Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (87691 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
cococandy:
The more single women out there, the more single men.

I know plenty of guys that age who are still single.
Why is nobody on their case?
Abi the ladies go marry themselves?

#rolls eye.

Thank you oo. Lots of single old cargo men's out there. 2 of my bro inlaws are over 40 and unmarried. Heck even my bro is 40 and unmarried ( about to get engaged). Why no threads on this abeg leave these women alone, don't add to their feelings of desperation.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 2:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
quivah:

man, you've been screaming Isi 4:1 .. did you bother to read the proceeding chapters
and tell us who he was referring to.

anyways, if the economy refuses men to marry a woman , how will it support polygamy to the extent of limiting the rate of unmarried women? even when some men(wealthy) themselves don't advocate for it.

the white men came with Christianity/Islam religions, they destroyed our idols, cultures.. if polygamy destruction is the only crime you see, then you are a hypocrite!
dump your Jesus, And start idolizing like your forefathers used to..drop civilization and go back to the bush man's life...then you can start saying we copy people's culture, practice what you preach.
white men are not your woes, your holy mighty forefathers worthy of emulation are.. they sold their lives/culture and are worse off being looked up to. Esaus!

Muslims/some Christians still practice polygamy cause they want it.
if you want 5 wives, go ahead(no one will penalise you) but don't forcefully bring verses that don't agree with u into it..

Who was isaiah referring to? I bet you can't explain. Sorry to burst ur bubbles but it is already happening. There will be a time were ladies will queue up to marry 1man. Take it or leave it. It is already happening. Several ladies are complaining, some have turned the church to their second home all because of no man to marry them. The truth is bitter but you better be ready to swallow it. Have you wondered why a lot of single ladies are running after married men even when they know he is still married?

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 2:08pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Pls,stop drawing me into your nonesense. Nobody will stop you from sleeping with many women in the name of polygamy. Let this be the last time you stupidly quote me.

Heyaaa, I smell butt hurt. Sorry dear the truth hurts. grin

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Speakdatruth: 2:11pm On Apr 24, 2015
wen na all d qualities dia papa no get na hin dem go dey find for man why dem no go dey single

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by MRBrownJ: 2:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
Moana:
i have already told u what i meant by my post but if u keep misinterpreting it then you cant really blame your inability to understand something written in plain english on me smiley

lol stop trying to shift your stand, 419 is a CRIME, and you made a mistake by trying to compare it with goldigging.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ihuomadinihu: 3:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dragonking:

You are only being delusional! Nobody approves your sentiments.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by abouzaid: 3:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

Thank you oo. Lots of single old cargo men's out there. 2 of my bro inlaws are over 40 and unmarried. Heck even my bro is 40 and unmarried ( about to get engaged). Why no threads on this abeg leave these women alone, don't add to their feelings of desperation.
but none of those men will marry a lady 40 and over, one of my lecturers back then was over forty but married one of our classmates that hails from the same hometown with him

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by abouzaid: 3:17pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dragonking:

bros, here in the north, men are free to marry upto four wives and some marry more but they tend to marry mostly child brides and divorce them a few years later, the result is we have uncountable ladies aged twenty and above desperately searching for husbands without success. summary, polygamy is not the solution

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kaboninc(m): 3:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
abouzaid:
but none of those men will marry a lady 40 and over, one of my lecturers back then was over forty but married one of our classmates that hails from the same hometown with him

I hope they understand and stop any form of comparison.

Its unfair, but its a man's world.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by saaedlee: 4:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

shocked

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Gamesmart: 4:55pm On Apr 24, 2015
Naijasinglegirl:
poster just created a thread like this without interviewing me. na wa o

{Puts microphone at her mouth}

Oya, tell us ya stori.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Gamesmart: 5:20pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:
I don't take this kind of threads serious anymore. It's a big shade on the womenfolk and single sisters. I wonder how and why our society automatically blames a woman for being single. Will the woman marry herself? More single ladies mean more single men. I know many virtuous born again sisters that still unmarried. Is it a woman's fault if she is unmarried at a certain age?
The bible says,'He that finds a wife finds a good thing'. It is the responsibility of men to find wives. More single ladies mean that single men are not doing what should be done.

