Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,007 members, 7,806,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? (12946 Views)

Racism: South African Blacks Are Weak / Xenophobia: Zambian Radio Station Stops Playing South African Music / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by IFELEKE(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2009
RENDANI,
OBVIOUSLY, YOU NEED SOME LECTURES ON HOW TO DISCERN,
GHANA MUST GO IS A KIND OF POLYTHENE BAG HERE IN NIGERIA WHICH WAS MADE POPULAR BY GHANIANS DURING THEIR STAY IN NIGERIA,
GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE JAMMING A RESPECTABLE FORUM LIKE THIS WITH YOUR PROFANITIES,

AM A PROUD NIGERIA, AN AUTHENTIC AFRICAN, WHAT ARE YOU?
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 2:37pm On Mar 04, 2009
Rendani:

@ morpheus24

my intellectuals are way better than yours brother, n i dont have inferiority complex when apartheid came to an end i was five years old,

1994= end of Apatheid
Rendani=5yrs old=end of Apatheid

Rendani=2009=20yrs old

Rendani=20yrs old= Model "C" new generation SA's

Model "C"= Pseudo African= no knowledge of the true African.

Sorry for the future of SA!
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Rendani(m): 2:39pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ IFELEKE

Surely i know more than you know about the history of your country, are a nigerian, please may the real nigerian please stand up yo!!!!!!!

I know its a bag, but you want to tell me that u dont know what transipired before that
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Rendani(m): 2:42pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ morpheus24

apertheid ended 1990, 1994 was just a formal thing
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 2:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
Rendani:

@ morpheus24

apertheid ended 1990, 1994 was just a formal thing

Doesn't change the fact

Add 20 + 4
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Rendani(m): 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2009
@morpheus24

at least im way better than your felow countryman EFELEKE who does not even know the history behind "GHANA must GO" bags
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 2:55pm On Mar 04, 2009
Rendani:

@morpheus24

at least im way better than your felow countryman EFELEKE who does not even know the history behind "GHANA must GO" bags

To compare "Ghana must go" to the 2008 xenophobic attacks in SA is ludacris.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by IFELEKE(m): 2:59pm On Mar 04, 2009
RENDANI DEAR,
YOU ARE TOO YOUNG TO HAVE ANY CONSEQUENTIAL SAY ON THE ABOVE SUBJECT MATTER,
A WORD OF ADVISE, REFER TO YOUR PARENTS AND STOP GAMBLING WITH FACTS THAT ARE WAY OLDER THAN YOU
TO MY DEAR BRETHENS PARDON RENDANI FOR HIS PROFANITIES, HE LACKS AGE AND WISDOM,

AM A PROUD NIGERIAN,AN AUTHENTIC AFRICAN, WHAT ARE YOU?
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by RSA(m): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
The problem with Morpheus is he knows more about SA than his country,but then I don't blame him,who will want to know about a failed state called Nigeria.Mr Mo is probably a igbo man who don't want to be part of this failed state.He know some one in his family who was killed or who starved to death during Biafra war or is Nigeria great war.

So I understand if South Africans are frustrating you,since your parents told you that they used to give out money to support black south africans during the apaartheid days.What they didn't tell you is Black SA'ans where living far better life compare to Nigerians(who where busy killing each other) and other Africans in the continent.

You can say whatever you want and tell us that we are interllectual inferior to you but what matters is we are moving forward as a nation,our people are developing,you can call us the modern Africans.We've got a little bit of west and a little bit of east.

Unlike most African state South Africa and it's people will keep on rising,that is a fact.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by RSA(m): 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2009
IFEFE,u should shut up your mouth now,you don't know shit about Nigeria,or are u a Hausa boy,I'm told that they are the stupid one,they get job through quoter system.

You say the reason bags are called Ghana must go is because Ghana made them popular?Idiot.

How about the reason they are popular is because you where chasing their ass from your country and they had to find the convenient biggest bag they can find to put thier belongings?

