Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,910 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (796721 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 8:49am On Apr 28, 2018
i did online route and the correspondence letter shows lagos
Pheisharah:

Please where was your wife's SOWP processed? Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana or U.K?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by anthney87: 12:43pm On Apr 28, 2018
I need your advice and input.

I am a married man and intend going to Canada. my agent told me getting a master degree with my grade 2.2(below 3.0) is difficult and using neco again in the school they work with is a No.

so he advised me to go tru B. Sc route using my waec(D7) in maths.

now my questions.
1. can it sail tru easily?
2. can I pay my fees with my working times over there?
3. can I apply for sowp and how long before I can apply for it.

please just a simple answer to help me know my decision.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 8:22pm On May 03, 2018
My SOWP application is a month today and all I got is email from CIC stating....

"There have been no updates to your application (Xxxxxxxxxx) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience."

Any clue please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 8:40pm On May 03, 2018
Hi, it simply means that there was no changes in your account within the month. This doesn’t call for alarm. Relax and keep believing.

Bab5:
My SOWP application is a month today and all I got is email from CIC stating....

"There have been no updates to your application (Xxxxxxxxxx) since you last checked your account. Thank you for your patience."

Any clue please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 10:18pm On May 03, 2018
anthney87:
I need your advice and input.

I am a married man and intend going to Canada. my agent told me getting a master degree with my grade 2.2(below 3.0) is difficult and using neco again in the school they work with is a No.

so he advised me to go tru B. Sc route using my waec(D7) in maths.

now my questions.
1. can it sail tru easily?
2. can I pay my fees with my working times over there?
3. can I apply for sowp and how long before I can apply for it.

please just a simple answer to help me know my decision.

Question 1 & 2 will be answered best on the study thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/4390108/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/106

You can only apply for SOWP for your spouse after you receive your TRV.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 11:04pm On May 03, 2018
My husband submitted his application February 20th and a month after his account was updated to MEDICAL passed and NO need for additional documents. I'm worried we still haven't heard from CIC till now. I believe it will end well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 12:12am On May 04, 2018
Thank you. Am sure it will end well by God's grace.

StudentsNG:
Hi, it simply means that there was no changes in your account within the month. This doesn’t call for alarm. Relax and keep believing.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 9:03am On May 04, 2018
ami05:
My husband submitted his application February 20th and a month after his account was updated to MEDICAL passed and NO need for additional documents. I'm worried we still haven't heard from CIC till now. I believe it will end well

I don't know if this is a new trend but @croyance and one other moniker got passport request about 2 months after medical passed. I'll advise you just chill till after standard processing time passed and send CIC a mail. It will end well by God's Grace
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 9:06am On May 04, 2018
Work permit is now 12 weeks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 2:15pm On May 04, 2018
Pheisharah:

I don't know if this is a new trend but @croyance and one other moniker got passport request about 2 months after medical passed. I'll advise you just chill till after standard processing time passed and send CIC a mail. It will end well by God's Grace

Thank you. Praying for the best
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by tosin4realx: 5:15pm On May 04, 2018
pls how can i process Canada resident visa pls help me out
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rolorolo: 12:35am On May 06, 2018
Hello House. I need your professional advice.

I am currently awaiting my TRV (Study) to be approved and I proclaim that by the special grace of God, I will give testimony on this forum.

Now to my question, my husband and Son have TRV already. Just thinking, should I apply for SOWP for my husband once my TRV is approved or we all enter Canada and get their documents regularised?. I have been on CIC site and I read that application can be made inside of Canada. I don't know how easy that could be and if we have people who have explore this route in the past.

For my daughter, she is a Canadian Citizen, no issue with her. Just concerned on the best approach for my husband and my son. Your comments are welcome please.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 2:35am On May 06, 2018
Hello House

me and my wife landed in CANADA safely and sound oooo

The POE was so interesting. All you need is just to be confident and truthful, Please dont change documents at POE, always present what you submitted during VISA processing.

God bless you all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by rolorolo: 3:00am On May 06, 2018
croyance:
Hello House

The POE was so interesting. All you need is just to be confident and truthful, Please dont change documents at POE, always present what you submitted during VISA processing.

God bless you all.
Congratulations. Wishing your all the best and may God grant your wife safe delivery. All the best.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by StudentsNG: 1:35am On May 07, 2018
Hello, congrats in advance for your trv.
Don't bother applying for SOWP for your hubby from Naija, come to Canada first.
They will likely issue him work permit at POE. Else, enter first and enrol in school then he can apply for SOWP from within Canada. Its that simple. Goodluck!

rolorolo:
Hello House. I need your professional advice.

