Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke (24773 Views)

Nigeria Audits 33 Companies, Uncovers N450b Unremitted Revenue / Senate President, Bukola Saraki Reads Riot Act On Unremitted Funds / NNPC Has No Record Of Nigeria's Actual Crude Oil Production Per Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by taakper: 9:37am On Apr 23, 2015
See her mouth like bull dog,,,,twalle for general,,,,watching with ma 3D glass
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 23, 2015
Nigerians wea shocked when d supposed 20bn turned out to be 1.48, my question is why are we hell bent on believing dis lady is looting ur country dry?? Y was d outrage DAT greeted d 20bn not transferred to d legislators stalling d PIB?? 9jerians really do languish in ignorance Nd thank God PWC is a reputable firm worldwide Nd forensic audit is 99% accurate so dey respect dea integrity more Dan any political balderdash
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by killm: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2015
Wait first na, shei they invited PWC to do some auditing, and they confirmed nothing was missing. LIE LIE oo, that 40billion dollars must fall out.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by barnacle: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2015
alison madueke be lyk* I did not steal d moni buh tnk God..d moni has been found.i checked my account this morning n i saw it dre so m been a gud samaritan n ill retrn it to nnpc
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by sukkot: 9:57am On Apr 23, 2015
buahahaha the hunting dog of the gods is about to mount up. yall need to study celestial signs. buhari is not an ordinary normal human being. people dont fear ordinary normal human beings like this. he is on a mission from the gods. he is one of the human angels on earth. the day he was appointed there was a celestial sign at exactly nine o clock the hour of atonement. see many of you fail to realize we live in a spiritual world and these body we have is just meat. its nothing. the spirit of all those looters know who buhari is. they know he is an angel from the gods. a hunter. and he will start hunting on the 29th of may. THE HOUR OF ATONEMENT IS HERE. SO IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE LOOTERS OR CHILDREN OF THE LOOTERS READING THIS POST, LET ME JUST TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, 2015 HENCEFORTH IS GOING TO BE A VERY BAD YEAR FOR YOU. YOU MAY LOSE YOUR LIFE, HEALTH, FREEDOM OR SANITY AND DEFINITELY ALL YOUR ILL GAINS. M106 GALAXY OF STARS HARVEST TIME

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 23, 2015
jide53:

The Minister of Petroleum Resources Mrs. Diezani Alison-Madueke, on Wednesday disclosed that the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation has started refunding the $1.48bn unremitted fund into the Federation Account as recommended by an audit firm, PriceWaterHouse Coopers.

She however did not disclose how much has for far been refunded by the corporation.

She also denied reports that she was seeking the assistance of some highly-placed persons in order to escape prosecution for alleged corruption from the incoming administration of the President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari.

Alison-Madueke spoke with State House correspondents at the end of the weekly meeting of Federal Executive Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

It will be recalled the Federation Account Allocation Committee had on Monday night constituted a committee to find out the reasons for the delay in the refund of the sum.

PriceWaterHouse Coopers had in the report of its forensic audit report of the corporation recommended that the NNPC should refund the amount to the Federation Account.

Alison-Madueke however explained that the unremitted fund was owed by the NPDC for a block that had been assigned from the NNPC to the NPDC.

She said, “The PriceWaterHouse Coopers forensic audit that was done few weeks ago in his recommendation mentioned that $1.48bn was owed by the NPDC for a block that had hitherto been assigned from the NNPC to the NPDC which is its subsidiary.

“They felt that the right process would be that the NPDC will refund that money to the Federation Account. The NPDC has apparently started those refunds and it is also in discussion with the NNPC and the DPR on same. So the refund has actually began.”

While saying that the payment was being done under her directive, she insisted that the sum was not missing but transferred by the NNPC to the NPDC.

The minister also denied media reports that she was reaching out to some prominent Nigerians, including a former military Head of State, Gen. Abdusalami Abubakar (retd.), to seek soft landing from the incoming government.

She said she had in the course of her job as minister met with elder statesmen across the country and wondered why her meeting with Abubakar would be singled out.

The minister said she could not be seeking for a soft landing because she was not aware that she had committed any crime.

She said, “I have not sought such assistance because I am not aware that I have been indicted of any crime that I will need a soft landing.

“Over the last four years, I have many times been unfortunately accused and libelled in so many malicious and vindictive ways.

“I have explained these things and pushed back robustly on these accusations and I have even gone to court on many of them. Yet, they keep being regurgitated.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/nnpc-has-started-refunding-unremitted-1-48bn-alison-madueke/
fear don enter her panties.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by madjune(m): 10:04am On Apr 23, 2015
afoo02:
Thank God Buhari won the election, this money for not return if na oga Jona won ooooo

That's what most Tanoids and uninformed Nigerian didn't know when few of us where clamouring for Buhari last year.

I'm the happiest man knowing our prayer was answered.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by jide53: 10:10am On Apr 23, 2015
gen2briz:

You really summarize the tori wella..

The fear of Buhari and jail the the beginning of well behavior.

