Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,856 members, 7,798,852 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. - Culture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (120404 Views)

Ijaw Dialects And Where They Are Spoken / Detailed List Of Hausa Dialects And Places Spoken. / A List Of All Edo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by uckennety(m): 9:58pm On Sep 03, 2016
FemiFaniKayode:
a Rivers man is NOT and will NEVER be an Igbo man

Idíotic Afonjas product!

I don't know wt to tell you and your likes

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by uckennety(m): 10:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Ikwerreboy:
Igbos igbos igbos, hw mny times hv i called u dirty migrants, Ikwerre,Ekpeye and Ogba are not igbos, they have desame ancestrial root trace to benin,(Then Oba awure).. As for the Ndoni people they have never accepted been igbo, only time shall tell, we shall all be here and hear that Rivers state Govt deports 1,000 igbos back to south east under the administration of Gov-elect Chief Nyesom wike, Continue bringing hatred for your self..

Under the administration of former governor of rivers state Dr. Peter Odilli of Ndoni, you igbos organised a prayer for all ur igbo brothers to come together and pray, concerning there stay in port harcourt (ikwerre land) and other part of rivers state, that there is an evil plan to be carried out on the igbos in rivers state.

You were been invited to the state house of assembly for organising such a prayer with the concept of the state govt, which the so called Gov. Amaechi from ikwerre who have demolished thousands of ur shops, arrested most of you who tried to acquire ikwerre local govt identification because of our similarities in names, who claimed his igbo during buhari presidential campaign in abia state, because he knows how tribalistic you people are, was the speaker of rivers state house of assembly then.

Not only that, the ikwerre concil of elders summoned you igbos and asked you people to pay fine for organising such a prayer with out the concept of the ikwerre people who own the land you derive ur daily bread. just to name a few.

You igbos are group of confused people who have no direction, the most divided ethnic group in nigeria, you are so hated all over nigeria because of your silly attitude.

The ikwerres,ogbas,ekpeye,etche and Ndoni of rivers state are not members of your Ohaeze ndi igbo organisation i wounder why you idiots include us in your irritating igbo identity we dnt belong,

Below is a brief history of the ikwerre,ogba and ekpeye people of rivers state which the benin cultural heritage have confirmed it when they visited port harcourt (ikwerre land), Ogba and ekpeye you fools:

Chief N.M.T. Solomon (2004), native of Ikodu Ubie in Ekpeyeland, in
his narrative draws heavily from the now authenticated written
historical records delivered by various informed sources including
“Eketu (Weber) of Ubeta, assumed to have lived for over two hundred
(200) years as the oldest man in all Ekpeye, Ogba and Iwhnurọ hna (or
Ikwerre), at that time (and) was asked to narrate the history and
customs of Ekpeye people” as unfolded in his lifetime. Here is what he
said, which has been validated by the accounts of the current
generation through responses to our questionnaires and direct
interviews thereby increasing our level of confidence on the data:
Ekpeye, born in Benin, was the first of the three sons of Akalaka.
While in Ndoni, he married a second wife to gain the love and favour
of the people. The new wife gave birth to a son, which he named Ogba.
Akalaka was still in Ndoni when his first wife, the mother of Ekpeye,
gave birth to his third son called Ihruoha (Ikwerre) .

Proudly Ikwerre..

Ikwerre has 4 local govtment areas in rivers state for those who thinks its only Port harcourt, no see image below:

Ewu awusa!taa gba fuo

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Chayill: 3:28pm On Sep 06, 2016
I need someone who can teach the general Igbo Language.email - airgirl_34@yahoo.com
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Chayill: 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2016
I need someone that can teach Igbo language in general. E-mail : airgirl_34@yahoo.com
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by jayrule(m): 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
Seriously...
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Abagworo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2017
I missed this interesting thread. Igbo bu Igbo mma mma nu! Igbo n'asu n'olu n'olu ma na Igbo nile bu otu. Onye aghala nwanne ya.