I am currently awaiting my TRV (Study) to be approved and I proclaim that by the special grace of God, I will give testimony on this forum.

Now to my question, my husband and Son have TRV already. Just thinking, should I apply for SOWP for my husband once my TRV is approved or we all enter Canada and get their documents regularised?. I have been on CIC site and I read that application can be made inside of Canada. I don't know how easy that could be and if we have people who have explore this route in the past.

For my daughter, she is a Canadian Citizen, no issue with her. Just concerned on the best approach for my husband and my son. Your comments are welcome please.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Danielomisco(m): 5:26pm On May 07, 2018
croyance:
Hello House

God bless you all.
how did u work ur relocation and cost bro pls ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 2:19am On May 08, 2018
its study permit and SOWP..
Danielomisco:
how did u work ur relocation and cost bro pls ?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by alexdell1234: 3:41pm On May 13, 2018
nwugon:
Please my people who filled this form IMM 5713 use of family member representative. My husband filling online visitor's visa application for my children and open work permit for himself and under documents, he is required to upload form IMM5713, we can't find that form to fill online, is there a newer version of this form.
please where did you get the form
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 2neeyoo(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2018
Can you please share the letter with us.
VEIL1234:
Good evening house, join me in singing praises to the most high God! Our applications have been approved.

Timeline: OWP for me. Study permit for my daughter and TRV for son
Application and biometrics: 1st february 2017
Medical Request: 26th May 2017
Medical done: 8th June 2017
Medical passed: 13th June 2017
Application approved: 23rd June 2017
I was however notified on the 28th of June for just my daughter's
Vfs wrote me early hours of 30th june to come pick up our passports, I went there in the afternoon and picked up all three approved!!! grin grin grin grin. In total 21 weeks and 2 days processing time.

Thank you all, special thanks to BE811APP, I met you on nairaland last year March, I have never met you in person but you have been a good brother praying with me and my family and assisted me all the way right from my husband's study permit process. I hope to see you in canny soon. Thanks to all those on the sowp thread all your info and advice has been useful.Thank you Huzzie for guiding me on how to write my SOP and LOE. To qfavoured, and all those who are still waiting, the good lord will favour you shortly and we shall all celebrate.

Please let's keep this thread alive so we can keep giving back. Thank you all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 2neeyoo(m): 8:38pm On May 15, 2018
Can you please share the letter with us.
VEIL1234:
Good evening house, join me in singing praises to the most high God! Our applications have been approved.

Timeline: OWP for me. Study permit for my daughter and TRV for son
Application and biometrics: 1st february 2017
Medical Request: 26th May 2017
Medical done: 8th June 2017
Medical passed: 13th June 2017
Application approved: 23rd June 2017
I was however notified on the 28th of June for just my daughter's
Vfs wrote me early hours of 30th june to come pick up our passports, I went there in the afternoon and picked up all three approved!!! grin grin grin grin. In total 21 weeks and 2 days processing time.

Thank you all, special thanks to BE811APP, I met you on nairaland last year March, I have never met you in person but you have been a good brother praying with me and my family and assisted me all the way right from my husband's study permit process. I hope to see you in canny soon. Thanks to all those on the sowp thread all your info and advice has been useful.Thank you Huzzie for guiding me on how to write my SOP and LOE. To qfavoured, and all those who are still waiting, the good lord will favour you shortly and we shall all celebrate.

Please let's keep this thread alive so we can keep giving back. Thank you all.
croyance:
The documents submitted are listed below:

Study Permit Docs: Application submitted on November 25th 2017
All the required study permit application forms (cant recall the code no)
Admission Letter from Fanshawe College
Tuition Deposit Receipt from Flywire
My CAC Business Certificate (Limited by Share of 1million)
my zenith bank statement of account (4months )with inflow and outflow of 70m plus and closing balance of 2.5m
my GTbank statement of account (5months) with inflow and outflow of 80m plus and closing balance of 5m plus
My diamond bank Domiciliary account for 5months with inflow and outflow of 250 thousand dollars plus and closing balance of 14kplus dollars
A letter of reference from the banks stating my relationship with them
my marriage certificate
My degree certificate
my detailed letter of explanation with just three pages
my visa pages: USA and South Africa. (Traveled to USA and South Africa in 2017 and visa still valid)
Medical Request on Janaury 5th 2018
Medical done on January 8th 2018
Pasport Request and Approved on January 10th 2018
Passport collected on January 16th 2018.

