Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba (67229 Views)

Stolen Money Are Buried In Caskets & Uncompleted Buildings – Dino Melaye / 'You Will Die Before Mr President' Written On A Car In Abuja (Photo) / Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by datribune: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
Icecomrade:

Am an Ngwa Indigene, but I think Abia state is just tired of PDP govt. They have been ruling that state for eternity yet nothing to show for it.

Parading ano Ngwa person in this election is just another decoy by PDP to stay in power. I wish we could close our eyes and vote out this nonsense party called PDP which has promoted only corruption n inpunity.

We need change abeg.

PDP is no longer a formidable force in Nigerian politics. its no longer a gurantee that only that party can produce a governor

If we make the mistake of voting PDP now, be rest assure that come 2019 PDP will see total colapse and the so called Ngwa agenda will only last for 4yrs which is not enough for any infastural development.

While Oba Akiolu may hav upset many igbo wit his comments he knew exactly what was happening & was very angry - d igbo were willing to jeopardize d progress lagos has made in d last 16yrs by voting-in d dysfunctional PDP just to spite & get back at Tinubu whom they hold responsible 4 their Azikiwe's loss at d polls. Before Agbaje d divisive politics of indegenes & non-indegenes in lagos was almost non-existent. Unfortunately d igbo fell victim to dis despicable brand of politics. I'm happy dat d patriotic people of lagos state rejected Agbaje, d PDP & d igbo agenda 4 lagos. Lagos state will never exchange d progress it has made in d last 16yrs 4 a clueless, discredited & dysfunctional party like d PDP.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Are they trying copy the oba of Lagos?

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by slap1(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
asha80:
Pdp in abia is just danm crude.i hope the know the foundation of what they are laying
That's a tip of what awaits the state if the PDP wins. The caskets are located at different parts of the town. I wish people would see this as what it is -- an affront -- and vote out the PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Icecomrade: 3:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
datribune:

While Oba Akiolu may hav upset many igbo wit his comments he knew exactly what was happening & was very angry - d igbo were willing to jeopardize d progress lagos has made in d last 16yrs by voting-in d dysfunctional PDP just to spite & get back at Tinubu whom they hold responsible 4 their Azikiwe's loss at d polls. Before Agbaje d divisive politics of indegenes & non-indegenes in lagos was almost non-existent. Unfortunately d igbo fell victim to dis despicable brand of politics. I'm happy dat d patriotic people of lagos state rejected Agbaje, d PDP & d igbo agenda 4 lagos. Lagos state will never exchange d progress it has made in d last 16yrs 4 a clueless, discredited & dysfunctional party like d PDP.

I just wish fellow citizens like me begin to see and understand that each of these politicians are only struggling to stay relevant. They sell cheap propaganda to us, distort and dislodge our critical reasoning. They know we so gullible.

Fellow Ngwa people. Pls break out and refuse to be so cheaply

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by eagleeye2: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Forget the stories, the ability of the winning a gubernatorial election by Igbo son or daughter of Ngwa extraction in Abia State is not in doubt but the capabilities of political cabals working against Ngwas interests for selfish reasons are insurmountable.
What are you going on and on about? If Ngwas must rule Abia, is it Ikpeazu that is the best candidate from Ngwa?
Why didn't the Ngwas get somebody who won't be a stooge to T.A. Orji?
T.A. Orji, knew what he was doing when he hand picked Ikpeazu against other credible Ngwa men and women. I spoke to some Ngwa people before and after the election, and some of them wanted Otii to win.
Some of us are not blindfolded by this unnecessary sentiment.

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by AnambraDota: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jimi Agbaje is a yolobaman
Ayo Fayose is a yolobaman.
Segun Mimiko is a yolobaman
Bode George is a yolobama.
Adesye Ogunlewe is a yolobaman.
Musliu Obanikoro is a yolobaman.
Jimi's deputy is a yolobawoman.
Jimi's all campaign team were made up of mostly yoloba people.
Many PDP candidates of yoloba extraction won seats in Lagos and supported Jimi as well in Lagos.

May misfortune and disaster visit you for saying only Igbos supported Jimi Agbaje in PDP Lagos state.

