Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,451 members, 7,801,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:57 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (795941 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:32pm On Feb 19, 2018
Snappyfingaz:

Documents Submitted

All forms involved:
* Application for work permit made outside of Canada
* Schedule 1 (Application for temporary residence IMM5257B)***
* Family information Form
* Digital Photo
* Passport biopage
* Proof of relationship (we submitted our marriage certificate and just a few of our wedding photos)
* Letter of explanation (we promptly noted here that she's currently out of work and that her financial responsibilities would lay on me and my mum in law)
* Three of my most recent pay stubs plus a six months statement of account from my mum in law
* My employment letter
* Letter from my employer confirming i still work with them and stating my intent of bringing my wife to Canada
* A copy of her resume/cv
* Copy of news paper publication to prove her change of name after marriage

***Schedule 1 - Application for temporary residence IMM5257B

In my opinion that is the right form to fill out for work permit applications. The form I've seen most people fill is IMM5257E - Application for Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa), take note of the names.

In IMM5257B you aren't so many questions as how long you're staying, how much you are bringing and etc. All thats asked outside your personal information is previous travel, if you've had affiliation with the military, government positions and if you've witness desecration of religious buildings.

On IMM5257E, you're asked your purpose of visit, length of stay, name and relationship of who you are visiting, your education and work history and of course your background information.

So, in my honest opinion I think visitors visa form comes with too many information and might take a little longer since they have too many things to carry out a back check on but yes, people who fill that out do also get approved.
Congratulations bro. Wanna ask you is this her first application?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 5:37pm On Feb 19, 2018
wealth360:

Thanks. yes, its her first application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2018
Thanks Rijo2, I really appreciate bro, I think Markab was once in my shoes, it is well bro, No update on the application, it is still on processing while the background check is also in processing too and even review of eligibility is in progress, Can you pls interpret RIJO2 bro ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 7:04pm On Feb 19, 2018
Lol......I should interpret my Moniker?
Samchi2014:
Thanks Rijo2, I really appreciate bro, I think Markab was once in my shoes, it is well bro, No update on the application, it is still on processing while the background check is also in processing too and even review of eligibility is in progress, Can you pls interpret RIJO2 bro ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 8:52pm On Feb 21, 2018
Rijo02:
What do you mean by background check. I never heard of that before now. Can you please clarify?

Background check basically means they are reviewing your police character report..

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 9:01pm On Feb 21, 2018
Markab:
Bros take a chill, some September/October/November applicants are still waiting, there is nothing you can do to influence the time except you pray for favour and speedy consideration. Worry less, pray more!
Averagely, based on my personal assessment, approved sowp applicants usually get responses between 3-4months. I am Osamede got response in 6months while some get in one month, just relax and pray bro.

By the way who is flying Egypt Air to Toronto, March 9? I need a gist partner wink

Abi oh. Help us tell am. Lol. I applied in June 2017 and got my OWP Jan 2018. All you need is prayers and patience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 9:22pm On Feb 21, 2018
What!!!! I am a dead!!! June till January?? This is crazily unfair. CIC is just doing to us what we did to ourself (Naija). Come to think about it, which country's OWP takes this long like ours? I randomly checked processing times for several countries; it was just Naija that is this bad. Shame!!!!
arrJay:

Abi oh. Help us tell am. Lol. I applied in June 2017 and got my OWP Jan 2018. All you need is prayers and patience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2018
arrJay:

Background check basically means they are reviewing your police character report..

Thanks bro, So I think final decision is the next item after background check if am not mistaken Or what ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 5:38pm On Feb 22, 2018
Abeg... who applied Dec via paper route.
My was 27th of Dec 2017.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 6:23pm On Feb 22, 2018
I know Samchi applied 12 or 13th of Dec and he has not heard from them yet. No update on background checks. @Samchi, any progress? Am surprised paper route is taking quite sometime now. What is CIC doing? @Realme4u is there any update in your background check? Did you do medical upfront?
Realme4u:
Abeg... who applied Dec via paper route.
My was 27th of Dec 2017.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2018
[quote author=Rijo02 post=65289490]I know Samchi applied 12 or 13th of Dec and he has not heard from them yet. No update on background checks. @Samchi, any progress? Am surprised paper route is taking quite sometime now. What is CIC doing? @Realme4u is there any update in your background check? Did you do medical upfront?

@Rijo02. Yes "upfront medical."
No update yet in my background check.
embarassed embarassed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 7:51pm On Feb 22, 2018
Realme4u, Pls what did your background check says ? Is it background check is in progress or what ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 8:02pm On Feb 22, 2018
Realme4u, Pls what did your background check says ? Is it background check is in progress or what ?

I was not able to link application online.
I called vfs, they told me that my application is no longer with them but with canadian embassy.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Samchi2014: 8:47pm On Feb 22, 2018
Realme4u:

I was not able to link application online.
I called vfs, they told me that my application is no longer with them but with canadian embassy.

