Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,803 members, 7,802,566 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (796561 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 5:42am On Nov 24, 2017
SeunAdedigba:
Hello Everyone, please for God sake I need help and advice on how to go about my application. I'm new on this thread and my situation is complicated.

I got married 2015 but before d marriage my husband and I applied for student visa which mine was granted and he was denied, he allowed me to travel a week after our wedding because lectures have started. We then decided again that he should reapply again in 2016 for student visa but he was denied again.

So, I came back to Nigeria September 2016 after my one year PGD program to be with my husband because there was already so much pressure from families that how can my husband allow me to travel a week after the wedding without me being pregnant. But before coming in September 2016 have already extended my study permit with the hope that I will conceive and return back in January 2017 to start my second program. Everything did not go as planned, I'm yet to conceive till this very moment and my vise expire December 2017.

In January 2017 we both applied for US visa for vacatuon but we were both denied and since then have suffered depression mainly because I couldn't conceive and family pressure.

Now, PLEASE kindly advise me on what to do. I don't want this opportunity to fade away.
1. Should I go back to Canada to extend my study permit despite d fact I did not use the visa on it and it will expire December 2017, and apply for SOWP for my husband?

OR

2. Should I apply for post graduate work permit and SWOP for my husband now?

Pls help me with advise.

Well having read what you said., I'm very sorry about the pregnancy situation, just be patient and give it time. You and your husband should come to an agreement on what you want. If the ultimate goal is to come to Canada, den u need to sacrifice and be patient with the system. As for your questions, if funding is not a problem, get registered in a program and pay tuition then extend your study permit. While extending your study permit, give all relevant info that u r nw married . Because to get post graduate work permit you do need to apply within 60 days of receiving your degree, don't shoot yourself in the foot by getting denied for pgwp. Your husband just has to b patient, if it doesn't get approved you can try again. Key thing for you to do is get a permanent status in Canada and eventually it will be fine

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 9:32am On Nov 24, 2017
I just want to apply for SOWP, Can you pls help me with the necessary docs ? I have no idea pls... Should I submit Online or Paper, I need urgent response.

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Samchi2014:
I just want to apply for SOWP, Can you pls help me with the necessary docs ? I have no idea pls... Should I submit Online or Paper, I need urgent response.
Kindly take your time to reas thru the thread and get the necessary info. There is no rule of thumb, and sowp is nothing something you will approach with a rush.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 3:23pm On Nov 24, 2017
Samchi2014:
Kindly take your time to reas thru the thread and get the necessary info. There is no rule of thumb, and sowp is nothing something you will approach in a rush
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 6:54pm On Nov 24, 2017
Apply for your PGWP and include your husband. You must definitely get it since you schooled in Canada. Submit the requested documents online and you should be fine
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2017
ChrisBanksO:
Apply for your PGWP and include your husband. You must definitely get it since you schooled in Canada. Submit the requested documents online and you should be fine

Who are you referring to?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ChrisBanksO: 4:36pm On Dec 05, 2017
SeunAdedigba

Who are you referring to?[/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honeymuh: 7:19pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello House,

Does anyone that applied for SWOP in June or July got an update or response from CIC?

I submitted my wife's application in July, biometric on 17th , no update yet. In addition, application processing week is now 18 weeks.

Please, your reply might calm my nerves.

Thanks!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 7:35pm On Dec 05, 2017
Hello!

I would suggest you also look for opportunities to apply for PR. Either you or your husband can apply. I got married in Feb and I left home two weeks after the wedding. So I understand what you mean by family pressure.
I tried to send you a PM but I did not get any response. If you need help in assessing your PR qualification you can send me a PM.
Best wishes!

SeunAdedigba:
Hello Everyone, please for God sake I need help and advice on how to go about my application. I'm new on this thread and my situation is complicated.

I got married 2015 but before d marriage my husband and I applied for student visa which mine was granted and he was denied, he allowed me to travel a week after our wedding because lectures have started. We then decided again that he should reapply again in 2016 for student visa but he was denied again.

So, I came back to Nigeria September 2016 after my one year PGD program to be with my husband because there was already so much pressure from families that how can my husband allow me to travel a week after the wedding without me being pregnant. But before coming in September 2016 have already extended my study permit with the hope that I will conceive and return back in January 2017 to start my second program. Everything did not go as planned, I'm yet to conceive till this very moment and my vise expire December 2017.

In January 2017 we both applied for US visa for vacatuon but we were both denied and since then have suffered depression mainly because I couldn't conceive and family pressure.