I don't care whether you killed or you didn't(there was no CCN at the time) the fact is you people and your goverment are the most Xenophobic Africans in the continent.Ghana must go was lead by your freaking useless goverment.In South Africa goverment never supported any type of xenophobic attak or behaviour,people who where involved are roting in jail as we speak,and those immigrants are back to where they where but CNN will never show you this,but then who cares.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2009
RSA:

The problem with Morpheus is he knows more about SA than his country,but then I don't blame him,who will want to know about a failed state called Nigeria.Mr Mo is probably a igbo man who don't want to be part of this failed state.He know some one in his family who was killed or who starved to death during Biafra war or is Nigeria great war.

So I understand if South Africans are frustrating you,since your parents told you that they used to give out money to support black south africans during the apaartheid days.What they didn't tell you is Black SA'ans where living far better life compare to Nigerians(who where busy killing each other) and other Africans in the continent.

You can say whatever you want and tell us that we are interllectual inferior to you but what matters is we are moving forward as a nation,our people are developing,you can call us the modern Africans.We've got a little bit of west and a little bit of east.

Unlike most African state South Africa and it's people will keep on rising,that is a fact.

The Problem with RSA is that you know too little about 'Africa' and don't deserve to be called one at all cause of your ignorance of its people.

If you think SA is the only "African" country I know anything about then challenge me, Bro!

I know you know someone in your familly who is HIV positive, come on admit it, there is no shame!

I've told you fools before, I don't care if other African countries harboured your fugitive freedom fighters. I could care less. You don't owe me or my people anything, What you do owe yourselfs is consciousness and the new African renaissance which does not equal talking about G* countries and sitting in cafes sipping wine. Change starts in the mind first before it manifest into the physical.

Morpheus says " Know thy self"

PS I am glad you can now identify the different ethnic groups in Nigeria. You must be reading a lot more.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by IFELEKE(m): 3:45pm On Mar 04, 2009
[b]RSA
YOU ARE AS VAIN AS THE REST OF YOU, CONSULT FEW KNOWLEDGEABLE ONES AMONGST YOU FOR LECTURES ON CIVIL WARS, I HOPE THEY LECTURE YOU ON SOME ZULU WARS AND MAYBE CHIP IN ONE OR TWO RELATIVES ON YOURS THAT WERE HACKED DOWN IN THE PROCESS, ONE ADAGE BEST DESCRIBES YOUR STUPID UTTERANCE[i], HE WHO LIVES IN GLASS HOUSE SHOULDNT THROW STONES, [/i]THANK GOD YOU FINALLY ACKNOWLEDGE OUR SUPPORT DURING YOUR APARTHEID DAYS, WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING FROM YOUR DEPRAVED COUNTRY, WHAT WE SINCERELY HOPE FOR IS THAT THE WOUND CREATED BY THE APARTHY HEALS SO THAT YOU CAN FIND YOUR PLACE AMONGST AFRICANS INSTEAD OF REMAINING ALLIEN TO YOUR ORIGIN, BUT REVERSE SEEM TO BE CASE AS YOU NOW TURN ON FELLOW AFRICANS WHO YOU CLAIM HELPED YOU, WHAT A SHAME!,
MIND YOU,YOU ARE NOT INFERIOR TO OTHER BLACK AFRICANS YOUR ACTIONS MADE YOU SO AND YOU ARE A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF A YOUNG PERSON SUFFERING FROM SELF HATE, PROVE ME WRONG, YOU ARE EITHER SUFFERING FROM LACK OF DIRECTION,HIV OR YOU ARE PART OF THE PEOPLE THAT CARRY OUT THE XENOPHIC ATTACKS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU FEEL THREATENED BY THE ABUNDANCE OF TALENTS AND SKILLS EXHIBITED BY THE FOREIGNERS IN YOUR COUNTRY,
LEARN TO EMBRACE YOUR YOUTH AND CHANNEL YOUR AGGRESSION TOWARDS CARVING A GOOD NICHE FOR THE BLACK POPULACE OF YOUR COUNTRY AND STOP LAYING CLAIMS TO A WHITE INDUCED DEVELOPMENT,
STOP SPREADING HATE,AIDS AND EVIL VICES AROUND
THE WHITE MINORITY AMONGST YOU EVEN SEE YOU AS PEST RATHER THAN FELLOW COUNTRYMEN
TAKE A STROLL DOWN THE GHETTOS OF SOWETO TO DRIVE HOME MY POINT,
START A CAMPAIGN TO RE TRACE YOUR ROOTS, WE SUPPORTED YOU ONCE, WE ARE READY TO SUPPORT YOU AGAIN DESPITE ALL THESE,