Thanks, no need to waste time dey read long news
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by willycrown: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2015
Igwe9:
This is the type of headline that attracts curse to it's author, why would you summarise the post to make it appear as if there was a collaboration between the minister and the NNPC to divert the fund? Post the full version.

The heart of men they say are desperately wicked!

"You can never be wrong betting on the stupidity of Nigerians"

I was very angry when I first heard this but of late, I have come to agree that it is the truth.

It is my personal opinion that the biggest problem facing Nigeria is the fact that we have totally become a country of non thinking morons. And the integrity vacuous politicians and media are using this to feed us hogwash.

I mean, the PwC audit showed that of the $49billion (or $12b, or $10b, or $20b) alleged by Sanusi to have been missing, nothing was actuaully missing. It is pertinent to note again that the $1.48bn was not part of the alleged unremitted revenues from crude oil sales

In the course of carrying out comprehensive audit, PwC recommended that NNPC remit $1.48b. This amount was the balance of the book value of the divested assets that were transferred to NNPC upstream subsidiary, NPDC.

So, the money was never stolen nor embezzled by any individual. Rather, it has been in the book of NPDC all along. This invariably means the money has been in the balance sheet of Nigeria since NPDC belongs to Nigeria.

Any body with an IQ of even 70 will know that it is not possible that $20b will be taken from the federal covers. For crying out loud, the total revenue of the federal government of Nigeria was less than $20 billion last year!

Lastly, the bitter truth Nigerians need to realize is that, our dear country, Nigeria is an EXTREMELY poor country.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by chachanga: 10:30am On Apr 23, 2015
Pangea:
Jonathan!
See your life!
Stealing is not corruption?
Your goons are already cooperating even before Buhari's swearing in!

Don't mind the philandering klepto-hag, in a country where a young lady is being sentenced 266yrs for stealing N8m, this one should be sentenced for a Millennium like her boyfriend lucifer.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by PietroRico(m): 10:53am On Apr 23, 2015
onfu1968:
A female staff of popular eatery, Sweet Sensation, Oluremi Olayinka was on Wednesday convicted and sentenced to 266 years imprisonment by Justice A.A Akinyemi of Ogun State High Court, Abeokuta, for stealing N8million belonging to her employer.

The offence is contrary to sections 390(6)(7)(cool, 467 and 468 respectively of the Criminal Code Law Cap 29, Laws of Ogun State.

The court found the convict guilty on all the 34-count charges. She was sentenced to seven years on each of 30 counts and 14 years on the remaining four charges. The sentences are to run concurrently.

Additionally, Justice Akinyemi ordered her to return the money she stole in restitution to her victim.

Ms. Olayinka was arraigned before Justice Akinyemi on May 13, 2014 following a petition, alleging that she stole the sum of N8,000,000 (Eight Million Naira), which she received on behalf of her employer.

When the convict was confronted with the allegation, she admitted the crime only for her to dramatically pleaded not guilty upon arraignment.

In the course of trial, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission presented four witnesses and tendered 16 exhibits to prove its case against the convict.

Sorry, can some one help me with this simple Arithmetics?

If N8,000,000.00=266Years, How many Years will it be for $1.48 Billion? Given that $1=N206.

Kindly help, iam on hot seat. Thank you.
almost 10 million years grin
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by ludamix(m): 11:19am On Apr 23, 2015
Who is Allison Madueke deceiving?
Which report is she talking about? Is it not the same report dem no release make we see?
She no well. I just pity her ajebo body for kuje prison
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by dammytosh: 11:44am On Apr 23, 2015
And saTANists and other e-rats are writing long passage stating why Buhari will likely fail.

This is one of the reasons we chose the change we believed in.

This money will NEVER be returned if GEJ were to be there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by manutdadex(m): 11:52am On Apr 23, 2015
BashMe1:
Shey Woman yii Gbadun sha, Wah About D alleged missing 20billion Dollars?

Deziani abi Kiloruko e se je naa, gv ursef brain o. we no be mugu
alleged? we can't keep ruining people's rep based on allegations.. in an ideal society this woman is being victimize. allegations every where!!
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by manutdadex(m): 11:55am On Apr 23, 2015
bayulll01:

According to dr fayemi there are lots of money the NNPC has not remitted into the federation accounts,he said such money are either stolen,mismanaged or not accounted for,he says there is a comprehensive report the gej administrations refuse to make available to the media concerning pwc reports,he said this report will be make available to the populace after the transition..fayemi

Expect more stories that touch the hearth after may 29,can't wait
Fayemi?? ekiti state ex gov? seriously??

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by modskiller(m): 12:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
This one that jail is cheaper than MTN call tariff, you better refund the full money. BTW, what's wrong with Jonathan and his cohorts, they all want to be rich forever, are they MayBach Music Empire angry.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Aroh48(m): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dis woman fyn oooo!make she gv me one nyt,her lyf wil neva remain d same.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by nas4q(m): 12:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
Every unaccountable money should be returned b4 may29. If the general gets 2 discover it by himself, na double wahala for deadi body o...
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by mikkymax20(m): 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
The fear of Buhari is d begining of profit... Them go fear
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by unclejb2(m): 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
walemoney007:
The wind of changes is really blowin alison madueke,by d tym baba takes ova on may 29,d wind of change will blow her into kirikiri.
If Buhari wants to probe NNPC, he must start from 1999.

