Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other (43300 Views)

FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering / Pls How Much Are Graduates Paid At NSCDC ( Civil Defense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by karleone(m): 10:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
ayuseyuse:

i can take you some software class, but the problems is time. i no staad, orion, autocad, revit, scale, masterseries. well well.

Thank you so much bro..

I'll send you a pm.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 3:12am On Oct 12, 2017
hi guys. rily nice room, luv d energy here.
anyone interested in getting civilsoft quickseries 8, shout out to me 07030200996, or ugeeanyanwu@gmail.com. i am also quite good in bentley staadpro and all its components: building planner, concrete, steel, steel connection, foundation. also, theres orion 18 (i have a version dat designs and details staircase as well as d rectification of the error of combined footing design in the regular orion18 out there). i can also get u ANY Cad you r looking for. i also use e-tabs, and some architectural Cads: archicad21, artlantis, twinmotion, and i can give tutorial sessions on the use of all these CADs. enuf said... shout out.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Tohsynetita1: 12:22am On Oct 13, 2017
Interested
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by topsy1971: 5:11am On Oct 13, 2017
I am an Engineer but not of civil background. I need a good practitioner in civil and related constructionfields to tutor me on all I need to know, to aid my civil and structural contracts/projects. I am ready to put in my time and energy to learn. 08151728771 for details. No whatsapp pls.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 7:10am On Oct 14, 2017
thisisod:

Please sir abt hw much can i get it through you i stay in owerri and what do you mean by panels?
Hello, maybe I can be of help. QCS Civilsoft or whichever prog u nid, I have and can make it available. I'm a chat/call away: 07030200996, ugeeanyanwu@gmail.com.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Tex42(m): 12:24am On Oct 15, 2017
Can the tekla structural designer software do detailing?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
Attuskale:
Please guys does anyone has quick structure (quick civil series) software or tekla ? Please help me out. I really need it for my project work. This is my email (attoayensu@gmail.com)
Or chat me on +233540378331 thank you
Tekla structures, Quick Civil Series, both and lots more are available. Give me a shout: 07030200996, ugeeanyanwu@gmail.com
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 12:39pm On Oct 15, 2017
Hi guys,
There's a pretty good CAD out there that does structural detailing rather beautifully and easily. It is actually an improvement over orion generally, as it retained orion's interface, and also has improvements on orion, notably in d stair design and detailing,and in the overlapping detailing of combined footing design. It's called Protas. Another essential improvement is its unlimited number of floors it can design.
07030200996 is d number to call or Whatsapp. Also, if u follow bentley's staadpro, be adviced dat the steel connection design and concrete design/building planner has full unlimited licence codes for design, including BS.
Gimme a shout...

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 7:27am On Oct 18, 2017
ubatech:
hi guys. rily nice room, luv d energy here.
anyone interested in getting civilsoft quickseries 8, shout out to me 07030200996, or ugeeanyanwu@gmail.com. i am also quite good in bentley staadpro and all its components: building planner, concrete, steel, steel connection, foundation. also, theres orion 18 (i have a version dat designs and details staircase as well as d rectification of the error of combined footing design in the regular orion18 out there). i can also get u ANY Cad you r looking for. i also use e-tabs, and some architectural Cads: archicad21, artlantis, twinmotion, and i can give tutorial sessions on the use of all these CADs. enuf said... shout out.

Nice!
I think i'll be interested in Civilsoft quickseries
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 7:29am On Oct 18, 2017
topsy1971:
I am an Engineer but not of civil background. I need a good practitioner in civil and related constructionfields to tutor me on all I need to know, to aid my civil and structural contracts/projects. I am ready to put in my time and energy to learn. 08151728771 for details. No whatsapp pls.

Your location pls
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2017
ubatech:
Hi guys,
There's a pretty good CAD out there that does structural detailing rather beautifully and easily. It is actually an improvement over orion generally, as it retained orion's interface, and also has improvements on orion, notably in d stair design and detailing,and in the overlapping detailing of combined footing design. It's called Protas. Another essential improvement is its unlimited number of floors it can design.
07030200996 is d number to call or Whatsapp. Also, if u follow bentley's staadpro, be adviced dat the steel connection design and concrete design/building planner has full unlimited licence codes for design, including BS.
Gimme a shout...

detailing is a very big deal when designing structures as few softwares offer such service....
I use Autocad structural detailing for my details buh itt being migrated/merged to revit 2017 give rise to some complication...
kindly tell us more about this protas of a tool...

thanks
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
sentaljohn:

detailing is a very big deal when designing structures as few softwares offer such service....
I use Autocad structural detailing for my details buh itt being migrated/merged to revit 2017 give rise to some complication...
kindly tell us more about this protas of a tool...