P.S- I WON'T EXCHANGE WORDS WITH YOU ON MY ETHNICITY BUT I HAVE JUST ONE ADAGE FOR YOU ON THAT, HE WHO KNOWS NOT AND KNOWS NOT THAT HE KNOWS NOT IS A FOOL,
CONSULT YOUR ELDERS FOR CORRECT INFORMATION INSTEAD ON GAMBLING ON FACTS THEREBY ADDING IGNORANCE TO YOUR TRUCKLOAD OF PROBLEMS

AM A PROUD NIGERIAN,AN AUTHENTIC AFRICAN, WHAT ARE YOU?[/b]
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Smi1(m): 9:03pm On Jan 08, 2010
loLxx I admit Nigerians are great all over!! despite dirty medias !!!
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by ogajim(m): 3:59am On Jan 09, 2010
A lot of us still remember those "free South Africa donations" even at the Elementary school level, South Africans getting free educations all over the country, not to talk of the pressure Nigerian Governments mounted with their "Oil Clout" in those days.

Maybe we need to educate our SA brothers about some of these, as for the "dingo/dingbat/dumbo, those of us in NA don't need to say anymore. wink
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by smokie(m): 12:51pm On Jan 09, 2010
To the original poster: South Africans, whether they are black, white or Indian are generally too concerned about their own lives/struggles to care about Nigerian "areaboys" beyond the occasional irritation they cause with their scams.
And no, Nigerians are generally not "hated"- if that was the case they'd killed all over the place and wouldn't be able to walk the streets.
From your post it appears you've never been to South Africa or your view of the country has been clouded by jaundiced news reports.
Here's a fact: While your home is powered by generator due to erratic power supply from NEPA, the family who lives in an iron shack have constant electricity and free primary health care.
Their children do not pay school fees and every child that finishes high school with good enough marks gets a goverment busary.
Yes, Nigerians supported the ANC but what they failed to do is support themselves to improve the lives of ordinary Nigerians so that young girls don't have to prostitute themselves in Europe and guys don't end up in foreign jails as far as China.
For all it's problems, South Africa is stable and we don't have a president who flies off overseas for medical treatment, shameful considering all Nigeria's human capital.
Our supposed inferiority complex won't make life easier for those who are exploited by foreign oil company's in the Niger Delta or Christians who can't practice their religion freely in the north of your country.
So before you start mouthing off about black South Africans, see how you can fix problems in Naija not just by "gist" but practically.
I've got lots of respect for Nigerians, growing some footballers, intellectualls, musicians coming from your country were my heroes. But in all societies one gets the arrogant, chest beating bigots who displays his nationalism either through hatred or wilful ignorance. The choice is yours.

PS: BTW, you're welcome to come and visit any time.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by RSA(m): 9:17am On Jan 11, 2010
^^^ nicely said,heads off.Thank you.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by ogajim(m): 1:58pm On Jan 11, 2010
Smokie appears to have been smoking something when he wrote this and I am not surprised that a fellow SA agrees!

I used to play soccer with a WB from Zimbabwe who later became SA before finally ending up as an Australian and we used to kid him about his different nationalities and his point then was that we didn't get it and it would soon be clear to outsiders why their folks don't feel welcomed in that region anymore and NOW I can see why from some of the venom against Nigerians on this and other threads by SA regional folks.

Any Country with a considerable amount of Mineral resources is a target and one don't need a degree in Nuclear Physics to figure that out, Congo anyone?

I was at the World cup hosted by Germany in '06 and have no desire to come to SA this June unless I am allowed to come fully armed to defend myself.

If you think Nigerian President goes overseas for medical treatment because Nigeria lacks those, then you really haven't been to that Country, I'll take that kind of president anyday over one that believes a shower after unprotected sex with an "HIV positive" lady is GREAT protection.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by RSA(m): 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2010
^^^ what are you saying,you''re all over.write something meaningful or comment on Sports section cause it look like is the only thing you know,according your post.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by ogajim(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2010
RSA:

^^^ what are you saying,you''re all over.write something meaningful or comment on Sports section cause it look like is the only thing you know,according your post.

