR) and leap for joy�

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 1:41am On Nov 11, 2017
MrsDreamz:
Good evening house,
@iamosamede55 @arrjay @Zikamy1 any news please? I also applied online (June 6) and nothing yet.

For everyone expecting, God will certainly perfect our applications.Let us keep our faiths alive and strong in Him. We shall all hear a new sound (of PPR) and leap for joy�
Still waiting 4 dem o.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDreamz: 9:28am On Nov 11, 2017
iamosamede55:

Still waiting 4 dem o.

The wait shall not be in vain by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2017
What is your eligibility review saying sir?
iamosamede55:

Still waiting 4 dem o.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 4:29pm On Nov 11, 2017
Markab:
What is your eligibility review saying sir?
We are processing your application and reviewing your eligibility. We will contact you if this changes
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDreamz: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2017
iamosamede55:

We are processing your application and reviewing your eligibility. We will contact you if this changes

Please, did your eligibility review just change in recent time or you've had this for a while?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 5:41pm On Nov 11, 2017
Did you notice when it changed from we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility to we are reviewing your eligibility

Mine changed just yesterday.
iamosamede55:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 5:43pm On Nov 11, 2017
And you? Mine was just yesterday
MrsDreamz:

Please, did your eligibility review just change in recent time or you've had this for a while?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MrsDreamz: 7:32pm On Nov 11, 2017
Markab:
And you? Mine was just yesterday

I am not sure if mine has changed yet because I used an agent and she's the one that checks my account. Will confirm from her though. I got to know about this forum after applying, if not, I would have graciously done the whole application myself.
Anyway, God will favor our applications.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 7:53pm On Nov 11, 2017
All the best ma'am
MrsDreamz:

I am not sure if mine has changed yet because I used an agent and she's the one that checks my account. Will confirm from her though. I got to know about this forum after applying, if not, I would have graciously done the whole application myself.
Anyway, God will favor our applications.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 10:42pm On Nov 11, 2017
Markab:
Did you notice when it changed from we will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility to we are reviewing your eligibility

Mine changed just yesterday.
I honestly did take note of tbe details.. Of 'we are ' or"'we will". Once i see reviewing i just log out
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 12:01am On Nov 12, 2017
Lol... All the best bro
iamosamede55:

I honestly did take note of tbe details.. Of we are ' or we will. Once i see reviewm i just log out
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 7:22pm On Nov 13, 2017
MrsDreamz:
Good evening house,

Amen oh!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 11:14pm On Nov 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

Its been quite some time here. Please I have a question about GCMS. What does File number mean? Anybody who knows should just please let me know.

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 1:41am On Nov 17, 2017
Rijo02:
Hi Guys,

Its been quite some time here. Please I have a question about GCMS. What does File number mean? Anybody who knows should just please let me know.

Thanks
Check for the UCI number..it somewhere on your apppication
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 1:53am On Nov 17, 2017
iamosamede55:

Check for the UCI number..it somewhere on your apppication

Thanks for your reply.....However, there is no UCI number as the application was paper based.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:58pm On Nov 17, 2017
Congrats Toluberry!!!
toluberry:
Hello House,
My wife and son's application was approved this morning. Should they submit their passport to vfs directly or courier to ghana? As my wife is in akurr.

Timeline
May30 online application submitted
Biometric 1st week in June not sure of the exact date
Sept 25 medical passed and my son's birth certificate requested
Oct 23 passport request

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:05pm On Nov 17, 2017
Great info bro, at what point are you supposed to apply for the renewal? Like how many months to expiry? Thank you so much for sharing...
Shola1064:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:08pm On Nov 17, 2017
To all those still waiting please do not give up. It is so worth it at the end of the day, for those who haven't applied yet please read up from the very beginning the information here helps a lot. I am sorry I had to take a break but let's keep the thread alive especially for those coming behind just the way our seniors did for us.

It will all end in praise... Amen.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Shola1064: 4:46am On Nov 18, 2017
VEIL1234:
Great info bro, at what point are you supposed to apply for the renewal? Like how many months to expiry? Thank you so much for sharing...
Atleast a month before expiration. Its written at the back of the work permit.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2017
Thanks Shola. its been a while
Shola1064:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 12:26am On Nov 24, 2017
Hello Everyone, please for God sake I need help and advice on how to go about my application. I'm new on this thread and my situation is complicated.

I got married 2015 but before d marriage my husband and I applied for student visa which mine was granted and he was denied, he allowed me to travel a week after our wedding because lectures have started. We then decided again that he should reapply again in 2016 for student visa but he was denied again.

So, I came back to Nigeria September 2016 after my one year PGD program to be with my husband because there was already so much pressure from families that how can my husband allow me to travel a week after the wedding without me being pregnant. But before coming in September 2016 have already extended my study permit with the hope that I will conceive and return back in January 2017 to start my second program. Everything did not go as planned, I'm yet to conceive till this very moment and my vise expire December 2017.

In January 2017 we both applied for US visa for vacatuon but we were both denied and since then have suffered depression mainly because I couldn't conceive and family pressure.

Now, PLEASE kindly advise me on what to do. I don't want this opportunity to fade away.
1. Should I go back to Canada to extend my study permit despite d fact I did not use the visa on it and it will expire December 2017, and apply for SOWP for my husband?

OR

2. Should I apply for post graduate work permit and SWOP for my husband now?

Pls help me with advise.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.