After May 29....... #Buharibringoutyourgirls
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Chivasex: 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
big SHAME
This is just the beginning
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by FOREXMARTS: 2:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
LordCenturion:
See thief, opolo eyes, the money is $20b, either u return it or not, u will rot in jail, u stewpid arm robber
Lol@ "arm robber". Did she steal your "arm"? .
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by walemoney007(m): 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2015
unclejb2:
If Buhari wants to probe NNPC, he must start from 1999.

After May 29....... #Buharibringoutyourgirls
what stop GEJ from probin NNPC from 1999.buhari will start from 2011,if u dont lik dat,u r free to jump into d lagoon

1 Like

Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Hugo7(m): 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
This is just the begining Sanusi said. Money was missing the rubbuished and removed him.Return all the dollars Mrs.All other sectors should also get ready Aviation and co.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by crownzade(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Imagine, If Sanusi had not voiced out that would have been the end of the money.

This is an indication that there are still some other 'Monies' that we have not heard.
Thank God Buhari has said he will publish the PWC audit report for all to see.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by sevule(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
willycrown:

"You can never be wrong betting on the stupidity of Nigerians"

I was very angry when I first heard this but of late, I have come to agree that it is the truth.

It is my personal opinion that the biggest problem facing Nigeria is the fact that we have totally become a country of non thinking morons. And the integrity vacuous politicians and media are using this to feed us hogwash.

I mean, the PwC audit showed that of the $49billion (or $12b, or $10b, or $20b) alleged by Sanusi to have been missing, nothing was actuaully missing. It is pertinent to note again that the $1.48bn was not part of the alleged unremitted revenues from crude oil sales

In the course of carrying out comprehensive audit, PwC recommended that NNPC remit $1.48b. This amount was the balance of the book value of the divested assets that were transferred to NNPC upstream subsidiary, NPDC.

So, the money was never stolen nor embezzled by any individual. Rather, it has been in the book of NPDC all along. This invariably means the money has been in the balance sheet of Nigeria since NPDC belongs to Nigeria.

Any body with an IQ of even 70 will know that it is not possible that $20b will be taken from the federal covers. For crying out loud, the total revenue of the federal government of Nigeria was less than $20 billion last year!

Lastly, the bitter truth Nigerians need to realize is that, our dear country, Nigeria is an EXTREMELY poor country.

You lament about the so called stupidity of Nigerians but then you go ahead to write a post filled with illogical and baseless arguments. What Sanusi simply said is that NNPC COULD NOT account for $20 billion!! There is a HUGE difference between saying NNPC stole $20 billion and NNPC CANNOT account for $20 billion so please stop foaming at the mouth.

In case you have forgotten, let me refresh your memory and remind you of the function of the CBN. The CBN is the Federal Government's banker and ALL ministries including NNPC are expected to remit ALL revenue to the CBN, plain and simple!! Unfortunately We have gotten to the point where the NNPC has become its own bank and decides how much to remit the the government coffers in
DIRECT CONTRAVENTION of our constitution! Basically Sanusi was saying that the NNPC COULD NOT account for $20 billion. Whether the money was with the NPDC or Diezani herself is not the point.

You then went ahead to say that anybody with an IQ of 70 will know that it is not possible for $20b to be taken. Your argument is so illogical that it bothers on the ridiculous. Sanusi NEVER said that $20 billion was taken in one year. You are making a flawed assumption that the money was taken in one year when you have NO IDEA as to the time frame he was referring to. For all we know he could have been referring to a period spanning 10 years.

Events that have happened thus far has definitely vindicated Sanusi
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by mjames: 10:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
This is just the beginning
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by lebienconnu: 11:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Yet, some enemy of progress do not want this change from bad to good. We thank God for this positive change. In the immediate future, Nigerians will be respected as people of honor and integrity. I remember that guy that trekked from Lagos to Abuja just to keep his words. This change shall be continuous except maybe some people who fought so hard against it.

One should not talk too much o. Those anti-progressives can do anything to spoil one's name. From hacking into your accounts to post comments that can put your life in line to twisting your statements.
Re: NNPC Has Started Refunding Unremitted $1.48bn - Alison-Madueke by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 12, 2015
Ultrame:
Refund from where exactly? her personal account? under her bed? inside her wardrobe? This lady is gradually coming to terms with what is coming. Better fire!
https://www.nairaland.com/2304286/what-listening-right-now-part

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose: “I Won’t Dignify An Assembly Of Clowns With My Presence” / Keyamo Halts Nigeria Air Project, Reverses Concession Of Airports / Osinbajo & Amaechi At Railway Steering Committee Inaguration(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.