Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,403 members, 7,800,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Meaning Of Some Igbo Names - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meaning Of Some Igbo Names (936 Views)

Type The Longest Word You Know And The Meaning / WAEC Result: Meaning Of Held, Witheld, Outstanding And Others / The Meaning Of Recently Found Word "Demonym" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by Tony36(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2015
hi guys. can anyone help me with the meaning of NZEGWU.
Re: Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by illiad: 9:40am On Apr 23, 2015
Tony36:
hi guys. can anyone help me with the meaning of NZEGWU.

That's not the complete name. And why are you asking
Re: Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by Tony36(m): 9:47am On Apr 23, 2015
illiad:

That's not the complete name. And why are you asking

Its a friends family name and she doesnt know the meaning. My Pastor advised me I should find out.
Re: Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by illiad: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Tony36:

Its a friends family name and she doesnt know the meaning. My Pastor advised me I should find out.

Well she should be the one doing the finding out. I could have told you But I don't think its right doing so considering insecurity and all the bad things in naija.

So sorry let her ask herself.

1 Like

Re: Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by Tony36(m): 12:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
illiad:

Well she should be the one doing the finding out. I could have told you But I don't think its right doing so considering insecurity and all the bad things in naija.

I appreciate your point of view. There is no ill in find out the meaning of the name of someone you are in relationship with and you intend to marry. From the stock of Christianity I belong, it called due diligence. Certain things are attached to name, though it may sound superstitious. So if you know the meaning, I will appreciate your kind gesture. Tnx
Re: Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by Tony36(m): 8:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
illiad:

@Illiad, I respect your point of view. Sincerely, there is no harm in checking out the meaning of your friend/fiancee native name. My Pastor calls it due diligence. I was hoping someone with an open mind can help me with the meaning of NZEGWU. I am Igbo, but I dont know the meaning. Incidentally, the people I have reached out to personally dont know the meaning either. Nze na Ozo is title and traditional institution while Nzegwu is a name and not a title. I will be grateful if you can be of help. Tnx
Re: Meaning Of Some Igbo Names by Tony36(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
illiad:

@Illiad, I respect your point of view. Sincerely, there is no harm in checking out the meaning of your friend/fiancee native name. My Pastor calls it due diligence. I was hoping someone with an open mind will help me with the meaning of NZEGWU. I am Igbo, but I dont know the meaning. Incidentally, the people I have reached out to personally dont know the meaning either. Nze na Ozo is title and traditional institution while Nzegwu is a name and not a title. I will be grateful if you can be of help. author=Tony36 post=33021353]

(1) (Reply)

Must Read!!! Check To Know If You Are Affected By The New Jambs Policy / Unilorin 2015/2016 Cut-off For Post Utme Is Out / University Of Calabar And Extortion Of Jambites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.