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by chiefbuchiV12(m): 11:12pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ama proud okpara ukwu of ala-ngwa
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 6:44pm On May 18, 2017
martineverest:
Especially those from agbor,i could detect element of edo in it

IshiLove, where are from in Ukwuani that you claim has Yoruba elements? Even the Bini loan words are so few! They borrowed more from us than will did from them! Bini people call kerosine mili ukpa, that is an Ukwuani word for mmili ukpe, literally water + lamp. We did borrow from them too, but fortunately almost all the words we loaned from them has a primary Ukwuani/Igbo substitute, eg 1. Bini,edeki; Ukwuani edeke/obara/obala; meaning blood; 2. Bini, edafe; Ukwuani,ogalaenya; rich man, 3. Bini,ukpokpo; Ukwuani,kpkokpo/sogbu/to trouble or worry. 3. Bini, Utomi; Ukwuani,ishi nka. All these examples i have given are not peculiar to Ukwuani, all Western Igbo, like Enuani has these words too.

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 7:55pm On May 18, 2017
noeloge82:
Ndukwa info is not d second largest after urhobo in delta state white lie its d aniocha/oshimili igbo
Ndokwa is larger than Aniocha and Oshimili, both population and landmass from the 1950s, when census figure had a semblance of reality.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 8:13pm On May 18, 2017
Ishilove:

Yes o, nbu onye Ukwuani Abbi grin
Yes o, M bu onye Ukwuani. correct spelling
Iwe b'ewe 'i. Literally, dont let anger anger you. Dont get angry. we iwe means to get angry; be ewe iwe or iwe be ewe'i or iwe ewena'i negates the ''iwe''.

Hahahahhahahha dioka asusu ka m bu. I am writing an Igbo dictionary in Ukwuani-Aboh-Ndoni(Ndokwa) and Enuani dialetcs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 8:25pm On May 18, 2017
Onyiridike:

Nobody is begging you to be Igbo. Infact, you are Hausas.

The CBN Governor is from Ika and answers Ifeanyi. Is Ifeanyi which language?

Onitsha kingship is hereditary too.

Because your kingship is hereditary, it means you are not Igbo. Chei! So much ignorance everywhere! We have work to do!

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Ishilove: 8:37pm On May 18, 2017
obuus:

Iwe b'ewe 'i. Literally, dont let anger anger you. Dont get angry. we iwe means to get angry; be ewe iwe or iwe be ewe'i or iwe ewena'i negates the ''iwe''.

Hahahahhahahha dioka asusu ka m bu. I am writing an Igbo dictionary in Ukwuani-Aboh-Ndoni(Ndokwa) and Enuani dialetcs.
I will like to have a copy when you're done smiley
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by OMANBALA1: 9:45pm On May 18, 2017
Ishilove:

I will like to have a copy when you're done smiley

But he said he was writing "Igbo" dictionary in Ukwuani dialect. And we know you don't wanna be classified as Igbo. And you also said Ukwuani is not Igbo related...smh
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Ishilove: 10:23pm On May 18, 2017
OMANBALA1:

But he said he was writing "Igbo" dictionary in Ukwuani dialect. And we know you don't wanna be classified as Igbo. And you also said Ukwuani is not Igbo related...smh
Of course I don't. I will never see myself as igbo so that's that. The nomenclature given to the dictionary is irrelevant because all I'm interested in is the contents.

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 3:46am On May 19, 2017
chucky234:
Allow those peeps to keep deceiving themselves, igbo means slave/outcast in Ukwuani.
Chucky234, Thats what Bini people call you. That word is of Bini origin, so get your vocabulary and etymology right. igbon, thats a Bini word for slaves. Because the Bini had access to the Portuguese, who supplied them guns, and whitemen preferred Igbo slaves to any other tribe, Bini people raided us frequently for slaves. Thats what the Bini call you!
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 3:58am On May 19, 2017
Phut:

Now I can't wait to hear an Ukwuani or Ndoni person speak. Biko they should give us Urashi State. *sticks tongue out*

Thanks for the info, Radiollo. Much respect.
Radiollo, you are very correct Ukwuani, Aboh, Ndoni and Oguta are same dialect(Ukwuani). Before the war, in 1954 proper Ndoni in present Rivers state was politically organised with Ukwuani in present Delta state. The name you here today as Ndokwa was fusion of the three native authorities in the area: N(Ndoni), DO(Ndosimili) and KWA(Ukwuani), hence you have Ndokwa. i once met into an Oguta man in Owerri in 2013(actually and and my younger brother were conversing when he over head us). I couldnt hide my excitement that day!

