Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,551 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry (4709 Views)

PDP Members Defecting To APC Are Hungry - Ekweremadu / Forget 2019, Nigerians Are Hungry - Atiku / Video: Nnamdi Kanu Allows His Handcuffs To Be Remove At Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by HammedSodiqq: 11:49pm On Apr 22, 2015
Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry

Men in Saudi Arabia are allowed to eat their wives but only if they are extremely hungry.

Saudi Arabian grand *mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah allegedly issued the guidelines to allow a husband to eat his wife’s body parts in extreme circumstances. The cleric is reported to have said the ruling represents the “sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband” causing outrage of human rights campaigners.
Saudi Arabian grand mufti Sheikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah allegedly issued the guidelines to allow a husband to eat his wife

A statement reportedly from the cleric’s office said: “A fatwa attributed to the Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah, which allows a man to eat his wife or parts of her body if the husband was afflicted with a severe hunger, raised concern and debate over social media since yesterday evening. The fatwa is interpreted as evidence of the sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband and her desire for the two to become one.”

The controversial Muslim leader has previously called on all churches to be destroyed under Islamic law. But his latest declaration is yet to appear on his official website and no confirmation of its legitimacy has been made. Religious authorities denied he made such claims adding that this statement was fabricated.

Saudi Arabia has an appalling record on human rights, including against women

“These ill thoughts cannot come from any Muslim, regardless of a great scholar who Muslims refer to from around the world,”  Khalid ben Abdel-Rahman El-Shaye, assistant secretary general of the Global Commission for Introducing the Messenger, affiliating to the Muslim World League, said.

*A Mufti is a Muslim legal expert who is empowered to give rulings on religious matters.

http://www.naij.com/426315-religious-leader-allows-men-to-eat-wives-if-they-are-hungry.html
Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by shevi4mb(m): 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
There is no room for cannibalism in islam...who ever is saying this, either mufti or uniform, i dn't care...or maybe they got him wrong... Enemies of Islam everywhere

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by kilokeys(m): 11:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
do they mean eat pvsyy when extremely s.x starved?

or literally cannibalise their wives?

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by jaysniggs: 11:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
It is well

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by ammyluv2002(f): 12:04am On Apr 23, 2015
shevi4mb:
There is no room for cannibalism in islam...who ever is saying this, either mufti or uniform, i dn't care...or maybe they got him wrong... Enemies of Islam everywhere
Seconded

7 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by kinibigdeal(m): 12:06am On Apr 23, 2015
Then ifeann was right!
Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 23, 2015
Love to hear d views of my brothers and sisters dat are muslims

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by mike404(m): 12:12am On Apr 23, 2015
ammyluv2002:
Seconded
SO YOU'VE JOINED THE MOST PEACEFUL RELIGION ON EARTH ANYWAY CONGRATS

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by ammyluv2002(f): 12:18am On Apr 23, 2015
mike404:
SO YOU'VE JOINED THE MOST PEACEFUL RELIGION ON EARTH ANYWAY CONGRATS
I'm a Christian and will forever be but that doesn't mean i shouldn't be truthful. No religion on earth will ever teach such

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by mike404(m): 12:26am On Apr 23, 2015
ammyluv2002:
I'm a Christian and will forever be but that doesn't mean i shouldn't be truthful. No religion on earth will ever teach such
DO YOU UNDERSTAND ARABIC HAVE YOU READ AL QURAN BEFORE IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO THEN STFU

5 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by ammyluv2002(f): 12:28am On Apr 23, 2015
mike404:
DO YOU UNDERSTAND ARABIC HAVE YOU READ AL QURAN BEFORE IF YOUR ANSWER IS NO THEN STFU
undecided

3 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by shikshark: 12:36am On Apr 23, 2015
churches should be preparing for converted muslim wives this year

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 23, 2015
kilokeys:
do they mean eat pvsyy when extremely s.x starved?

or literally cannibalise their wives?
My questions exactly.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by cbrass(m): 1:11am On Apr 23, 2015
This Muslims and their never ending heresies sef angry

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by cbrass(m): 1:13am On Apr 23, 2015
misscastle:

My questions exactly.

The shiek is not a nairaland pervert so he meant the real eating grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by BlackGirlsCode: 1:13am On Apr 23, 2015
I hope this is the usual Christian propaganda.........Christians: children of hate and anger.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by abduljabbar4(m): 1:16am On Apr 23, 2015
shevi4mb:
I'm only commenting because of you. Don't ever comment on threads like this because its either the op created it ot the website is anti Islam. That man can dare not say that in Saudi Arabia. As a graduate in Islamic studies I know that there's nothing like that in the Islamic laws

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Empiree: 3:35am On Apr 23, 2015
Saudi grand mufti DENIES issuing fatwa permitting man to chop up and eat wife in event of extreme hunger

Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah, the grand mufti who is the highest religious figure in Saudi Arabia, has said the alleged fatwa was peddled by anti-Saudi forces and was not issued by him.

In a statement released via the Saudi Press Agency, the cleric said: "The fatwa attributed to us is wrong. It is nothing but lies ... It has been circulated to distort the image of Islam, which has elevated and granted a dignified status to men and women without exceptions..."

The fatwa, an Islamic edict, was widely attributed to the mufti of Saudi mufti though it was not formally announced.

Religious authorities were quick to point out the Saudi mufti did not issue any such fatwa to quell the speculation.