What my post showed is that the regional white folks hate your guts, the other Africans don't think much of you guys either and the fact that you guys have low expectation. You all need to grow up real fast before you point fingers at Nigerians, when you have population in excess of a quarter billion, you're going to have some characters for sure but to think that surmises all is STUPID.

I am well traveled and can lecture you about lots of places, you and your ilk can kiss my *ss if you're going to generalize without concrete evidence. I have come in contact with a few folks from the SA region, some I liked and some I didn't but you won't hear me calling them out for the place they come from, I'll leave that to the less experienced.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Mpele(m): 7:37am On Jan 12, 2010
This is so stupid! The white folk hate our guts, do U think we like them! I don't even understand what u're sayin! Put things in context!
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by ogajim(m): 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2010
Mpele:

This is so silly! The white folk hate our guts, do U think we like them! I don't even understand what u're sayin! Put things in context!

We have a saying back home: "In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king", you're beginning to rub off as that one-eyed dude.

Do you guys have any morals? wasn't "mama Africa" alleged to have abused little boys while her hubby was away for too long? Your president? gun toting youths? disease-induced orphans? I can go on but why?

I have yet to come across a black professional dude from your parts, Ghana, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Somalia, etc, I have seen PLENTY. Work on your "problems" and leave us to work on ours because we both got problems.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by idiopathic: 6:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
Nigerians cannot hold SA hostage because they played a role in their struggle against apartheid.
SA was very welcoming to Nigerians until we started exporting our crime, faud their, which obviously will breed resentment.
Nigeria chased Ghana nationals back in the 80's, which was a state sactioned policy. what moral right do we have for accusing SA of xenophobia.

You guys accuse the SA of being slaves to the whites, but at least they fought the unjust aprtheid system. In Nigeria, we are slaves in our own country held hostage by a very 'corrupt cabal'. Instead of quarelling with SA, let's fight our war and restore our nation to it's former glory.

I am tired of fellow nigerians wasting their energy quarelling with SA, when our country is on the verge of becoming a failed state. We boast of being 'gifted, educated' etc, yet our country is on a precipice.
Where is our President? We are spineless at even demanding he resigns, but come online to boast of being the 'most intelligent blacks'. Please, give me a break. Let's stop living a LIE.

Let's leave South Africans alone and direct the energy at solving our multitude of problems.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 7:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
idiopathic:

by a very 'corrupt cabal'. Instead of quarelling with SA, let's fight our war and restore our nation to it's former glory.

I am tired of fellow nigerians wasting their energy quarelling with SA, when our country is on the verge of becoming a failed state. We boast of being 'gifted, educated' etc, yet our country is on a precipice.
Where is our President? We are spineless at even demanding he resigns, but come online to boast of being the 'most intelligent blacks'. Please, give me a break. Let's stop living a LIE.

Let's leave South Africans alone and direct the energy at solving our multitude of problems.

If you allow the perpertuation of hate it will only increase exponentially. You have to fight it and it really depends on what battle you choose to wage. You suggestion is but one angle. There are many others
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by smokie(m): 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2010
idiopathic:

Nigerians cannot hold SA hostage because they played a role in their struggle against apartheid.[/b]SA was very welcoming to Nigerians until we started exporting our crime, faud their, which obviously will breed resentment.
[b]Nigeria chased Ghana nationals back in the 80's, which was a state sactioned policy. what moral right do we have for accusing SA of xenophobia.

You guys accuse the SA of being slaves to the whites, but at least they fought the unjust aprtheid system. In Nigeria, we are slaves in our own country held hostage by a very 'corrupt cabal'. Instead of quarelling with SA, let's fight our war and restore our nation to it's former glory.

What more can I say. Go to any South African web forum and you won't see the amount of hate/venom expressed at Nigerians, people simply do not have the energy.

People are questioning though why, so many, Nigerians are leaving their country hoping to scrape a living in South Africa, or anywhere else for that matter, if their country is rich blessed with an abundant natural resource. The politics aside, it boggles the mind.