Now, PLEASE kindly advise me on what to do. I don't want this opportunity to fade away.
1. Should I go back to Canada to extend my study permit despite d fact I did not use the visa on it and it will expire December 2017, and apply for SOWP for my husband?

OR

Pls help me with advise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2017
honeymuh:
Hello House,

Does anyone that applied for SWOP in June or July got an update or response from CIC?

I submitted my wife's application in July, biometric on 17th , no update yet. In addition, application processing week is now 18 weeks.

Thanks!!!

Hello! I applied June 14, did biometrics June 16. No update yet. 25weeks and counting. *being hopeful*

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honeymuh: 11:25pm On Dec 05, 2017
arrJay:

Hello! I applied June 14, did biometrics June 16. No update yet. 25weeks and counting. *being hopeful*

@arrJay Thank you. Hope is all we need!!!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nifeicon: 1:32am On Dec 06, 2017
Hello Everyone,
Compliments of the season.

A Sister needs your help here.
After 2 PGD programmes, my spouse and children have tried visiting during my programmes but was denied.
I am tired of living without my family.

I have a 3yrs work permit running but my visa has expired. I want to renew my visa and if possible apply for them.
Please what do I apply for ?
1. Work permit for spouse +visiting my son.+ Visiting for myself.
2. Visiting for all.
3.visiting for self and my son and later work permit for spouse.
4, PR straight for myself or for all .

Kindly advise

Thanks for your prompt response and God bless you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2017
honeymuh:
Hello House,

Thanks!!!

I applied on 14th of June, biometric on 19th, no update yet.
cry cry

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by honeymuh: 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2017
Realme4u:

I applied on 14th of June, biometric on 19th, no update yet.
cry cry

The good news is coming soon by His Grace!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 11:42pm On Dec 06, 2017
honeymuh:

Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2017
honeymuh:

Amen!! We are expecting our own miracles soonest..

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aycoool: 8:02am On Dec 12, 2017
Good Day All,

Please i am trying to apply for an open work permit for my family, Please when adding the children what option should i choose for their reason for coming? Do i choosee "VISITING" or "STUDYING" for the children.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tuzinde(m): 4:10am On Dec 13, 2017
aycoool:
Good Day All,

Please i am trying to apply for an open work permit for my family, Please when adding the children what option should i choose for their reason for coming? Do i choosee "VISITING" or "STUDYING" for the children.

visiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:11am On Dec 13, 2017
Great people. Please I need help oooo. I helped my wife to fill her open work permit form and after her names I also fill that she has use a last name before and I wrote it there. Now trying to link her app but saying No record. Please I need oooo. I can track my baby's own but can't track her own. What do I do please.
Cc @Markab and all Gurus
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2017
She was given a biometric slip at vfs, full up the name boxes as written on the slip. You should be good.
wealth360:
Great people. Please I need help oooo. I helped my wife to fill her open work permit form and after her names I also fill that she has use a last name before and I wrote it there. Now trying to link her app but saying No record. Please I need oooo. I can track my baby's own but can't track her own. What do I do please.
Cc @Markab and all Gurus
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:33pm On Dec 13, 2017
Markab:
She was given a biometric slip at vfs, full up the name boxes as written on the slip. You should be good.
Baba I have been trying to track it too in vfs site its not showing any record.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sevenody: 7:49pm On Dec 18, 2017
aycoool:
Good Day All,

When I applied for my spouse and daughter, it was opw for spouse and study permit for daughter. Reason for coming was schooling. And they were approved.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sevenody: 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2017
Markab:

I had the same experience. I was never able to link my husband's application but my daughter's was successfully linked. After many trials and even mails to them, i left it that way knowing that anytime I get any response online for daughter, his own will also be updated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sevenody: 7:54pm On Dec 18, 2017
wealth360:
Cc @Markab and all Gurus

I had the same experience. I was never able to link my husband's application but my daughter's was successfully linked. After many trials and even mails to them, i left it that way knowing that anytime I get any response online for daughter, his own will also be updated.

Sorry my earlier response for for this post
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sevenody: 8:01pm On Dec 18, 2017
SeunAdedigba:

OR

Pls help me with advise.