May you perish for your hatred for the Igbo people.

May all your evil wishes for Igbos come back to you in trillion folds.

datribune:

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by slap1(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Forget the stories, the ability of the winning a gubernatorial election by Igbo son or daughter of Ngwa extraction in Abia State is not in doubt but the capabilities of political cabals working against Ngwas interests for selfish reasons are insurmountable.
I disagree. When Paul Ikonne was the commissioner for works, he levied tax on traders and destroyed many shops in Aba (over 90% belongs to non-indigenes). From then, people's hatred for the Ngwa increased. Before then, the Ngwa people are avoided and kept at arms length in Aba.
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by vone2000tolu: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
hmmm
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Fresia01(f): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
Chai, is did what they have reduced my beloved state to?? God Save us,!

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by eagleeye2: 3:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
asha80:
well let okezie win if that is the case...but one thing I never want to hear from an abia person or ngwa person later is that abia govt is bad,hopeless and wicked bla bla..i will not even listen to the person..i might even mock the person
I already told those that care to listen that Okezie will spend his first two years at least, paying back T.A. Orji. we saw this play out in 2007 when T.A. won before his eventual falling out with OUK.
I believe history will repeat itself if Okezie wins.

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by ojnnaco(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
Its only in Aba dat pdps campaign with matchet
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by optimismlaz(m): 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
To whom ever that wants to list, those caskets are not from PDP and Ngwa people rather its from the opposition in order to paint Ngwa people black. Please belief it or not Ngwa people have distance themselves from it and have condemned it in totality.
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by datribune: 3:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
AnambraDota:
Jimi Agbaje is a yolobaman
Ayo Fayose is a yolobaman.
Segun Mimiko is a yolobaman
Bode George is a yolobama.
Adesye Ogunlewe is a yolobaman.
Musliu Obanikoro is a yolobaman.
Jimi's deputy is a yolobawoman.
Jimi's all campaign team were made up of mostly yoloba people.
Many PDP candidates of yoloba extraction won seats in Lagos and supported Jimi as well in Lagos.

May misfortune and disaster visit you for saying only Igbos supported Jimi Agbaje in PDP Lagos state.

May you perish for your hatred for the Igbo people.

May all your evil wishes for Igbos come back to you in trillion folds.

When will u hav sense?. How is it my fault dat majority of d supplementary elections ar taking place in igboland?. Listen, u ar ur own worst enemy.
Sadly, u ar too gullible & blinded by hate to see dat d igbo were merely pawns used by those u mentioned who saw how gullible ur hate had made u to think lagos will risk its progress by voting 4 a clueless, dysfunctional & directionless party like d PDP.
Facts will not cease to be facts because u, a unicellular simpleton wit a stupidity gene is throwing tantrums on d forum. Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.
d curses only show d lack of quality in ur upbringing. Grow up, stop whining & playing d victim card.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Chazzyboy: 4:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
Naso my love

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by hoobs(m): 4:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Icecomrade:

Still give respect to the Northners. The understand politics better than lots of regions. The Western part is taking cue. While the South still wallow in the political backwardness

My Ngwa brothers needs to grow up. Why must an Ngwa person be positioned when PDP is opposition?

What has the PDP achieved since 16yrs in Abia state?

What's the guarantee that anything will change?

Is it all about Ngwa people given the dividends of democracy? What about other regions?

Aren't we tired of this PDP govt

The northerns doesn't no shit abt politics,dy jux do wat d elites tel dem,dy jux do wat there shepherd tels dem as sheeps!,itz the yourbas dat I will say dat understands politics,the igbos are very stubborn people dy do not lyk 2 b told wat 2 do by anybody even a king,hence d name Igboamaeze,even if u preach frm now till 2moro,if dy say itz ikpeazu,dy will stil vote him in,nt mindin d consequences

3 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by solayd(m): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
You can't eat your cake and still have it" i thought APGA pledge allegiance to PDP

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by AlomoReloaded: 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
eagleeye2:

I guess you live around Osisioma I saw this same casket at a street just before Osisioma junction.
smh, for PDP
This is not around osisioma..... this is at abayi, close to Romalex Hospital.... ngwa people just dropped it at almost every junction in aba. An average core ngwa man, is too fetish and too devilish to rule abia state!!!!!God forbid the cursed people that did this crap!!!