Sit there waiting for men to find you as part of their responsibility.

No problem.

You will end up like this when you are close to expiry date.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2341046_j17_png5ab9a6eaa0fd175097a8a6e98861fdd8

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Moana(f): 5:21pm On Apr 24, 2015
MRBrownJ:

lol stop trying to shift your stand, 419 is a CRIME, and you made a mistake by trying to compare it with goldigging.
the last time i checked offering sex for a favour or advantage can be classified as prostitution, correct me if im wrong in Nigeria prostitution is punishable by law? undecided fraud and prostitution are criminal offences. you are the one who shifted the goal post and decided to discuss another thing. i already stated the intention of my post and u still went on to discuss something else.
if you quote me again trying to divert from the actual intention of my previous post, feel free to reply yourself .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by gloriana(f): 5:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
GodMode:

because they lack that knowledge...

If a man impregnates a woman.. The man is legally responsible for the financial, welfare e.t.c of that child failure to do so will lead to prison time or huge fines..

But some Nigerian women will f:oolishly go and do abortion..
silence is d best answer for a wise man like u
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 24, 2015
saaedlee:
shocked

Yes oo, I don't mean It in a bad way but let's be honest most women of that age do feel a bit desperate. It's the biological clock see. I encourage anyone in that predicament not to think they are missing out on much. Marriage isn't all that sad. It's just the fact of wanting kids and society frowns on single mothers
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 5:42pm On Apr 24, 2015
gloriana:
silence is d best answer for a wise man like u

Stop trying to be sarcastic
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ewuro4: 5:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
kaboninc:

Like I said, the 'few' who do so, do so for economic gain.

Morin cheesy

Ahh I must've skipped that part.. my bad. You're right. grin

Morin from here.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kaboninc(m): 6:03pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ewuro4:

Ahh I must've skipped that part.. my bad. You're right. grin

Morin from here.

Lool.

Trust you had a swell night.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 6:36pm On Apr 24, 2015
abouzaid:
bros, here in the north, men are free to marry upto four wives and some marry more but they tend to marry mostly child brides and divorce them a few years later, the result is we have uncountable ladies aged twenty and above desperately searching for husbands without success. summary, polygamy is not the solution

Bros, nobody is saying that polygamy is the best solution but it will definitely curb or reduce the alarming rate. Also, the reason they are divorcing the ladies is that those girls were very small before they got married and when they grow up they tend to be adamant to their husband becos they never loved them. This case is different. It is between two adults.

Also, here in the south you will see alot of single ladies flocking around their pastors because they are in need of a husband. Some of these ladies tend to fall victim as they might end up being used by some dubious pastors. Some pastors will say it is a spiritual husband that is hindering them other say otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

You are only being delusional! Nobody approves your sentiments.

Alot of people actually approve and support my view. Dont worry it is a matter of time. Watch out!! cool
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by charlyge(m): 6:37pm On Apr 24, 2015
Dragonking:

That is still an evidence that men are meant to be polygamous hence they quickly sign the bill. Your fore fathers were never monogamous but rather they were polygamous until the white men came and we started copying their cultures. Now even the women especially the black women in white countries are complaining of the high rate of unmarried women.

my dear, the truth is bitter but that prophecy in Isaiah 4:1 is gradually coming to pass.

Lol this guy will cheat tire when he marries. U had better marry more than a wife.
I dnt support polygamy. No right thinking woman will be happy sharing a man with another woman. Polygamy brings confusion and hatred in a family. Worse case when the man dies
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
GodMode:

gringringringrin. I don't share my opinions indiscriminately..