1 Like

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by obuus: 9:06am On May 19, 2017
donshaddow:

No. We use the same vowels and consonant in writing.

Just a bit different in pronunciation and spell.

Some igbos spell imili (water) we say imiri.

They say olisa (God) we say Orise or Olise.

But we are 95% related in writing but a few difference in culture.

We share a niger-delta food and dressing, which is way far different from the main igbos.

Oyi m onwe ife di iche ni echichi n'omenani. My friend there is no difference in dressing and culture. Let us get educated. Do you suppose that all other igbo groups from Opobo to Afikpo dress or speak same way Do you know that in Ukwuani there are communities that say mmili and others that say mmiri? Now when you hear that there are Igbo dialects that even say mini, you will now say you are a different language. Biko, Let us stop all these intellectual dishonesty and igba n'aki.

3 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by aniomafirstson: 6:50pm On Jun 23, 2017
donshaddow:

If the Urhobos, isokos, Itsekiri and some other minor ethnic group should be recognised. Why not the Ukwaunis... Must you insert us inside the central igbos..

Well, my argument is for the purpose of liberating and recognising the Ukwuani clan as an ethnic group.

Look at this so called Biafra map!!! Why was Ukwuani omitted...

We number more than 7million.

Ukwuani was not ommited

Hope you can see kwale (ukwuani) in this map

Peace

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by aniomafirstson: 10:30pm On Jun 23, 2017
obuus:

wow you are an ukwuani man

delee
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by olaitoro(m): 7:34pm On Dec 11, 2018
OkuDiOver1:
what of ORLU?

They speak mostly Isuama dialect
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by ebukaejiofor1: 1:24pm On Feb 12, 2019
well the waawa dialect stretches from the west and the east if enugu state (including the capital)to oka (awka) the capital of anambra state ,and a thiny part of eboyin
I believe our dialect is the sweetest igbo dialect....it sounds like rap music .. we were all regader as ndi oka b4 the coming of the whites

just for the records nsuka is a diffrent igbo dialect all together even tho they are also in enugu state , they are nice people too
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 8:38pm On Feb 12, 2019
Ukwuani is not an igbo dialect it is different from igbo language u people like claiming all east part of Nigeria are igbo when they are not people should stop saying they are igbo because they stay in the East part of Nigeria.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by olaitoro(m): 11:26am On Feb 13, 2019
Weedfree:
Ukwuani is not an igbo dialect it is different from igbo language u people like claiming all east part of Nigeria are igbo when they are not people should stop saying they are igbo because they stay in the East part of Nigeria.

Your ignorance is legendary, how can you say that Ukwuani is in the East. If Ukwuani is in the East then Ihiala is in West..lol..
Go and brush yourself up with knowledge of Nigeria geography before parading yourself as an authority in Ukwuani affairs.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 10:22pm On Feb 14, 2019
olaitoro:

Your ignorance is legendary, how can you say that Ukwuani is in the East. If Ukwuani is in the East then Ihiala is in West..lol..
Go and brush yourself up with knowledge of Nigeria geography before parading yourself as an authority in Ukwuani affairs.

There is always fools like u on every site who don't understand simple things u do realize I meant east of the Niger and it's territories. SO u know I do learn before I comment on a site. For example I will reply u in ukwuani ise a diye ma. if u don't know what it means don't reply u slowpoke.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 2:45am On Feb 15, 2019
olaitoro:

The person's moniker says it all. Any John Thomas with free N100 data bundle can come online and say what they like.