The other day I heard that Filipinos were hired in the petrochemical industry in Nigeria. Why are these people hired there when Nigerian has been indepedent for almost 50 years and boast exceptional universities? Whose fault is that? South Afrifans can't be blamed for the failings of the Nigerian experiment, we're started to find our feet, we're making noise but as a country we're yet to forge an identity that has been robbed of us through 300 years of occupation and 40-odd years of ideology that systemicatically discouraged blacks from aspiring to be anyting other than manual labour.
South Africa is by no means perfect, look past the skyscrapers and the chic hotels and you'll find poverty but what makes us diferent is that the government acknowledges this and makes oppertunities available for those who have been marginalised.
Nigeria could take a leaf from South Africa's book.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 6:06pm On Jan 13, 2010
smokie:

What more can I say. Go to any South African web forum and you won't see the amount of hate/venom expressed at Nigerians, people simply do not have the energy.

No its because those forums are not representative of SA's as whole. Most of them discuss emigration and job opportunties in other countries. If I am incorrect please post the forum site you are talking about that discussing issues in SA that participatns represent the entire SA population

smokie:

People are questioning though why, so many, Nigerians are leaving their country hoping to scrape a living in South Africa, or anywhere else for that matter, if their country is rich blessed with an abundant natural resource. The politics aside, it boggles the mind.

If by now you guys are unable to answer that question with all the access to info on the net, don't bother

smokie:

,we're started to find our feet, we're making noise but as a country we're yet to forge an identity that has been robbed of us through 300 years of occupation and 40-odd years of ideology that systemicatically discouraged blacks from aspiring to be anyting other than manual labour.
South Africa is by no means perfect, look past the skyscrapers and the chic hotels and you'll find poverty but what makes us diferent is that the government acknowledges this and makes oppertunities available for those who have been marginalised.
Nigeria could take a leaf from South Africa's book.
Now this part I agree with 100%
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by cap28: 11:59pm On Jan 13, 2010
@ elliptical just finished reading your piece and to be honest i was finding it difficult to finish reading it as it started getting me angrier and angrier

first of all i am a nigerian but im ashamed when people like you identify yourself as nigerians because you are an embarrassment. people like you give white people the ammunitition to continue to divide and rule us, they pit us against each other because of people with low mentality like you.

if you had any common sense you would applaud south africans for standing up and fighting to rid themselves of one of the most heinous systems of oppression ever created in history, do you know what it means to be subjugated by foreigners, not allowed to get a decent education, tortured and brutalised in your father's land? - Or do you know what its like to not be allowed a decent education because of racist legislation that made it legal for blacks to be given a substandard education -go and read up about the Bantu Education Act and maybe that might clear the confusion in your mind.

How would you feel if your entire family was kicked off its land and herded into a dirty shanty town for the rest of their lives, would you like it if your parents had to go and work as housemaids and gardeners for whites irrespective of their knowledge and ability, never being able to realise their dreams and give their children a good life?

what you have shown from your write up is staggering ignorance. Why should south africans look up to nigerians when nigerians havent even had the courage to stand up for their rights the way the south africans have done. YOu have the nerve to go to another mans country and challenge him, if you had braved machine guns and police dogs like them then you would be in a position to talk but you havent so please stop with the stupidity.

Everywhere in the world nigerians are hated because of their blind ignorance and arrogance, surely if everyone is complaining about this there must be some truth in it - i think its time to look inward instead of blaming others for our faults.

As a matter of fact nigeria is currently under an aparthied system - the only difference is that the abusers are our own people!!! go and free nigeria from the tyranny which has consumed it instead of talking garbage about other people who have dared to do what you havent got the guts to do.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Mpele(m): 8:19am On Jan 14, 2010
@cap28

thank you! You spoke like a true son of the soil! Our grandmothers and uncles died fighting apartheid! Don't forget that black South Africans were fighting an incredible army with nuclear weapons of western standards. We only had AK47'S!

We won't be bullied by a group of cowards who want to share the wealth that our grandmothers faught for!
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by morpheus24: 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2010
Mpele:

@cap28

thank you! You spoke like a true son of the soil! Our grandmothers and uncles died fighting apartheid! Don't forget that black South Africans were fighting an incredible army with nuclear weapons of western standards. We only had AK47'S!

We won't be bullied by a group of cowards who want to share the wealth that our grandmothers faught for!