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

This is not about APGA and PDP judging from all indices. Had T. A. Orji anointed Alex Otti as PDP candidate six months ago, will you separate Alex Otti from T. A Orji.

If Dr Okezie Ikpeazu or Reagan Ufomba was APGA candidate, will you mobilize APGA against Alex Otti's PDP?

You see how deceptive you were in the quoted comment.

You can even see the injustice against Dr Okezie Ikpeazu and the unfair campaign of portraying him as T. A. Orji and nothing more.

The Gubernatorial election in Abia State is no longer a democratic exercise rather a tribal supremacy and contest hence it's now embrassing to analyze in the context of fairness and patriotism.
thank you and also help me ask them why they didn't vote APC's nyerere
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Mcowubaba: 4:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Dr Okezie Ikpeazu is not T. A. Orji nor is he from Umuahia.

Stop this madness, it's no longer funny.
if i am in ABIA anybody that shakes hand with T.A orji-I WILL NOT VOTE 4 D person......pdp is a failure in Abia........tufiakwa..sad hopeless party in Abia

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You must tell yourself the truth and that is T. A. orji has been a disaster to that state. It is so bad that most people don't want anyone or thing associated with that crook.
we know that TA is a bad man but what we don't know is how good a money launderer like otti is
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Scatterboss(m): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
Tosinayoko:
just as the igbo trust PDP-Jimi agbaje in Lagos, we only know, we only trust IKPEAZU of the PDP for abia gubernatorial election.... PDP must WIN

You are right. PDP must win. God bless Ochendo.

5 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
pazienza:
Why have Ngwa people tribalized this Abia elections, is Otti no longer an Ngwa man with Aro roots.

Why are they making it seem like the rest of the Igbo nation in Abia state and beyond have an anti Ngwa agenda. Why have they allowed T.A to brainwash them like this?

Ngwa people should watch it, they are already toeing the "Ikwerre" path, the "we" vs "the rest of the Igbo nation" path. Every Ngwa man is now talking about how the rest of the Igbo nation has been marginalizing them, and seizing the political and economic control of their beloved city Aba. The Ngwa ethnic consciousness is growing, they are being united by a sense of injustice and marginalization by the "Ohuhus" ( other Igbos).

Blind sentiment is now the order of the day, all rationality is being thrown out the window.

If Okezie should lose this election, the Ngwa resentment of the rest of the Igbo nation will increase exponentially, it will reach it's yield point, I fear for Abia and the Igbo nation.

bros you don't know a hoot about what you are talking about

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by pazienza(m): 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
nwadiuko1:
bros you don't know a hoot about what you are talking about

Really? I stay in Aba you know? I am an Ohuhu proper, I know Abia politics fairly well.

I guess you are an Ngwa man.

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by zanga420: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

The intimidation and humiliation from the other camp amid the campaign of calumny against Ngwas is becoming unbearable when in reality the defamators are doing it for selfish interest hence the emergence of Ogbonnaya Onu, Orji Kalu and T. A. Orji as governors and by extension the backwardness of the entire State.

Don't feign ignorance of the hate campaign over decades against the Ngwas in Aba metropolis
pls clarify me, I learnt that Ikpeazu is from ngwa, what of otti & d apc guy which part of abia are they from?
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by Ojiofor: 4:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
datribune:

When will u hav sense?. How is it my fault dat majority of d supplementary elections ar taking place in igboland?. Listen, u ar ur own worst enemy.
Facts will not cease to be facts because u, a unicellular simpleton wit a stupidity gene is throwing tantrums on d forum. Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish. U were merely pawns used by those u mentioned who saw how gullible ur hate had made u to think lagos will risk its progress by voting 4 a clueless, dysfunctional & directionless party like d PDP.
d curses only show d lack of quality in ur upbringing. Grow up, stop whining & playing d victim card.
Why do you assume igbo support for Agbaje was out of hatred for tinubu or yoruba people?Ndigbo lagos and other non indigenes opted for him because he offered them a better and what they considered a fair deal in his government if elected simple.politics is all about interest all over the world,the same reason african Americans are more in support of Democrats than Republicans.its people like you who are playing politics of hate and not the other way round.Ndigbo never sort to use undemocratic means to impose a governor on majority of Lagosians.