Anyway, my own background check says :: We are processing your background check::: Still expecting from CIC but am sure it will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2018
You should link your application online. Just use your names to do that......It makes it easier to follow up rather than calling VFS.[quote author=Realme4u post=65289913][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2018
Am surprised they still haven't updated anything on your application. Its 2 months now. In the past, people have got updates by this time via paper route (although we know the dynamics in their processing). But I was expecting a medical request or something to show they are doing something. Please, what is going on? Anyways, I have heard there is a high chance of approval when application stay a bit longer (like, it is always quick for them to deny than approve). But this delay is not expected....Abeg house, anybody get clue whats going on with CIC?
Samchi2014:

Anyway, my own background check says :: We are processing your background check::: Still expecting from CIC but am sure it will end in praise.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 10:17pm On Feb 22, 2018
Rijo02:
You should link your application online. Just use your names to do that......It makes it easier to follow up rather than calling VFS.

Is not working for me ooo embarassed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 10:39pm On Feb 22, 2018
Just check the post as of 2 weeks ago. Someone posted how to link paper application online.
Realme4u:

Is not working for me ooo embarassed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by desertboom(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2018
Please, can someone educate me on what "Closed Work Permit" is all about?
Thanks as I await
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Braze9(m): 11:38am On Feb 23, 2018
Nice thread...
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nwugon(f): 10:51pm On Feb 28, 2018
Please does one pay for open work holder fee twice. In a situation where, the first application was denied and the person want to reapply, how does one prove that you have paid that before?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 12:42am On Mar 01, 2018
nwugon:
Please does one pay for open work holder fee twice. In a situation where, the first application was denied and the person want to reapply, how does one prove that you have paid that before?

You have to pay again, including the biometrics fee.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nwugon(f): 4:24am On Mar 01, 2018
Realme4u:

You have to pay again, including the biometrics fee.

I got this from CiC website, please those that applied twice or more, how did you go about it?

Search and menus
Search and menus
You are here:
Home Immigration and citizenship Help Centre All Topic Work permits
Help Centre what do you need help with?
What do you need help with?

I paid the $100 open work permit holder fee with my open work permit application, but the application was refused. Can I get a refund?
Yes. We will send you a refund of the open work permit holder fee. You do not have to do anything.

However, you are not eligible for a refund of the work permit processing fee.

Was this answer useful?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by best2002: 10:32am On Mar 01, 2018
Paper Application: 26th January, 2018 (3rd Attempt)

Linked Online: 18th February, 2018

Refuser Mail: 1st March, 2018
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 7:56pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello. Good day.

My name is Semiu. I am new on here but i normally read through, I have applied for Student visa late last year and got approved January 10th this year, on the 20th of January I submitted application for my wife for SOWP, she got a medical request mail exactly one month after, medical was done and her account was update for medical passed and also update as they do not need additional documents. two days now she is yet to receive Passport Request Mail after the medical was done and passed. unlike my own I got my passport request instantly. Please any advice. thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Realme4u: 8:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
best2002:

Sorry for the delay...do not lose hope.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 8:20pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello, Please i submitted almost same documents for my wife application, she has been sent medical mail. it was done and her account has been update as MEDICAL PASSED and no need for additional documents. we are yet to receive passport request update,, its two days now? please any advice?
wealth360:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2018
yes.. please congratulations? will they still request for passport and how many days?
croyance:
Hello, Please i submitted almost same documents for my wife application, she has been sent medical mail. it was done and her account has been update as MEDICAL PASSED and no need for additional documents. we are yet to receive passport request update,, its two days now? please any advice?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 8:33pm On Mar 01, 2018
Good evening House!

Do you know how much time it takes after passing the medical examination for SOWP to get Passport Request Mail?

Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2018
Am sorry to hear that. It is quite a difficult situation for you. I can't just say you take it easy as I know its tough. I feel the pain. Firstly, I advise you to request for your GCMS so as to know what exactly is the reason for the denials. And just to know how the house can advise you, what is your situation? For example, your wife or husband is studying (enough SP validity) or working (appropriate NOC), finance issues, any history of travel problems. These will help people to advise you. But most importantly, you need the GCMS to better inform you. Take heart!!!!
best2002:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Rijo02: 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2018
Congratulations.....That was quite fast. Late last year (SP) and to have gotten a reply (approval) within a short time is quite impressive. And your wife's approval is also good to know. About your question, its good she has passed her medical exam. So I advise you worry less. Just get your passport in courier parcel ready. It will come very soon. Congrats once more!!!!
croyance:
Good evening House!

Do you know how much time it takes after passing the medical examination for SOWP to get Passport Request Mail?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 9:13pm On Mar 01, 2018
I pray it all work out bro. thanks for the message and may yours and others be successful as well. i am patiently waiting and praying to God for his mercy. thanks
Rijo02:
Congratulations.....That was quite fast. Late last year (SP) and to have gotten a reply (approval) within a short time is quite impressive. And your wife's approval is also good to know. About your question, its good she has passed her medical exam. So I advise you worry less. Just get your passport in courier parcel ready. It will come very soon. Congrats once more!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: sunwintrav

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.