Thats really the mindset of a dummy. No one is taking your country from you. You just lack the ability to harness its potentials. Honestly if the other Africans didn't wake your slow ass up,you would still be waiting for government handouts.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by AKO1(m): 9:32pm On Jan 14, 2010
I think generally speaking, black South Africans have a sense of entitlement which is entirely valid. However, this makes them sit back and expect everything to come to them automatically, when at the same time foreigners are working hard and "stealing our jobs" that existed before the foreigners came.
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by yeswecan(m): 10:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
cap28:

@ elliptical just finished reading your piece and to be honest i was finding it difficult to finish reading it as it started getting me angrier and angrier

first of all i am a nigerian but im ashamed when people like you identify yourself as nigerians because you are an embarrassment. people like you give white people the ammunitition to continue to divide and rule us, they pit us against each other because of people with low mentality like you.

if you had any common sense you would applaud south africans for standing up and fighting to rid themselves of one of the most heinous systems of oppression ever created in history, do you know what it means to be subjugated by foreigners, not allowed to get a decent education, tortured and brutalised in your father's land? - Or do you know what its like to not be allowed a decent education because of racist legislation that made it legal for blacks to be given a substandard education -go and read up about the Bantu Education Act and maybe that might clear the confusion in your mind.

How would you feel if your entire family was kicked off its land and herded into a dirty shanty town for the rest of their lives, would you like it if your parents had to go and work as housemaids and gardeners for whites irrespective of their knowledge and ability, never being able to realise their dreams and give their children a good life?

what you have shown from your write up is staggering ignorance. Why should south africans look up to nigerians when nigerians havent even had the courage to stand up for their rights the way the south africans have done. YOu have the nerve to go to another mans country and challenge him, if you had braved machine guns and police dogs like them then you would be in a position to talk but you havent so please stop with the stupidity.

Everywhere in the world nigerians are hated because of their blind ignorance and arrogance, surely if everyone is complaining about this there must be some truth in it - i think its time to look inward instead of blaming others for our faults.

As a matter of fact nigeria is currently under an aparthied system - the only difference is that the abusers are our own people!!! go and free nigeria from the tyranny which has consumed it instead of talking garbage about other people who have dared to do what you havent got the guts to do.

GOD . . . you are good
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by cap28: 1:05am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

GOD . . . you are good

thanks bros - our people are finished - we cant see the wood for the trees
Re: South African Blacks - Could It Be Inferiority Complex? by Decypha: 11:29am On Dec 15, 2011
Wow, I am disappointed and I apologise profusely for the the response from other South Africans concerning this topic. It is a hot-bed and emotional topic but let me try to offer my (hopefully) unbiased views concerning the 2008 incident.

Firstly, I should point out that the attacks were done by a minority of black South Africans; most black South Africans were shocked and ashamed by the events that took place in 2008. That is, most of us did not support the actions that took place in South Africa in 2008.

Honestly the tension was bubbling under though; most of us didn't expect it to explode like it did. And it is partly because of both the reasons you listed.

One thing I do take some offence to is this hint, from your post, that there are no black South Africans making use of the opportunities abound in the country. I suppose perhaps from your viewpoint you don't see it happening much but from where I am, in South Africa, I see far more South African black people making something of their opportunities than black people from other countries.

It is a work-in-progress though, unlike Nigeria, we have only had 20 years to wrap our heads around the freedom of and it is an impatient and fearful South African mind that lashed out at "foreign" Africans. Many people had expectations that once Apartheid ends their problems end as well but they hadn't expected that they would need to proactively pursue change. For them, instead, what happened is they saw an influx of foreigners that looked like they were taking all their opportunities while they sat around waiting for opportunities to come to them.

If you look at the attacks, they only happened in poor black areas in South Africa because those black people, in particular, are the ones who are most fearful. I apologise to everybody on behalf of my countrymen for the violence. I hope this isn't posted too late and that most people will chance upon it and understand that most South Africans were against the violence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UN Adds Russia To ‘list Of Shame’ For Killing Hundreds Of Children In Ukraine / Jacob Zuma 'fathers 20th Child With Friend's Daughter' / Uganda Bans Vulgar Language & Explicit Dancing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.