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
safarigirl:
that Israeli fellow is an Ngwa man. I know some of them like that. There is one that said if Ikpeazu wins, his father will get a political appointment.

All these Ikpeazu supporters are Ngwa people, not one non-Ngwa supports Ikpeazu. All of them want him in so they too can follow and 'eat' the National cake.

If PDP rigs Ikpeazu in, I pray Buhari reduces the allocation to Abia state if not do to them what PDP was doing to Lagos as an opposition state by withholding their allocation. None of them will even see money to loot.

Most Ngwa people are just cursed
its ur entire generation that is cursed. E,diot

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by santos93: 4:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
otti is a failure that everyone has confirmed in abia he is greedy and wicked

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by eagleeye2: 4:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
AlomoReloaded:

This is not around osisioma..... this is at abayi, close to Romalex Hospital.... ngwa people just dropped it at almost every junction in aba. An average core ngwa man, is too fetish and too devilish to rule abia state!!!!!God forbid the cursed people that did this crap!!!
There is at Gabriel Nwosu junction, off Osisioma bus stop.

1 Like

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by eagleeye2: 4:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
santos93:
otti is a failure that everyone has confirmed in abia he is greedy and wicked
If what you say is true, why then are the Ngwas threatening the rest of us with a Casket?

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by nwadiuko1(m): 4:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Icecomrade:

Still give respect to the Northners. The understand politics better than lots of regions. The Western part is taking cue. While the South still wallow in the political backwardness

My Ngwa brothers needs to grow up. Why must an Ngwa person be positioned when PDP is opposition?

What has the PDP achieved since 16yrs in Abia state?

What's the guarantee that anything will change?

Is it all about Ngwa people given the dividends of democracy? What about other regions?

Aren't we tired of this PDP govt

the ngwa man can always decamp nagrin

2 Likes

Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 5:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
zanga420:
pls clarify me, I learnt that Ikpeazu is from ngwa, what of otti & d apc guy which part of abia are they from?

I learnt that APC candidate Nyerere is core Ngwa man but Alex Otti is of Aro origin

I just saw this narrative and think it will answer your question

[quote]Governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu in Abia State in this interview gives his narration of the recent governorship election in Abia State and plans by his rival to shortchange him. Excerpts:

By Emmanuel Aziken, Political Editor

How will you situate your experiences in the last governorship election in Abia State?

What happened on April 11 was that election umpires during the guber elections in Abia State at a point lost control and it looked like they were confused.

The stipulation according to the Electoral Act is that once elections are conducted they are declared and pasted in all the units; once this is done, the results are collated at the ward level where they are announced and taken to the local government level where they are collated globally and announced.

At that point one could see a clear picture of the House of Assembly winners and losers.

Rancour or violence

That same result is then forwarded by the electoral officers to the INEC office in Umuahia but on that day the elections went on smoothly, went on very well and the security agents including the DIG, the Commissioner of Police and the state director of SSS reported that the elections were largely free and fair and without rancour; the elections went on smoothly without rancour or violence.

Suddenly as the collation of results were on-going at the INEC office in Umuahia, the Resident Electoral Commissioner Prof Selina Oko in collaboration with the Returning Officer (RO) decided to embark on a summersault by cancelling results that had already been announced at the polling units; when their attention was drawn to the fact that they did not have the right to embark on such cancellations they abandoned the strategy and went ahead to announce the results in the 17 LGAs of Abia State and my party represented by my humble self was leading clearly with 83,000 votes plus.

When they saw the tally and realised it was not going their way, they spent six good hours doing some arithmetic that led to serial cancellation of some of the results which to my mind was arbitrary because going by the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, we had a clear majority and we had also won a quarter of the votes in more than two thirds of the local governments of the state, clearly defining us as victors in the contest.