2 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 2:46am On Feb 15, 2019
Weedfree:

There is always fools like u on every site who don't understand simple things u do realize I meant east of the Niger and it's territories. SO u know I do learn before I comment on a site. For example I will reply u in ukwuani ise a diye ma. if u don't know what it means don't reply u slowpoke.

Isi adighi gi mma....twisting the spelling so that it loses its meaning.

4 Likes

Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by olaitoro(m): 6:28am On Feb 15, 2019
Weedfree:

There is always fools like u on every site who don't understand simple things u do realize I meant [b]east of the Niger[/b]and it's territories. SO u know I do learn before I comment on a site. For example I will reply u in ukwuani ise a diye ma. if u don't know what it means don't reply u slowpoke.

cheesy loool, guy you are a weed smoker maka Chukwu. The bolded really cracked me up. Ok let me teach you simple geography. River Niger divided the Southern Nigeria into East and West via Anambra and Delta, that was while Delta was originally in Western Nigeria and Anambra in Eastern Nigeria during the first republic.
Mid West region in which Delta state was part of was created from western Nigeria and not from the East.
Ukwuani has always been in delta state, thus is in the West of Niger.
You can thank me later for this lecture.

Stop displaying your ignorance as a fact anu mpama.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by olaitoro(m): 6:34am On Feb 15, 2019
Weedfree:

For the bolded, isi adighi gi mma, go and learn how to write in simple Igbo language.
Onye nzuzu dika gi grin
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by B2mario(m): 11:34am On Feb 15, 2019
bigfrancis21:

The person's moniker says it all. Any John Thomas with free N100 data bundle can come online and say what they like.
Hahahahaha. You are funny.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 12:53am On Feb 17, 2019
olaitoro:

cheesy loool, guy you are a weed smoker maka Chukwu. The bolded really cracked me up. Ok let me teach you simple geography. River Niger divided the Southern Nigeria into East and West via Anambra and Delta, that was while Delta was originally in Western Nigeria and Anambra in Eastern Nigeria during the first republic.
Mid West region in which Delta state was part of was created from western Nigeria and not from the East.
Ukwuani has always been in delta state, thus is in the West of Niger.
You can thank me later for this lecture.

Stop displaying your ignorance as a fact anu mpama.

First of all, I would like to apologise for your know-nothing,featherbrain, simpleton mentality. That has refused to free itself from colonial and happy slave mentality. How can you call Delta, an Igbo tribe, have you no respect. You are no different from the cultural ignorance colonial rulers and foreigner. The "concept Nigeria" is fraud. You have contacted the senselessness of the foriegner. You out of your myopic nature decide with your fellow dim wit to say Delta is Igbo because you know your tribe is nothing with crude oil. Nigga must you famz. Let your tribe focus on their resources. You have disrepected Africa by compelling to the Scramble of the Continent. There goes another man, who have been whitewash. By the way that was not Igbo but Ukwuani.
Fire ur knowledge I was also taking about other east tribes u cling to other tribes forcing them to believe in ur biafra mentality.
I know u insulted me in igbo and yes I understood everything you said so I belief is time i insult u in Igbo to ENI TI GO A DIA NU IHE OFUMU AND NOW IN UKWUANI ENA KWE ELA. SO u know, there are ukwuanis in rivers state and since u are an expert on geography where is rivers.
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by Weedfree: 12:58am On Feb 17, 2019
bigfrancis21:

Isi adighi gi mma....twisting the spelling so that it loses its meaning.

ISI KE IJI NE JE IJE sorry if u don't understand ukwuani because I understand both. U lack common sense
Re: A List Of Igbo Dialects And Where Their Speakers Are Found. by bigfrancis21: 4:44am On Feb 17, 2019
Weedfree:

ISI KE IJI NE JE IJE sorry if u don't understand ukwuani because I understand both. U lack common sense

Isi ka I ji na-eje ije??

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Igbo Kwenu! kwezuo Nu! Join Us If You're Proud To Be An Igbo Guy/Lady / Similoluwa, Sister Of Ooni’s Wife 'Steals Show' With Backside At Royal Event / Igbo Architecture | Ụlọ omé n'Ìgbò

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.