Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes (64816 Views)

13 Nigerian Foods That Are Better When Eaten Together / 22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Dimmatic(f): 12:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
The list is incomplete with out ofe owerri

1 Like

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by DeCleff(m): 12:58pm On Apr 23, 2015
missclasssy:

My best is egusi but I know how to cook oha soup well. That's my native soup.

As a confirm Nwa amuru na ala Igbo
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Well av seen tha pic and av also seen the recipe... Na how i go take cook am
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
I don't like dark looking food. It looks ugly. Yuk! angry

2 Likes

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by cocokiller1(f): 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
nice one
need to save the page so I'll learn to prepare other african dishes.
don't think I'll ever try dat edo osan or gberi
I'll evn need alot of convincing to put dat in my mouth
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
The key to my stomach is banga soup wit fresh cat fish and yellow eba,oh gush am salivating now,my obonge native soup,den follow by ogbono soup nd egusi soup
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by hotgunz(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
All ds calabar food be like leaf to goat, wonderin wat the goat, sheeps and cow down dere eat after human don chop all d leaves finished in the name of soup....#eatin my shawarma jare.
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by olaolulazio(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
Pass me the gbegiri and ewedu soup wit amala.

Proudly Ibadan.

2 Likes

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by jamace(m): 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
Gaddem it! Delicious meals up there! Wow! cool cool
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by baybeeboi: 1:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
after-all, i give it to the Efiks and Igbos.
yoruba's just go to try harder.

2 Likes

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by frodobee: 1:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
Funny that I know some of these things than most people here who are even better opporturned.
Let me add that, Ofe Onugbu and Ora/Oha soup defers not only in the leaves used (onugbu or oha/ora) but also most times on the primary soup base used ie cocoa yam, as most oha/ora soup do not use cocoa yam but instead use a rare base like achi, akparata- the red capped nut etc.
OP nice one, but make corrections.
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by aliyuussy(m): 1:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
Nice post, but how do I prepare it after getting those ingredients?
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Roland17(m): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
"Happy is the man whose Lady can prepare all those dishes, for his tummy would never see sad days and his days would be long on earth"
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by digitalnaira: 1:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
I once went for a naming ceremony, and the Jollof rice that they served was "too Bad" and there was something in it that tasted so sweet and felt like Icing sugar on my tongue, pls does any one have an Idea what It was.
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
WHICH KIND NONSENSE BE DIS? HUNGRY O!
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by stephenqueen: 2:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
Lala247:
Ewa agoyin the key to my heart chai i can eat that all day long with bread .. Defo take down d recipe.
Chai I don no ur best food now gringrin
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
stephenqueen:

Chai I don no ur best food now gringrin

Lol beans ..
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Ujupsy: 2:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
All tasty wonderful
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by winodey(m): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
Get Airtel Free 500MB, 1GB or 2GB Without Tweaking Imei
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Lilimax(f): 2:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
Noneroone:
That Gbegiri looks scary, even the name sounds so too.
smiley
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Lilimax(f): 2:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ofe nsala di oku and soft nni ji... good combo and ebe ano! smiley

1 Like

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by dustydee: 2:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
@OP,
where are the recipes? I can only see the ingredients.
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by debbydee(f): 2:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
choi see food

for cheap clothes see my profile
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by wman(m): 2:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
My oh my! They all look sumptuous. I'm feeling hungry.

For your PC,Android and PSP games,1080p HD movies,T.V series and documentaries, tutorials, downloads of anything you need, check us out at https://www.nairaland.com/1035742/garnet-pc-games-sale-cheapest
We deliver all over Nigeria and we are tested and trusted.
Full catalogue is available at j .mp/adlisting

MK X, FIFA 15, GTA V now available
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by suptol(m): 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
As much as i like good food, at times i dont feel like cooking, prefer spending the whole day on computer, designing. Its a good thing am a man. cheesy
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by ifekemmie(f): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Wow! U did a great job @ OP
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Hoodrat(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oh Lord I can't wait to start eating all this fine dishes back.. i miss naija man don spend too long abroad.
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Gemc3(f): 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
missclasssy, I was not going to say this but you caused it. And so i have to say it . . . .

I AM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry embarassed
Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
Gemc3:
missclasssy, I was not going to say this but you caused it. And so i have to say it . . . .

I AM HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry embarassed
Lol!

1 Like

Re: Common Nigerian Foods And Their Recipes by olubori1(m): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
wonderful,especially ewa aganyin. d stew na die

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Food I Will Be Missing When I Become Rich (photos) / The Christmas Chicken I Bought For N3,000 / When You Take Too Much Alcohol[funny pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.