"The truth is that this is fabricated and made up from its basis. These ill thoughts cannot come from any Muslim, regardless of a great scholar who Muslims refer to from around the world. It was made up to create this confusion and damage," Khalid ben Abdel-Rahman El-Shaye, assistant secretary general of the Global Commission for Introducing the Messenger, affiliating to the Muslim World League, told CNN Arabic.

According to local reports, the alleged fatwa "allows a man to eat his wife or parts of her body, if the husband was afflicted with a severe hunger. The fatwa is interpreted as evidence of the sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband and her desire for the two to become one".

The reported fatwa has stoked controversy as many derided it over various social media platforms.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-grand-mufti-issues-fatwa-permitting-man-chop-off-eat-wife-event-extreme-hunger-1495591

People should becareful of non-muslim bigots, especially Judeo/christian terrorists hell-bent on creating false alarm about islam. May God's curse be upon them.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Empiree: 4:00am On Apr 23, 2015
myhoodlink
Empiree:
Saudi grand mufti denies issuing fatwa permitting man to chop up and eat wife in event of extreme hunger

Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah, the grand mufti who is the highest religious figure in Saudi Arabia, has said the alleged fatwa was peddled by anti-Saudi forces and was not issued by him.

In a statement released via the Saudi Press Agency, the cleric said: "The fatwa attributed to us is wrong. It is nothing but lies ... It has been circulated to distort the image of Islam, which has elevated and granted a dignified status to men and women without exceptions..."

The fatwa, an Islamic edict, was widely attributed to the mufti of Saudi mufti though it was not formally announced.

Religious authorities were quick to point out the Saudi mufti did not issue any such fatwa to quell the speculation.

"The truth is that this is fabricated and made up from its basis. These ill thoughts cannot come from any Muslim, regardless of a great scholar who Muslims refer to from around the world. It was made up to create this confusion and damage," Khalid ben Abdel-Rahman El-Shaye, assistant secretary general of the Global Commission for Introducing the Messenger, affiliating to the Muslim World League, told CNN Arabic.

According to local reports, the alleged fatwa "allows a man to eat his wife or parts of her body, if the husband was afflicted with a severe hunger. The fatwa is interpreted as evidence of the sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband and her desire for the two to become one".

The reported fatwa has stoked controversy as many derided it over various social media platforms.
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-grand-mufti-issues-fatwa-permitting-man-chop-off-eat-wife-event-extreme-hunger-1495591

People should becareful of non-muslim bigots, especially Judeo/christian terrorists hell-bent in creating false alarm about islam. May God's curse be upon them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by OneNaira6: 4:07am On Apr 23, 2015
Hiah! I have respect for every religion but honestly, Islam needs to go. That's the worst religion on Earth.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Empiree: 4:20am On Apr 23, 2015
OneNaira6:
Hiah! I have respect for every religion but honestly, Islam needs to go. That's the worst religion on Earth.
Are you blind?. Are you kidding?. You dont see op posted lies by alarmists on the internet?. I just posted Sheik's response denying such religious edict. Dont tell me you dont see it.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Empiree: 4:21am On Apr 23, 2015
Empiree:
Saudi grand mufti denies issuing fatwa permitting man to chop up and eat wife in event of extreme hunger

People should becareful of non-muslim bigots, especially Judeo/christian terrorists hell-bent in creating false alarm about islam. May God's curse be upon them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by onyi4edu(f): 4:38am On Apr 23, 2015
I hope this is not true. Eat their wives in extreme hunger? Did anyone see this part "The fatwa is interpreted as evidence of the sacrifice of women and obedience to her husband and her desire for the two to become one"
Hmmmmmm God will help we women

I doubt the story sha

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by falcon01: 5:03am On Apr 23, 2015
people always say bad things about islam just to give it a bad face and also dont forget that there are differnt categories of muslim as stated by the prophet and He says among all those categories only one will enter paradise. He even said the christans will devide into many categories only one of them also will enter paradise.. And is surely among the signs of the last day. So it is left to you use your brain an find out what is right.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Ifeann(f): 6:08am On Apr 23, 2015
kinibigdeal:
Then ifeann was right!

I am right about a lot of things about Islam but I have never seen a hadith or quran verse that promotes eating wives. The man who allegedly made this pronouncement is most likely growing senile and creating his own Islam.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by kinibigdeal(m): 9:29am On Apr 23, 2015
Ifeann:

I am right about a lot of things about Islam but I have never seen a hadith or quran verse that promotes eating wives. The man who allegedly made this pronouncement is most likely growing senile and creating his own Islam.

I don't like commenting much on religion in other to forestall peace and avoid much argument, don't be too surprise when the sheik will quote a verse in the quran backing up is point. Have been following your thread somehow, most of what you have been saying are nothing but an aorta of truth but you need to be careful though.
Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Trailblazer1(m): 9:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Islam is the bane of world civilisation

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by kay1one2(m): 10:16am On Apr 23, 2015
Empiree:

Your mother first! Dumb low life!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 23, 2015
shikshark:
churches should be preparing for converted muslim wives this year
iffa hear. fear no go gree them convert. they for done convert since.
Re: Muslim Religious Leader Allows Men To Eat Wives If They Are Hungry by kay1one2(m): 10:22am On Apr 23, 2015
BlackGirlsCode:
I hope this is the usual Christian propaganda.........Christians: children of hate and anger.

Like your parents!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Ihejirika Wrote About Igbos On His Facebook Wall?…… Foolish Igbos. / Why Are Yorubas Anti-saraki? / El Rufai Moves Against Dunamis Church In Kaduna Set To Destroy Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.