Wife( Spousal Open Work Permit) After three rejection from USA embassy under 6months, (the last rejection was on January 10th 2018)
Application Submitted on January 20th 2018 four days after receiving my study permit
All Spousal open work permit application forms
My study visa approval page
my Admission letter
My tuition deposit receipt
My business certificates showing her as one of the share holder
our car ownership of certificate indicating both of our names
marriage certificates with enough wedding pictures
Evidence for Change of Name: newspapers publication and Court sworn affividavits
Letter of Administration from court as the next of kin to her late father properties and signatory
Her late farther Retirement Bond certificate from LASPEC
Her landed property receipts
Her South African visa page and enough throw back pictures
Husband two bank statement of account (Zenith and diamond)
Detailed Letter of Explanation
and some other docs that we cant recall
Medical request on February 20th 2018
Medical done February 21sth 2018 ( we did extra test because she is pregnant)
and the wait begins........................................................................................
Passport request and aprroved on April 18th 2018 (2months after)
Passport collection today April 27th 2018 by the special grace of God.

Note: she just got employed this January 2018 with Lagos state local government commission and I never use the employment letter or her statement of account.

God is awesome, and we glorify his holy name for the success of this application after three rejection from USA embassy. Never give up my people...

Please i am ready to assist in any little way i can. thanks for the love!!!

please share letter of explanation please oladosuabisola@yahoo.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 8:25pm On May 16, 2018
ami05:

Thank you. Praying for the best

Hello, have you got a response now?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 2:11pm On May 17, 2018
[quote author=Pheisharah post=67621828]

Hello, have you got a response now?[/quote

Nothing yet..Thanks for asking
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pheisharah: 8:04pm On May 17, 2018
[quote author=ami05 post=67641004][/quote]

Wow! I'd advise you send them a mail. If the application is already 12 weeks. Counting from biometrics date.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 6:58pm On May 19, 2018
I will send them a mail nextweek. It's already 12 weeks

Pheisharah:

Wow! I'd advise you send them a mail. If the application is already 12 weeks. Counting from biometrics date.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by amazonrck: 11:07pm On May 20, 2018
croyance:
Boss I thank God today ooo.. PR mail received today oo at exactly 4:08pm naija time.. Grateful oooo

croyance:
Hello House

God bless you all.

Hi croyance

Congratulations to you and your wife once again on successfully landing in Canada. Please, I have some questions I would like to ask you as I am about applying for my TRV. I will appreciate if I can get any means of contacting you personally, either through email/phone number.
My email is amazonrck@gmail.com.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by croyance: 2:12am On May 21, 2018
kindly send mail. thanks
amazonrck:

Hi croyance

Congratulations to you and your wife once again on successfully landing in Canada. Please, I have some questions I would like to ask you as I am about applying for my TRV. I will appreciate if I can get any means of contacting you personally, either through email/phone number.
My email is amazonrck@gmail.com.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mikel88: 3:07pm On May 24, 2018
This thread is dry.. well i applied May 5 Biometric May 7.waiting on God for his usual grace and mercy on my application. Please lets keep this thread alive.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 10:16pm On May 24, 2018
Thinking same too @mikel88. Maybe for those of us with application in process can state our timelines.

My timeline
Submitted April 2nd
Biometrics April 6th
7weeks counting now....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 7:02am On May 26, 2018
Bab5:
Thinking same too @mikel88. Maybe for those of us with application in process can state our timelines.

My timeline
Submitted April 2nd
Biometrics April 6th
7weeks counting now....
paper or online? If online did you do upfront medical?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ami05: 1:28pm On May 26, 2018
My husband application is 13 weeks now and nothing from CIC yet apart from Medical passed which was update like 2 months ago, so i called CIC yesterday on his behalf from Canada but I was told my husband should call the Visa office himself in Nigeria. I am really worried hmmmm
Question
Is it possible for application to be refused despite Medical passed and NO need of additional requiremens?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bab5: 10:48pm On May 26, 2018
Online application.... I didn't do medicals upfront. Still waiting for request, surprised nothing till now.

wealth360:
paper or online? If online did you do upfront medical?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 12:10am On May 27, 2018
ami05:
My husband application is 13 weeks now and nothing from CIC yet apart from Medical passed which was update like 2 months ago, so i called CIC yesterday on his behalf from Canada but I was told my husband should call the Visa office himself in Nigeria. I am really worried hmmmm
Question
Is it possible for application to be refused despite Medical passed and NO need of additional requiremens?
My dear just be patient okay. Some times silence is a positive sign of approval. Medical passed doesn't matter now. What u sud watch out for now is if CIC are done with his background check

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.