I don't think that option 2 still exists because one is supposed to apply for PGWP within 3 months of completion of your program. And they count the 3 Months from the date in which your sch dates your credentials. Because you send your transcripts along with the application for PGWP.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dodoyemi: 7:10am On Dec 19, 2017
Hi guys

Earlier in the thread I informed the house that my wife's application was refused citing authenticity of the marriage- no pictures etc which was due to VFS not accepting pictures with paper applications. I requested the GCMS notes and the first VO stated that the applicant qualifies for work permit. The last officer to check access the application refused citing the reason above. With the information from the GCMS notes i decided to reapply attaching as much pictures(someone suggested printing the pictures in an A4 paper) On the day of submission, the vfs officer refused to accept the pictures again until my wife caused a scene showing them a copy of the gcms notes where it clearly stated that the previous application was refused due to lack of evidence of the marriage. Eventually, they made her sign a waiver and accepted the pictures from her. To my utter dismay, exactly one month, the application was refused and this time the VO stated that she needed to show strong finances showing she will be able to take care of herself in Canada. Quite shocking. So i reapplied again, this time online and clearly stating and copying where the CIC website that states that for an open work permit, the spouse should present a valid work permit , with validity for at least 6 months- current letter of employment stating responsibilities and the job must be in Noc A O C and 3 recent pay slips. I carefully explained in my letter of explanation that i will be responsible for her upkeep and have attached my bank statement.

List of documents

my work permit
letter of employment stating how much i earn and my duties and NOC
3 recent pay slips
rental lease agreement
bank statement
wedding and throwback pictures
her passport data page
my passport and valid visa page
police clearance cert
Notice of tax assessment for 2016
wife's travel history south african visa page

Applied online NOv 24, got an update yesterday requesting for passport and on mycic it shows application approved. Note medicals havent been done which is quite a surprise but anyways thats the good news.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Zvurg: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2017
dodoyemi:
Hi guys

Earlier in the thread I informed the house that my wife's application was refused citing authenticity of the marriage- no pictures etc which was due to VFS not accepting pictures with paper applications. I requested the GCMS notes and the first VO stated that the applicant qualifies for work permit. The last officer to check access the application refused citing the reason above. With the information from the GCMS notes i decided to reapply attaching as much pictures(someone suggested printing the pictures in an A4 paper) On the day of submission, the vfs officer refused to accept the pictures again until my wife caused a scene showing them a copy of the gcms notes where it clearly stated that the previous application was refused due to lack of evidence of the marriage. Eventually, they made her sign a waiver and accepted the pictures from her. To my utter dismay, exactly one month, the application was refused and this time the VO stated that she needed to show strong finances showing she will be able to take care of herself in Canada. Quite shocking. So i reapplied again, this time online and clearly stating and copying where the CIC website that states that for an open work permit, the spouse should present a valid work permit , with validity for at least 6 months- current letter of employment stating responsibilities and the job must be in Noc A O C and 3 recent pay slips. I carefully explained in my letter of explanation that i will be responsible for her upkeep and have attached my bank statement.

List of documents

my work permit
3 recent pay slips
rental lease agreement
bank statement
her passport data page
police clearance cert

Applied online NOv 24, got an update yesterday requesting for passport and on mycic it shows application approved. Note medicals havent been done which is quite a surprise but anyways thats the good news.

Wow!!! 3 weeks and 3 days. This is God at work. Congratulations to your family.
I got married February 6, 2017 and my wife travelled back to canada a week after. I applied online July 1st 2017 and no update yet aside biometrics completed. I believe for something miraculous before 2017 runs out.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2017
dodoyemi:
Hi guys

List of documents

my work permit
3 recent pay slips
rental lease agreement
bank statement
her passport data page
police clearance cert

Congrats!! June applicants are still waiting for positive updates. I believe you have broken the jinx, at least there is hope that they are actually looking at sowp applications. I even sent inquiry and they simply responded that they have so many applications.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2017
dodoyemi:
Hi guys

List of documents

my work permit
3 recent pay slips
rental lease agreement
bank statement
her passport data page
police clearance cert

It means u were eligible for the two week processing window. I am happy for you. Mine was declined earlier with job NOC (C) as reason, I wasn't aware. Now u have given me d hope of applying online. Cos I was really scared with all d delays I see here.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 1:52pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ok people....i need an idea on upfront medical. I have read the thread but I need a recent update.
Preferable clinic, amount, how to schedule an appointment, required document (s) and processing time.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2017
Pheisharah:

It means u were eligible for the two week processing window. I am happy for you. Mine was declined earlier with job NOC (C) as reason, I wasn't aware. Now u have given me d hope of applying online. Cos I was really scared with all d delays I see here.
Hi, pls kindly throw more light on this wks peocessing time you are talking about
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 7:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
dodoyemi:
Hi guys

List of documents

my work permit
3 recent pay slips
rental lease agreement
bank statement
her passport data page
police clearance cert

Congratulations
I am next

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: nnemak(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.