Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship (2291 Views)

5 Important Ingredients For A Happy Marriage / The Most Important Quality A Man Or Woman Needs In A Partner. / Has There Been Any Successful Relationship On Nairaland ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by safarigirl(f): 9:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
Whenever people are asked about what makes a successful relationship, you encounter various answers ranging from money to power, patience, generosity, tolerance, communication and the likes.

Having observed a good number of relationships, I have beeen able to narrow down the secrets of a successful relationship into 2 factors:

1) Attraction:
This is the first thing that most people consider when going into a relationship. Am I physically attracted to this person? Is he/she someone I can show off to my friends andd family? Is he or she someone I wouldn't mind being seen with in public? Does he or she fit my description of the ideal man/woman physically or at least meet up with certain points?

A good number of people consider these angles ands i've realised that while a few people like to downplay attraction, it plays a major role in every relationship. If a girl has envisioned Bryan Okwara as her ideal man, she'll not be quite as happy settling with Mr.Ibu. She may be able to work around a Ken Erics though. Same as if a guy has envisioned Genevieve Nnaji, he isn't likely to be fulfilled with a Helen Paul, but he wouldn't mind a Rita Dominic.

It's mostly about staying within one's comfort zone, a total turn around from one's original requirements could lead to lack of fulfillment in the relationship as well as infidelity in the long run.

2) Common Interests:
In my opinion, this is the most important ingredient in any relationship. It's not enough to be attracted to someone, it is also imperative that both partners share common interests.

A guy who has a love for gadgets, sports, history, business investments and generally all things intellectual, won't be fulfilled in a relationship with a girl who leans more towards a love for shoes, reality shows, fashion and mundane things. A geek and a Barbie would rarely get along.

In the same way, a relationship where there's a generational gap between the couples usually isn't as successful as one where there isn't. Where a 21 year old gets married to a 40 year old, a conflict of interests could arise. What topics would they discuss? What are their opinions on certain facets of life? Although in some cases, the generational gap isn't really present sue to a case of old souls and young hearts, most times, this brings a strain in relationships.

Another point here is where an educated person gets with an illiterate. There's rarely anything to discuss and communication being a key to any good relationship, the lack of a common ground leads to a vacuum. What will you two discuss? Can he contribute to a discussion in your field? Can his friends and yours get along? Can you hang with each other's friends? What links you both?

Where there is no common interest, it rarely culminates to a successful relationship.

Exemption:

As much as both points are important, to some extent, I feel like common interests can override attraction in some cases. case-in-point, you could meet someone who doesn't necessarily have the looks that float your boat, but attration could arise from interaction. You could see a guy who isn't good-looking but has an attractive personality (funny, kind, mature...) getting with a girl who should be a beauty queen. And vice versa.

But attraction can NOT override common interests. I don't care if you've been looking for Lynxx all your life as a career woman, if he lands at your doorstep and has the IQ of Pinky in Pinky and the Brain, it just won't work. No matter how hot Mark Zuckerberg may think Kim Kardashian is, a relationship with her just won't work due to a conflict of interests.

Well guys, that's my peronal view.....what do you guys think? And please, be polite. Obrigado smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by barackohandso(m): 9:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
~
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by sinaj(f): 9:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
*yawns nd stretches*

falls back to slip*

1 Like

Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Good safarigirl.. But what interest me most is you continuing your story..

1 Like

Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by TrishaP(f): 10:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Twaci(f): 10:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
prettydiva89:
Good safarigirl.. But what interest me most is you continuing your story..
Seconded!
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 22, 2015
Posters above me have truncated the hope of this thread hitting FP
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by tinuolababy(f): 10:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
Op= On Point
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Dygeasy(m): 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
G
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by 1stola: 10:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
In case...
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by braine(m): 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
Attraction(looking good)/sex! Can't be over emphasised.
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Euphrosyne(m): 10:56pm On Apr 22, 2015
In case of incasity
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by OohMpa: 11:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nice post

Don't forget: Dïck, pünny, bwest, big nyash, wide lips, flat tummy, Crayfish, Tomato, Seasoning, Pepper, Curry, Beetroot, okpa, ukpaka, nchawi, kunu and the mama of all ingledients: GOLD CIRCLE!!!!! angry

Thank ooh Mpa later angry

1 Like

Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by LewisO: 11:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
This list is just 5% of it.

U need to be very much attractive to each other too.

1 Like

Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:22am On Apr 23, 2015
Interesting analysis..
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by passionate88: 6:46am On Apr 23, 2015
angryangry
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by FLAWLES(f): 6:48am On Apr 23, 2015
Seriously all diz relationship list don de taya person
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by sinizia: 7:17am On Apr 23, 2015
Those two factors are just quarter of the ingredients... Others includes;

- Finance
- Understanding
- Trust
- Good sex
- Communication
- Sacrifice
- Genuine love
- Fidelity etc.
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by safarigirl(f): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2015
sinizia:
Those two factors are just quarter of the ingredients... Others includes;

- Finance
- Understanding
- Trust
- Good sex
- Communication
- Sacrifice
- Genuine love
- Fidelity etc.
most of these fall under common interests and attraction.

Without attraction you can't have good sex and fidelity and without common interests, you can't have finance, communication, sacrifice, understanding, andd genuine love involves both points
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by sinizia: 10:16am On Apr 23, 2015
safarigirl:
most of these fall under common interests and attraction.

Without attraction you can't have good sex and fidelity and without common interests, you can't have finance, communication, sacrifice, understanding, andd genuine love involves both points

Attraction doesn't equate to good sex. I can be attracted to someone and be a one-minute man. And also, I can be attracted and still cheat on you with another girl. So being attracted to someone is not enough.
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by bayulll01(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2015
Common safari that can't be all,don't be lazy nice thread post though
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2015
FLAWLES:
Seconded embarassed
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by safarigirl(f): 12:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
bayulll01:
Common safari that can't be all,don't be lazy nice thread post though
lol.....my oga, long time. Hope you're good
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Rapsodee(m): 1:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
Owk. I don hear
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by bayulll01(m): 1:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
safarigirl:
lol.....my oga, long time. Hope you're good

BEen good,u just disappear how is school
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
French Novelist Antoine de Saint-Exupery was quoted to have said, "Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".

I'd say he was half-right.
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by safarigirl(f): 5:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
bayulll01:

BEen good,u just disappear how is school
school is fine o....I've been low-key, too much NL drama
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by Minet16(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
FLAWLES:

write your own na, maybe e go bring liveliness

1 Like

Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by bayulll01(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
safarigirl:
school is fine o....I've been low-key, too much NL drama

Lol is good,sometimes I just read comment and disappear,many kids on Nl now
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by safarigirl(f): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
bayulll01:

Lol is good,sometimes I just read comment and disappear,many kids on Nl now
I swear down. Too many people taking stuff personal and bringing words that have no business in discussions...e tire pesin
Re: Most Important Ingredients To A Successful Relationship by bayulll01(m): 7:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
safarigirl:
I swear down. Too many people taking stuff personal and bringing words that have no business in discussions...e tire pesin

Watin person go do,make we just dey look them,na nl give the mouthpiece so make dem use am wella,what do u think about keshi second coming

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Dear Girls From A Fellow Girl / She Want Me To Have Six With Her / Self Servicing Is Better Than Dating Nigerian Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.