thanks
Protas detailing is a sub component of Protas structural design Program. It is a developed program over the well known CSC Orion, which apart from having a few flaws, is also limited in design detailing. Protas detailing details as a stand alone prog, and/or details the results of the post processing analysis of pro structures. If u r familiar with orion, then you should understand this: after ur design and analysis and correction of members (footing inclusive) to ensure that everything passes, the design is exported to Protas detailing where with a click, the whole members is detailed. If u want to start a new project (that's not building), u can start ur modelling in Protas detailing, just as you would in autocad, and den carryout ur detailing after d design, to ur own specs. It's really dat easy. Protas detailing interface cones as autocad like, plus orion. And it not only designs different kinds of stairs (spiral, straight flight, dog leg, quarter turn, cantilever steps), it also gives automatic deign details. U can check out its detailing advert on YouTube by searching "Protas detailing".
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by anneboleyn(f): 10:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
Please @ sentaljohn I'm having issues downloading AutoCAD civil 3d onto my system, is there any idea you can share with me as to how I can successfully download and install the product? I will really appreciate it if you could assist me here
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
anneboleyn:
Please @ sentaljohn I'm having issues downloading AutoCAD civil 3d onto my system, is there any idea you can share with me as to how I can successfully download and install the product? I will really appreciate it if you could assist me here

which version of civil 3D are you trying to download??

tell me the steps you have taken so as to know how tto help...
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2017
ubatech:

Protas detailing is a sub component of Protas structural design Program. It is a developed program over the well known CSC Orion, which apart from having a few flaws, is also limited in design detailing. Protas detailing details as a stand alone prog, and/or details the results of the post processing analysis of pro structures. If u r familiar with orion, then you should understand this: after ur design and analysis and correction of members (footing inclusive) to ensure that everything passes, the design is exported to Protas detailing where with a click, the whole members is detailed. If u want to start a new project (that's not building), u can start ur modelling in Protas detailing, just as you would in autocad, and den carryout ur detailing after d design, to ur own specs. It's really dat easy. Protas detailing interface cones as autocad like, plus orion. And it not only designs different kinds of stairs (spiral, straight flight, dog leg, quarter turn, cantilever steps), it also gives automatic deign details. U can check out its detailing advert on YouTube by searching "Protas detailing".

wow!
thanks for the detailed explanation.. am impressed..

i'll give it try
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by anneboleyn(f): 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2017
I am trying to download AutoCAD civil 3d 2018 version, I got up about 12am this morning to do the download, I disabled my antivirus, turned off windows firewall, but I have not been able to install all windows updates on my computer. After plenty hiccups, the autodesk civil 3d file began downloading, but once it reached about 100MB out of the 3.97GB, download just stopped and I repeatedly got error messages , I'm thinking of downloading it through Virtual Agent ,but I'm hearing that it is 30 days trial version, I'm really worried because I JUST NEED THE SOFTWARE DESPERATELY. Any way u can help me I will really appreciate. I have installed the 8GB of ram , processing speed is still 1.6ghz, HDD is 500GB
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2017
anneboleyn:
I am trying to download AutoCAD civil 3d 2018 version, I got up about 12am this morning to do the download, I disabled my antivirus, turned off windows firewall, but I have not been able to install all windows updates on my computer. After plenty hiccups, the autodesk civil 3d file began downloading, but once it reached about 100MB out of the 3.97GB, download just stopped and I repeatedly got error messages , I'm thinking of downloading it through Virtual Agent ,but I'm hearing that it is 30 days trial version, I'm really worried because I JUST NEED THE SOFTWARE DESPERATELY. Any way u can help me I will really appreciate. I have installed the 8GB of ram , processing speed is still 1.6ghz, HDD is 500GB
Are u installing online or downloading d installation package? I'd suggest u do d later. Ensure u hv sufficient data prior to download and I suggest u use Internet download manager in downloading dat kinda size.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by ubatech(m): 11:24am On Oct 20, 2017
sentaljohn:

Nice!
I think i'll be interested in Civilsoft quickseries
Aight boss, u know d drill... 07030200996 or ugeeanyanwu@gmail.com
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 2:29pm On Oct 20, 2017
ubatech:
Aight boss, u know d drill... 07030200996 or ugeeanyanwu@gmail.com
thanks but I have it aiidy
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 2:37pm On Oct 20, 2017
anneboleyn:

Like I said aiidy, your system is not a gaming or high powered laptop.......the 1.6 processor is really small......wot version do u have installed??

I don't know your reason for going for civil 3D 2018....but why not consider using a lower version?....infact, I just installed version 2017 last month...and it was because my version 2015 and 16 don't av point cloud iish......you may have your reasons....
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by anneboleyn(f): 3:03pm On Oct 20, 2017
Thanks @sentaljohn, I will try again to download from the torrent site, just as you have suggested. Also I may also need to go for another version instead of civil 3d 2018. I assumed that the latest versions are better than the previous ones
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by karleone(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2017
ayuseyuse:

i can take you some software class, but the problems is time. i no staad, orion, autocad, revit, scale, masterseries. well well.