The heavens were let loose. People started agitating, people started suspecting in all manner of directions and questions were asked. Unknown to us the REC is an auntie of my opponent, Dr Alex Otti. So we now knew why it was difficult for them to announce the results and declare us winner.

We won that election but they have asked for a re-run in certain areas they have cancelled at the state level. We are watching to see what those who sent them to Abia will do about it.

What role did the report of international observers play in deciding the results?

Initially they said an international observer raised her hand to say the elections were marked by violence and the question was you know the procedure for the operation of international observers. Their own is to write their reports to their leaders who would go ahead to submit their findings to the appropriate quarters.

They are not to be heard during the collation of results. Incidentally, that international observer happens to be an Arochukwu girl who lives in the US. So how can an Arochukwu girl who comes from the same place as Otti be a reasonable source of information for the cancellation of results?

It does not even matter who was involved; nobody has the right to cancel results that have been collated and announced at the units because the INEC chairman is represented by the REC who is represented by the EOs at the various LGAs while the EOs are also represented by the presiding officers at the various units and once the presiding officers and all the agents sign, that result is said to be valid; no person has the right to cancel or alter the results emanating from such polling units.

Apart from the international observers, who else had reason to have the results cancelled?

It was just the international observer. I must also say that there were no video clips supporting this cancellation unlike in states where results were declared even with clear cases of violence or disturbances; yet in Abia there is no evidence supported by a video clip.

What contention from APGA led to the cancellation?

APGA had no contention whatsoever; APGA was saying that an international observer reported or witnessed evidence of violence. Yet there was no video clip supporting such report. So many things happened. There were claims and counter claims that Jega had called to ask for cancellation and when Jega was raised on phone, he said no that he never called for cancellation. He said no, that he did not call anybody. It was a very messy situation.

However I want to say that the background to all this is that my opponent had a chair that was standing on three legs; he didn’t plan for a bloc vote anywhere unlike my candidacy that took a bearing from the Ukwa Ngwa bloc that has nine local governments out of 17 LGAs in Abia State and these are people from Abia South, people who have not tasted power in the state until the PDP through its rotational arrangement zoned this power to it.

Rotational arrangement

Consistently I come from a local government that delivers the highest number of votes in the state. During the Presidential election from 1999, Obingwa had the highest or second highest number of votes in Abia. During the Presidential election, we voted 64,000 and during the governorship it went up to 82,000.

The reasons are clear; I come from Obingwa, my wife comes from Obingwa; everything about my family tree revolves around Obingwa; again because my opponent is completely new in politics, he does not understand these things; besides whereas I am from Abia South, my running mate is from Abia North but in his own case he is from Arochukwu and ended up choosing a running mate from the same Federal Constituency, Ohafia all in Abia North.

How is he expecting people to take him seriously? He did not take into cognizance the geopolitical setting of Ndi Abia.

His surprise that I am being supported by my people is neither here nor there. Again, the so called international observer is a biased party, an international observer cannot cancel a result. It is not in our constitution.

Standing by to see; are you hopeful given the situation on ground?

I am very hopeful, given everything and consistently. Except a miracle happens, there is no way Otti and Oko can turn around the results.

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/with-the-people-behind-me-i-will-win-ikpeazu/#sthash.mmaIgKSc.dpuf
Re: Caskets With Warning Written On Them Going Round In Aba by docsholz(m): 5:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ojiofor:
Why do you assume igbo support for Agbaje was out of hatred for tinubu or yoruba people?Ndigbo lagos and other non indigenes opted for him because he offered them a better and what they considered a fair deal in his government if elected simple.politics is all about interest all over the world,the same reason african Americans are more in support of Democrats than Republicans.its people like you who are playing politics of hate and not the other way round.Ndigbo never sort to use undemocratic means to impose a governor on majority of Lagosians.
Someone that knows what politics is about, I hope you're not one of those that shouts Yoruba betrayed d south, or it was a gang up against Jonathan and other bs

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US, UK, EU Envoys Reject FG Position On Twitter Ban After Meeting / Ahmad Lawan Announces Two Defections In Senate / The Cars Yahaya Bello Wants To Use For Campaign (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.