I absorb other peoples' knowledge and opinions then combine it with mine then improve my knowledge...
In otherr words,u can't think on urr own. Ur a copycat
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 6:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
charlyge:

Lol this guy will cheat tire when he marries. U had better marry more than a wife.
I dnt support polygamy. No right thinking woman will be happy sharing a man with another woman. Polygamy brings confusion and hatred in a family. Worse case when the man dies

Have you been seeing the news of late? Are women not killing their husbands already? Is it polygamy that caused it? Are people not getting divorced despite practicing monogamy?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by MRBrownJ: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
Moana:
the last time i checked offering sex for a favour or advantage can be classified as prostitution, correct me if im wrong in Nigeria prostitution is punishable by law? undecided fraud and prostitution are criminal offences. you are the one who shifted the goal post and decided to discuss another thing. i already stated the intention of my post and u still went on to discuss something else.
if you quote me again trying to divert from the actual intention of my previous post, feel free to reply yourself .

BWAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!
see how you digged a hole for yourself. here we are debatting about the how/why there are so many unmarried +30 women in 9ja. you then had the audacity to compare 419 with goldiggers. i reminded you that 419 was a crime while golddigging was not. you then came back and told me that goldiggers are prostitutes and therefore it is the same thing. why didnt you call them that all along?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

1) when was the last time you saw any of these "undercover" prostitutes be punished for their crime?
2) dont you think that it is therefore normal that these women end up old cargos, if they have been prostituting themselves all their lives?!

who want to marry some leftover ashewos?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 6:45pm On Apr 24, 2015
qbd2:

In otherr words,u can't think on urr own. Ur a copycat

That's your opinion angryangryangry
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Moana(f): 7:40pm On Apr 24, 2015
lisabty22:
to my own point of view 95% of ladies are the cause there is no lady that wilt tel me a guy didnt come and seek hand in marriage from 18 to 28 at least 3 or 5 would come but then there blood is hot and they alow to pass them.ladies should be careful on there decision and also pray god leads you in every part of your life.the truth is everything about ladies are complicating.
in short a woman has to get married because someone asked irrespective of not being in love with her suitor or her not being emotionally and mentally mature to handle marital responsiblities? undecided

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Moana(f): 7:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
50calibre:
This is because most naija guys are slowly coming to the realisation that naija women are not marriage material but bunch of liabilities.. After weighing up the pros & cons of living with a liability, most guys reach the conclusion that marriage ain't worth the time or stress.

The sad fact is; most naija women are ugly, any honest person blessed with the gift of sight will agree with this. In addiction to this ugliness, naija women are further devalued by the so many vices corrupting their souls, this includes fakery, lying, greed, laziness, envy, bitterness, ignorance, arrogance....
on a scale of 1-10 how would you rate your nigerian female family members?

To cap it all up, these women no longer exist in a world of reality, but in a fantasy world where Hollywood TV shows & movies are the paradigm.

The odds are really stacked up against Nigerian women, sadly their numbers are only going to swell in the coming years.

The odds are
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Moana(f): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Cholls:
my brothers and sisters is it compulsary you marry.

And if it is. Why do women have to wait still they become successful in their career,when at the end of the day they will still have to surrender their success to a man.
cheesy grin grin
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by saaedlee: 8:33pm On Apr 24, 2015
fem29:

Yes oo, I don't mean It in a bad way but let's be honest most women of that age do feel a bit desperate. It's the biological clock see. I encourage anyone in that predicament not to think they are missing out on much. Marriage isn't all that sad. It's just the fact of wanting kids and society frowns on single mothers

Okay oo, but marriage is beautiful n it isn't all about wanting kids
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 24, 2015
ignis:

Did you just wrote write same sex marriage?
God forbid.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by numericalguy(m): 10:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
mekybabe1:
The rate at which married men sleep around with anything in skirt is enough to scare many single ladies. Men are dogs! It's in their DNA!mtshewww

That means your father is a dog
Your brohers are dogs
Your sons (if any) are dogs
Your male cousins are dogs
Your uncles are dogs
In short, all the males in your village are dogs

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot. / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.