Hey bro,
How far with the design class? Sent you a pm but i'm yet to get a reply from you.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 9:11pm On Oct 20, 2017
anneboleyn:
Thanks @sentaljohn, I will try again to download from the torrent site, just as you have suggested. Also I may also need to go for another version instead of civil 3d 2018. I assumed that the latest versions are better than the previous ones

Yea! they are better depending on ur level of proficiency...the latest versions just have little additions and if u r not yet an expert, it'll do u no good....infact, u won't notice.......
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by anneboleyn(f): 11:45pm On Oct 20, 2017
@sentaljohn, I have decided to go with installing the software from a software vendor. As I have come to see that downloading from the Net takes a very long time and drains my battery as well....please is there any particular place you could recommend to me , where I can get AutoCAD and maybe a structural software (such as orion) to buy? Please I need your input on this. Thanks
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Obidikejr(m): 2:29am On Oct 21, 2017
sentaljohn:
Long time guys! Am back.....
i'll be dropping tutorial links here very soon.

Let the weakness of concrete be mend with steel tension. Let the laziness of steel be dazed with concrete compression. If the soil can consolidate, the mason will jubilate...

Lol.... I would love to learn any of orion, staad pro, sap 2000. ..is there a Whatsapp group for this thread ? Pls add 07014368896
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Obidikejr(m): 2:37am On Oct 21, 2017
sentaljohn:

Yea! that calculation of materials volume is not straight forward...or mayb it's because am teachin myself..

am proficient with the use of Orion.. would be glad to help if u wanna start

Pls @sentaljohn pls do you know where I can learn any of orion , staad pro, etabs or sap2000? I am based in Abuja/Minna
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Obidikejr(m): 2:41am On Oct 21, 2017
ayuseyuse:

Pls where are u based?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Obidikejr(m): 2:43am On Oct 21, 2017
sentaljohn:
This thread is created with the aim of helping each other by sharing ideas and tips on how to solve various CADS problems.

would be glad to help on any bottleneck......

Orion
Prokon
Staadpro
Risa3D
AutoCAD civil 3D
Revit Structure/Achitecture
Autodesk Robot
AutoCAD structural detailing
Tekla structures
CSC Tedds
and so many more

To do list!!
Midas Civil
CSI bridge
Fastrak
Autodesk Infraworks
Autodesk Navisworks

My bottleneck is that ion know how to use any of this software's in carrying out analysis ,design and/or detailing. I only know manual calculations and it can be cumbersome.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 8:18am On Oct 21, 2017
anneboleyn:
@sentaljohn, I have decided to go with installing the software from a software vendor. As I have come to see that downloading from the Net takes a very long time and drains my battery as well....please is there any particular place you could recommend to me , where I can get AutoCAD and maybe a structural software (such as orion) to buy? Please I need your input on this. Thanks

are you downloading via phone or laptop

downloading on net takes time..datz very true depending on the size of what u are donloading...what do is to just add files to my bitttorrrent and continue surfing the net....anyttime my laptop is on, the download begins automatically once dere's internet connection...the lastt file I downloaded was NBA with size of 50Gig....spent about 9 days downloading this by spending an average of 4hrs online daily......the sad truth is dat it takes time.....but trust me, you need torrent

when it comes to getting a vendor, it depends on ur pocket size.... I believe the only certified vendor of autodesk product in Nigeria is in Covenant university.....

there are hundred of local vendors...depends on ur location..but, 99 percent don't know what each of the software they sell does....so, I believe you just have to leave it to chance...coz they r as good as d roadside vendor.

About recommending someone......where is your location?

I don't know how my schedule is gonna be as time is a factor, wudav just send dem to you via Google drive...or any other means
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 8:41am On Oct 21, 2017
Obidikejr:

Lol.... I would love to learn any of orion, staad pro, sap 2000. ..is there a Whatsapp group for this thread ? Pls add 07014368896

No bro! There is no whatsapp group for this.....Just nairaland
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 8:50am On Oct 21, 2017
Obidikejr:

Pls @sentaljohn pls do you know where I can learn any of orion , staad pro, etabs or sap2000? I am based in Abuja/Minna

this is from what I posted b4...

Permit me to break the rule small by deviating a lil bit.
Since everything we do here should be free

There's a brand that offers all Civil Engineering Software
indept training all across the country which I also
belong.. all you need to do is to have access to Internet
(about 1gig) as yu'd be receiving and also sending
videos...dependiing on d location, it can be a virtual
thing...
Don't lettme spill too much.....sorry for d advert

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ghanaian Professional Women Mourners Paid To Cry At Burial Of Strangers / 7 Months Pregnant Female Vulcanizer Spotted In Bomadi Delta State [video] / I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.