Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,807 members, 7,802,580 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Man In Tears After Tribe Cost Him Police Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Man In Tears After Tribe Cost Him Police Job (576 Views)

Hilarious Way Of Gift Presentation By Buhari To The Tallest Man In NDA. / Innovative:See Wat This Dapper Looking Man In Suit Does 4 Living Ogun State(pics / Man In Tears After Tribe Cost Him Police Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man In Tears After Tribe Cost Him Police Job by AKPOSbaba: 9:13am On Apr 23, 2015
Police recruiters at Kanduyi took back an admission letter they had issued to a man, citing his tribe.
Mr Mathews Rufassi had passed all stages of the recruitment and was issued with a letter to join Police Training College in Kiganjo.
A senior officer later asked him to return the letter.

The officer said they had discovered the recruit was a Teso yet they were required to recruit only Luhyas (10)  and Kikuyus (two) from the sub-count

“The officers called me back and informed me to hand over the letter because the recruiting team had discovered I was a Teso,” said Rufassi.

TEARS
The teary recruit said he knew of no other home other than Bungoma though his father was a Teso and mother a Luhya.

“I don’t know any other home apart from Kanduyi. I have been brought up in this region,” said Rufassi.

Bungoma County Police Commandant Charles Munyoli confirmed that the letter had been withdrawn a few minutes after it was issued.

Mr Munyoli explained that the move was informed by a directive from the National Police Service Commission on the recruitment process in the area.

“It is not our intention to deny him a chance but the directive from the commission is clear as 10 slots go to the Luhyas and two go to the Kikuyus,” he said.
Mr. Munyoli explained that the directive was arrived bearing in my mind the 1999 census.

SOURCE...http://nairobinews.co.ke/man-in-tears-after-being-denied-police-job-because-he-is-teso/

Re: Man In Tears After Tribe Cost Him Police Job by Jennifer4christ: 9:20am On Apr 23, 2015
Good day Nairalanders...

My name is Jennifer and I reside in Owerri, Imo state.
I am a school certificate holder with little hope of tertiary education.
Someone advised me to open a Nairaland account and ask for help, so I'm new here.
With the assurance I was given, I promise to testify here, if I get my breakthrough from Nairaland.

Why I came writing this now is because I lost my job as a cleaner at one of First Bank branches in Owerri.
The area manager came to our branch 2 weeks ago and after a series of complaints about almost everything that day, I was relieved of my job.
It still beats my imagination why I was singled out to be sacked.
Why me?
Why just me?
I still can't bear it up till now, since I fend for myself.
The money I have with me is fast running out and I desperately need a job from a good samaritan reading this now.

Please, if anyone can help me get a good paying job or connect me with someone who can give me a good job IN OWERRI, IMO STATE, I will forever be grateful.

I know this is risky, but I need help desperately, hence, I am putting up my number for possible contact and help.
I am not a sex-worker please and I will never be one, I only need a decent job.
So please, I pray no one misunderstands my intentions.

May God almighty reward those who will run to my aid at this frustrating moment of my life, Amen!

My number is 08172982883.
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

World Class Cctv/solar And Inverter Training In Port Harcourt.... Pics / blank / Human Resource Mgt And Learning HRIS Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.