Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Echoes Of Betrayal (a Short Story) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Echoes Of Betrayal (a Short Story) (522 Views)

Sharing Life Issues With ChazB Accuses Stephen Of Betrayal / EROT'IC STORY! The Betrayal After Sexual Pleasure (part 1) / A Short Story Of A Promiscuous Guy. (with Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Echoes Of Betrayal (a Short Story) by penplayer: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
Echoes of betrayal

'I don't care about you anymore, and you can't hold me down with that. Just do something about it. I'm done', his voice echoed continuously in her head.

She stood dumbfounded, looking sheepishly as he strode down the street, his trousers barely covering his butt. She struggled desperately to hold back tears which welled up her beautiful eyes as she dug into her purse to draw her handkerchief.

They had met at a birthday party she was forced to by her friend. Sitting at her corner, she chatted continuously on her phone that she didn't notice there was an admirer close by.

'Hello, what's up?' He asked, flashing a smile that went unnoticed.

'Cool', she replied indifferently, barely raised her head and continued her chat.

Undefeated, he continued. 'I'm David.'

'Ehn ehn! Do I look like a prey -- or...', her voice trailed off as she beheld the intruding stranger properly. He looked handsome, fair and spotless that his face seemed to glister under the overhead light, dressed in a nice three-piece suit and wore a very cool eyeglasses. The tone of her voice changed immediately and they had managed a conversation which ended up in exchange of numbers.

She sobbed painfully, mopping over her eyes repeatedly, heartbroken. He had acted like an angel, for after their initial encounter, he showered her with love messages, poems and calls, trying desperately to win her heart. His persistence had been annoying and equally interesting, refusing to back down until the day she finally said yes. Love and gifts poured in recklessly, care and appreciation came as her morning shower -- she had what she wanted. He was her perfect gentleman.

Everything had changed the day she finally gave him her pride. Room 26, Sweethome hotels. He came gently, promising her heaven on earth as he took her dignity on the warm hotel bed. He was sweet and loving, and the thought of a nice future with him was what she needed to give in to him -- to show how much love she had for him. Then calls stopped, messages stopped, and he barely checked on her too -- he already got what he wanted.

She stepped suddenly onto the street, trying to make her way home. She threaded aimlessly along, caring not about the prying eyes that had just witnessed the tirade. Suddenly she heard tires screeching -- brakes in desperate attempt to halt the speeding car. It was too late. She was caught in midriff, and sent flying like a kite in the sky. She hit the tarred road with a mighty thud, her intestine and the growing foetus sprawling across the road.

#Altarboy
Re: Echoes Of Betrayal (a Short Story) by FLAWLES(f): 1:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ok;AM HERE

(1) (Reply)

Poll: Do You Love Anyone? / Why Does It Takes Businessmen So Long To Settle Down(married) / Happy Birthday, Ladian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.